what do u rekon is teh most useless skill out there?

go2guy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really is no debate. Firemaking is the most useless skill hands down. It serves no purpose but fast total levels. You get nothing in return.

Which I am sure everone would agree with me here. Anyone who disagrees I would say is doing so just for the sake of disagreeing. I like FM and I can confidently say it's a useless skill.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

There really is no debate. Firemaking is the most useless skill hands down. It serves no purpose but fast total levels. You get nothing in return.

Which I am sure everone would agree with me here. Anyone who disagrees I would say is doing so just for the sake of disagreeing. I like FM and I can confidently say it's a useless skill.

We could also say that agility is the most useless. After all, you could just as well wait to have the run energy recharged, or if you are PKing, bring (super energy pots or better yet,) purple sweets!

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

[hide=Quote Fairness]

We could also say that agility is the most useless. After all, you could just as well wait to have the run energy recharged, or if you are PKing, bring (super energy pots or better yet,) purple sweets!

[/hide]

But does Agility give you a gain?.. Yes it does. Be it quite minuscule it still does give something back to the player.

What do you get back from firemaking other than exp and a loss of money? You could say that now you can light light Cave goblin mining helms for people for profit? Maybe go around offering to light mage log fires for people? That sounds like a real gain for getting those FM levels.

Like I said arguing for the sake of arguing.

[hide=Quote Fairness]

[/hide]

But does Agility give you a gain?.. Yes it does. Be it quite minuscule it still does give something back to the player.

What do you get back from firemaking other than exp and a loss of money? You could say that now you can light light Cave goblin mining helms for people for profit? Maybe go around offering to light mage log fires for people? That sounds like a real gain for getting those FM levels.

What's the problem with arguing?

Vyrewatch burning? At its minimum level it's probably already more potential profit than Agility can give... after all, you can get god pages, etc. that give you more profit than the time could that you lose from running less (and without super energy/purple sweets).

You're being watched.

Its worth noting that with the addition of the adze, firemaking is now a reqired skill to get a combo Rune pick and d hatchet.

And since all skills are reqired for quests, they all have a use. Now I think firemaking might have less use than any other skill, but id does have uses.

[hide=Quote Fairness]

[/hide]

Well that's not too great of an argument, just saying that its useful if it "gives something back to the player." You said yourself it gives experience and total levels, which is something given back to the player by the player's hard work in the skill. Therefore, Firemaking is a useful skill.

However, going back to the point of the thread, I thouroughly believe that Firemaking is the least useful of any of the skills on Runescape. It's really just an extra requirement you have to get up in order to light something during a quest.

Captainpayne.png

Captainpayne.png

The English language.

Damn,you stole mine.

We could also say runecrafting is useless,since we can buy runes from a goddamn store?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

The English language.

Damn,you stole mine.

We could also say runecrafting is useless,since we can buy runes from a goddamn store?

Before the "argue for the sake for arguing" guy responds to this with "you can make money with it", you are reinforcing my Vyrewatch argument.

You're being watched.

With the spelling in that title, this could be mistaken for a joke thread.

But to answer the question, Firemaking by far, although that doesn't mean it is completely useless. Just, not as useful as the other skills. In my opinion it's also the skill with the most potential (think day/night).

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Well that's not too great of an argument, just saying that its useful if it "gives something back to the player." You said yourself it gives experience and total levels, which is something given back to the player by the player's hard work in the skill. Therefore, Firemaking is a useful skill.

I believe it is an argument that doesn't really need to be in-depth and so over articulated that you couldn't squeeze anything else out of it in a hundred years. Somethings are just plain obvious.

Yes I said it gives exp and total levels, but so does every other skill in the game that you train, so for the sake of discussion getting back exp and total levels means nothing since everything gives you those 2 things in return. It's null-and-void so to speak.

---

Okay Vyrewatch Burning.. that averages out to what 350k for 3 days of work getting 100 keys. You'll get a ridiculous amount of money IF you get a god page.

That's like saying why train skills when I can just do level 3 clues since they give me back potentially more than I could of ever of gotten skilling. Which would be true should you be in-fact lucky enough to get 3rd age armors and god pages, however not everyone is lucky at this game of runescape.

Okay Vyrewatch Burning.. that averages out to what 350k for 3 days of work getting 100 keys. You'll get a ridiculous amount of money IF you get a god page.

That's like saying why train skills when I can just do level 3 clues since they give me back potentially more than I could of ever of gotten skilling. Which would be true should you be in-fact lucky enough to get 3rd age armors and god pages, however not everyone is lucky at this game of runescape.

Except that Vyrewatch = consistent profit, while even getting the lvl3 clues is a bit inconsistent. This makes the argument weaker than it seems...

You're being watched.

Construction.

It's just a bottomless pit of money wasting.

im not a member and never have been, but doesnt construction allow u to make storage space for ur items so u have more bank space :thumbsup:

in my case i think it would by firemaking at the moment. Its not totally useless but u cant compare it to the other skills out there.

Construction.

It's just a bottomless pit of money wasting.

im not a member and never have been, but doesnt construction allow u to make storage space for ur items so u have more bank space :thumbsup:

in my case i think it would by firemaking at the moment. Its not totally useless but u cant compare it to the other skills out there.

Storage space? Feh, that's nothing. Tele portals and gilded altars are where it's at. And he said it's useless.

You're being watched.

Cooking because cooked food is already cheaper than raw.

Fish raw sell and buy cooked btw

Summer pies = Heals self AND gains energy

Mud pies = Slows down opponent in pvp/bounty hunter

Curry = Chaos elemental

Tuna and corn potato/manta ray = best healing food in the game (and cooked manta ray sells for more than raw :P)

--> All skills have some use, which means they are useful. Even if it's a little bit.

But I think the least useful skill is firemaking.

- apart from some quest requirements, easy skillcape, easier total level, and some usefulness in some minigames (those of which could be achieved with most other skills), firemaking is just a money sink to the rich people who can afford to spend 3mil on 150k maple logs.

Fae_Rasachi.png

oh, sigs can update by themselves now? ^.^

Runecrafting.

You can buy your runes from a freaking store. All are buyable!

As for firemaking, it has pyre thingers, much more helpful than making runes...

And Dragoon, you arent the best person to tell someone their English is bad.

You NEVER put spaces between your fullstops, commas, etc.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

hitpoints, and it's uselessness will continue thoughout runescape

currently you could have 10 hitpoints and with all the prayer, protections, potions, running, tactics, and everything out in membersland, still survive against almost anything.

not to mention the max hit of some of the stronger monsters is enough to make it so that hit points doesn't even matter

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

currently you could have 10 hitpoints and with all the prayer, protections, potions, running, tactics, and everything out in membersland, still survive against almost anything.

not to mention the max hit of some of the stronger monsters is enough to make it so that hit points doesn't even matter

:thumbdown:

No.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

:thumbdown:

No.

Actually, it's surprising how right he is. It's all about convenience. =P~

You're being watched.

By that logic, having a high level in any skill is just a convenience... so that makes all skills equally useless. You don't have to have 99 WC, etc... it's just convenient to..?

Hitpoints are the lifeblood of any RPG...

I don't know how many times I've been walking through the wild, when all of the sudden, out of the blue, a Rev deals 25 points of damage on me.

Your 10 HP level won't really fare to well against that...

Besides, I don't know about other people, but I don't even consider HP to be a "skill." But it is incredibly useful.

IMO.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

By that logic, having a high level in any skill is just a convenience... so that makes all skills equally useless. You don't have to have 99 WC, etc... it's just convenient to..?

Hitpoints are the lifeblood of any RPG...

I don't know how many times I've been walking through the wild, when all of the sudden, out of the blue, a Rev deals 25 points of damage on me.

Your 10 HP level won't really fare to well against that...

Besides, I don't know about other people, but I don't even consider HP to be a "skill." But it is incredibly useful.

IMO.

Here, lemme fix your joke and sarcasm detector for you.

*bang* *clank* *screech* *clank*

There, that should work. :thumbup:

You're being watched.

• 4 weeks later...