jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

Also, since you seem to loath actually read the replies before responding, I suggest you read my replies at http://forum.tip.it/search.php?keywords=Re%3A+jagex+favors+melee&terms=all&author=compfreak847&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=-1&t=0&submit=Search

Go through all 160 of them, and you'll find that every single one of your arguments has been debunked in great detail by me. I don't see the point in repeating them simply because you are too lazy to read.

I'll repost when I'm done reading.

Ok, it should be well over an hour as it is several dozen pages of information. Don't come back in 20 minutes and say you read it but I didn't cover your points. Take my word for it, every word of your post was responded to in great depth.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you did make some very good points, gave a lot of great PvP advice, and explained how magic can wreck in PvP, but you have never once said how you get this 62 max.

All I can gather is this: You cast Ice, then Miasmic barrages back to back hitting in a time frame to short to eat in. Am I wrong?

Prism_Swords.png

Well you did make some very good points, gave a lot of great PvP advice, and explained how magic can wreck in PvP, but you have never once said how you get this 62 max.

All I can gather is this: You cast Ice, then Miasmic barrages back to back hitting in a time frame to short to eat in. Am I wrong?

clip0034.gif

Triple stack combo. Imagine this at 99 range/99 mage. (I think it is).

Can hit alot.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Close enough. Miasmic barrage then run -> ice barrage = they both hit at the same second. I know I said that earlier, though ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

What how come no one has ever said this to me before?

Is it some well kept PKing secret?

Sadly though, it could be nerfed but if not then :thumbsup:.

Oh, and Compfreak, not everyone on the internet is stubborn, and lies about things they say they will do. I read every post, lol.

Your right about magic being overpowered in PvP. Magic is king in PvP, but for us who have to blow our budget just to get to 99, I wish there were more economic spells to use in PvM since I don't PK. The price tag on Ancients makes sense but, why not have something non-PvPs can use? :pray:

The only places that I know of that you can make money with magic are metal dragons (I break even there, range works almost as good with more gain), and Barrows (fun minus being 2 hit by DH), and bLue/green dragons which are good money and exp.

My idea about the God spells was to make the modern spell book a viable choice over ancients. I still have a beef with a mage holding a bow or sword can do more damage then a mage carrying a staff. I see the god spells as a possible answer to that. :(

Prism_Swords.png

What how come no one has ever said this to me before?

Is it some well kept PKing secret?

It works on the exact same principle as rushing; which you mentioned in your first post.

The only places that I know of that you can make money with magic are metal dragons (I break even there, range works almost as good with more gain), and Barrows (fun minus being 2 hit by DH), and bLue/green dragons which are good money and exp.

Dagannoth Rex is the big one. But I agree that it should be cheaper; maybe spells should have a chance of not using runes, sort of like FOG robes but far more frequent. And burst/barrage rune requirements should be increased to compensate.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Fun Fact!

With the triple stack combo (if you don't know what I'm talking about look up the "magic underpowered think again" guide in the AoW) it is possible to hit the 62 with Miasmic Barrage/Ice Barrage and then add an additional 17 to that with obby rings (at 99 range i believe that's what their max is). I believe that puts the total to 79 damage...every 6 seconds...

Too bad I never have had the urge to go pking in my life. Oh well.

edit

I've also never had the bank value to get 99 mage and range...sigh looks like I fail at rs.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Fun Fact!

With the triple stack combo (if you don't know what I'm talking about look up the "magic underpowered think again" guide in the AoW) it is possible to hit the 62 with Miasmic Barrage/Ice Barrage and then add an additional 17 to that with obby rings (at 99 range i believe that's what their max is). I believe that puts the total to 79 damage...every 6 seconds...

edit

I've also never had the bank value to get 99 mage and range...sigh looks like I fail at rs.

Exept that the weapon switching between Zuriel's staff and your range weapon (Karil's Cross, magic short, obsidian ring) would make it not worth it, as the attack wouldn't stack.

As neat as that combination is, I must say, I enjoy normal magic damage stacks. Much easier to pull off, and they do great damage. I've nearly hit the Max 30-29 with ice barrage and blood. (hit 28-29)

The only difference between Melee max hits and Magic, is that, with melee, if factors in one attack. AGS, Dragon Claws, it all depends on a 1:Whatever your max is. Magic however, since it combines two attacks, has a 1:30 for ice barrage AND a 1:29 chance for blood barrage to max. This means that you have a 1:870 chance of hitting 59 damage, unlike meleers, which need a 1:59 chance of hitting that, provided the proper weaponry. Still, magic is great, if you know how to use it. The maxes just work differently.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Exept that the weapon switching between Zuriel's staff and your range weapon (Karil's Cross, magic short, obsidian ring) would make it not worth it, as the attack wouldn't stack.

Yes you can. Time it right, I weapon switch all the time.

As neat as that combination is, I must say, I enjoy normal magic damage stacks. Much easier to pull off, and they do great damage. I've nearly hit the Max 30-29 with ice barrage and blood. (hit 28-29)

Practice makes it easy.

The only difference between Melee max hits and Magic, is that, with melee, if factors in one attack. AGS, Dragon Claws, it all depends on a 1:Whatever your max is. Magic however, since it combines two attacks, has a 1:30 for ice barrage AND a 1:29 chance for blood barrage to max. This means that you have a 1:870 chance of hitting 59 damage, unlike meleers, which need a 1:59 chance of hitting that, provided the proper weaponry. Still, magic is great, if you know how to use it. The maxes just work differently.

It also means that hits will cluster towards the middle of the spectrum, and you'll very rarely hit two or your max. No difference overall, except that magic is far more accurate and can be used once every 6 seconds instead of 2.8 minutes.

DeviledEgg24.png

Fun Fact!

edit

Obby rings hit mid to upper 20s at 99 range.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Yes you can. Time it right, I weapon switch all the time.

Meh, I've never worked with Zuriel's staff or spells, which is why you are credited in the guide ;)

Practice makes it easy.

Without a doubt, it is very easy to pull off, I just find only magic more fun to use.

It also means that hits will cluster towards the middle of the spectrum, and you'll very rarely hit two or your max. No difference overall, except that magic is far more accurate and can be used once every 6 seconds instead of 2.8 minutes.

Magic is great. It's accuracy, ko potential, and speed make it amazing. I'm jsut saying that it is harder to hit that elusive 62 with Maismic and Ice, then it would be to hit 62 with a AGS.

Picture2-10.png

Magic is great. It's accuracy, ko potential, and speed make it amazing. I'm jsut saying that it is harder to hit that elusive 62 with Maismic and Ice, then it would be to hit 62 with a AGS.

And it's also going to much less frequently hit a two. Hits cluster around the center, your average damage is the same.

DeviledEgg24.png

And it's also going to much less frequently hit a two. Hits cluster around the center, your average damage is the same.

Agree *points at my earlier post* I fail with quotations.

Picture2-10.png

• 2 weeks later...