Quest Cape Respected Now

Roflcopters

It's a shame the the Quest Cape cannot be trimmed. It has a cool emote and completing all quests has always been a nice accomplishment. But since it is untrimmed, it's mostly worn by lower leveled players who don't have 2 or more 99's, thus helping to keep it's reputation as a "noob" cape. If it could be trimmed, I would gladly wear mine some even though I have 12 other capes to choose from.

I heard a while back that when there are enough Achievement Diaries released that you will be able to have your Quest Cape trimmed by completeing them all.

cool_sig1.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, look at it this way:

Jagex brings out new quests every month, sometimes 2 *Z0mG*

while you have to take more time to work towards earning the cape again, once you get a 99 in a skill you can't work anymore towards that 99 skill again as you have achieved the highest level.

The Quest Cape on the other hand, seeing as I'm the proud owner of one, may require lower skills than 99, but still requires more patience and a different kind of skill to be achieved.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I have always respected the quest cape but I don't see why people think that the new quest would make it more respectable other then it just means you did one more quest.

The quest itself was do able, it took much longer than an average quest would take but in general didn't provide an immense amount of toughness, patience was the only thing that it took (imo).

Now people are saying that the new quest makes the cape more respectable because you needed all the quests finished to start it in the first place, including Mourning's end pt II (as a frequently given example in this argument), but that requirement was already in the quest cape it self, in order for someone to wear it he needed to finish all the quests already in the first place.

Some people now asume that the new quest made the quest cape more respectable as if now it requires 100 more quests to do it, but in fact it was only 1 more (yet long) quest added to the requirement, that's it.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

I respect the quest cape not because it is difficult to get, but because most players who own one have a deep understanding of the game.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I hope there's going to be an achievement cape released this month. It would be cool that if you've completed the achievement cape (which would look like the quest cape but green) and the quest cape, you could wear a mixture of the two!

Like either a half green half blue quest cape! (or trimmed!) (or whatever colour green and blue makes together lol :P)

It's on par with Cooking and Fletching imo. It's an easy cape to get because requires much less patience/time than another skillcape. It's also as good as free and it's the ugliest cape out there.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Of course... now you need multiple skill levels to do this quest and high agility for Mourner 2. Overall, quest capes could now be consider the same as a SkillCape.

~Bomb

Please think again, in order to be able to wear the quest cape before the new master quest you also already needed the same requirements. It's only 1 more quest added but the requirements haven't changed much other than the fact you need 1 more quest and defeat the monster in the chaos tunnels.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

It's on par with Cooking and Fletching imo. It's an easy cape to get because requires much less patience/time than another skillcape. It's also as good as free and it's the ugliest cape out there.

It requires less time? Doing the quests alone takes more time than earning a 99 in most skills, let alone getting the skills for the quests.

It's on par with Cooking and Fletching imo. It's an easy cape to get because requires much less patience/time than another skillcape.

It would be interesting to know how many people can wear quest capes right now compared to how many can wear the other skill capes. I know that I haven't been able to wear the quest cape since rocking out because I don't want to train up smithing. Jagex could set up a mechanism for tracking this, and I wish they would. In fact, I would like a page in the KB that would allow us to check how many of each cape can be worn at any given time -- this would go a long way, imho, toward resolving these incessant arguments about which capes are more prestigious. The more rare a cape is, the more prestigious it is. I just wish it were easy to tell which are the most rare.

punitivedsig.png

I have always respected, and always will respect the quest cape. If i see it lined up against skill capes, to me it seems like more of an accomplishment as it needs constant effort to have one, whereas a 99 is complete once you've got it.. I think it takes a different type of skill to be able to get the quest cape.

God_of_skils.png

God_Of_Skils.png

99 cooking achieved 15/07/2007

99 hunting achieved 19/12/2007

99 firemaking achieved 29/11/2008

A quest cape ensures that it's wearer has a fairly balanced out skills. A quest cape allows it's wearer to know about Runescape history and it's map. A quest cape cannot be bought. A quest cape is never permanent, unlike other skills capes new quests get released and the wearer must complete that quest again.

Yes, it has got more respected but people will still say that it's "noob", however I can bet that these people are the ones without quest capes and usually have a skill cape.

Well said

I always respected quest cape - more hours go into it than some of the buyable skills.

Plus, quest capes are the only ones you can't macro ;)

Not that I've tried, thought I'd clarify that! D:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Well the quest itself and the skill requirements are very easy.

I had all of the individual quests, and easily the skills, but I was one of the people running around to get 50 qp.

Still... a few days to get my qp to max is not nearly enough for me to want to buy the quest cape at all. Not saying that I don't respect it... just that it's ridiculous to think that it's harder than a 99.

...It's still a noob cape. Quests take no skill, especially since a large part of quests is running around Runescape playing delivery boy/girl with the odd battle thrown in here and there.

Edit: And the highest level you need for a quest is like 75, right? That's like 1/12th the experience of 99, iirc.

Quests take more "skill" than actually training a skill. Or did you think the mindless, repetitive skills such as fletching and cooking require skill?

Questing might not be that hard, but some quests actually have some nasty parts. Also, quests might have a low skill requirement, but it still takes the time to complete all those quests.

Not saying it's an epic cape or something, but it deserves more recognition than quite a few skills.

it does take more time to do all quests WITH a guide even if you did them all before with all the items needed for all quests, than it does to get cooking or fletching.

quest cape is harder than cooking and fletching end of story.

also quests are just like combat stats, everyone who starts the game does quests or train combat, then theres the many skills to train, with cooking and fletching and firemaking being the most useless of those to train.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I think the most impressive part of the quest cape is beating ONE SMALL FAVOUR.

Probably the most annoying thing in all of rs. One of the most frustrating days of my life. I almost quit on my goal of completing all of the quests because of this little bugger.

ARGH! Was not worth it!!

And the end....after that longggg quest where you seriously WALK around the world of rs gathering random stuff, you talk to rantz, the final favour, and he helps you out....and then you realize...oh crud i have to walk all the way back around the world AGAIN!....until you get to last guy in twai bwo village and all he says "thanks" and walks away....and you're like "!!!" and then he's like "you took so long i could have just done it myself!"

quest complete.

wooooooooow

Pfft, Quest Cape takes no skill... Cooking, come on, that's amazingly difficult. You never know when the lobster might run away and hide in a dungeon with horrid traps and a complex story behind it, challenging your puzzle solving skills to the max, not to mention ALL the boss monsters, oh the boss monsters! Oh, and you could burn your hand!

If you ask me, the Quest Cape should be one of the most respected capes. It takes much less time than most other skill capes, but if you don't use guides, it actually takes THINKING, not just grinding for hours and hours. Of course, since most people can't be bothered to think, they just use guides, never even bothering to read the story, or do anything for themself. I suppose either people think "Oh it doesn't take a lot of time, so it's 'teh noob cape'", or "Ugh, just another person who follows guides and don't think for themself".

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Of course... now you need multiple skill levels to do this quest and high agility for Mourner 2. Overall, quest capes could now be consider the same as a SkillCape.

~Bomb

lol high agility i did it at 56 with ease

never failed bars and cant see why people thought it was a hard quest did in around an hour (with guide though)

mep2.jpg

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

~Bomb

never failed bars and cant see why people thought it was a hard quest did in around an hour (with guide though)

mep2.jpg

Lucker :evil: , I had 56 agi and just the bars part alone took me a hour #-o Took me 25 mins to get past them the first time, only to realise i forgot somehting #-o Took me another 20 mins to do it a second time, and later on another 15 mins to do it again..

~Bomb

mep2.jpg

Lucker :evil: , I had 56 agi and just the bars part alone took me a hour #-o Took me 25 mins to get past them the first time, only to realise i forgot somehting #-o Took me another 20 mins to do it a second time, and later on another 15 mins to do it again..

:o what was so hard about them

i didnt fail both times :D

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

If quest cape gave the same stats as trimmed capes, I think everyone who had one would wear it. It shows you're up to date in the game, you know the history behind the game, and that you're playing.

An unfortunate side effect of macroers is that the simple click/go skills like fishing/woodcutting/mining are not trusted as much.

The mining cape may be the most tedious cape in the game to acquire, but it could also be the easiest; unfortunately it's hard to give someone you don't know the benefit of the doubt.

When someone wears the Quest Cape, there is no doubt they earned it.

stormveritas.png