karils is an EPIC FAIL!

howbadisbad

wtf is with karils it is terible definatly the worst barrows you can have. it has a tendencey to... lower your agility level w00t! :o

torags drains run but thats actually usefull one somone who is trying to run from you. and torags has pwnage def bonuses.

karils has... a coif that makes you look like a [developmentally delayed]? ftw? and the karils xbow has less range bonus than rune.

range definatly needs some updates

(i would love to see god bows or maybe a dragon crossbow?)

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it does have really nice mage def, and I think I remember someone talking about using it at Wilderness training arena to trap people. But yeah, other than that, it's completely garbage lol.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

Magic defence. I used it like crazy before I got armadyl. Black d hide body just doesn't cut it against an ancient mage.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Know whats an Epic Fail? SAYING EPIC FAIL!!!

Jeez i have no clue why this has becoem such a craze....first school now tif -.-......Anyhow, karils is good in a few ways, Imo it looks pretty nifty ( like a ninja with a crossbow! ) and it has a very good mage defence.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Jeez i have no clue why this has becoem such a craze....first school now tif -.-......Anyhow, karils is good in a few ways, Imo it looks pretty nifty ( like a ninja with a crossbow! ) and it has a very good mage defence.

Epic Fail was originally a term used in DnD for when you rolled a one. Basically, if that happened, something REALLY horrible would happen. Like spontaneous combustion. Or a heart attack. With the advent of the internet, DnD nerds were capable of communication without leaving their house and so this wondrous term was brought into public view.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Karils is bad I have read about it and hate it.

I think dragon xbow will be here soon because the dwarves and range guild people keep mentioning a mage xbow. And a mage xbow will require dragon joints right??

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

Epic Fail was originally a term used in DnD for when you rolled a one. Basically, if that happened, something REALLY horrible would happen. Like spontaneous combustion. Or a heart attack. With the advent of the internet, DnD nerds were capable of communication without leaving their house and so this wondrous term was brought into public view.

Or in other words when they discovered 4chan.

I have never used Karil leather since I played Runescape. I don't believe in using barrow armour for defence for some reason. However, I only use Guthan for its heal swipe special.

Black Dragon Hide ftw o.o? lol. Just because of cheap doesn't mean Karil is bad. Karil is pretty good if you're doing something serious :)

~Bomb.

Quite a silly rant.

Barrows armour is known for its defence in its normal attacking armours def

(Dhide=Karil=Mage def)

(Melee=Dh/V/G/T=Range/Melee def)

The defence on ahrims and with the attack makes it very good

And for karils, the set may be very low in range atk against say, A good black dhide set, but check the defences.

Its used for tanking.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Karils is bad I have read about it and hate it.

I think dragon xbow will be here soon because the dwarves and range guild people keep mentioning a mage xbow. And a mage xbow will require dragon joints right??

How can you hate something that you have never used?

You have not descovered the practical uses beyond the set effect, which, in fairness is useless. The magic bonus is the main use, coming usefull in pking and also monsterhunting. I personally use karils all of the time. Taking it as a combo with veracs helm + skirt very often.

Dont claim to hate something you dont know about.

And to the topic starter, karils is closing in on ''epic win'' not ''epic fail'' or what ever developmently delayed term you used to describe this incredibly usefull armour piece (not to mention a very cheap alternative to arma).

Foth.png

well now that pking is gone and pvp worlds have pretty trashy drops (killed a guy with full rune whip defender nezinot and stuff) i ended up geting an ammy of magic... yay -.-

i dont use karils because its stats arnt that much more and it decays so i prefer void or black dragonhide.

the chest and skirt look fine but the coif is just terible looking.

lowering agility may have been good back when there was the wild but now it is pretty usless.

i think arhims is more dangerous than karils personaly but most people pray on karils because he is the most accurate brother.

Magic defence. I used it like crazy before I got armadyl. Black d hide body just doesn't cut it against an ancient mage.

Well it does have really nice mage def, and I think I remember someone talking about using it at Wilderness training arena to trap people. But yeah, other than that, it's completely garbage lol.
Its ironic that Karil's just became the most dangerous brother in barrows after Dharok, but has the least useful armour, Guthan is the easiest to kill, but the most useful armour.

Its ironic that Karil's just became the most dangerous brother in barrows after Dharok, but has the least useful armour, Guthan is the easiest to kill, but the most useful armour.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

i used to think karil's would be interesting for wars, though that changed when the wilderness changed. running is key to surviving in wars so lowering people's regeneration rate would very drastically lower their chance of survival.

fishing.gif

Benefits of Karil's include:

-Semi-automatic crossbow which fires quite a bit FASTER than the conventional metal-with-sinew-tied-together-on-a-wooden-stock.

-The BEST mage defense in the game

Sideeffects include:

-Lower melee defense bonus than Black dragonhide, and the same ranged attack/defense

-Degrading

-Terrible coif

-Terrible set special

Now let's compare (disregarding degrading, since they all have it).

DHAROKS:

-Massive hits

-Massive defense to melee

-Must be low hp

-Terrible magic defense

-Slower than my grandma trying to understand texting

-Greataxe is actually very weak

VERACS:

-Great spec

-Good defense

-Prayer bonus

-Worse defense than other melee counterparts

-Flail is actually very weak

TORAGS:

-Great defense

-Hammers are very weak

GUTHANS:

-Great spec, the ultimate melee camping tool

-Great defense

-Can only train defense/controlled (although controlled isn't bad)

-Spear is weak

AHRIMS:

-Great magic bonuses

-Staff is garbage

So Karil's Crossbow is actually the only Barrows weapon which can stand alone and fair quite well. It's fast, although with lower bonuses. In my experience, it's better than the msb (disregarding spec) and the crystal bow (but only since the bow has lower stats as it degrades).

Benefits of Karil's include:

-Semi-automatic crossbow which fires quite a bit FASTER than the conventional metal-with-sinew-tied-together-on-a-wooden-stock.

-The BEST mage defense in the game

Sideeffects include:

-Lower melee defense bonus than Black dragonhide, and the same ranged attack/defense

-Degrading

-Terrible coif

-Terrible set special

Now let's compare (disregarding degrading, since they all have it).

DHAROKS:

-Massive hits

-Massive defense to melee

-Must be low hp

-Terrible magic defense

-Slower than my grandma trying to understand texting

-Greataxe is actually very weak

VERACS:

-Great spec

-Good defense

-Prayer bonus

-Worse defense than other melee counterparts

-Flail is actually very weak

TORAGS:

-Great defense

-Hammers are very weak

GUTHANS:

-Great spec, the ultimate melee camping tool

-Great defense

-Can only train defense/controlled (although controlled isn't bad)

-Spear is weak

AHRIMS:

-Great magic bonuses

-Staff is garbage

So Karil's Crossbow is actually the only Barrows weapon which can stand alone and fair quite well. It's fast, although with lower bonuses. In my experience, it's better than the msb (disregarding spec) and the crystal bow (but only since the bow has lower stats as it degrades).

armadyl has best magic def in the game

also the dh axe isnt THAT bad alone

if the karils c bow was crappy without full no one would ever bother with karils

i dont care that much about range def (i have yet to see someone acctually hit me with mage while im in dragonhide or void) \'

and yes i do do clan wars and other pvp games so im ot saying this even though ive never been in pvp places.

edit: i got a karils body in barrows and sold it for 700k ::'

arcane_stew.png

1) Ok then Armadyl is, forgot about that. But still, would you buy it for the mage def? Karils is much more affordable.

2) Nope, DH Axe is absolutely pathetic. Although none of the barrows weapons are particularly good, the axe is slow, inaccurate, and pretty much useless. Look at the crossbow, many people use it in the Fight Caves

3)

if the karils c bow was crappy without full no one would ever bother with karils

?

4) I don't get your point on PvP, none of the sets are too great for it, although the armor itself is.

Karils only used for mage def, not the set effect, but the bow actually hits pretty well but bolt racks are expensive.

I agree. :thumbup:

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

rune crossbow > karils brossbow

i qouldnt buy it for mage def either because i havent seen any mages that can hit with any consistency through my void lol (about 100 mage def)

arcane_stew.png

rune crossbow > karils brossbow

i qouldnt buy it for mage def either because i havent seen any mages that can hit with any consistency through my void lol (about 100 mage def)

You sir, are hilarious and ignorant.

Karil's effect has always been horrible, but the body and skirt's magic defenses are what make it valuable. Also, the bow is not bad, as it has good accuracy with mid-range hits, and can shoot almost as far as the crystal bow. Also, ti is considered one of the best tools to kill the KQ's second form with.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Karil's has good mage defence, good range attack, and a good weapon. The set effect is just a bonus. Don't cry over something extra. I suppose it's better than nothing, as Karil's is good enough as it is without the effect.

Here, have a cookie! BUT I DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000