Underground Pass AKA the Loss of Sanity

Chaosheero

yea umm unless you all have 99 agility im going to have to say u are all crazy...if u dont have high agility that quest is prolly the most aggravating thing in the history of runescape....besides the quest mournings end part 2....so hard...so pointless....hated it.. didnt make much sense to me ....i mean lets go in a pyramid and direct light for 3 hours with little mirrors...i pitty whoever wasted time making that quest.....instead of complete negativity..ill say this also :thumbsup:

Fire_Water06.png

Fire_Water06.png

We Don't Choose Our Birth, And We Don't Choose Our Death......

fire_water06.gif

Fire_water06.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea umm unless you all have 99 agility im going to have to say u are all crazy...if u dont have high agility that quest is prolly the most aggravating thing in the history of runescape....besides the quest mournings end part 2....so hard...so pointless....hated it.. didnt make much sense to me ....i mean lets go in a pyramid and direct light for 3 hours with little mirrors...i pitty whoever wasted time making that quest.....instead of complete negativity..ill say this also :thumbsup:

I did it with 47 agility, failed ~3 times =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

this is the quest that probably got me into questing. sure the reward for the quest wasnt that great but the challenges i faced and the elation i felt after FINALLY getting over that last bridge jump was great. its those moments that make playing games worthwhile imo.

not doing one click every minute so i can turn a pile of logs into a bow so i can put some thread on my back for 100 hours :wall:

I remember the quest. Failed the obstacles a bunch of times, then got massively damaged at the end. Went out to get the mail after the quest and it actually felt like I(not my Runescape character, but me) was in the Underground Pass for 2 hours. Did Regicide afterward so I never had to go through the pass again. For MEP2 I believe I failed 14 times the first time and 3 the second time.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

crazy??? I was crazy once, then the spiders came.....they made me crazy.

etc. etc.

2Xeo5.png

You think Underground Pass is bad, try Ratcatchers. Sneaking past the guards was the worst. :wall:

The truth. Compared to Rat Catchers, I was only mildly annoyed by Underground Pass(with around 50 agility). I absolutely, no questions asked HATED Ratcatchers(the guards part). I swear to god I was ready to break my computer when I got caught after climbing up the vine thing for upteenth time.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

You think Underground Pass is bad, try Ratcatchers. Sneaking past the guards was the worst. :wall:

The truth. Compared to Rat Catchers, I was only mildly annoyed by Underground Pass(with around 50 agility). I absolutely, no questions asked HATED Ratcatchers(the guards part). I swear to god I was ready to break my computer when I got caught after climbing up the vine thing for upteenth time.

i broke my stick drive during rat catchers; didnt see it and slammed my fist on it in frustration

ehe

UP was easy. also i got a computer ban half way thru [forgot why] and forgot about the quest so it only seemed half as long

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I second that. Ratcatcher sucked! I purchased a kitten for the quest, ran out of food in the yard, and was screwed. Couldn't go forward, couldn't go back. It well over an hour before I made my way back to the front gate.

The only thing that made me loose my sanity, were those freaking gaps at the end. I failed like 7 times, and when i finally got over them, i had to relax a little so i wouldnt kill myself in game.

Great quest, and long in a good way :thumbup:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

As a quest cape owner, I can say that this quest was definately not the worst. Quite honestly, if you don't rush through it just tyring to get it done so you can go on to the next thing, and stop and enjoy some of the wicked sweet locations ESPECIALLY now with HD, its neat.

Sure, the jumping thing at the end was annoying. But it wasn't as irritating because of the overall coolness of the quest and the decent reward you got at the end.

If there's any quest that really should drive anyone crazy it's ratcatchers... god that thing drove me so insane, and for what? Useless damn rat pits, 2 cat things I hate cats anyway, and what a measly little few k of thieve xp. Stupid.

holst15.png

archsupportei2.png

Oh boy that was a tough quest. I felt my sanity slipping too, it truly was a work of art that Jagex really should try to recreate with future quests.

Agree except for any implied inclusion of the agility part. Thats what made me lose my sanity, and it also raised my blood pressure a good few notches.

I second that. Ratcatcher sucked! I purchased a kitten for the quest, ran out of food in the yard, and was screwed. Couldn't go forward, couldn't go back. It well over an hour before I made my way back to the front gate.

Agreed. The guard part was horrific. Took me over 2 hours to do that.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't THAT bad. Sure it's a little bit harder than some other quests, but if you go into a popular cc like I did the scary part is all but non-existant. As for the last part, I got it on my first try. I guess I'm just lucky =P

OH MY {BLEEPING} god.... This quest almost caused me to kill myself. I was lvl 76 at the time with 40 agil. [bLEEPING] annoying with the [bLEEPING] failures. Took me 26 hours and 12 minutes to finish it with 42 bank trips and 200k spent. This quest then caused me to read complete ecchi/harem manga for 2 weeks in order to get the voices out of my head. After two weeks, I came back to notice I didn't get the staff of Iban. I have only 1 eyebrow now. And then, after that, I decide to no-life some fletching. After 50k maple longs (u) I trade them for Mith plates to be alched. While I alched them, I was reported for botting as I was talking to the person doing the reporting and I got banned (10d). So, After 26 hours and 12 minutes, 42 bank trips, 200k, voices in my head, reading manga on a small 3.5in screen from iTouch, 50k maple longs (u), 2300 mith plates alched,I got banned.

Try doing mournings ends part 2, then tell me what a hard quest is. :ohnoes:

Easy..

Mate, in mep2, all you have to do is follow directions. Don't confuse long with hard :lol:. The hardest quest I faced probably is probably... Ratcatchers :wall:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.