Quest Cape Respected Now

Roflcopters

...It's still a noob cape. Quests take no skill, especially since a large part of quests is running around Runescape playing delivery boy/girl with the odd battle thrown in here and there.

Edit: And the highest level you need for a quest is like 75, right? That's like 1/12th the experience of 99, iirc.

Alot of skills take 'no skill', just alot of time, patience and grinding.

So, by your definition, runecrafting cape is a noob cape? Most of it is running around to and fro.

Yeah. By Sky_Wizard's definition of a "noob cape" the runecrafting cape is the easiest in the game because you don't even have to run around that much anymore. All you do is teleport to the altar and then bank and castlewars. OMGMGMGFMFMGMGMGMGFMMFGMGMGGGGGGGGG RC CAEP IS T3H NUBBBBBY CHUBBBBIEST CAEP EVVVAAARRRR!!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!1111oneoneone

See? Anyone can be a moron like you too.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...It's still a noob cape. Quests take no skill, especially since a large part of quests is running around Runescape playing delivery boy/girl with the odd battle thrown in here and there.

Edit: And the highest level you need for a quest is like 75, right? That's like 1/12th the experience of 99, iirc.

If you think quest cape requires no skill then lets see you get it, and do it in a week. For a cape that requires 'no skill' that should be easy right?

I'm still working on getting the requirements for the Grandmaster. I have always respected it (mainly cause it's the one cape I've always wanted and actually had a chance of getting), and now I do so even more. Hopefully, once I earn mine back, I'll get a bit more respect too :thumbsup:. 65 Farming and Herblore aren't exactly easy skills to obtain.

Also, I haven't seen one person wearing a Quest Cape since the Grandmaster came out, as opposed to 1 out of every 10 people wearing one beforehand. And to all those people who say "Quest Cape is a noob cape," you have what, 100-150 QP's? Yeah. Thought so. Go do the Grandmaster and then come talk.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Doing quests takes patience, and without guides it would take alot longer to do.

With 99s you know exactly what you have to do to reach the desired level, and once you reach 99 there is a limit - unlike the quest cape.

In my eyes i see buyable skills less than i do quest cape (if that makes sense)

I think anyone who has/had a quest cape in the past should be respected

Reading a guide and following the steps for an hr or two a hundreds time over, is more respectable then gathering 100m+ for a 99 skill?

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

As a point of interest, if I traded all the time I spent questing for devout skilling time, I could have at least 2 and maybe 3 skill capes by now. I would have the hunter and cooking cape, and fletching (cooking and fletching I could buy and achive in the time it took to get 150 something QP, and I bet I coudl get the rest of hunter in too). Thats one skilled cape and 2 bought ones. Besides, the quest cape is useful in a way. If you have it, you have access to every possible place for players to go, and should have teh combat ability to survive for some time in almost every enviroment (GWD might be exception).

Often I see people judging the quest cape based on total xp - does no one ever consider the time invested into actually doing the quests? People also call it an easy noob cape, because some people use guides and just follow instructions. However, the majority of skills is a matter of doing the same task repeatedly. Even if one were to use guides, that still requires more thinking than training a normal skill.

Now, I'm aware there are skills that are more difficult to get, but that's not my point. The quest cape is an achievement in itself. It's an achievement cape for a reason, and deserves to be treated so.

I don't think the quest brought any new respect. Maybe a little for some. It was fun though, especially without a guide. Probably one of the most enjoyable quests for me. It was epic. <3:

cliffside1ra5.png

At least it isn't pointless like a firemaking cape cape or something. I'd respect them using their time on something useful, instead of training a useless skill. That doesn't have to mean a quest cape is hard, and it doesn't make a useless cape unrespectable.

2dvjurb.png

A lot of people are saying it's still a noob quest even after the Grandmaster quest? Pfff, what do you mean it doesn't require any skill? I doubt even the unbuyable and slow skills like Fishing or Mining are more challenging. Click and wait for the resource, oh yeah that's really more respect worthy than a cape that requires you train several skills for requirements and use your brain for puzzles and such (even with a guide you still need to think sometimes).

It was debatable before, but now there is no reason why the Quest Cape is nooby. At least with quests it's not point-and-click all the way.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I agree that one level 60 requirement isn't alot. But when you need ALL OF YOUR SKILLS to be at 60+ it's totally different. Getting the 8m xp is over half of a 99 and the time to do all the quests surpasses most 99s.

Dream mentor requires 85 combat, good fight.

I bought a quest cape for the first time yesterday and flaunted it.

And that's all I have to say about that.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Seriously? With all the level requirements and all the hours, it's more respectable than some skillcapes.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Because guides exist, I won't ever have respect for it.

The requirements for it aren't exactly high either. I was expecting some actual high ones for this grandmaster quest. Or at least no low requirements in it at all. I'd like to know why someone thought it was a good idea to have a 23 summoning reuirement.

The requirements for it aren't exactly high either. I was expecting some actual high ones for this grandmaster quest. Or at least no low requirements in it at all. I'd like to know why someone thought it was a good idea to have a 23 summoning reuirement.

Exactly. It's just like the fire cape. You get 70 range, 43 prayer, and BAM. That easy.

I don't see the point here. All you need are the levels! THAT'S ALL YOU NEED GUYS! ALL YOU NEED ARE THE LVELE SS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Doing quests takes patience, and without guides it would take alot longer to do.

With 99s you know exactly what you have to do to reach the desired level, and once you reach 99 there is a limit - unlike the quest cape.

In my eyes i see buyable skills less than i do quest cape (if that makes sense)

I think anyone who has/had a quest cape in the past should be respected

Reading a guide and following the steps for an hr or two a hundreds time over, is more respectable then gathering 100m+ for a 99 skill?

Well, I guess that means that owners of quest capes are literate no? :lol:

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

Quest capes should've always been respected, they take the longest amount of time to get besides slayer and rcing (and continually increase over time), and they are also much harder to obtain than a skill cape for any one skill. Rcing and slayer involve repetitive, minimally dangerous activities. Quest capes require you to be proficient in every skill, and traverse through every square of runescape with competent puzzle solving, combat, and reflex skills.

For anyone doubting the difficulty in getting a quest cape, start two lvl 3 chars, then make one go for 99 runecrafting, and the other for a quest cape. You'll quickly realize the path to a quest cape is an order of magnitude more difficult and complex.

I know how you can get FOUR skill capes for absolutely free. Step one. Make an account. Step two. Do Tutorial Island. Step three. Cross the bridge and go to the chicken farm. Step four. Punch and kick chickens until your strength, attack, Hp, and defense are at level 99. If you bury all the bones, and cook all the carcasses, you'll also have 99 prayer and cooking! See how easy that was?!?

And there's my answer to guides. Sure, it sounds easy enough, but when you're fighting the Gelattinoth Mother, wondering why all your attacks are splashing while SHE'S hitting constant thirteens and twelves, the reaction is quite different. Course, with chickens they can hit all of one, so no worries, mate!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I know how you can get FOUR skill capes for absolutely free. Step one. Make an account. Step two. Do Tutorial Island. Step three. Cross the bridge and go to the chicken farm. Step four. Punch and kick chickens until your strength, attack, Hp, and defense are at level 99. If you bury all the bones, and cook all the carcasses, you'll also have 99 prayer and cooking! See how easy that was?!?

And there's my answer to guides. Sure, it sounds easy enough, but when you're fighting the Gelattinoth Mother, wondering why all your attacks are splashing while SHE'S hitting constant thirteens and twelves, the reaction is quite different. Course, with chickens they can hit all of one, so no worries, mate!

Incorrect. With that method, you can get four *skills* to 99 for free.

You cannot get four *skill capes* absolutely free as you have mentioned, because it would cost 396k.

Also, you say you can get *four* 99 skills but you mention *six* skills.

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

Exactly. It's just like the fire cape. You get 70 range, 43 prayer, and BAM. That easy.

I don't see the point here. All you need are the levels! THAT'S ALL YOU NEED GUYS! ALL YOU NEED ARE THE LVELE SS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Except the quest cape takes more than 3 levels, and no Bam. It's not that easy, the time is immense.

Yeah, and the only thing you need for a skillcape are levels, how is your arguement justified? HEHEHEHEHE (Hey I can look stupid too, you make it look so easy, probably because your the real thing.)

How are you even in this arguement? You have no 99s. I'm not bragging but I have 3, and the quest cape. I wonder who is more unbiased.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde