Im freaking out here!

Den

The last one is sort of negligible because apparently it can mask itself as a trustworthy process in that folder.

http://www.file.net/process/searchfilterhost[Caution: Executable File].html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic133439.html

^ I wasn't sure about that one, so I looked it up and voila...

Personally I'd go to the link that the poster above posted.

j0xPu5R.png

Den, we really need the whole listing that is provided to you in the HJT Log File... If there is something going on, and HJT sees it, we can't help catch it without seeing the file ourselves. :geek:

BTW, this sounds much to me also like the DNS entry stack in your computers are getting monkeyed around with by something. :?

~D. V. "Sorry, but that's the truth..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Den, we really need the whole listing that is provided to you in the HJT Log File... If there is something going on, and HJT sees it, we can't help catch it without seeing the file ourselves. :geek:

BTW, this sounds much to me also like the DNS entry stack in your computers are getting monkeyed around with by something. :?

~D. V. Devnull

Aside from his rambling about stacks, I agree. We need the full log file posted here. In hide tags, please! You haven't left us with much to look at right now, with the rest of the log, there's a great chance we find what's wrong. A lot is told by all those long lines of seeming nonsense.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

The hosts file will not have anything to do with this if his two computer redirect to the same site. Unless both computers have the same exact malware. It would have to be a redirection from you router to cause it happening on more than one computer.

goldenblade995.png

Its obviously spyware, just search Ad-aware 2008, and dl it, run the updates and scan your computer

Don't assume that. There are lots of other possible malware things that could be causing them, and not even ad-aware might be able to find them.

Anyway, a full HJT log is needed before you do anything else.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Its obviously spyware, just search Ad-aware 2008, and dl it, run the updates and scan your computer

Don't assume that. There are lots of other possible malware things that could be causing them, and not even ad-aware might be able to find them.

No there is not, think about the intentions and obvious motives of the malware, think about what its doing. Its obvious spyware.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Look, I've seen this problem before on these forums and in previous cases it wasn't spyware. I'm not saying it's not a possibility, but you can't assume that given so little evidence.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

<<<Quote Snip>>>

No there is not, think about the intentions and obvious motives of the malware, think about what its doing. Its obvious spyware.
Look, I've seen this problem before on these forums and in previous cases it wasn't spyware. I'm not saying it's not a possibility, but you can't assume that given so little evidence.
Dracion1 is totally right... Without further information, there is no way to know what the problem is exactly... 'Nuff said. :ugeek:

~Mr. D. V. "Defeating the problem requires investigating first." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Since he didn't respond on this thread, I sent him a PM. His response:

I found the problem. (I think)

Google ads were hosting an ad that contained a code and a internet address.

Once the ad was shown, it would direct you to the site that the ad contained.

This explains why i got the banner of the gold selling site up when I entered runescape.com via IP address.

The ad went away after an hour and I havent had problems since.

j0xPu5R.png