New Quest XP reward -- don't read if you don't want to know.

Punitive_D

Dump it on the slowest skill to train.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All mine is going to RC when I do the quest :P

Runecrafting is tempting since it is such a HUGE PAIN to train. On the other hand, runecrafting, unlike some other skills, actually has a little payoff as you train it up. That's a tough tradeoff to decide -- pain v. money.

Unless of course the exp puts you up to a level where you can get an extra rune per essence, in which case the time it took you to get that level without the exp boost could be used after the exp boost and thus make even more money. So that is also a factor in deciding.

tazo6114.png

It requires the skill to be 65+.

I didn't spend my points right away after the quest.

And haven't sold my dragon lump yet. Look at the prices rise. :)

cliffside1ra5.png

For me:

I HATE agility, and I have been wanting lvl 70 for some time now, so that would take 200k for me.

As for the other 200k: I have some choices I have to make up my mind about:

Runcrafting: It is low, and takes forever to train

Smithing: slow, costly, and I want 70 so I could smelt Adamant.

Hunter: I dont like to train it, but it is low.

Construction: money sink, don't like to train it. But then agfain, 100% buyable so I might send some of the 10M quest reward on it.

Summoning: I don't like to train it, but lvl 68 for bunyip is really handy... Might use some of the 10M on it as well...

Questions, questions.....Where are the answers?

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I won't get a chance to do this quest until probably late December or early January (finals, job, registration, etc), but when I do, I'm at an impasse as to which skill to put it all in. Contenders are Smithing, Slayer, Summoning, and Crafting. Can't see putting it in any other skill since it's simple enough to train them (yes, even Mining - I'm just praying for an update to it so I can get started on it again).

Maybe I'll use it on Smithing. Or Slayer. Or Smithing. Geez...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I used 200k on Farming and 200k on Herblore, by far my slowest skills to train as they are in my lowest 3. The xp increased each by a level to 87 for both.

Why?

Thieving is lower than both of them but the xp is quick so not worth using it on. Runecrafting is slow, but its a skill that makes money. Herblore and Farming however are both expensive and slow, therefor both well worth the xp used on them.

shey.png

Heh, my Herblore and Farming are already 99, those weren't my training nightmares.

I did: 200K for Summoning, which with last week's Penguin Points bonus got me to 83, a temporary target level (Lava Titans, Spirit Dagannoths). 200K for Runecrafting, which pushed me well into level 75 (Giant Pouch use) -- while RC is a moneymaker, I find training it to be mind-numbing.

If you use it for Mining, I feel you're wasting it -- much more fun to chase shooting stars for a while to raise that skill.

Smithing, Prayer, and Construction aren't bad -- all expensive to train. Agility maybe, as it is a repeating clickfest with slow gains and no produced goods.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

I would probably be torn between RC (hate), slayer (hate), farming (hate), summoning (woule hate if I trained), herblore (painful), theiving (wouldnt chose this one), and agility.

I think 100k to each of:

RC, farm, slayer, summoning

Failing in that, I would put 200k to summoning and slayer. I would not chose RC because it is not a skill I use nor is it generaly a quest restriction. I can put penguin points into it if I need to.

[sarcasm]put it all on cooking, firemaking, or fletching!!![/sarcasm]

but seriously, it's all about what you want. Put it all on that lv 1 skill you've been putting off and shoot up to level 60ish, or you can put it on prayer and save youself a headache and a half.

It allows you to do only if youre 65+ in the skill.

Personally, I'd do either the longest/hardest or most expensive one and ONLY if I'm sure I'll be needing it and that it's really hard/expensive. And 400k isn't all that awesome, say for level 80+ it's what? 2? Maximum 3 levels. For 90+ probably not even gonna level. Anyway, I'd put it on either herblore, slayer, summoning. Not sure yet. I still have 6 quests and a bit of training till I can do it tho.

Profins.png

specty.png

I'd say put it towards a skill that is very slow (HP, slayer, RC)

Nah definitely not slayer or HP. When you train slayer, you are slowly training 3 to 6 different skills at a time.

Slayer+HP+Range

Slayer+HP+Magic

Slayer+HP+One melee stat, or all 3 if controlled whip

Plus a little bit of summoning if you use Bunyip/Tortoise or whatever.

RC is ftl as far as xp goes and it would be stupid to put 400k xp towards hp or slayer

This logic is wrong. You can get more RC exp and profit in an hour than you could from Slayer. Slayer is hands down the slowest skill to train in the game([possibly 2nd slowest with mining taking the #1 spot). Though you are losing out on 400k's worth of melee exp (which would of been a good chunk of exp, at least 1m exp I think) you are gaining the fastest 400k slayer exp you could of ever gotten otherwise.

Take the time it takes you to get 400k slayer exp, you can grind out more exp in the combat stats than you could of ever gotten with training them with slayer.

Thus making slayer the most logical choice in my eyes. You can also spend it on mining which is around the same speed as if no slower than slayer, since it maxes out at 50k exp in an hour.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Nah definitely not slayer or HP. When you train slayer, you are slowly training 3 to 6 different skills at a time.

Slayer+HP+Range

Slayer+HP+Magic

RC is ftl as far as xp goes and it would be stupid to put 400k xp towards hp or slayer

This logic is wrong. You can get more RC exp and profit in an hour than you could from Slayer. Slayer is hands down the slowest skill to train in the game([possibly 2nd slowest with mining taking the #1 spot). Though you are losing out on 400k's worth of melee exp (which would of been a good chunk of exp, at least 1m exp I think) you are gaining the fastest 400k slayer exp you could of ever gotten otherwise.

Take the time it takes you to get 400k slayer exp, you can grind out more exp in the combat stats than you could of ever gotten with training them with slayer.

Thus making slayer the most logical choice in my eyes. You can also spend it on mining which is around the same speed as if no slower than slayer, since it maxes out at 50k exp in an hour.

Mining can be 70k+ per hour.....

Slayer+HP+Range

Slayer+HP+Magic

Mining can be 70k+ per hour.....

yes but thats very intense. u have to have a really sensitive mouse and move really fast. normally its 40k an hr on average. id kno cuz im training slowly to 99 (80 atm)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

All 400,000 went to Slayer and brought me 211k away from 97 Slayer. I will be doing my penguins today for another 36k slayer exp, bringing me only 175k away from the level. I'd say I made a smart choice considering I chopped off about 20 hours of Slayer with the quest reward. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

My quandrie is a bit different.

I want construction to be my lowest skill as I hate training it so all my genies/tome and TOG go to it. However my construction and rc levels are close. As soon as my construction goes higher than my rc then I rc for a few hours and forget about it for another month or 2.

Straight away I thought stick it all in construction. However that would mean making up 400k in rc XP in order to level them out again. Roughly 20 hours worth of work, I just don't want to do.

I then thought about sticking it all in rc. This has the bonus of taking me to 75, for giant pouches and meaning I don't have to worry about rc again for ages. However it's a loss. 400k XP in terms of natures is a lot. However in the 20 hours I save I'm sure I can make that money.

Other option for me is to put 200k on construction and 200k on rc. Then I'm in the same boat now which rather ruins the point of a reward.

All other skills are a waste imoh. Anything combat related (and yes that includes slayer) can be levelled up perfectly fast enough without the extra.

Agility isn't that slow once you hit 65-70 and mining is bearable with the star hunting. All other skills get you XP fast/cheap enough not to be an issue.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!