Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

jagex favors melee

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
People have comboed magic for a while, such as ice blitz, shadow barrage, etc. Its only not many people know about miasmic barrage because well, no one really uses miasmic barrage.
O.O

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Llamster

What how come no one has ever said this to me before?

Is it some well kept PKing secret?

It works on the exact same principle as rushing; which you mentioned in your first post.

The only places that I know of that you can make money with magic are metal dragons (I break even there, range works almost as good with more gain), and Barrows (fun minus being 2 hit by DH), and bLue/green dragons which are good money and exp.

Dagannoth Rex is the big one. But I agree that it should be cheaper; maybe spells should have a chance of not using runes, sort of like FOG robes but far more frequent. And burst/barrage rune requirements should be increased to compensate.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

JacTise69
[ Display Name History ]

JacTise69

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 514 posts
Fun Fact!

With the triple stack combo (if you don't know what I'm talking about look up the "magic underpowered think again" guide in the AoW) it is possible to hit the 62 with Miasmic Barrage/Ice Barrage and then add an additional 17 to that with obby rings (at 99 range i believe that's what their max is). I believe that puts the total to 79 damage...every 6 seconds...

Too bad I never have had the urge to go pking in my life. Oh well.

edit

I've also never had the bank value to get 99 mage and range...sigh looks like I fail at rs.
Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Posted Image

warrior5024
[ Display Name History ]

warrior5024

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 642 posts

Fun Fact!

With the triple stack combo (if you don't know what I'm talking about look up the "magic underpowered think again" guide in the AoW) it is possible to hit the 62 with Miasmic Barrage/Ice Barrage and then add an additional 17 to that with obby rings (at 99 range i believe that's what their max is). I believe that puts the total to 79 damage...every 6 seconds...

edit

I've also never had the bank value to get 99 mage and range...sigh looks like I fail at rs.

Exept that the weapon switching between Zuriel's staff and your range weapon (Karil's Cross, magic short, obsidian ring) would make it not worth it, as the attack wouldn't stack.

As neat as that combination is, I must say, I enjoy normal magic damage stacks. Much easier to pull off, and they do great damage. I've nearly hit the Max 30-29 with ice barrage and blood. (hit 28-29)

The only difference between Melee max hits and Magic, is that, with melee, if factors in one attack. AGS, Dragon Claws, it all depends on a 1:Whatever your max is. Magic however, since it combines two attacks, has a 1:30 for ice barrage AND a 1:29 chance for blood barrage to max. This means that you have a 1:870 chance of hitting 59 damage, unlike meleers, which need a 1:59 chance of hitting that, provided the proper weaponry. Still, magic is great, if you know how to use it. The maxes just work differently.
Posted Image
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

Exept that the weapon switching between Zuriel's staff and your range weapon (Karil's Cross, magic short, obsidian ring) would make it not worth it, as the attack wouldn't stack.

Yes you can. Time it right, I weapon switch all the time.

As neat as that combination is, I must say, I enjoy normal magic damage stacks. Much easier to pull off, and they do great damage. I've nearly hit the Max 30-29 with ice barrage and blood. (hit 28-29)

Practice makes it easy.

The only difference between Melee max hits and Magic, is that, with melee, if factors in one attack. AGS, Dragon Claws, it all depends on a 1:Whatever your max is. Magic however, since it combines two attacks, has a 1:30 for ice barrage AND a 1:29 chance for blood barrage to max. This means that you have a 1:870 chance of hitting 59 damage, unlike meleers, which need a 1:59 chance of hitting that, provided the proper weaponry. Still, magic is great, if you know how to use it. The maxes just work differently.

It also means that hits will cluster towards the middle of the spectrum, and you'll very rarely hit two or your max. No difference overall, except that magic is far more accurate and can be used once every 6 seconds instead of 2.8 minutes.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Llamster

Fun Fact!

edit

Obby rings hit mid to upper 20s at 99 range.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

warrior5024
[ Display Name History ]

warrior5024

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 642 posts

Yes you can. Time it right, I weapon switch all the time.

Meh, I've never worked with Zuriel's staff or spells, which is why you are credited in the guide ;)

Practice makes it easy.

Without a doubt, it is very easy to pull off, I just find only magic more fun to use.

It also means that hits will cluster towards the middle of the spectrum, and you'll very rarely hit two or your max. No difference overall, except that magic is far more accurate and can be used once every 6 seconds instead of 2.8 minutes.

Magic is great. It's accuracy, ko potential, and speed make it amazing. I'm jsut saying that it is harder to hit that elusive 62 with Maismic and Ice, then it would be to hit 62 with a AGS.
Posted Image

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

Magic is great. It's accuracy, ko potential, and speed make it amazing. I'm jsut saying that it is harder to hit that elusive 62 with Maismic and Ice, then it would be to hit 62 with a AGS.

And it's also going to much less frequently hit a two. Hits cluster around the center, your average damage is the same.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

warrior5024
[ Display Name History ]

warrior5024

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 642 posts

And it's also going to much less frequently hit a two. Hits cluster around the center, your average damage is the same.

Agree *points at my earlier post* I fail with quotations.
Posted Image

howbadisbad
[ Display Name History ]

howbadisbad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,318 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:teh stew
  • Clan:Mafia City
any passing mod can lock this thread
Posted Image

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users