karils is an EPIC FAIL!

howbadisbad

I like Karils X bow, it is very fast and when you get over 90+ range and pot up, it is amazingly accurate. And what are you guys talking about dragon crossbows?! The rune ones are already dishing out 50's...

lol with the specs that rarly activate and if they do activate might not even hit high. #-o

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Karils X bow, it is very fast and when you get over 90+ range and pot up, it is amazingly accurate. And what are you guys talking about dragon crossbows?! The rune ones are already dishing out 50's...

lol with the specs that rarly activate and if they do activate might not even hit high. #-o

Not that it matters, your dishing out 50s NON-spec, at the equivalent of level 74 melees. What's your max with a D2H? Cause that's about the best KO weapon the meleer has at his levels.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

yea when your 99 range you MIGHT be able to hit 50's without spec but if your not 99 range... forget about it.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Keep in mind that rangers had had 70 requirement armour (black d'hide) before Barrows came out. The other two classes had 60 and 40 as their highest requirement (Dragon [60] and Mystic [40/20]) respectively. And at that time in the game Dragon armour was... a pretty price.

Karil might be bad, but to compare it to black d'hide, which shares the 70 skill requirement is wrong. To compare it accurately Karil's should be compared to either red d'hide or green d'hide.

kosoffmisthillspx3.jpg

^ Blog

How would the stats of Karil's be if black d'hide didn't exist?

For the sake of statistical argument we'll say that black d'hide and blue d'hide didn't exist (As there was/is no 70 or 50 requirement melee or mage armour) We'll also say that red d'hide was the stuff of legend, only the elite had access to it. So for the most part, green d'hide was the tired and true armour of rangers. Then all of a sudden... KARIL!!! With it's massive defence and range bonuses it obliterates green d'hide and even soars past the legendary red d'hide.

But no. That's not the case because there IS black d'hide and it's beyond easy to get. From a statistical point of view, rangers had Barrow class armour for a looooong time. The special blows, I'll give it that, but the stats are only bad because of how good the pre-existing armour was. And Armadyl is out now, so whatever.

kosoffmisthillspx3.jpg

^ Blog

Magic defence. I used it like crazy before I got armadyl. Black d hide body just doesn't cut it against an ancient mage.

Yeah. It's great mage def plus good ranged attack. Set effects are only really used for dharok, guthan, and verac tbh.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

they should make karils 80 ranged and buff the stats then because blk d hide gets absolutly raped by dds >_>

arcane_stew.png

No, they shouldn't raise Karils to 80. It is fine for what it is used for: Magic Defense.

And if you wanna reduce damage input on you, raise your defense.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

lol with the specs that rarly activate

I'd beg to differ. If it rarely activated, then it wouldn't be used as a potential KO in pvp worlds/BH. I'm not saying it activates ridiculously often like every other shot, but it activates often enough to put it to practical use.

and if they do activate might not even hit high. #-o

Might not even hit that high? Go fight a dragon without a dragon anti shield or dragon breath pots. It's dragon breath might not even hit high, so you don't need those.

--

I honestly think Karils set is fine. At 70 range, you have two choices, black dhide which overs great all around defence for rangers, and Karils, which loses a bit of it's melee defences so that it can specialize in magic defence. They both have a 70 RANGE REQUIREMENT, so their range attack bonus SHOULD be equal.

Now, one thing I'm not okay with is Karils special. If they managed to switch it with Torags (drain run energy) then I'd be perfectly happy, because it would be of greater use than just reducing agility level. Just my two cents.

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

some noob: i lowered your agility level muhahahahahaha!

jagex: well the set special seems crappy enough lets give the melee bros good set specials and move on.

arcane_stew.png

some noob: i lowered your agility level muhahahahahaha!

jagex: well the set special seems crappy enough lets give the melee bros good set specials and move on.

Only armor with a half decent spec for PVP is Veracs, and even that is eclipsed by whip + defender. So yeah, none of the melee sets are worth using either.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

and dharoks

guthans not so much, but people train in it o.O

torags is just for cheap def but the set spec is still better than karils

arhims has a great set spec... but no one uses the staff -.-

arcane_stew.png

and dharoks

guthans not so much, but people train in it o.O

torags is just for cheap def but the set spec is still better than karils

arhims has a great set spec... but no one uses the staff -.-

Dharoks? Not worth it at all, at the HP requred to decently DH (and still hit less then whip), your easily going to be 1 hit. And whip + defender is still better then veracs, so none of the specials are good for PVP.

DeviledEgg24.png

The top and bottom have the best mage def in the game apart from Armadyl, which is just too expensive in relation to karils.

Barrows is a big indicator of how Jagex favour melee, 4/6 brothers melee, 3/3 sets with a useful special are melee.

Guthans - horribly slow, useless with summon\SGS

Dharoks - good for nothing whatsoever

Veracs - good for... KQ?

Ahrims is the one set that's actually worth using for PVP. Oh, and the melee armor = 1 best set for melee, 1 best set for mage. And ahrims is eons beyond any other mage armor.

DeviledEgg24.png

The top and bottom have the best mage def in the game apart from Armadyl, which is just too expensive in relation to karils.

Barrows is a big indicator of how Jagex favour melee, 4/6 brothers melee, 3/3 sets with a useful special are melee.

Guthans - horribly slow, useless with summon\SGS Most useful armour set before summoning

Dharoks - good for nothing whatsoever Very effective when combined with pro-melee for slayer and other things like ape atoll gorillas

Veracs - good for... KQ? KQ, bosses in general, some use in pvp, barrows

Ahrims is the one set that's actually worth using for PVP. Nobody uses the whole set, the staff is 2 handed + cannot be used to autocast ancient magicks Oh, and the melee armor = 1 best set for melee, 1 best set for mage. And ahrims is eons beyond any other mage armor. The top and bottom only.

mgssteelwarol7.png

Guthans - horribly slow, useless with summon\SGS Most useful armour set before summoning

Dharoks - good for nothing whatsoever Very effective when combined with pro-melee for slayer and other things like ape atoll gorillas

Veracs - good for... KQ? KQ, bosses in general, some use in pvp, barrows

Ahrims is the one set that's actually worth using for PVP. Nobody uses the whole set, the staff is 2 handed + cannot be used to autocast ancient magicks Oh, and the melee armor = 1 best set for melee, 1 best set for mage. And ahrims is eons beyond any other mage armor. The top and bottom only.

Guthans - Nice to know, but summoning has been out for a year now. I hear bronze dagger was the best weapon before iron dagger came out.

Dharoks - Slayer? Not a chance, whip\proslyte and piety are far more XP. Gorillas? People actually do those? Armored zombies with whip is more XP, 190k profit, and quite a few charms.

Veracs - Meleeing with a crossbow\karils top in invo works better then veracs, or black mask with a kalphite task for KQ. No other bosses are worth using it on; whip + defender is better for PVP, salamander is FAR faster for barrows.

Just because no one uses the set doesn't mean it's good. I use it extensvily, as does muggiwhiplar. It's highly effective, and the top and bottom are the ONLY mage robs with a good mage attack and melee defence.

DeviledEgg24.png

Lol'ed at you taking it so seriously. One thing i've noticed about this forum is that people need to take a step back and realise that this is a game. Why so [bleep] serious. /end pathetic argument

So I'm not supposed to say 'barrows sets have no use in PVP', because I'm being 'serious' by answer someone elses question? This is a forum for discussion and questions about runescape. If you don't want to do that, go elsewhere.

DeviledEgg24.png

Once again, why so serious Adolf?

Feel free to point out the seriousness in 'melee barrows sets aren't worth using in PVP'. He asked a question; I answered it. I'm assuming your simply trying to troll and incite a fight, so I won't be responding to any more comments of this nature.

Who would wear the whole set? The top and bottom are perfectly fine as they are.

Yes, that's basically the premise behind barrows; wear the top and bottom of X set with verac's helm.

DeviledEgg24.png

Its a hat trick. Why so serious Goebbels?

God, you're annoying.

And guthaning does have some uses, but Dharok is great at Waterfiends. :D

Only thing I can think of guthans for is Bandos tank if you don't have a unicorn. SS + Void + Piety> DH at waterfiends, less dangerous, faster kills, faster XP, fewer prayer pots etc. etc. etc.

DeviledEgg24.png

I'm pretty sure DH is faster than void... but Guthan has some uses for people who use Combat familiars without an SGS/~90+ def.

Plus Void takes too long to get. :cry:

If your under 77 summoning, your a lot better off using a bunyip instead of a combat familiar and not wasting time with guthans. Dh isn't faster then void, Qeltar only gets 94 crimson per hour (and at a LOT higher cost\risk) compared to my 105-106 crmison.

DeviledEgg24.png