RUNE DEFENDER

Kingkapugen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it's absolutely ridiculous. My boyfriend and I spent hours trying to get our defenders until I finally just went to bed, and I haven't had the motivation to continue since. My story isn't quite as bad as the OP's.. at least I went through over 1,000 tickets after several hours and got up to mithril, but it still takes a ridiculous amount of time.

too much time? it doesn't take enough. It takes maybe 2 days to get the item that gives the highest attack bonuses without being a weapon.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Lately, there's been a lot of threads about defenders lol and I don't get it at all. It took me ~1.5k tokens to get 4 rune defenders and my stats were like 70s. Unless they nerfed it somehow since I got them 2 years ago, which I wouldn't understand why, I think everyone's just having bad luck.

Everyone having bad luck is impossible.

Also, it is NOT random, but it's based on propabilities.

Circulating the room is a good idea. I have found for all good drops killing everything in circulation is the best way to go. Also, I think that teh ROW actualy decreases your chance of at least the first 3 defenders being dropped because they are not rare drops. That might be why alot of people speed up after steel, because all teh other defenders are either unafected or droped more often as a result of a RoW. No one has ever proven it either way.

no yopur rightb it is a joke to get a rune def... and when ur in pvp with a whip u need 1.

shame on u jagex make them easier to get u swines

lolandrew330.png

Its worth the wait.

grammar-book.jpg

51%2BjGVeu76L._SS500_.jpg

English. Not that hard to learn.

Oh, and defenders are pretty easy to get. Couple an hour. Don't use em if you don't wanna lose em.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If you don't wan't the best defense slot item in the game just because it takes maybe an hour to get, then you can buy a DFS. They cost 14m, nothing. I can make that much money in 15 minutes!

I'd say it takes about as many kills to get a defender as it takes to get a pair D boots, or a Granite Maul.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Why exactly do people complain about this? It's all random.

Oh, sure, it has the probability distribution, but that doesn't mean that if the probability is X, you WILL get the drop on your Y'th kill.

1/20 chance of drop doesn't guarantee a drop on 20th kill.

1/1000 chance of drop doesn't guarantee a drop on 1000th kill.

Trust me, I have statistics as a subject in university.

Game_Proffy.png

• 5 months later...
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: WTF!@!@!@!@!@!@!

ok here is my story =[ one day i was sitting at the ge with my obby sheild and thought hay i want to go get a rune defender =]. so i go to the warriors guild get 1000 tokens and some good armour potions and food. i go up stairs talk to the girl about defenders and go in. i kill about 1000 giants!!!!!......and i didnt even get a bronze defender :wall: i wasted almost 2 hours and didnt even get a B R O N Z E defender. so i gave up -.-

does anyone no why the [bleep] i didnt get anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[mod edit please don't go around the censor - phil]

A thing called luck wants to see you throw your mouse halfway across the room :lol: it took me a while to get bronze, about 3 goes to get an iron, then I went from iron to addy in about half an hour. Rune defender I got the next round. So I have no idea :?

disturbeda.png

Move around the room in a circular motion, as soon as you strike the killing blow move on to the next one, don't pick up drops, just check to see if they've dropped a defender while you're killing the next one. Use the best prayers you can (wear prayer boosting armour) and super pot regularly. The ROW does not increase your chances of getting one as their value is 0gp.

It took me about 20-30 mins to go from no defenders to a rune one.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png