Lucky? How am I lucky?

tard53

When someone says your "Lucky" it means you have a greater fortune than them (not the money type of fortune). Players realize that most of the time the fortune is self made. Lucky is just a lot faster than saying "Oh god job on the hours of griding and money making to get that particular item or level and i'm so jealous of that!"

cool_sig1.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mostly because most of the hardcore and constructive player s and ones that actually cared about the game left when pk/ trade limit came out and when rs came onto miniclip. Because now we have 3mil+ 6-11 yr old kids runnig around rs :shock:

Actually, it's the complete opposite. Those who truly cared about the game remained as those that didn't left.

cliffside1ra5.png

like I said before, as i still dont like the people who call other people lucky because of their things/skills, I think they are complimenting on how you have enough patience to do so.But they are perfectly capable of getting whatever you have the same way you did. I still think it is somewhat of an insult but like one of the above posters said, how come they can never say, "woah, you have a godsword? nice work" rather than "woah, you have a godsword? your so lucky!"

one little nice job wouldnt hurt.

You're lucky you aren't one of the starving children in Africa, that's why! If you were, you wouldn't even know what Runescape WAS. You'd be too busy trying to get something to eat, or even eating some of your own limbs! Support our fund and I will make sure that the- :shame: Someone let the giveadamn ants in...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Unless you do really it really hardcorse, all monster hunting depends on luck. So in that case it's certainly justified. People come to me "nice ZGS, lucky" and it's luck indeed, it's been my only GWD item ever after only 50 boss kills.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

As this is a completely one sided conversation, let me present the point of the well informed other side of the arguement.

First off, let me clarify as stating that those who spent hours grinding for their partyhats or developed their own get rich quick schemes to obtain said partyhat, I am in no way diminishing or trying to diminish the profoundness of your achievement. It takes quite a bit of concentration and perservereance to obtain the money for these items, or any 99. If I seem to in some way to defile your achievement, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. However, the profoundness of your achievement brings me to my arguement.

If you'll take a look at my draynor.net signature, you will see that my highest stat is 78 woodcutting. While this is good, but not great, by regular standards, the elite community at tip.it would consider this subpar. However, obtaining this level reqiured most of, if not all, of my patience. I quit runescape for about a year shortly after I achieved this level. My point in this ancedote is that people with 99s, especially quickly obtained ones, consider that they spent a short amount of time in this skill. A couple of all nighters with red bulls or some afking whilst doing homework for a couple of days is not that difficult for you with these 99s. However, I, being blessed with the miniscule amount of patience that I have, am not able to do these things for a variety of reasons.

1) Parental control. My parents would NEVER, under any circumstances, allow me to pull an all nighter playing a video game. They would not allow this if I were studying or doing homework, and they most certainly think my academics are more important than some video game. Also, all my homework must be completed before I am allowed to play a videogame. Therefore, I can not simply stick a load of cannonballs into a furnace and do homework for 15 minutes.

2) Little patience. As I stated before, I have very little patience. However, this is an ability that you are born with. Naturally, anyone with a right mind and enough motivation can wait a very long time for something, myself included. But for some trivial task, such as making 50k cannonballs, some people simply have the natural ability to be able to wait for this task to be completed. This is not me, and I must make my own get rich quick tactics to obtain my money, as I simply can not stand grinding.

3)Unfortunately, I have forgotten my last reason due to the length of time it took to write this post while completing a quest. Perhaps that was my reason, bad memory, although I doubt it. I'll reserve this spot in case my memory refreshes.

I know that these reasons apply to other people as well, especially the little eight year olds who found this game on Miniclip. :wall: However, their excuse for saying "You're so lucky" is likely just that, they believe that you are lucky. While inaccurate at best, you are stooping to their level by saying such comments as "One must take into account that the majority of people are stupid." and critizing people for thinking that you are lucky. You must look on the poor side of the fence before you formulate an opinion. And yes, I have been on the rich side of the fence. When people my level saw me wearing armor that cost an excess of one million gold and holding a whip, then called me lucky. I told them luck had nothing to do with it, which seemed to stupefy them, and walked away.

I have been on both sides of the fence. And while the majority of people who will either call you a noob or no-lifer when you have a fletching cape who also call you lucky for having a godsword or two do not understand what they are saying, believe me when I say that some people have good reason to call you lucky when they say "You're so lucky because you have x item".

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

I think you are all taking what they mean to be literal. For one, I cannot see why you would be annoyed at their statements. I am almost certain that they just think you are lucky to be using, wielding, having that skill because of the doors it opens up to you. All "noobs" dream of hitting hard, making cash etc. They are only envious of you and your work to have those items. Unless they specifically suggest you didnt work for your achievement, you cannot assume there intended meaning.

Also, I hear people moaning about the average age of RSers being 12 or w.e (bs) all the time on here. It is not like they are saying anything offensive, so say thanks and walk on by, dont hate on him/her for not being as specific as you want them to be. To be honest, I think you are all crying out for attention. Because you have 99 this, 99 that, you want every character that walks past to say "wow!!! You put soooo much work and effort into that skill!! I could never do that! You are better than me!"

Pathetic really in my oppinion.

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

I agree,

It's only lucky if they killed a few steel dragons, and got a visage and went out and bought a BGS.

But if they sat and cut yews for months, then they are not lucky at all. Just patient,

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

figure of speech, break a leg means goodluck but how is breaking a leg good luck?

because it is bad luck to say "good luck" ...it jinxes the performer into having a bad show, if you tell them to "break a leg" you are basicly telling them 'don't suck' and you are not jinxing them into doing bad.

...it is really just an actor thing

Y_Z.png

I noticed one thing in Rs considering wealth. The more money you have the faster you can gain it. I still do not get the conscept of all of these people with blue phats saying they theived their way to 350m....I got almost passed out trying to get to 53 for DT....

Well, I see this in two ways...

Some people (like me) just use it as a phrase such as, "Wow, I'm so jealous. You're so lucky to have one of those," but in my mind, I understand that I could obtain one myself if I spent x amount of time with y amount of determination to get it.

On the other hand, I understand that people also use lucky in the actual definition. Some people assume that they player with the item/level plays the same amount of time as they do and therefore consider them lucky to have the item. Of course this is the wrong use of the term.

Technically speaking, your godsword example could have been a "lucky drop" from the monster hunter, but yeah... that's nit picking :P

So overall, I think most people use it as a phrase to congratulate the person for having the spirit and determination to get x money or x level. It might be considered as an idiom if it is used often enough.

In the grand scheme of things, everything has to do with luck. You don't really get to 'pick' how you are and how the world around you is. It just depends on how you were born and raised, which makes you lucky if it turns out for the best and unlucky if it turns out for the worst. Of course there is freewill and the simple mentioning of the term can sway you - but that doesn't contradict the fact that something other than yourself made that happen.

Lucky is getting a rare drop. (visage, dchain, dclaws, ect...)

Me burning thousands and thousand of logs to get 99 fm isnt luck, killing tons of monsters for 99 attack isnt luck, pwning enough slayer monsters to get 85 slayer isnt luck..it bugs the hell out of me :(

Also, omg pmod, LUCKY! no. :wall:

35b9enp.jpg

Well.I dont believe in luck so i think the society of life on earth is based on Gods will and just a coincidence.Also in hard work.Well when i walk around in a noob world in members with my full rune and d long,i get called lucky by level 3 members that for some reason always join the membership road whenever they join a MMORPG.But that wasnt luck.That was 3 years of figuring out the best way to make cash and convincing my parents to buy me membership.But there is a coincidence that i found that way to make money,and if you get say....A god sword hilt for killing some giant lesser demon.That was a big coincidence.But it is the same in RL.It was hard work and coincidence that made bill gates where he is.So is nintendo,jagex,sony,sega, and all the other companys that are awesome.

Lan735

Proud member of the fighting saints

Fight as one and Die as one

1 person can change the world