Lucky? How am I lucky?

tard53

Well, personally I think you're reading it the wrong way. I highly doubt anyone says "lucky you" in hopes of discrediting your work, it's more of a euphamism than anything.

When i think of saying "you're so lucky" I'm more inferring that the person is lucky to have the opportunity to have an item, or achieve something great, I dont mean it in a derrogatory way at all, in fact I'm saying the person is lucky to have the ability to have that much money compared to my ability.

I wouldnt take offence, the person doesnt mean anything bad, they arent saying you didnt work, they're just showing envy of you being better.

Just posing a question: Is that really luck or hard work? The ability is acquired through the training to achieve those levels. Thus, it's not a case of luck but of hard work.

I'll agree that usually it's not always meant in literal terms, but even if it isn't that doesn't mean it isn't demeaning. If one spent months to achieve this goal and then someone goes and calls it luck, that can be a bit degrading. Of course, you still know you accomplished it - which, hopefully, is all that matters.

cliffside1ra5.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i hate when people say 99 slay ur so lucky.

99 agility ur so lucky

i sometimes consider people with high money and low rc lucky but i know they prob just spend more time doing something different then me and i spend all my money.

oh well i enjoy gaining my goals :thumbsup:

StarViv.png

I just call people with goodlooking stuff lucky cause they have the luck to get money to afford it. And they're lucky to have it. Example: Partyhats. Insanely expensive, only the rich can afford to buy one and people who were around at the time of them being dropped are lucky to have one and not have sold it.

But the whole point is that they didn't get lucky and just "find" the money; they worked for a long time to earn it. Or they got party hats back when they were released as a drop and have been dedicated enough to play ever since then. That's not luck.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Well... And, I'm not sure, but maybe they mean lucky as in the other person is lucky to posess the time/patience/skill/whatever else it took to get the item, when the person saying it does not?

I hope that made some sense, I'm about to go to sleep...

Good night.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

My Philosophy about Runescape is that it truely is ALL luck. Getting those spots to train without others is luck, getting a good drop is luck, having the time to train is luck etc. Hell i've been around (not Tif, But RS) for 7 years now, im only 7m rich, no 99's, 110+ Combat and ripped on for using only a whip and torags. But thats MY luck that i dont have time to play serious, or good drops, or for a fact others have better drop rate / TT Rewards then I. however the friends I made, the experiances i understood and those i became to know Wasn't Luck......It was Bribary. :lol:

EDIT: wow, i left alot of typos. :ohnoes:

Popoto.~<3

My Philosophy about Runescape is that is truely is ALL luck. Getting thse spot to train without others is luck, getting a good drop is luck, having the time to train is luck etc. Hell i've been around (not Tif, But RS) for 7 years now, im only 7m rich, no 99's, 110+ Combat and ripped on for using only a whip and torags. But thats MY luck that i dont have time to play serious, or good drops, or for a fact others have better drop rate / TT Rewards then I. however the friends I made, the experiances i understood and those i became to know Wasn't Luck......It was Bribary. :lol:

Yes, I agree with Dark Aura. Most stuff on Runescape is luck. The luck of seeing someone with a 99 slayer cape encouraged you to get 99 slayer. The luck you finding 1 snape grass on the floor and think about how to collect em for money. Many more... I mean some people just have more luck than other, but I don't think you should make a big deal out of it. I doubt anyone would try to offend you by saying 'Lucky you!'. To me, it is a way of saying you are just fortunate to have those items. (My bad if I restate what I said earlier :P)

~Bomb

What shocks me the most is that both of them people in the scenarios you mentioned, didn't quite understand the difference between 'Your so lucky' and 'You're so lucky'.

On topic. You make your own luck, the people mentioned were probably just trying to suck up.

2lifw20.jpg

what a horrible idea for a thread

Then don't post on it.

On topic, yeah, I have a person on my friends list who does this, normally while asking me how to make money in members. I tell him to get his skills up, and he asks me what my skills are/how much money I have. I tell him and the next thing i see is always, without fail, "ur so lucky." Please note that my skills are not even particularly high.

Oh, and once I was at roaches and someone said something about me being 'so lucky' that I could left-click attack the soldiers. -.-

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

You are taking too much at face value, they might noit mean that you are got lucky because you have it(or depending on the person, maybe they do), but that you are lucky enough to be a patient person that can stand to work for it. I, for example, am not a patient person. It just isn't my nature, and I consider anyone who is patient and hard working to be lucky to be so. Of course, with some rare items, players might assume you got the item yourself as a rare drop, in which case it is fitting to call you lucky.

deathfish64.png

The quest points in the stat pic above this message is wrong, disregard it.

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

Yep. One of the many irritations I have with other players while playing. If someone sees me, a level 137 with a Prayer cape on, they automatically will say something like, "Wow, a Prayer cape! You're so lucky! I wish I were you!"

Two things are wrong with that statement.

A. My Combat Level nor my Prayer Cape came from luck. They came from hours of working for cash and worshipping bones or killing monsters to achieve. And by hours, we're talking hundreds of hours. How can that be considered luck?

and B. It's not hard to "be me." Lots of players are my level and far above. It's not like I just one day logged in and Runescape said, "Congratulations! Here's 137 Combat, 8 Level 99s, and over 2,200 total levels!" I have spent almost 4 years and probably thousands upon thousands of hours playing this game to be where I'm at. While I don't regret the time I've invested in playing, I will say that I wouldn't "envy" me if I were on the other side of the fence. I have spent a lot of time in the past 4 years playing Runescape when I could have, say, been working, or whatnot.

You could argue that you are lucky that you found the motivation to level up to 99 Prayer and 137 combat, etc. Once you've got a level it's easy to say that everyone can do it, and they probably can, but when you were level 40ish I doubt that you thought you'd be able to get to 126, and now you're past it. Your view on difficulty changes a lot as you progress, someone who has been swimming for years would find it pathetically easy to swim 100 metres, whereas someone who had only just learnt to swim would have a lot more difficulty with the same task. The same applys to Runescape.

10xy5fk.png

mostly because most of the hardcore and constructive player s and ones that actually cared about the game left when pk/ trade limit came out and when rs came onto miniclip. Because now we have 3mil+ 6-11 yr old kids runnig around rs :shock:

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I get the "you're lucky" a lot. People can't just say "nice work" or something. I think luck plays no significant part in this game at all, especially now we can't suddenly come across the loot of some poor soul who just lagged out and died...

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

RuneScape is mostly populated of kids and young teenagers. These people don't know the meaning of hard work and earning your items. Thus they will always say you are "lucky" because they are jealous and too lazy to move their [wagon] and work for an item.

xxteargodxx.png

Huh, I thought I was the only one who got pissed off at that comment. I actually yelled at someone for saying that a while ago, they said lol in response and kinda meandered away :D.

In no way is any good achievement lucky.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde