jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

1: MAGIC COSTS A BUTTLOAD OF CASH

2: The best hit that I know of with magic can only be a 30 with a godspell and charge. Melee can hit hits exceeding 70 damage at once.

3: Same reason as reason 2 for ranged.

4: D'hide defense = MAGIC EPIC PHAIL!!!

5: Melee cost time. Magic costs cash + Mindless clicking

1. Yup, you pay for the advantage

2. Then you don't know much. Max with mage is 62 damage at once, with a very good chance of hitting, freezing an opponent for 20 seconds and HALVING his attack speed

4. D hide offers very little distance, I can easily hit on a ranger in d hide while being far enough back to avoid getting hit by his bow

5. Melee is 260 hours for 99s. Mage is 130 hours + 20m cash = 40 hours earning (avansies, anyone can do them) = 170 hours for 99, FAR less then melee.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On free to play, meleers make up the majority, but to me mage and range are more usefull with ranged attacks and more ways to kill. It won't stop me complaining about the cost however.

But for range, its pretty cheap.

Well, cheaper than melee if you lose.

Got that right. Btw, welcome to tip.it, I guess now is the time to say there's no getting out now :)

GG.gif

So what if Jagex favours one class? Doesn't mean it's powerless. Use tactics. Meleers just run and hit, so out-smart them. If you can't do that, then you will die. Smarts can win fights. Use your brain more than your spells and bolts, you'll do fine.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

So what if Jagex favours one class? Doesn't mean it's powerless. Use tactics. Meleers just run and hit, so out-smart them. If you can't do that, then you will die. Smarts can win fights. Use your brain more than your spells and bolts, you'll do fine.

the only "tactic" you could really use is to farcast and range or crap like that. -.-

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

the only "tactic" you could really use is to farcast and range or crap like that. -.-

And your point is...? I've already demonstrated and proven how a mager can easily take down both a ranger and meleer while taking virtually no damage, why are you still trying to argue against it?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

And your point is...? I've already demonstrated and proven how a mager can easily take down both a ranger and meleer while taking virtually no damage, why are you still trying to argue against it?

im not im stating there are no real "tactics" save farcasting.

its not like you can flank or dig trenches lol. :arrow:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

im not im stating there are no real "tactics" save farcasting.

its not like you can flank or dig trenches lol. :arrow:

Farcasting is an art in and of itself, and with it you can easily take down any other combat style. It requires 100s of hours to master, and I'm still learning new things about it every day. What's your point?

DeviledEgg24.png

Range overpowered, Mage underpowered, The max with mage is 30? Really fair when meleers/rangers can hit 50+ with ease, I mean is that fair? NO

*sigh*

Mage maxes 62, I've frequently hit 50+ with mage, I don't know why people can't wrap their minds around that. Max hits don't rule all, but mage does have a nice max - higher then any range hits besides dark bow spec.

DeviledEgg24.png

Range overpowered, Mage underpowered, The max with mage is 30? Really fair when meleers/rangers can hit 50+ with ease, I mean is that fair? NO

*sigh*

Mage maxes 62, I've frequently hit 50+ with mage, I don't know why people can't wrap their minds around that. Max hits don't rule all, but mage does have a nice max - higher then any range hits besides dark bow spec.

I've seen 62's with dragon bolts, and possibly 65s, so that's not true, plus must people can't afford zuriels staffs to hit 60s, I guess it counts but, very rarely you see 60s with magic.

S1r_eatalot.png

The only tactic?

Your ignorance astounds me.

Using only magic, I can destroy ANY Meleer with a godsword. If your opponent is frozen, their damage output is reduced to 0. So much for those 77 with AGS.

Also, using magic and NO range defense, I can kill a ranger, but it helps to have a secondary weapon with you.

Farcasting isn't crap.

And i can't go into great deal, I've been asked to keep information secret.

Trust me, melee might have Godswords, but rangers and Magicians are far from being harmless. Anything but.

Picture2-10.png

The only tactic?

Your ignorance astounds me.

Using only magic, I can destroy ANY Meleer with a godsword. If your opponent is frozen, their damage output is reduced to 0. So much for those 77 with AGS.

Also, using magic and NO range defense, I can kill a ranger, but it helps to have a secondary weapon with you.

Farcasting isn't crap.

And i can't go into great deal, I've been asked to keep information secret.

Trust me, melee might have Godswords, but rangers and Magicians are far from being harmless. Anything but.

I admit, a mager can farcast and own a meleer in bandos set and godsword anyday, but if it came to no moving the meleer would become superior to the mager, the only problem i think is the magicans armour, it's easy to rip through except ahrims which stands a 'chance'

S1r_eatalot.png

With no movement, magicians are at a disadvantage, unless it is multicombat. Blood Barrage combine with defensive items such as DFs and Verac helm can keep a magician's hitpoints up for very long amounts of time.

In 1 on 1 with no movement, of course a mage is at a disadvantage, but he can still pull through.

Picture2-10.png

With no movement, magicians are at a disadvantage, unless it is multicombat. Blood Barrage combine with defensive items such as DFs and Verac helm can keep a magician's hitpoints up for very long amounts of time.

In 1 on 1 with no movement, of course a mage is at a disadvantage, but he can still pull through.

1 on 1 mage can still EASILY take on a meleer with miasmic and blood barrages without movement, but how many places are you not allowed to move at :?:

DeviledEgg24.png

I don't factor in Miasic Spells just yet. I've never used them myself, plus, at the cost of the staff, I doubt I shall. Call me close minded if you want, but they aren't practical just yet. However, there are still PLENTY of ways to destroy your opponent using Magic smartly.

Picture2-10.png

I don't factor in Miasic Spells just yet. I've never used them myself, plus, at the cost of the staff, I doubt I shall. Call me close minded if you want, but they aren't practical just yet. However, there are still PLENTY of ways to destroy your opponent using Magic smartly.

3.5k per spell isn't much for halved attack speed. Well worth using and guarantees decimation.

DeviledEgg24.png

Considering I just mess around in Clan Wars, Pits, Castle Wars, and other mini-games, I don't really have any serious reason to purchase it.

By the way, is miasic barrage slow or instant?

1 on 1 mage can still EASILY take on a meleer with miasmic and blood barrages without movement, but how many places are you not allowed to move at :?:

Blood Barrage is very inaccurate, and not as good in 1 vs 1, but it can help.

Picture2-10.png

Considering I just mess around in Clan Wars, Pits, Castle Wars, and other mini-games, I don't really have any serious reason to purchase it.

It's very slow, can easily be combed with ice barrage. Blood barrage is pretty accurate and very helpful for 1 v 1 after you've used shadow to reduce meleer's attack by 30% and smoke to poison, if your not allowed to move 1 square over (duel arena weird rules I've never played by is the only place I could think of) for ice barrage. Blood blitz also works if your worried about accuracy.

DeviledEgg24.png

It's very slow, can easily be combed with ice barrage. Blood barrage is pretty accurate and very helpful for 1 v 1 after you've used shadow to reduce meleer's attack by 30% and smoke to poison, if your not allowed to move 1 square over (duel arena weird rules I've never played by is the only place I could think of) for ice barrage. Blood blitz also works if your worried about accuracy.

Good to know it's slow. Meh, if they drop, i'll look into this. Blood Barrage can help, but shadow is much more accurate, but it only lowers attack by 15%, not 35, as you said.

Picture2-10.png

Good to know it's slow. Meh, if they drop, i'll look into this. Blood Barrage can help, but shadow is much more accurate, but it only lowers attack by 15%, not 35, as you said.

Super attack = +20% attack

Shadow barrage = -15% attack, max of -15% attack from regular level

3 shadow barrages on a super setted player (as all PVP is in the areas you mentioned) = -35% attack

Do a little thinking before accusing someone of being wrong.

DeviledEgg24.png

Very good ::' I apologize.

Thanks. Too many people won't read between the lines. Too many more won't admit they were wrong.

DeviledEgg24.png

the thing about farcasting with anchients is your imune to freeze for 10 seconds after your released and thats is someone doesnt pj the mage while he is farcasting.

this is when you get pjed by the new overpowered d claws.

dclaws.jpg

arcane_stew.png

And Dark Bow isn't a PJ'ing weapon? :roll:

Dragon claws aren't anything to overly fear, they CAN nail amazing hits, but not as often as one would think. I've tanked so many hits in clan wars wearing Armadyl or Ahrim's and Verac's helm, the max hit on me I've seen was 0-12-0-13.

Use the triangle, that Melee/Mage hybrid has no range defense. Use that hard hitting Dark Bow and is the perfect PJ'ing weapon.

Picture2-10.png