Total play time...

Cheefoo

i dont think it should be put up because everyone needs privacy and it will only spark ppl calling eachother nolifers.

If people want to say that there's already the highscores. Something like this would be private. Still, it could cause a slight dip in the amount of members, which is never good...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that you guys would find a high amount of hours depressing? As I previously mentioned, non gamers may spend the same amount of time on the tv, or some other hobby. What is the difference? :-k

Idealistically you could have better spent that time. Let's say that instead of playing for 3 hours a day for 4 years, you got yourself a job and worked 3 hours a day. That's about 4500 hours and if that was spent working a job at 8$ and hour, you could have made somewhere near 35 000$. That's a lot, but of course that would be thinking idealistically and most people wouldn't get a job instead of playing RS, but just thinking about what you could have done with that time is...

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

I'd say 6-8 hours a day on non-holidays, and around 12-16 hours a day on holidays... I'd say an average of 7 on school days, 14 on holidays...

I've been playing this game since 2001, but only really got into it in early 2003...

So 5 years at that rate, say, 10-11 hours a day average...

18,000-20,000 hours of play if I committed to that.

Obviously, I sometimes do not play, so minus, say, 2,000 hours.

16,000-18,000 hours would be slightly more accurate, but then I DID play since 2001, so another 1,000 hours in 2 years.

17,000-19,000 hours estimated playing time.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Techincally ive been playing since 1999/2000 (not entirely sure). But ive often quite for many months, and i dont really play that much either. So id say 2k-2.5k at most, but for some reason i hang around rs relted forums more then i play lately, so id say 5k total spend on rs. Ah if only i spend that time playing id have much better skills...

Registered Eagle Tas sometime in the winter 2004. Didn't play much at first at all but it increased a little to 30 minutes per day in average during mid2005-2007. Since February this year, I have been play about 2 hours a day in average.

Including those occasional no-lifing weekends and my Runescape frenzy last summer, it seems that I have been playing approximately 1500 hours of Runescape. Nothing I regret, really. I don't watch much TV, so I haven't been wasting any more time than other average people around me do with TV and other video games.

If you assume you live to be 80, and sleep 8 hours a day, you live to experience 467.2k awake hours. 5k hours spent in total on a game like Runescape only makes up about 1% of your life, then. Does that really sound so depressing? :)

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

Why is it that you guys would find a high amount of hours depressing? As I previously mentioned, non gamers may spend the same amount of time on the tv, or some other hobby. What is the difference? :-k

Well, there's this current idea that's been boiling about how there are no child prodigies, or that every child has the potential to be what we call prodigies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/nov/15/malcolm-gladwell-outliers-extract

You begin to rack up hours on anything, that by the time you approach 10,000 hours you are world class level expert at that "thing". Granted, there's the kicker that each and every hour you have to push yourself. Either you refine what you are doing, or you study something new to add.

Reason why no one does this is you pretty much have to like what you're doing. You have to like piano, tennis, golf, basketball, writing, Japanese, whatever to rack up hours like that in a short amount of time (8 hours a day for 4 years or 4 hours a day for 8 years). Then, you're not just in a holding pattern. You're adding new vocabulary (Japanese), new music (piano, flute), new techniques (tennis, golf).

Translation, if you found the above as fun as you found Runescape, and you practiced everyday then you'll become an expert as you approach 10,000 hours. Thing is, I doubt many find the above fun enough to dedicate 10,000 hours of their life.

Another reason Jagex gave that they will not show hours as it would encourage account selling. Kind of a bs reason, seeing most care about stats and not hours it took to make the stats.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Sad but true story: I'd probably be in the 5,000-6,000 range.

Happy but true story: I am still extremely successful in real life so it's okay to have spent so much time playing a game that relaxes and entertains me. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

It's very trivial to me, I'd rather not know but I'd want to peek at it just because I'm oh so curious :lol:

I wouldn't mind knowing but it will not be disclosed any time soon because information like this can be used to in the real world industry of account sales.

If you're a new player I believe you can use X-fire to track how many hours you put into any game (though I'm not sure why you would want to do this) :lol:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

about 1900 hours. thats about 79 straight days.

less than some, but still a waste imo. but it was fun ::'

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I don't think I would want to see it..... but if sombody asked me, I would not say no :P

Oooooo temptations!

No clue from me! I was playing far too much at one point, to virtually nothing now! but have been playing since mid 2004.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I'd love to see how many hows I have played I don't think it's depressing at all. It'd be great to see what I have achieved in that amount of time. Also I want to see how efficient I have been.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

over 9000

You are an idiot.

Jagex used to tell people when they made their account and the play time. I asked 'em a few times, and they eventually said they don't do that anymore because it helps you sell an account..=\

I would love to see it..

35b9enp.jpg

Between my four main accounts

K R I S K

Krisk Jr

K O N K A R

An an old pking pure I had, forget the name off hand, I'd Like to know, yes... It would be uhh, alot an alot... \'

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

I would guess around 3000-4000 total hours. Been playing for ~2.75 years and an average of 3-4 hours a day (this is taking into account all of my accounts).

I would like to see the time played on all of my accounts though. It would show how much time I spent on failed pures :lol:.

Shaniqua.png

They do keep track somehow. Back during the mass bannings they said that a player with a total lvl of 1500 had played like a few hundred days. Ill try to find it.

EDIT:

11th May 2007 - Bots and Real-World Trading Update

These are just 2 examples out of the 2300 total.

Player X

Total Level: Over 1600

Total time in-game: 140 days, 8 hours

Player Y

Total Level: Over 1550

Total time in-game: 89 days, 14 hours

Jagex is holding out on us :shame:

k, first of all... if i saw my playing time which is prob upwards of like 10,000 now i would quit

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg