Black Mesa Source

Bloodredsword

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Holy crap :shock: I'm almost as excited for this as I was for Left 4 Dead. It's going to be freaking sick.

For those of you to lazy to click a link...Original half life remake in source engine :D

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I've been following this for some time, but I figured like most mods it would never get done. With this trailer it now seems pretty certain it will, and I'll probably have to give this one a go when it is done. From the trailer it looks pretty much up to Valve themselve's standards.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

It looks great, I've been following it for a long time now. Of course I'm kind of sad that it may be the only experience to Half life 1 some may have, but it looks like a great game none the less. Just hope that people will still herald HL1 for what it was too :)

Trailers are pretty misleading though, which doesn't exclude Valve trailers..

Take a look at CounterStrike Online Valve had been developing for a while & released in October this year, seems like an all-new counterstrike with hugely improved graphics and a game engine:

OfT4A5fql_0

Reality? I made an account & patched the client from the very, very slow chinese server, and all it turns out to be is literally a CS 1.6 with an item shop and game lobbies like in MMOFPS games, and you can earn some extra money or "points" by winning matches.

Half-life is one of my favourite games, would gladly try an improved version, but never get your hopes too high based on game trailers.

NICE! I take it you have a steam ID?

You just need a source engine based game which means purchasing HL2, CS:S, DOD:S etc. or alternatively getting HL2:LC,HL2:DM for free with an ATI or Nvidia Video card.

eggzs.png

Never played HL1 but this may change that...Is it like $1 on steam or something crazy like that

Id love them to do this to other projects especially counter strike, not as a competitor but do what TF2 did and make something which is easy to learn but hard to master and there isnt that barrier in place.

And a new counter strike would be good coupled with that new engine there working on :^o

tifsdac6mc.gif

The part where you come over the cliff out on the mesa just made me say 'wow' Have to admit that really does look good, just hope not too much has changed with a new engine.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I've been following this for a while, though it does look amazing. No wonder why it's taking them so long.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

"In the event of an emergency, every man for himself. The disabled personnel can wait behind and pray for a miracle."

Haha, can't wait until this comes out.

I thought it already was, or am I thinking of a 3rd party version? :?

If not, when DOES this come out?

Can't wait for this :D

I completed HL, and Blue Shift etc. Been playing CSS alot recently aswell.

HL2 was ok, but the story was a bit weak, can't wait to play BMS \:D/

You should really play EP1 and EP2 if you haven't yet either. HL2's storyline can be a bit confusing, I found it is more interesting when you notice the things between HL1 and HL2 though (after multiple play throughs).

I thought it already was, or am I thinking of a 3rd party version? :?

Valve have released Half Life: Source, however apparently it wasn't that good.

If not, when DOES this come out?

Next year, according to the trailer.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Half-Life: Source uses Half-Life 2 kinda gfx, while Black Mesa Source will be using Ep 2 level of gfx.

Half-Life: Source actually used Half Life graphics. They for some wierd reason ported it to the Source engine with no updates other than to give it HL2 water. People got pissed and claimed it deserved the HL2 overhaul. Black Mesa was the answer to that, with now five years of effort being put in. They moved to Episode 2 recently due to high demand and were shocked at how many options were now open to them and practically began to remake the game.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley