I cant find any good MMOFPS

AceBeam

Combat Arms is great. THey have a tad hacking problem in the recruit area, but once you get into the higher level servers, its a great game with a mostly mature community.

Really? The hacking problem has really gone down, it's great how Nexon actually cares unlike some companies. Well, at least I think it has...I stopped back in September, and the hacking was ridiculous then. This past weekend, I started a new account, played on the nub servers, and didn't see a single hacker.

But yes, I'd say it's one of, if not the, best free FPS out there.

Only downside is no European version yet. I think. Completely forgot.

Edit: Oh, you live in Canada. Eh, fair warning to any Europeans interested.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat Arms is great. THey have a tad hacking problem in the recruit area, but once you get into the higher level servers, its a great game with a mostly mature community.

Really? The hacking problem has really gone down, it's great how Nexon actually cares unlike some companies. Well, at least I think it has...I stopped back in September, and the hacking was ridiculous then. This past weekend, I started a new account, played on the nub servers, and didn't see a single hacker.

Hint: S5 proxy to log in & make an acc even if you're not in the US :P Isn't illegal either, and wont lag if you find a good american proxy.

If you try logging in with your aussie, european, asian or south american IP... It will just give you an error.

I'm not much into this game, tried it on a friend's recommendation and leveled to lv4 with some 1.9 ratio. It has a much more reliable combat system & less lag than comparable MMOFPS games like Warrock.

MMOFPS != FPS. MMOFPS = Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter, games like Huxey (unreleased). FPS = First Person Shooters, games like CS, Warrock, Combat Arms, etc.

On topic, free and good don't come together usually. The best free multiplayer FPS's about at the moment are Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory and Combat Arms. War Rock lags to hell. Honestly though.. Just download Steam and buy CS or CS:S, they're like $10 dollars, or buy TF2 if your PC can run it.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

hahahahaha oh my lungs lol this guy makes me laugh that he doesn't complete his statements and actually say what's better please make it stop lol

Something better? How about anything? Thanks for trying, though. FULL STOP.

Counter Strike: Source and Counter-Strike 1.6 are the 2 most played FPS's in the world on PC I belive. Obviously doing something right. (And yes, I do mean respectively.)

Counter Strike: Source and Counter-Strike 1.6 are the 2 most played FPS's in the world on PC I belive. Obviously doing something right. (And yes, I do mean respectively.)

Syphilis is the most common STD in the world. Its obviously doing something right. Popular =! Good.

knkcopy.jpg

Syphilis is the most common STD in the world. Its obviously doing something right. Popular =! Good.

:wall:

That's like comparing an airplane with a trilobyte, it makes no sense..

Headshotcatcher.png

Annyone with assault cube here?

So the singleplayer works but multiplayer doesn't pleas help ?

When i try to connect it says failed

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

You're comparing a STD with a game? A popular game must be good if a large number of people are liking it. Games = positive. STD's = negative. A popular negative (which is an STD in this case) doesn't make it good, it makes it bad. Something that's positive (in this case a game, could be anything, a car, stereo, pc, song, whatever) must mean it's good if a large number of people like it.

Everyone has an opinion, but your logic is awful.

You're comparing a STD with a game? A popular game must be good if a large number of people are liking it. Games = positive. STD's = negative. A popular negative (which is an STD in this case) doesn't make it good, it makes it bad. Something that's positive (in this case a game, could be anything, a car, stereo, pc, song, whatever) must mean it's good if a large number of people like it.

Exactly, you'd better like compare it to Ben & Jerry's ice cream, it seems to be the most popular so it has much chance to be the best one, why else would everyone be so positive about it?

Headshotcatcher.png

Annyone with assault cube here?

So the singleplayer works but multiplayer doesn't pleas help ?

When i try to connect it says failed

i play assault cube :D

i dont know how to fix your problem though.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

Exactly, you'd better like compare it to Ben & Jerry's ice cream, it seems to be the most popular so it has much chance to be the best one, why else would everyone be so positive about it?

But he's right, CS is crap

vansing.png

No it's not. It's a good game, just not the best. May be even better than most fps.

:roll:

What about HIV?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Something that's positive (in this case a game, could be anything, a car, stereo, pc, song, whatever) must mean it's good if a large number of people like it.

Well technicaly it just means its popular and appeals to a large number of people (whom most won't have terribly good tastes). It's the same reasoning behind music as well, just because it's popular doesn't mean it is good. Of course, just because it is popular doesn't mean it is bad either.

I'm not going to leave any imput on Counter strike though.

I live in Canada? :shock:

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

The OP.

Or at least I think he does. If I read correctly.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

hahahahaha oh my lungs lol this guy makes me laugh that he doesn't complete his statements and actually say what's better please make it stop lol

Maybe you could justify your argument rather than making blind statements. What's so bad about it? I play quite frequently, and besides minor server problems here and there, I can't find anything wrong with it.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Maybe you could justify your argument rather than making blind statements. What's so bad about it? I play quite frequently, and besides minor server problems here and there, I can't find anything wrong with it.

He's a troll, there's no reasoning with him/her. All of his/her arguments are pretty stupid, and he doesn't, as you said, justify any of it. Best thing to do is ignore anything he posts.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

The OP.

Or at least I think he does. If I read correctly.

Yup. I'm Canadian.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

Yay for my small mental capacity :?

If you were saying that to the OP for being Canadian...-.-

Anyways, I'm a vivid player of Combat Arms, so let me give you a biased recommendation!

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=756841

That's the topic I made on CA some time ago. There's 3 more maps than whats on there, and there's actually quite a bit more since I posted it in September. You'll just have to compare the features in that topic to the ones that are on the site, or in the patch notes.

Things to remember:

- We get new content every two weeks (This Wednesday we get a new game mode apparently)

- We get a new map every two months

- We have seasonal or whatever XP increasing events

- They ban over 30k chammers/hackers each week

- Nexon the American publisher, has it's own developers, who are allowed to edit, change or create new content for us, thus problems do get fixed

- P2P items, or the black market, contains no items that will overpower those who do not pay for anything. Meaning you can't buy an awesome gun and own those who don't pay. It's a fair fight all the time.

- It's a live and active community

- http://www.wogl.org is an upcoming dominant league for clans

- There's tons to do:

--> Ranks, so many freaking ranks, I swear it'll take even the most hardcore players another year and a half to reach the top ranks

--> Guns; It is my goal to try at least every gun, as each one is different and it's just entertaining

--> Clans; Yea, it's intense with clan matches

--> There's 1.5 million players and increasing daily, it's very easy to get into the top 20k players right now. I'm in the top 10k, and it's still a rush to try and get higher in the ranks, competing with others daily!

--> There's 4 game modes, and might be 5 this Wednesday.

--> There's 8 maps or so I think? There's a map for everyone anyways, pure sniping, pure AR's...and then there's stuff that mixes everything and dang, trying to learn each map is a good two months anyways

BlackShot, CrossFire, & Soldier Front all suck. Don't ever touch them unless you want to refuel your addiction for CA.