Upcoming update to Stealing Creation

Troacctid

As most of you probably noticed from the newspost, Stealing Creation is being revised to make the rewards more useful. One part of the announcement caught my attention in particular, and I've highlighted it here:

[hide=Image]SCupdate.png[/hide]

Double experience from all the rewards, including the weapons? Right now the combat equipment doesn't degrade over time the way the tools do. If they stay that way, we'd have a scimitar that DOUBLES our combat experience. What kind of rates could we get with that, do you think? Better than a whip? The stats are pretty crummy in comparison (only that of a rune scimitar) but the prospect of 8 xp per 1 point of damage is encouraging. Add some boosts, like a salve ammy (e), maybe a little piety, perhaps some void melee (if you don't need the full set for the bonus xp). It could get crazy.

And what of the staff? Double magic experience for casting combat spells? Will it work for noncombat spells? (Probably not.) What about for spells that aren't autocasted? That would make for some pretty insane rates with ice barrage. We'll see, eh?

Even the bow might be worth something.

There's definitely some major speculaton to be had here. Will the equipment degrade through use after the update? Will you need a full set to get bonus xp? Will your xp really be doubled? Will the new weaponry impact the best ways of training combat? I know I'm intrigued. How 'bout you guys? Discuss.

It's annyoing me atm because I want to train crafting, and some other skills that you can use the scared clay tools for, but I want to wait for the tools so I can get more exp for my money.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I'm going to wait for the release before I go crazy on getting the stuff lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I'm going to wait for the release before I go crazy on getting the stuff lol.

i the combat setx3 , 10x morphic tool and 200k points in game for lets say ~7 hours ... (average 80k per game - 98k personal record (going to beat it soon :D)

I bet the armor/weapons will degrade. Even though I hate degrading armor, I'd probably use it for the xp boost. I can't wait for this, it sounds very useful, especially as a reward of a fun minigame.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The update will be really good for ranged exp. The bow will have less accuracy, but identical damage to current bows. The reduced accuracy should not be a problem versus low defense monsters like fire giants, but you do get double exp rate! I'm really looking forward to that update.

phata_elise.png

I think on higher lvl (90+ atk/str) the scim is equal to whip , before that is better and after that the whip is a better option ... the scimy lacks at accuracy and the 0's will ... compensate the exp bonus.

but the range and mage would own :D

I think on higher lvl (90+ atk/str) the scim is equal to whip , before that is better and after that the whip is a better option ... the scimy lacks at accuracy and the 0's will ... compensate the exp bonus.

They said there would be "new" weapons right? They might make some for each 20-level such as;

1, 20, 40, 60, 80 Attack to wield?

They said there would be "new" weapons right? They might make some for each 20-level such as;

Probably not 80... 80 attack reqs means it's gotta be pretty awesome... better reqs than GS, and double EXP on top of it doesn't sound likely.

But double exp for the existing weapons sounds very interesting... I'll be eagerly awaiting this update! :mrgreen:

newsigac5.png

Probably not 80... 80 attack reqs means it's gotta be pretty awesome... better reqs than GS, and double EXP on top of it doesn't sound likely.

But double exp for the existing weapons sounds very interesting... I'll be eagerly awaiting this update! :mrgreen:

An 80 Attack scimitar would be like a Dragon 2hander I *think*.

wait.. so you need the full set for the double experience?

So it is true >.<?

~Bomb

I'm not sure, the way it reads to me is you get double per combat equipment, so maybe you'll get x8 the xp if you wear say; Helm, Plate, Legs, Scim... But surely that can't be right, Jagex need to "explain" more in their posts such as it should of said "for each piece of attacking combat equipment you use".

Also, if you're getting x2 xp when using the staff, this will make nature rune prices go sky-high, I for one am going to buy a hell of a lot of them today.

Personally I would be shocked if you didn't need the full set for the exp bonus, and if noncombat magic benefited from the exp bonus. It is combat equipment providing the boost, after all.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Oh ffs! I just used like 6 clay-hammers getting my Smithing to 85... Lol!

They said the tools will degrade faster. That's why I'm puzzled wether I should use mine ore not. Longer lasting tools, giving less xp, or shorter lasting tools giving more xp. It's also not known wether tools will be harder to get after the update.

If you need like 3 games worth of points to get on tool that only lasts 10 minutes, it's not worth it. Even if you can get 1 tool per game, and a tool lasts 10 minutes, I think it' still beter to use your tools now. (50 % more xp in most cases, and lasting about 60 mintues (for smithing), compared to 100 % more xp lasting 10 minutes).

It's also not known wether tools will be harder to get after the update.

Since they're not keeping the points gained equivalent to points received, it'd probably be safe to assume that they'll be harder to get. The added difficulty is the extra time.

hzvjpwS.gif

The combat weapons will degrade based on experience given.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the double experience... though I'm not looking forward to losing about 15 tools soon >.> I have like 25 tools banked and I'm trying to use them up before the update so I have 10 left, lol.

As for that scim possibly beating whip in experience, even if it does, the fact that you kill a lot less npcs means that you get a lot less loot. A lot less profit. My predictions say that for me it will be maybe the same experience per hour as a whip. For something like zombie monkeys, this might be good, but I doubt it.

I'm looking forward to the staff and bow exp boosts though... those are ones that really interest me.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

My prediction:

Tool only lasts 10 uses.

It will take on average more than one game to get a tool.

Nerf all the way! :wall:

Afterall, Jagex already met its quota of 1 meaningful update a year with the last quest.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

not it won't because their taking out the exp gained in game.

i'm hoping this will be a good update but it has a high chance that it'll just be nerfed to the ground and be another worthless mini-game.....*hopes that this isn't true* :pray:

I thought that they were just taking out COMBAT experience, and that skillers had been complaining previously because there was no non-combat skill experience in the game. If they switch those two, maybe it would work better?

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

if weps did give double xp then dont you think the cost 4 them would go up as well? instead of 64k points maybe youll neeed 100k points. and remeber they are changing the way you get points and how many.

Asterick_man.png

-If you've ever reported highwayman for killing you, put this in your signature.