I cant find any good MMOFPS

AceBeam

I like the unique ranking system in CA, admittedly I'll never get even near the top 50 as probably wont anybody else on tip.it (unless you happen to play for over 12 hours every day), but it's awesome that they have 'rank quotas' for the higher ranks like brigadier general.

And only 1 person across all servers can hold the rank "general of the army", 5 stars. I'm not sure if that guy gets special benefits or anything, but it will definitely feel like an achievement. I don't think anyone has it yet, it requires 8 million XP points, and whoever has the highest total at any given time gets to have it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only complain my friend could find for CA was that there weren't enough maps/modes. But that was a few months ago, Brushwood, Waverider and Sandhog have been added since.

The only complain I could find was that you have to keep rebuying your weapons - But hey, that fueled my addiction. And it sure makes it a lot harder. (Is it worth buying that scope or not? ;) )

If you want a FPS with a community, CA is probably the only free one you'll find. If you make a nice shot, you'll hear "nice shot" instead of "OMG HACKER NOOB." (Though that does happen sometimes, but that boosts my ego) Teamwork is pretty important (Other than in One Man Army, obviously), as a sniper I'm often countersniping and being a distraction while my teammates with assault rifles charge in. :P

I wish I had the time to actively play, only joined a clan near the end of summer (Right before I quit). My old account is in the top 60K or something. :lol: (I was in the top 100 with the MSG-90 though ::' )

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I like the unique ranking system in CA, admittedly I'll never get even near the top 50 as probably wont anybody else on tip.it (unless you happen to play for over 12 hours every day), but it's awesome that they have 'rank quotas' for the higher ranks like brigadier general.

The top 50 will be filled with the hardcore players, mixed with the hackers who manipulate exp points and such. Though it is a nice goal to look forward to, as the longer you play, the higher the chance you have of achieving such a rank.

I'm not sure if that guy gets special benefits or anything, but it will definitely feel like an achievement. I don't think anyone has it yet, it requires 8 million XP points, and whoever has the highest total at any given time gets to have it.

There's no special benefits or anything for them, except for maybe greater input on game issues and the basic stuff of being popular. The guy who is at #1 right now, joined on July 16th, that is 6 months. That is 6 months for 1.1 million experience. So 48 months I think to achieve the 8 mill mark. It's also noted that this guy has publicly stated that he plays anywhere from 15 to 20 hours per day. So I can expect it to be triple as long for casual players to get anywhere near there.

Though you must have the initial experience in order to have the rank. Meaning even if you are #1 you need the 8mill experience to have the General of The Army rank, or Major General.

Patch was delayed for tomorrow sadly. Though we got told it was big enough to keep us occupied till January, marketing or moral ploy who knows. Might be worth bumping the 4 month old topic. =P