Opinions on Revenants?

Ned

There are things you missed. First off a protection prayer does not offer 100% protection, it offers the same 50% that is does versus a human in pvp, the same as it did against the original pkers.
Not true. I can confirm it is 100% protection. Otherwise, please explain why I never get hit by their magic attacks in full melee gear :P

You are right though in many things. The freeze effect probably should be associated with the magic attack, but not available in F2P. The melee attack should poison, not the ranged attack.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They congregate in the only places I use wild. Chaos Elemental and Runite Rock. The Rock isn't bad, easily avoidable, but I can no-longer Solo the elemental without getting teamed. 1-2 Revs is the most I can take at once. I understand they are there for a reason, but i never saw a PK'er at Chaos Elemental

Other than that, they are good

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Revs seem underpowered to me.

Whenever I go out on a clue in the Wildy, I always bring Karils along with some other expensive gear. I usually encounter a Knight or an Ork.

I can easily kill an Ork or a Knight 1 on 1, and only retreat when they're in a large group.

The only time I find them annoying is when I'm Abyss RCing.

Even though I've been killed by PKers before (waaay back then), I prefer them over Revenants.

(I have never been killed by a Rev :D )

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

There are things you missed. First off a protection prayer does not offer 100% protection, it offers the same 50% that is does versus a human in pvp, the same as it did against the original pkers.
Not true. I can confirm it is 100% protection. Otherwise, please explain why I never get hit by their magic attacks in full melee gear :P

You are right though in many things. The freeze effect probably should be associated with the magic attack, but not available in F2P. The melee attack should poison, not the ranged attack.

Actually I can vouch that it is true, and there's a reason why most people don't know why. When you pray magic, the AI of the rev tells it to not use any magical attacks. (I suppose in a sense you could consider that almost 100% protection) It will simply use range or melee, even if your in full rune. Now very rarely they might still use the magic attack, but its very unlikely. Ive had it happen only once or twice before, where I still got tb'ed/hit while praying mage. Typically unless you run out of melee range while your praying mage, they wont use it, ever.

And btw for the record its actually 40% not 50% protection.

But I do agree they need to be toned down in f2p and beefed up in p2p. But I do not think their drops should be changed.

Ways the tone them down in f2p:

- Reduce the max hit in half.

- Cannot tb (unless tb is given to f2p).

Ways to beef them up in p2p:

- All 3 of their attacks not only have their normal special effects, but can disease you as well. (Which can be very lethal in long term activity in the wilderness)

- Allow Higher level rev's to summon revs of similar combat levels. Eg. A 126 knight can summon orcs and below to help them out.

- Poison increased to 6 damage.

- Range has a chance to freeze from 5-20 seconds.

- One special attack. The ability to hit one significantly higher hit while reducing a combat stat. Similar to a BGS special.

As for their drops, Revs are designed to be a FEAR replacement for pkers, not a drop replacement. If they gained a good assortment of drops, people could constantly hunt them, making them almost always occupied and thus not providing any fear to the normal wildy clue-er. But I do feel for people who do manage to kill them, a rare drop is needed, such as a holy elixer. But their common drops should not change. A more valuable rare drop would be fine though.

I think the best way to beef them up in P2P is to add stat reducing content. This makes them harder without actually making them way overpowered.

dawnsigblue-3.png

(%)

Revenants are a blessing.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

i think rev is great !!! scares people off right away ::' it also show if you are brave or not by exploring wildy ::'

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

they made clues a lot easier IMO. AI is poorly designed so players can easily outmaneuver them. i find nothing to complain about renevants and they're are a fine addition to the wilderness despite having pkers around.

This is why revs stink, imo: They're irrational.

Pkers are rational. They risk something, so they don't attack you for no reason. Back in the day, when I went clue hunting in wildy, I wore worthless stuff that offered some protection. I carried a dds. It was obvious to everyone that no decent drop would be obtained by killing me. Plus, nobody could see how much food I might be carrying. So the calculus looked like this: A pker could attack and maybe kill me with no upside gain. But because I wore some protection, carried a dds and might be carrying food, there was plenty of downside risk. Bottom line: I never got attacked. That's because pkers are rational.

Revs, by contrast, have nothing to lose. They don't care if they die. They're not out for profit. You can't deter them. You can only fight or run. Fight is a waste of time because their drops stink.

I think that revs would be better if they did a quick calculation of what you're wearing and attacked only if it would be worthwhile to kill you. That's what pkers did. Also, their drops really need improvement. If revs were worth hunting, wildly would be a much more interesting place.

punitivedsig.png

In my opinion,

The fact that people rant about them being overpowered, means that they are doing their job :lol:

However not to be completely ignorant of the other sides of the story, yes revs do seem overpowered in F2P and could be toned down a bit, however in P2P their laughably weak :roll:

Another problem is their drops, not worth it... but if the revs at the moment had much better drops they'd be overpowered, however Jagex could make it something like revs become ALOT stronger if you decide to attack one or something...

Also am I the only one not forgetting the other side of revs Jagex forgot to put in? The prey? Do remember, you can still get pked while hunting green dragons, but you can't hunt someone killing green dragons (excluding PvP worlds of course)

I wouldn't mind seeing something like a 'lost soul' which is the complete opposite of a Rev, weak, cowardly, and unaggressive, but with good drops.

Of course there would be consequences such as being 'skulled' and the fact that these guys have tricks up their sleeves for getting away, including freezing, short span teleporting (because I believe it's impossible for NPC's to run), energy draining, health recovery, using wildy teleporters, leading you into dangerous areas and even logging out if their out of combat for a certain time limit.

Ah well just one of my ideas I felt unloading <3:

I think they are pathetic losers who can't land a kill for their lives. Honestly, they are so easy to get rid of I escaped a pack of them on my super laggy Windows 98 last month while doing a clue #-o

If you know your smarts, you can VERY VERY easily block them off at an situation.

But simply because of the sheer power they possess, they create a fearful atmosphere, which is what Jagex wants. A deep look, however, proves this to be false.

Ex.

Look at stars left at the Pirate Mines. Most I've seem mining one there has been 6, yes 6, people at one time. Sure there were more, but they came and left, so I didn't count them. That surprises me. A perfectly good and SAFE star left there to rot away. I wrote this in my star hunting guide (link in sig, this is under the SAFETY section), there are AT LEAST 4 ways to deal with those revenants at that location. With cooperative effort, they will stand no chance. But yet, OMFG LUK IT R REV NITE OMG OMG IT JUSS HIT 24 ON ME IMA RUN TO MAGE BANK AND GO 2 DAT RIMMY STAR!!!!!!!

:|

EDIT: On the other hand, I do think their drops should be toned up a bit. They are monsters after all, and not so easy ones to kill at that. The reward should be something more than 2k. a GREATER DEMON can drop 2k...

they made clues a lot easier IMO. AI is poorly designed so players can easily outmaneuver them. i find nothing to complain about renevants and they're are a fine addition to the wilderness despite having pkers around.

I agree. Except the other day a revenant (knight maybe? i didn't evensee) hit me for a 30 2 times and a 29 once... maybe I was just caught off guard. Nonetheless I just ate up, ran, and logged.

sig3bh7.png

I think that the revenants could have been made a bit better.

Bad Stuff

-The ability to use acients should vary between combat

-Not all of them should use mage, but some use range or melee instead

-The damage they can take, so their defencive levels

-Your range armour is pretty much useless against their magic attacks

-The damage they cause

Ok Stuff

-They should still tele away when you activate those teleport platforms

-The looks should remain, as they look really cool

-Frequency they appear in

And I can't think of anything else right now.

They are just sutpid pkers lol. THey are way too easy too kill and out-maneuver.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff