Which brand should i trust the most for a quality desktop

imbackstinkers

Well, if you have a lot of money to spend, go with Alienware. They are simply the best, great customer service and quality parts, as well as being almost as good as custom made computers, if not better.

Just do yourself a favor, and don't get an HP. They are highly overrated, mine broke down in 7 months, no viruses or anything. The computer I am using is a ZT, and I got it at a fantastic price and it runs great. Good performance and no problems with it yet. Only problem is, it has Vista(then again, what doesn't?). With its low price though, you can just buy an XP package somewhere.

Overall though, I would wait to get a computer for a year or 2 when the next windows version comes out, but if you are strap for cash, buy something now that isn't too expensive, you will likely want one when the new windows OS comes out.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

Well, if you have a lot of money to spend, go with Alienware. They are simply the best, great customer service and quality parts, as well as being almost as good as custom made computers, if not better.
I've heard endless horror stories about Alienwares overheating dangerously, don't know if they're true but it certainly puts me off. Along with the price.

C2b6gs7.png

Once you build your own computer, you will never buy a pre-buiilt again. The computer I built lasted way longer then anyone I have ever bought. :ugeek:

Edit: The only good computer I eve bought was a Gateway. I can't remember the exact one, but it was good. It lasted 8 years as compared to the dell computer I am using right now which is 2 years old and it is getting ready to die. :cry:

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I have a Toshiba Laptop, as does my dad. Both of them work flawless, and I would recommend them. The home computer is a Compaq, and personally, it sucks. I'm not sure if it is Vista, but it's terrible to use. Problems since day one.

And bballer is right, building your own is the way to go :thumbup: Just make sure you know what you are doing first ;)

~Ouchy

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Just do yourself a favor, and don't get an HP. They are highly overrated, mine broke down in 7 months, no viruses or anything. The computer I am using is a ZT, and I got it at a fantastic price and it runs great. Good performance and no problems with it yet. Only problem is, it has Vista(then again, what doesn't?). With its low price though, you can just buy an XP package somewhere.

Overall though, I would wait to get a computer for a year or 2 when the next windows version comes out, but if you are strap for cash, buy something now that isn't too expensive, you will likely want one when the new windows OS comes out.

Oh no, you don't want an Alienware, with all the horror stories going around with them. I've whitnessed one as well. There are 2 students in my classes that have alienware laptops (we have our own laptop to bring to college), and one of them already had to have someone change his keyboard, since the keys were falling appart. That's only after a little less than 4 months of him having it.

I'm sorry for your loss on your Hp computer, but imo, it just was one of those that die short after buying (or you pushed it too far too often). Hp computers are generally computers that have a high quality and that don't break.

Honestly though, custom builds are the way to go. You could just simply pay a computer shop to build one for you, with the specs YOU want, and they'll try to find parts for you for cheap.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Honestly though, custom builds are the way to go. You could just simply pay a computer shop to build one for you, with the specs YOU want, and they'll try to find parts for you for cheap.

If your going to build you might as well just build it yourself.

Well, some people just don't trust themselves to do stuff like this, even though building a computer isn't hard at all.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well, some people just don't trust themselves to do stuff like this, even though building a computer isn't hard at all.

I suppose.

Well...prebuild PCs comes with parts and labor warranty, so anything goes wrong, you can just send it back, and they give u a new one. If you build your own, it's much more trouble. Plus Prebuild PC have no problem with the hardware issue, and you don't have to worry about anything that don't work right, since it's impossible in prebuild PC.

For the brand, i go with HP for sure. Dell sell for much more expensive price for the same spec. Plus Dell's costumer support is crap. I would never buy Dell in my life again. Hp's costumer support is the best i've seen so far. When i had a problem with dual boot issue, they actually gave me help that they are not responsible for, all of my 6 computers are HP, except for one Dell(the first one). and they work great

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

Well...prebuild PCs comes with parts and labor warranty, so anything goes wrong, you can just send it back, and they give u a new one. If you build your own, it's much more trouble. Plus Prebuild PC have no problem with the hardware issue, and you don't have to worry about anything that don't work right, since it's impossible in prebuild PC.

For the brand, i go with HP for sure. Dell sell for much more expensive price for the same spec. Plus Dell's costumer support is crap. I would never buy Dell in my life again. Hp's costumer support is the best i've seen so far. When i had a problem with dual boot issue, they actually gave me help that they are not responsible for, all of my 6 computers are HP, except for one Dell(the first one). and they work great

Dell will always be lower priced so long as it remains under HP (in share; Dell is 10.87, while HP is 34.32).

Dell

HP

Spec for spec, and the Dell has a larger HD and a monitor.

Though I agree about the CS.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Get Alienware 8-)

EDIT: Just saw what Dsavi said, perhaps not.

Get a Dell. My mother has had one for a couple of years now, and it's the best desktop I've used before I got this VAIO laptop. It's never broken down either :thumbup:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

• 1 month later...

I have a HP and I've been using it almost 10 years now(got it in 2000). Never had any problems with it, if anything goes wrong its usually my fault. :wall: :oops: :-$

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

I have a HP and I've been using it almost 10 years now(got it in 2000). Never had any problems with it, if anything goes wrong its usually my fault. :wall: :oops: :-$

++

My parents have an HP they bought in 2000, they have yet to have a problem, and I bought mine 2 and a half years ago and never had any problems at all that weren't my own fault.

I would recommend HP. I think this is the best brand for desktops.

Whatever choice you get, DO NOT get an Apple, since OSX SUCKS!!

That kind of fanboyism doesn't give you a good image on these boards.

Whatever choice you get, DO NOT get an Apple, since OSX SUCKS!!

That kind of fanboyism doesn't give you a good image on these boards.

My bad..... my bad....

I fixed it =)

Whatever choice you get, DO NOT get an Apple, which I dont recommend at all. The only thing good about them is the speed thing.

What are you talking about?

Apple has the best CS of any computer manufacturing business. They're expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for. And it's certainly not an outsourced employee located in India.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

What are you talking about?

Apple has the best CS of any computer manufacturing business. They're expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for. And it's certainly not an outsourced employee located in India.

Maybe he's talking about the actual hardware? And even then saying Apple has the best CS is subjective. Apple is not the only company that doesn't outsource their customer support.

Get a Compaq!!! [/sarcasm]

anyways, don't get a dell, I hate mine with a passion. It always ran slow and randomly about 1 year after I bought it, it all of a sudden startyed taking 30 minutes or so to load up after I turned it on. My HP is aweosme though :)