The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

It WOULD make alot of sense that everything is put on one central plane. Why they did it, i'm not quite certain- but i don't think it would make editing the maps any easier. Would make coding of things like teleportation, local chat, etc a bit easier maybe?

~Net180

This post is backed up by 6 years of programming experience and three MMO's developed.

go to someplace like faldor or varrok and put on high detail, even though you're on the second floor, you see details from the first floor, when normally it is just black space

this would make it understandable that there is a second layer for runescape for second floors, and they simply show what is underneith on the first layer as details, like a sprite background

as for the -1 level, it was to show things underwater, and in the same respected is just as described above, only with the ground level and ocean instead of the second level and ground level.

the origional topic of this post, it could just be a simple glitch, but i think they put the dungeon on the second floor of the wilderness to save space, and with the fortress at level approximately 8, the 107 makes sense as well, making all the wildy levels on the second floor equal to 100 + the wildy level on ground floor.

This could be an interesting concept, a second level to the wild maybe, even a hint for expanding levels to the 255 maximum and fixing the wildy to reflect it.

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

There ARE multiple levels in RuneScape.

The reason for certain places being in what seems to be 107 wilderness is because, well it has to go somewhere. Why not in the empty blackness where you can put things places?

Uhm that's the most, most stupid thing I've heard this weekend ><.. And I"ve been browsing the tipit forums a lot these days!

Really runescape is just a 2 dimensional array! - 1 big large array. And all, yes all dungeons are put "north" of the wilderness. - You can check this at the fairy-"plane": clues work there..

Also how I knew this? - Well your character location is stored as an unsigned integer at your pc. So reading the correct address gives you that location, anybody with a little bit of computerscience (and then I don't mean that stupid code jamming, I mean actual knowing how a computer/JAVA inner workings are) can retrieve this information with ease... (I didn't, had to have some help from a friend to work this out).

But really: they can't really release that much of "north" anymore, I believe the distance between northern most wilderness to the fairy location is only as big as the wilderness itself. (Though they can stretch it, doing this might lead to "bugs" in things such as teleports, "walk areas" etc..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Maybe I'll change the thread title, this is more the discussion I was looking for. :D

I'll edit my post to say that dungeon beneath Corp is the Tower of Life, and FOG.

The fact that two dungeons completely separate from each other on the World Map are so close together brings up one of my theories, partially brought up here.

Entrances to any dungeon will teleport you to the single dungeon plane which is located north of the Wilderness. Ladders within dungeons will take you to sublevels, just like with buildings above ground. All dungeons in the dungeon plane have positions relative to their entrances in the World Map plane.

Another picture, showing the Corp Lair is ABOVE a part of the wilderness in Addition to the Dark Warrior's Castle.

15hk3y8.png

I'm also going to make a picture map showing all these pictures together.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

^Good luck with that. :)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

There ARE multiple levels in RuneScape.

The reason for certain places being in what seems to be 107 wilderness is because, well it has to go somewhere. Why not in the empty blackness where you can put things places?

Uhm that's the most, most stupid thing I've heard this weekend ><.. And I"ve been browsing the tipit forums a lot these days!

Really runescape is just a 2 dimensional array! - 1 big large array. And all, yes all dungeons are put "north" of the wilderness. - You can check this at the fairy-"plane": clues work there..

Also how I knew this? - Well your character location is stored as an unsigned integer at your pc. So reading the correct address gives you that location, anybody with a little bit of computerscience (and then I don't mean that stupid code jamming, I mean actual knowing how a computer/JAVA inner workings are) can retrieve this information with ease... (I didn't, had to have some help from a friend to work this out).

But really: they can't really release that much of "north" anymore, I believe the distance between northern most wilderness to the fairy location is only as big as the wilderness itself. (Though they can stretch it, doing this might lead to "bugs" in things such as teleports, "walk areas" etc..

You're partially right...it's really(from my understanding of the development diary for hd water effects) a 3 dimensional array so that say a space numbered 1, 1, 1 would be the ground floor by a building, so that the space 1, 1, 2, would the the space on the second floor, above the 1, 1, 1 space. If they had something there, they would have it referenced to the 1, 1, 2 space, such as a floor on a second story. however, if there is nothing there, or in the case of low detail blackness, then it would reference the 1, 1, 2, space to the 1, 1, 1 space(modified to adjust for the change in height), and give the design from there. Since this would be a standard method in high detail mode, this would explain why you can see the ground in the area while in the corp beast lair, as slightly above it.

To test this (since i'm not a member at the moment), turn visable levels to current, and take the pictures again. If it is a 3 dimensional array (as i suggest) then the area's you spotted will not be there. If the poster above me is correct, this area will still be shown.

Of course all we can do is speculate, since i doupt either one of us works at Jagex and knows exactally how they do it. For example, they might have several 3 dimensional arrays, to accurately portray all the areas as three dimensional. We can't really know for sure.

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

That's a good idea, I'll try taking more pics without visible levels. Although my depth perception may be off, but to me it seems as if Corp's Lair is 3 levels above the Wilderness Ground, and there are a couple of levels which would explain the location of FOG and The Tower of Life Dungeon.

wow I love those pictures :P. Good job on those finding.

I think Runescape is layed out on 1 plane. In which all the black spots in the minimaps are where the dungeons, portals, etc... are located at.

Godo luck on the other pictures :)

~Bomb

wow I love those pictures :P. Good job on those finding.

I think Runescape is layed out on 1 plane. In which all the black spots in the minimaps are where the dungeons, portals, etc... are located at.

Godo luck on the other pictures :)

~Bomb

Thank :) I have lots of free time -.-, and insane curiosity :(

Thing that bugs me about our one plane idea is the second and third floors of buildings, where you can see the floors below, which means probably that this only applies to dungeons/caves like you said.

If anyone has any cool pics of weird findings like these, please post them!

081203195833xm4.png

081203195530hu6.png

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wow 107 wilderness. :shock: Talk about free for all pking. Would be awesome in my opinion.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I think it's changed now, but when you did the Temple of Ikov quest in the past, there was a section of the quest in which you could see the KBD's lair.

It was there after the new lair was added so I know for a time there were 2 KBDs per world. Not sure if it's been fixed yet, I'd assume so but I haven't checked for a couple of years.

oldkbdlair1.jpg

oldkbdlair2.jpg

Wow, thanks for the finds, nice job everyone!

107 Wilderness Pking, LOL at the chaos XD.

An idea I have is to enter random caves and dungeons in a PvP world, and see if the level range changes for a split second.

If you look at the Clan Wars FFA safe arena, you can see Bounty Hunter in the side of it. I think this is just the way Jagex laid it out for simplicity in editing.

I'm also interested in the discussion of the layout of the game, if anyone else is. Why is it simplistic to put Clan Wars FFA next to the Elven village of Llyeta?

versm.png

Is that actually Lletya, or the gnome thingy version of it?

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

They're like that for a reason, Jagex have even said why before, their answer was something like this;

There are "map levels" in RuneScape, all cellars/basements, underground locations like the KBD lair, Taverley Dungeon are all on the same level so we can "save space" and add more content to the game without expanding the map further this means you may see other areas from the peaks of other areas, but it's nothing to be concerned about.

Funny how most of your things involve the FFA clan wars area

They are actually kinda funny some of them

PLus that Ice dungeon+KBD dungeon thing. I think i saw that when i first did Temple of Ikov. I was wondering why i never went into the area during the quest.