Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RUNE DEFENDER

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Rune Defenders aren't impossible to get, but there are a few things you can do to get one faster/more effeciently. If you just go in there and camp a cyclops you're never going to get anything.

The absolute best thing to do is bring a super set, whip/dragon scim, good food depending on how long you're going to stay in the room, wear a ring of wealth(a must) and to circulate through the room either in a clockwise or counter clockwise fashion killing cyclopses. It will do little good to sit and kill the same cyclopse over and over, or even kill them in a random pattern. I have done this many times, and always when I circulate through the room in a cirlce I get a defender MUCH faster.

Yeah, doing that, has nothing to do with chances of getting a defender...
Luck be a Lady

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
I've spent around 3000 tokens and still cannot get a bronze. Fortunately, I haven't had any need for a defender.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

runevirage
[ Display Name History ]

runevirage

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
It seems to be much faster after you get your first one. I think after getting the bronze defender I got the next 3 within 5 minutes. You'll probably get it quite soon, just keep at it.

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
well, bad luck then. i only took around 400 tokens to get 2 rune and bronze WAS in fact the hardest one to get.

gl.

peace

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
I think I got my rune defender in maybe 2 hours, maybe less...
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Kingkapugen
[ Display Name History ]

Kingkapugen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts
lost my defender :thumbdown:

LOL back to that dreaded place

Smapla
[ Display Name History ]

Smapla

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
going around the room does not help... when i collected them heavily i trained on the same four for long periods of time and got a defender every 15 - 20 minutes
Posted Image

Orioles8
[ Display Name History ]

Orioles8

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • RSN:Orioles8
  • RSN2:SWOtivation
  • Clan:*-P.K.Masters-* (ret.)
50 Hours (3k tokens) seems like quite a long dry steak. Most likely, they're droppping and you're ignoring them :-P Don't forget: Defenders have no cash value, and as such appear UNDER the big bones and are quite hard to see. Always right-click cyclops drop piles, you might be surprised whats lurking under the bones! As for gear, Sacred Clay Platebody and Legs + Warrior/Zerker/Nieznot Helm and whip with your current defender adds up really, really fast xp even if you arent getting the drops.

The most annoying part is that I can't get back my stupid Black Defender without surrendering my rune one! Why should I have to work my way up to rune again just so I can go retrieve my black defender!
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Kingkapugen
[ Display Name History ]

Kingkapugen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts

50 Hours (3k tokens) seems like quite a long dry steak. Most likely, they're droppping and you're ignoring them :-P Don't forget: Defenders have no cash value, and as such appear UNDER the big bones and are quite hard to see. Always right-click cyclops drop piles, you might be surprised whats lurking under the bones! As for gear, Sacred Clay Platebody and Legs + Warrior/Zerker/Nieznot Helm and whip with your current defender adds up really, really fast xp even if you arent getting the drops.

The most annoying part is that I can't get back my stupid Black Defender without surrendering my rune one! Why should I have to work my way up to rune again just so I can go retrieve my black defender!

-.- no i double clicked every one -.-

killerbeer0
[ Display Name History ]

killerbeer0

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nelvaan
Well I gave up for now because I had the same issue. 1.2k to get bronze and so far 900 to get iron.
OH S***! He/she/it is back!

NuckingFuts
[ Display Name History ]

NuckingFuts

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I currently going for a Rune Defender as I write this (Currently on black, and used around 1.5k tokens)

I agree/respect the fact for you being annoyed, having killed so much and not seen any reward would be annoying.

But I don't think they should change it, having it as one of those random/hard to obtain items makes it more fun and enjoyable for when you actually succeed with the task :P

Happy Christmas BTW :)

- Nucking

Ciel
[ Display Name History ]

Ciel

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
It's pure luck.
Posted Image

Krimm911
[ Display Name History ]

Krimm911

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 84 posts
I just remember it took me the longest to get bronze and rune, but everything in between was a pretty speedy process. I think it took me 5k tokens in all to get my first rune defender.

Also ring of wealth my help? I think I remember a topic about it a year ago if it helps or not, but always worth a try.

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
You were unlucky. No, it's not pure luck :XD: , theres a difference.
[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts

going around the room does not help... when i collected them heavily i trained on the same four for long periods of time and got a defender every 15 - 20 minutes

Considering his avatar, I think we should listen to Smapla.

I think I'll go back for another round and get a second rune defender. Those cyclops are rather easy to kill, drop a good number of black knives, and hey, why risk losing my only one and starting from scratch again?

But anyway, I suggest you get into the mindset not to get a rune defender, but to get XP, bones, etc. They are pretty weak and offer up some tasty XP, though not the fastest. Think of the defenders as a surprise. And make sure you always keep your second highest defender in the bank or when you get to rune, 2 rune defenders. You surely don't want to have to restart the process all over again :lol:

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

It's pure luck.

No such thing as luck on a computer. I program (not an expert, to be sure :P ), and you cannot create or do anything random on a computer. There is a SET drop rate somewhere in Jagex servers, if you kill a googolplex of them, you'll get exactly that many kills, on average, between defenders. I'd write out a googolplex to show you it, but even if each numeral was the size of an atom there wouldn't be enough space in the universe (by a factor of 24+) to write it. And that's writing the digits, not the number itself. (Yeah, I like numbers). Still, it's not random, it's precise and accurate. Just because you can only view a tiny sample range doesn't make it 'luck', it's like saying that rolling a dice is 'luck' - a machine designed to roll a die exactly the same way every time will get exactly the same number every time.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Kingkapugen
[ Display Name History ]

Kingkapugen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts

It's pure luck.

No such thing as luck on a computer. I program (not an expert, to be sure :P ), and you cannot create or do anything random on a computer. There is a SET drop rate somewhere in Jagex servers, if you kill a googolplex of them, you'll get exactly that many kills, on average, between defenders. I'd write out a googolplex to show you it, but even if each numeral was the size of an atom there wouldn't be enough space in the universe (by a factor of 24+) to write it. And that's writing the digits, not the number itself. (Yeah, I like numbers). Still, it's not random, it's precise and accurate. Just because you can only view a tiny sample range doesn't make it 'luck', it's like saying that rolling a dice is 'luck' - a machine designed to roll a die exactly the same way every time will get exactly the same number every time.

:o nicely sed :o

heroclixplay
[ Display Name History ]

heroclixplay

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts
Keep at it mate bronze takes the longest to get from everything ive heard then it slowly starts becoming a more common drop so your getting defenders faster rune is fairly common was getting one every 20 minutes today when i was getting some for PKing
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageVisage!!! 24/1/08
Fire cape acheived 8:48 pm 9/10/07

daryltoh
[ Display Name History ]

daryltoh

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
Ring of wealth people!!Although i took just under 2k tokens to get 3 defenders.

The ring will pay for itself very quickly!

Come 1 come all get you ring of wealth now at the ge for a low low price of 32.3k!!

Jammy2222
[ Display Name History ]

Jammy2222

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts

Ring of wealth people!!Although i took just under 2k tokens to get 3 defenders.

The ring will pay for itself very quickly!

Come 1 come all get you ring of wealth now at the ge for a low low price of 32.3k!!

^

This.

I got 4 Rune Defs in 500 Tokens with ROW. That might be just me though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users