Dagon'hai robes ... What drops them FOUND ! (page 4)

spatior

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a quest item. Each player needs them, and they can only be obtained once (the armour is nneded twice and obtained twice). If you frop them, then you can never get another pair. Jagex did this on purpose.

it seems fair they are dropped only once during the quest,

if there was a sequel, and they were needed again, maybe the same process? another drop per quest, no more after :?:

i doubt jagex would make it different, what if you hacked and lose them, or go f2p and sell for bank space :?

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

RS Official Forums, Quick Find 20-21-481-57961194

^ That should help resolve some questions. :)

EDIT: Oy at the censor LOL.

:lol: Wow that's a slap in the face to a few people, but full of hilarity all around. Is there some rule against quoting rsof? If not...

Hi Questers!

A few people have been discussing an "issue" with the Elite Black Armour from our new Grandmaster Quest.

Mod Tytn asked me to post up a message from him about this, which I have included below.

Before I do that however, I would like to remind everybody that your constructive feedback is very much appreciated. We are always aiming to improve the gaming experience of RuneScape for our players.

Here is the message from the "Tytn" himself:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Id like to address the issue of the Elite Black Knight Armour within the quest, which many players are calling an error.

This was a design decision I made, and which was agreed to by a number of my colleagues. This particular challenge was slightly more subtle and it did, unlike some challenges, have a consequence.

It's unfortunate to hear that some players feel disappointed with this part of the quest, however I would like to explain my reasoning behind it. If a player decides to drop those items in preference to others at that time, that is a decision they may have made in haste and without properly investigating all of the surroundings. Players are tasked with the challenge of properly investigating all the surroundings and hopefully rescuing a certain NPC from the area, but it was up to them how they did it.

Some of you may feel that the consequence of your actions is too harsh, again, it's unfortunate if you feel this way. This quest not only challenges players' ability to solve puzzles and defeat monsters, but also challenges the way they approach quests. The Grandmaster Quest is different to all others in RuneScape and consequences play a part of that change.

I very much hope you can see my point, even if you dont agree with it, but most of all I hope that youll bravely persevere with the quest and see it through to completion, even if that costs you some time or some in-game resources.

As always, thanks for your feedback.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that helps shed some light on the situation.

~ MMH ~

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield + DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh + Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core + Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 + Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 + Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 + Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 + Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 + Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 + Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 + Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 + Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 + Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 + Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 + Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 + Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 + Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15+ Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 + Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 + Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 + Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 + Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

That's referring to elite black armour, not dagon'hai :lol: (no specific reference to dagon'ahi, at least)

Dagon'hai looks so good that it's sad to know that I'll have to go through so much trouble to get a second set. I'm leaving an offer for a set or two after this - this is by far the most fun armour to skill in I've used. :P It's probably been confirmed by a J mod that you can't get it back, but maybe if you lose the set you can buy a set from surok in the fally castle cell? killing dark mages is iffy - they aren't really wearing the robes (where elite black knights wear their armour).

I don't think it would be too harmful to have surok sell back the robes - anyone who's completed this quest should be past using mystic armour anyway, so the market would take minimal, if no, harm.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

That's referring to elite black armour, not dagon'hai :lol: (no specific reference to dagon'ahi, at least)

Dagon'hai looks so good that it's sad to know that I'll have to go through so much trouble to get a second set. I'm leaving an offer for a set or two after this - this is by far the most fun armour to skill in I've used. :P It's probably been confirmed by a J mod that you can't get it back, but maybe if you lose the set you can buy a set from surok in the fally castle cell? killing dark mages is iffy - they aren't really wearing the robes (where elite black knights wear their armour).

I don't think it would be too harmful to have surok sell back the robes - anyone who's completed this quest should be past using mystic armour anyway, so the market would take minimal, if no, harm.

If you were a leader for an evil organisation and suddenly got teleported into captivity.

Would you sell a set of your robes so that the person that captured you could walk around and pretend to be you?

I dont think soo.... :lol:

15-16-653-57967040

According to that thread, Mod Emilee states that the Black Knight Elite drop their armor sets again during the quest. Is this true?

If that is true, then it's likely that one of the other monsters drops the robes. My guess is that Jagex's policy towards the armor and robes is uniform. So if someone has confirmed Black Knight Elites drop more elite black armor, then one of the monsters probably drop Dagon'hai.

Almost a full week later, and there are no confirmed drops of any of the armor post-quest? Seems to me, just from that, that it's not possible. You woul think SOMEONE would have gotten some and it would have found its way here.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Almost a full week later, and there are no confirmed drops of any of the armor post-quest? Seems to me, just from that, that it's not possible. You woul think SOMEONE would have gotten some and it would have found its way here.

A friend of mine has gotten elite legs from the elite black knights after the quest, so it's not impossible.

A friend of mine has gotten elite legs from the elite black knights after the quest, so it's not impossible.

My friend told me a Death Star was nearby. I totally believed him too. No pic, No Proof as they say around here. To help clear things up a little, you get one set of Elite Black Armor when you kill 3 of the guards. You get ANOTHER set inside Dark Squall's chambers. BUT you give that extra set to the prisoner so you can both escape unharmed. I would assume that if you didn't want to complete the quest (don't ask me why), you get out of there with 2 Full Elite Black Armor Sets.

No clue on the Robes yet. Once you take it from the locker in Dark Squall's chamber it doesn't come back.

Actually, Jagex confirmed that Elite Blacks drop the armor, however it is pretty rare.

As for Dagon, I don't think anything does.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

:lol: Wow that's a slap in the face to a few people, but full of hilarity all around. Is there some rule against quoting rsof? If not...

Hi Questers!

A few people have been discussing an "issue" with the Elite Black Armour from our new Grandmaster Quest.

Mod Tytn asked me to post up a message from him about this, which I have included below.

Before I do that however, I would like to remind everybody that your constructive feedback is very much appreciated. We are always aiming to improve the gaming experience of RuneScape for our players.

Id like to address the issue of the Elite Black Knight Armour within the quest, which many players are calling an error.

This was a design decision I made, and which was agreed to by a number of my colleagues. This particular challenge was slightly more subtle and it did, unlike some challenges, have a consequence.

It's unfortunate to hear that some players feel disappointed with this part of the quest, however I would like to explain my reasoning behind it. If a player decides to drop those items in preference to others at that time, that is a decision they may have made in haste and without properly investigating all of the surroundings. Players are tasked with the challenge of properly investigating all the surroundings and hopefully rescuing a certain NPC from the area, but it was up to them how they did it.

Some of you may feel that the consequence of your actions is too harsh, again, it's unfortunate if you feel this way. This quest not only challenges players' ability to solve puzzles and defeat monsters, but also challenges the way they approach quests. The Grandmaster Quest is different to all others in RuneScape and consequences play a part of that change.

I very much hope you can see my point, even if you dont agree with it, but most of all I hope that youll bravely persevere with the quest and see it through to completion, even if that costs you some time or some in-game resources.

~ MMH ~

I thought this confirmed that you only get one set...and that be it. Besides buying it for an insane amount.

[hide=long quote]

Hi Questers!

~ MMH ~

I thought this confirmed that you only get one set...and that be it. Besides buying it for an insane amount.

[/hide]

And if you bothered to look 2 paragraphs down, under the same exact section #-o

In regards to how to obtain another set, you can either buy it from another player or via the Grand Exchange. Alternatively, you can continue to kill the Knights. However, please be warned, it will be an arduous task.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

There seems to be some confusion about the RSOF threads, so let me clarify quickly. There are currently TWO threads that quote Mod T-something. One is under quests, by Mod Mark. The other is under Recent Updates, titled FAQ or something like that.

They both have the same quote, by Mod-T-whatever, that implies that you can only get the armor once. HOWEVER, in the thread under recent updates, about 2 paragraphs under that quote, the poster (who is also a J-Mod, Mod Emilee if I'm not mistaken), says that Black Knight Elites drop more of the armor.

Both QF codes have been posted in this thread. I'll go find them and edit them into this post in a second.

[hide=Quick Find 20-21-481-57961194]Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

27-Nov-2008 20:00:25

Last edited on 27-Nov-2008 20:05:51 by Mod Mark H

Hi Questers!

~ MMH ~[/hide]

[hide=Quick find code]Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

28-Nov-2008 15:22:26

Last edited on 28-Nov-2008 16:09:49 by Mod Ash

"I dropped my Elite Black Armour, how do I get it back? Is this a glitch?"

This is not a glitch, please see below for what the Developer (Mod Tytn) has said on this matter:

"Id like to address the issue of the Elite Black Knight Armour within the quest, which many players are calling an error.

As always, thanks for your feedback."

Hopefully, this has helped you to understand why this part of the quest was designed in that way.

In regards to how to obtain another set, you can either buy it from another player or via the Grand Exchange. Alternatively, you can continue to kill the Knights. However, please be warned, it will be an arduous task.[/hide]

[hide=Quick find code]Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

28-Nov-2008 15:22:26

Last edited on 28-Nov-2008 16:09:49 by Mod Ash

This Week's Update

This Week's Updates - FAQ

This sticky has been created in response to the most commonly asked questions regarding this week's updates.

Whilst we continue to gather feedback, we will add any other frequently asked questions regarding this update to this thread.

Be sure to come back regularly as the list of questions may expand!

"Why did you spend so much time on a quest aimed at a small minority of players?"

Do you remember when the Legends' Quest and, more recently, Recipe for Disaster were released? We believe that such milestone quests are crucial in order to motivate and inspire all RuneScape players.

As such, we are committed to constantly raising the bar and putting challenging objectives in place for all of our players.

"I dropped my Elite Black Armour, how do I get it back? Is this a glitch?"

This is not a glitch, please see below for what the Developer (Mod Tytn) has said on this matter:

"Id like to address the issue of the Elite Black Knight Armour within the quest, which many players are calling an error.

As always, thanks for your feedback."

Hopefully, this has helped you to understand why this part of the quest was designed in that way.

In regards to how to obtain another set, you can either buy it from another player or via the Grand Exchange. Alternatively, you can continue to kill the Knights. However, please be warned, it will be an arduous task.

"Can we use the Assist System when making the Dragon Platebody?"

As of 4pm GMT today, you can now use the Assist System to aid you in making the Dragon Platebody.

In addition, next week, we will be reducing the Smithing requirement to 92. You will also be able to boost your Smithing stat with a tasty spicy stew.

"How do I start the Thanksgiving event?"

You don't need to talk to an NPC to begin the event; you can get struck right in!

It's entirely up to you whether you choose to kill the turkeys or indulge in some turkey hide and seek.

"Are you considering adding any similar events?"

Yes, we are looking into celebrating many more events in RuneScape. As for what or when, you will have to wait and see!

"How do I get the new emote?"

When you receive your cornucopia during the event, you will also unlock the emote.

"Can we have more than one cornucopia at a time?"

No, you can only have one cornucopia; if you lose yours, you can get another by speaking to Diango in Draynor village.

"Like the cornucopia, will we be able to get the emote once the event is finished?"

The emote is unique to the Thanksgiving event. The event will be removed until Monday (December 1st - GMT), so we suggest that you go in search of the turkeys as soon as possible!

Have fun![/hide]

Well I guess that clears that all up. Thanks, man. Stupid RSOF. You do realize that they changed it for the complainers. Just like the adding the Assist for Dragonplates. Is it just me or does Jagex seem to crack under pressure a lot more than they used to? Its good that they are taking in player feedback a little more, but I personally think they just ruined the armor. More and more will come in as players flock to the area to get a hand up on the prices and then crash them just like everything else. To me, this was a giant step back. Oh and sorry Dragons_Might. Can't get the inside resources like the rest of you can.

Actually, I dont think they've totally given in.

As far as I know, the knights have dropped the armor since the day they were released. I don't believe Jagex has changed them.

The dragon plate assist, the assist could have been forgotton. Lumps were forgotton under the coinshare list and that had to be fixed, whose to say they originally didn't intend the d plate to be assistable, but just messed up? In addition they could have to stop quick cash over the first few days. The difference between 3 shards and a plate was 900k, so all smiths had to do was trade plates for parts + 900k and make millions easily an hour. That is less likely but Idk.

As for lowering the smith level, that's either giving in, but I'd say they have something else planned (no idea)

sgsagssighe6.jpg