The time has (almost) come!

Cheefoo

Perhaps next year will unearth more fashions from these interesting folk? Only time will tell...

I'm surprised that, given this line, no one has mentioned archeology. And the, "Leave no stone unturned." line that was mentioned a bit ago.

Yes i think archeology skill has a great chance of being the next skill if u look at Varrock Museum and the 100 Kudos u will need to travel to the Dig Site Island (not released yet)

there is also a great thread about a archeology skill check it out

archsupportei2.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a video with a person explaining Sailing hints. I will list the most ways I remember:

1. The 1st Rs banner on the website since the HD Update shwed a Character on a sailboat. Now, there is one major hint here, while the other, still un-decided. The 1st clue - The personis on a "Sail" boat aka SAILING! The other thing is the character is wearing a skillcape. Even though it looks like a Defence Cape, many people thought it could be a Sailing Cape!

2. In the same video, the person accidently caught footage of dsomebody sailing on a boat. I have a feeling people will be liek Canoes, but, HE SAW IT! You can't see other people when they're using a Canoe! So, they [Jagex] were TESTING out Sailing!

nobody remember the advertisement saying 2 new skills because it had +2 which we have now.. i believe itll be like mining smithing 2 skills that work together.

also there was the music cape in jagex cache there was a thread about thats also a possiblity.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I know this may sound TOTALLY weird, but could music become a skill? When you try and play an unenchanted lyre you say "I don't know where to begin with this!" or something along those lines. I suppose in the future, there could be a music skill used to play it.

Music skill could be used for novelty, playing different instruments. It could be used for entertaining NPCs for money, holding concerts for your friends. The snake charm flute can be played with many different notes, so maybe we could have pianos to play? You could train the skill by playing ingame songs on your instruments!

It sounds like a pretty small skill, but Jagex could expand it in some crazy way. It's a possibility, but not a big one...

And as for sailing, I find it strange that they took out the canoe animation. When you go on a canoe, it just shows you moving on a map, not the close up thing anymore. I don't think it counts as proof in any way, but I find it odd.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Sailing would be a [cabbage] skill, OFFENCE. Anyone who would support the very IDEA of a sailing skill has less than half their brain partly intact.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Or, instead of a skill, they'll open up the Eastern Lands! I can't wait to see that! However, there's nothing wrong with making a new skill, is there? What's the downside of a new skill, besides the chance of re-rolling, and hoping they made a better update instead?

I think they'll just release a whole lot of content in the "East" instead of a new skill. Or maybe they would have a new skill unlocked there! NINJA SKILL ZOMG?! I don't think so... But if they release the East, it would bring updates to tons of skills, new weapons, new clothes, new items, maybe even a new skill, who knows?

I'm sure the East will come out in installments. It could theoretically have updates to many skills, as the Eastern civilizations were quite advanced Farmers, Crafters, Smiths (have you seen how darn complex a katana is???!!), they pioneered gunpowder (possible updates to Firemaking, Herblore - as close to chemistry as RS gets -, I am NOT saying guns will be released, gunpowder had many other uses), they were accomplished engineers (construction quest) and mystics (magic update anyone?), among many other things I can't think of right now.

And to the guy who posted above and made me have to click submit again #-o .... I agree.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Sailing would be a [cabbage] skill, OFFENCE. Anyone who would support the very IDEA of a sailing skill has less than half their brain partly intact.

I fully agree with this. Same goes to Archeology and Music.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Yeh, clearly the concept is much less usefull and sophisticated then say, firemaking or agility. I still havent heard a single reason why sailing = auto fail skill. The accessing of different new areas alone seems like a better concept then most of the slayer skill. Accessing different areas which can hold loads of different skill related things, new creatures and ways to make money > accessing a few creatures. Tie 'fun' parts into it, like customising your boat, hiring a crew, plundering settlements and skill-requiring things like sailing through dangerous waters and the skill promises alot more then 75% of the skills currently in rs, and then were only touching the surface of what sailing could give us (ofcourse jagex wouldnt give it all, but theres ideas enough out there).

Yeh, clearly the concept is much less usefull and sophisticated then say, firemaking or agility. I still havent heard a single reason why sailing = auto fail skill. The accessing of different new areas alone seems like a better concept then most of the slayer skill. Accessing different areas which can hold loads of different skill related things, new creatures and ways to make money > accessing a few creatures. Tie 'fun' parts into it, like customising your boat, hiring a crew, plundering settlements and skill-requiring things like sailing through dangerous waters and the skill promises alot more then 75% of the skills currently in rs, and then were only touching the surface of what sailing could give us (ofcourse jagex wouldnt give it all, but theres ideas enough out there).

Sailing opening up new areas would be horrible because they could just implement them through charter ships or the numerous other ferrys throught Runescape.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Sailing opening up new areas would be horrible because they could just implement them through charter ships or the numerous other ferrys throught Runescape.

Having to train a new skill just to kill a few new monsters would be horrible because they could just implement them anyways.

Same thing.

namnlskopia.jpg

Having to train a new skill just to kill a few new monsters would be horrible because they could just implement them anyways.

Same thing.

checkmate lol ...

Same thing.

Without slayer, everyone would be at bandits/armoured zombies when they want to train. Slayer was implemented to wean people off of that and make everyone have a better game expierience. Not to mention there weren't a lot of skills back then, now we have more than enough.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

with sailint they will wean people off the spots for training skills ... every skill has power training , and if someone wants to train it fast (as bandits and armored zombies (and etc) ) they always do it at the same spots over and over again .. so the sailing can make it less boring ...

with sailint they will wean people off the spots for training skills ... every skill has power training , and if someone wants to train it fast (as bandits and armored zombies (and etc) ) they always do it at the same spots over and over again .. so the sailing can make it less boring ...

I mean this in the most non-offensive way possible, but I didn't understand that. :-# Can you elaborate?

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I've no idea what - if any - new skill will be released next but I agree with previous posters when they say that much work is needed to improve existing skills. This should be top priority IMO, not rush-releasing another new skill to appease those calling for one.

Having said that I would like the opportunity to be the first to 99 in a new skill! It'll be the first time I'm in a position financially ingame and with enough time free IRL to have a good stab at it.

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

They usually come out with skills if it has a lot of hype around it (Construction) or if it is useful and complementary to other skills (Runecrafting). Based off those, my guess would be Sailing or Archeology of course.

I mean this in the most non-offensive way possible, but I didn't understand that. :-# Can you elaborate?

the same thing you said

slayer - new way to train combat ; kill monsters ; make it less grinding (didnt quite understand what you ment)

sailing - new lands - new way of training skills , new spots , not so grinding (in .. a way i cant think of)

I fully agree with this. Same goes to Archeology and Music.

Archeology and music sound like there's no real way to train it. I don't see what you'd really do with them. But the idea of that stuff would be nice. Sailing=tons of new areas; archeology=tons of new weapons, more history of runescape; music=the novelty of running around playing loud music when people are trying to fish.

The end product would be nice, but the skill itself... bleh... I don't mind if they do make a skill about either of those things, but I'd rather be able to do the stuff without the skill itself.

So, does anyone have any ideas on what the next skill will be? I'm almost certain that they're working on one, if not... they must be working on something big! What could that big thing be? Big enough to replace an entire new skill?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000