Runescape Named One Of The Best Time Wasters

Warrior_B666

Personally I dont think a sport has any good "long term" benefits. The only time it benefits you is if you go pro. The only thing it will do is increase you're risk of a long term injury. A kid playing out football team at the last home game split leg nearly in half (the bone) as well as tore several vital ligaments. I have a feeling he wont be on the field again as well as having severe arthritis and other problems later in life due to an injury like that. I don't find that to be a good example is all.

Really the only valid argument you pose is school. Most of the people I know that play RS make very good grades and take AP courses.

In hellbellz's defence though.. What are you going to do with good grades if your health is ruined already at age 25, you begin to develop heart conditions due to overweight, etc..?

Sports has *every* long term benefit imaginable. You will feel better. It will improve your physical looks. Your general health improves. You can meet like-minded people. You can get involved in competitions and learn how to co-operate with other people. Physical prowess can also be beneficial in certain jobs.

I'll take a risk and say every normal person in the world you'll deal with, business and leisure time alike, will give you inherent respect if you are in a physically good shape, have manners (and good grades wont hurt either, you're right in that). That also includes the opposite gender.

A much smaller % will respect a person not working out, with rude manners, no social skills... Who plays a 10mb java game alone at home all day. It's never too late to change for the better. You can make personal improvements without compromising who you are.

I'm not wasting my time in high school with some [cabbage] [wagon] game, whether it be Call of Duty or Runescape.

Can't say I can speak from experience for roleplaying games, but when it comes to FPS games I know lots of people who are in a very good shape and have social lives that play CoD, CSS, so on... I play FPS games with many people I know in real life.

Everyone has their own forms of entertainment. One form is playing a game in the evening with your friends rather than passively staring at a TV screen on your couch. Even the older computer-illiterate people in my family frequently play online poker for fun with other friends.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I can speak from experience for roleplaying games, but when it comes to FPS games I know lots of people who are in a very good shape and have social lives that play CoD, CSS, so on... I play FPS games with many people I know in real life.

Everyone has their own forms of entertainment. One form is playing a game in the evening with your friends rather than passively staring at a TV screen on your couch. Even the older computer-illiterate people in my family frequently play online poker for fun with other friends.

I could put myself in that area, I'm in better shape since I join cross country and track and field. I think Runescape is only a thing to get away from real life for awhile, till you realized how much time you spent.

It is all about how you take 'time waster'. Personally i don't think there is such a thing as wasting time.Why coudn't i engoy life, the way i feel is best. Afterall life goes by fast, and why not engoy it? I personally woudnt see any reason to live, if you only live to get good grades, money and nothing else. I'm not saying those things aren't important, but why not engoy your life the way you see it right.

Actually in my case, Game's affect my social life positively. I like to play games with my friends, and we have fun playing them.

Who says runescape has no benefits? I never would have learned to type as fast as i do, or be so good at english (in my opinion). I have also learned to respect other people's opinions, and i have had alot of fun, and what's the harm with that?

In the end, it's your own personal opinion what you see as a waste of time, and that's just your own opinion.

I'm a very uptight person when it comes to wasting time. I have to be doing SOMETHING at every moment and that something has to give me some sort of result. If it's doing homework, tidying up, making graphics ect. I justify my time on Runescape as giving me... fun. That's what it's here for... a game... it's here to keep you entertained. Sure there are other ways of entertainment but this is just one form of it. If I didn't play Runescape I'd probably be on some other form of online game. And as with saying people could be out having a social life, I use it as a means of connecting with my friends. We all get together on Runescape or my friend will come over and we'll go on Runescape together. Sure it's a time waster, but like any game it's just a means of entertainment and entertainment isn't really a waste of time unless you want to be unhappy all your life. :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It wastes too much time unfortunately, and sadly some people don't realize that they're wasting the best years of their lives on this. :s

How so? If they weren't, they would just be watching T.V or eating or playing another video game.

Yeah you can say people who play RS "waste the best time of their life" while you go and play Call of Duty. :roll:

Same exact thing.

Oh right. It's funny, because I recall school work, football, time spent with friends, and time spent with my girlfriend have a lot more time value than some online game that won't matter.

You do realize I said that because I played Runescape during a lot of my middle school years. You know what Runescape did for me? Absolutely nothing. I didn't have fun playing it, I was just addicted and I couldn't help but get on everyday and do absolutely nothing. I'm not wasting my time in high school with some [cabbage] [wagon] game, whether it be Call of Duty or Runescape.

Oh and a [bleep] cookie? A damn cookie? Get some new damn material.

Well, that's simply your own failure.

It wastes too much time unfortunately, and sadly some people don't realize that they're wasting the best years of their lives on this. :s

How so? If they weren't, they would just be watching T.V or eating or playing another video game.

Yeah you can say people who play RS "waste the best time of their life" while you go and play Call of Duty. :roll:

Same exact thing.

No, quite far from the truth..not everyone goes off to COD4 or other games, some people play the mmorpg called life. Runescape is a major time waste, it is the entire reason for my 3.85s in freshman year.

I quit the game for 2 months, i have a solid 4.0 now in sophomore year and i'm taking hard classes. In my spare time, I hang out with friends and do my extra curriculars.

Playing runescape will inhibit your grades, maybe by .1%-.5% or full letter grades..

It will also interfere with your extra-curriculars, which are important for college (those who want to go to college =D>)

and runescape is one of the biggest cockblocks ever #-o .

1 cookie has been awarded to hellzbellz.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

No, quite far from the truth..not everyone goes off to COD4 or other games, some people play the mmorpg called life.

Subscription costs?

And what is the pvp like?

Online play is free for games on the Playstation 3. Life costs quite a bit more.

PvP is of a typical FPS on the PS3. Life gives you a more hands on control, although you don't get so many retries...

2dgucz6.png

It's not time wasting if you do something while you train. I usually just read books and write my university report while training RS for some skills like combat, wc, and fishing. If you manage your time properly, and know how to multi task efficiently, training RS is just like running another application in the background (I once see my cousin playing Starcraft, playing RS, chatting on messenger, and doing facebook, and playing solitare at the same time..., talk about overloading)

I am sure if people are not training in RS, they are probably playing other game consoles, or chatting on the phone or etc and etc.

a happy Runescaper

I work my 8 hours a day play with family till the kids go to bed and play runescape i my "me" time> If If I didn't play rs it would just be some other mind numbing entertainment, with less to show.

2859829413_bd84efec3f_m.jpg

2630251638_f763ecded8_m.jpg

Why can i not link to my runescape forums clan site? FTL

Wasting time *is* what I seek in RS. Just killing the time during which I wouldn't be able to do anything better.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!