Tormented Wraiths - Nine+40

I did over 62,000 controlled clicks for 99 prayer. As for farming can't be bough? lol...

Farming is very easy. You can plant tree+fruit seed and come back and if you want it to go faster you can do herbs,alloments, bushes and other plants.

As for Slayer, it takes time but to be honest it's no point in "99 slayer" if you have 90. The black cape isn't that great.

Jesus, that's a lot of clicks. I can see how that would be extremely difficult to do. You must be really proud of yourself to have clicked a mouse so many times! :)

You're absolutely right. Farming is way too easy. You just buy a lot of seeds, do a run every few hours maybe, and wait... six... months...

That's OK if you don't see the point in having 99 Slayer, but that doesn't make it any less difficult. Much more difficult, in fact, than killing 900~ Wraiths.

Your comparing my Tormented wraith kill achievement with 99 skill and cape achievements? That's not fair.

If it is, then here's what i can do to make 99 farm+slayer+rc not "great".

Simply compare them to getting 99 in all skills...

You understand my point? You can't go on comparing my achievement to a other one that's completely different.

Sure you can compare it to a monster that is as hard as one i have killed, but comparing it to 99 slayer, farm or rc don't make sense.

As TIF item database comparison says:

There is no point comparing stats of a boot to a shields...

This is what you are doing: Comparing my monster kill achievement with a level achievement. I don't know about you, but i don't compare achievements like that.

I'm just giving you an example. You know what would work for me? If you could go and post a video of yourself soloing all three Dagannoth Kings. I'd like that. I'm rating you low because I'm a big fan of combat, and I feel that what you did was just too easy to warrant my interest.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok. But you if and when you rate something you don't find appealing you should try to rate it for the achievement it is and not for what it is not.

But i agree, Tormented wraiths is not hard. But i disagree with it the 972 kills being easy, so don't see why you couldn't find that achievement appealing enough.

But if you don't then you shouldn't rate something and compare it with something else, just rate it for what it is as i said.

I love combat too, i don't find Tormented much appealing (When i did kills it was all a determination goal) but still 972 kill is appealing and nice specially with logs documented.

But i am not saying your rate is bad to me, just saying that you should not compare my achievement with other achievements as that won't work well.

But a question, why do you think 972 kills of Tormented wraith is easy?

That's ok. But you if and when you rate something you don't find appealing you should try to rate it for the achievement it is and not for what it is not.

But i agree, Tormented wraiths is not hard. But i disagree with it the 972 kills being easy, so don't see why you couldn't find that achievement appealing enough.

But if you don't then you shouldn't rate something and compare it with something else, just rate it for what it is as i said.

I love combat too, i don't find Tormented much appealing (When i did kills it was all a determination goal) but still 972 kill is appealing and nice specially with logs documented.

But i am not saying your rate is bad to me, just saying that you should not compare my achievement with other achievements as that won't work well.

Then for the record, I'm not comparing your achievement to anything. I just don't think it's difficult.

dgs5.jpg

So you have killed as many or more then? :shock:

Oh of course not, but being an avid Slayer, I've killed my fair share of monsters. I know what it's like to click, wait, click on a potion, wait some more, heal here and there, click some more, repeat.

I know that the Tormented Wraith is only a nuisance because you're forced to wear weak armor. Otherwise, it's no different from any other monster (other than dropping a very expensive item.) I don't need to have fought it to know that it's not a big deal. Likewise, I don't need to have fought Zilyana to know that she's a challenge to solo.

and furthermore, I really wouldn't waste my time killing more than a few Wraiths, let alone 1k+.

dgs5.jpg

OK, let me compare the monster to some slayer ones. I am trying and it ain't 100% accurate comparison:

- Abyssal demons

- Skeletal wyverns

These two seemed proper. They aren't hard at all but the time spent to kill them is not much more or less than Tormented Wraith.

Also i "Camped", so it's not exactly fun thing...

So this is it: my 972 kills is same as 972 skeletal wyvern or abyssal demon kills.

The slayer monsters have both high defense. Tormented don't have high defense but with a black scimitar it's not exactly good and accurate damages.

So, can you honestly camp at Skeletal wyverns and kill 972 of them without pausing? (And also take drop logs)

OK, let me compare the monster to some slayer ones. I am trying and it ain't 100% accurate comparison:

- Abyssal demons

- Skeletal wyverns

These two seemed proper. They aren't hard at all but the time spent to kill them is not much more or less than Tormented Wraith.

Also i "Camped", so it's not exactly fun thing...

So this is it: my 972 kills is same as 972 skeletal wyvern or abyssal demon kills.

The slayer monsters have both high defense. Tormented don't have high defense but with a black scimitar it's not exactly good and accurate damages.

So, can you honestly camp at Skeletal wyverns and kill 972 of them without pausing? (And also take drop logs)

I would have to rate Wyverns as more difficult than Wraiths. You can protect against the Wraiths attacks. You can't do that with a Wyvern.

And, again, I would not want to camp a monster that would net me minimal profit and experience.

dgs5.jpg

Well prayer potions and food is basically shame thing because they both are there to keep you alive.

As for wraiths there is only 1 of them, where at Skeletal there is many around to kill.

So when i kill a Tormented wraith, i will have to wait (even at big worlds) for next to appear and that makes me loose prayer points. So prayer points, has same purpose as food. Now Skeletals you don't have to wait.

As for skeletal, i am sure with a bunyip/unicorn+good inventory and equipment you can kill wywverns easily. (You can't use attack familiars at wraith to speed up).

But i will get to the point now, if what i did was easy you would have done it. But it's not easy, because you said it yourself:

camp a monster that would net me minimal profit and experience.

Experience: You get more the better weapon you have, and i used black scimitar so that give bad experience. On top of it you can measure the hardness of a monster based on experience you get, and you said it yourself that tormented wraith is minimal experience.

Profit: It takes over 600+kills to have a chance of elxir (8.7m item), and that's not easy.

Now abyssal demons are not exactly hard to deal with for cash+experience. Their whip drop rate is 1/300 or somewhere close it...

But what if it was 1/1000? Then it would be "Hard".

So from where i stand what i did is not easy, so if you say it is then your wrong. Because it don't give great experience, neither does it give great profit fast.

But if it was easy, you would have been there and earn plenty cash and also exp..

If it was easy.. you would have camped for a elixir drop.

But it's not, and that's the reason you don't waste your time on "Minimal experience and profit".

Well prayer potions and food is basically shame thing because they both are there to keep you alive.

As for wraiths there is only 1 of them, where at Skeletal there is many around to kill.

So when i kill a Tormented wraith, i will have to wait (even at big worlds) for next to appear and that makes me loose prayer points. So prayer points, has same purpose as food. Now Skeletals you don't have to wait.

As for skeletal, i am sure with a bunyip/unicorn+good inventory and equipment you can kill wywverns easily. (You can't use attack familiars at wraith to speed up).

But i will get to the point now, if what i did was easy you would have done it. But it's not easy, because you said it yourself:

camp a monster that would net me minimal profit and experience.

Experience: You get more the better weapon you have, and i used black scimitar so that give bad experience. On top of it you can measure the hardness of a monster based on experience you get, and you said it yourself that tormented wraith is minimal experience.

Profit: It takes over 600+kills to have a chance of elxir (8.7m item), and that's not easy.

Now abyssal demons are not exactly hard to deal with for cash+experience. Their whip drop rate is 1/300 or somewhere close it...

But what if it was 1/1000? Then it would be "Hard".

So from where i stand what i did is not easy, so if you say it is then your wrong. Because it don't give great experience, neither does it give great profit fast.

But if it was easy, you would have been there and earn plenty cash and also exp..

If it was easy.. you would have camped for a elixir drop.

But it's not, and that's the reason you don't waste your time on "Minimal experience and profit".

picardfacepalmbl4.jpg

dgs5.jpg

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAH. This thread has made me laugh, in the darkest of my times, THANK YOU.

Other than that, good job hemen, I cant really say more than that. I dont like numbers. ::'

I did over 62,000 controlled clicks for 99 prayer. As for farming can't be bough? lol...

Toast647 has been a participant since 2008-01-26 (11 months ago), and in that time has typed 8,563,960 keys, clicked 5,048,938 times and moved his or her mouse for 227.8 miles.

That means nothing. I'm really surprised this thread is still going. You ARE rate demanding and 1k kills is honestly not hard.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Toast647 has been a participant since 2008-01-26 (11 months ago), and in that time has typed 8,563,960 keys, clicked 5,048,938 times and moved his or her mouse for 227.8 miles.

That means nothing. I'm really surprised this thread is still going. You ARE rate demanding and 1k kills is honestly not hard.

1K is not hard? Then go and kill 1K since it's easy and report back...

It's not "I don't wanna waste my time", it's this:

You ARE rate demanding and 1k kills is honestly not hard.

Now if you can't do then it's not easy.

As for those mouse statistic, is that for prayer or farming?

Oh and i got 80-99 with 62K+ Clicks...so i don't know what those statistics are supposed to tell me other than: Farming or Prayer.

1227669149050dc9.gif

No. This ends right now.

SirHemen - People are free to rate what they want. As you should have realized about three pages ago, badgering people for higher ratings is not a way to get them. People have given their reasons for rating 'only' 7/10, and there comes a point where you should just accept that.

Everybody else, especially craven_range - Those nifty little []'s around certain words in your posts mean that they're not acceptable on TIF and also mean that you're probably taking this argument too far to the point where it's endangering the health of your Tip.It Forums account. I'm fairly sure you're all capable of getting your point across without resorting to swearing and name calling.

To nobody in specific - As much fun as it is to egg each other on in these kinds of arguments, cleaning up the big stink afterwards isn't nearly as entertaining for us moderators. If a thread is getting a little bit toasty, it would be best for all involved to just report whatever posts are sending off sparks and back away quietly to let a professional handle them. This thread is a good example of what happens if you don't: The mods didn't arrive in time and all the flames going back and forth have reduced it to a charred, withered husk of its former self that has to be put out of its misery with a swift lock.

-Necromagus, Tip.It mod.