88 Hits

70 Prayer

95 Ranged

99 Magic

42 Summoning

99 Cooking

91 Fletching (with materials for 99)

70 Firemaking (with materials for 99)

Frequently wear my green party hat around because I like the way it looks with my armor.

Unfairly permanently muted for telling somebody:

riptide_mage: real mature

************: yes.

************: it is.

************: isnt it?

riptide_mage: i <3 12 year olds >.<

----------

1) High defense does not make me a noob, it just means you need to train your attack better.

2) Using a cannon on an unpopulated world does not make me a noob just because you decided you decided to come train on the world after I was already there.

3) Using a cannon to train slayer does not make me a noob, it just means I want fast exp.

4) Using a cannon to train range does not make me a noob, it just means that unlike you and your iron arrows I don't want to wait a year.

5) Using red chinchompas to train range does not make me a noob, it just means I have money.

6) Using prayers does not make me a noob, it just means you need to bury some more ones to even the playing field.

7) Killing you when you are collecting spirit shards does not make me a noob, it just means I want to win and play the game like it was meant to be played.

8) Using ice barrage and then stepping away and using my dark bow does not make me a noob, it just means you should have better armor and a ranged weapon.

9) Using protect item does not make me a noob, it just means I value my equipment.

10) Having low strength and attack does not make me a noob, it just means I'm not melee-oriented.

11) Having played for 7 years and not being max combat doesnt make me a noob, it just means I have more focuses in life.

12) Having a party hat does not make me a noob that has no life, it just means I have played a long time.

13) Merchanting does not make me a noob, it just means I have a good head for economics.

14) Freezing you and not letting you get a high score in Fist of Guthix does not make me a noob, it just means I'm playing the game how its meant to be.

15) Eating food does not make me a noob, it just means my inventory isn't empty.

16) I'm not a noob for using silver bolts instead of a better metal, it just means thats how I trained my crafting.

17) Using a cannon with ammo I smithed doesn't make me a noob, it just means I don't mind taking a while to get ammo and gaining smithing exp.

18) Ranging with my dark bow + dragon arrows (p++) while in my infinity robes and casting blood barrage does not make me a noob, it just means you should've been better prepared.

19) Not wanting to duel you in a dds-only match does not make me a noob, it means I don't want my fate left to a RNG.

20) Buying my way to a fast 99 does not make me a noob, it means I spent time earning gp instead of training that skill the inexpensive and slower way.

21) Not having done Heroes Quest, Legends Quest, and even Shield of Arrav doesn't make me a noob, it just means I don't quest much.

22) Having a low fishing level doesn't make me a noob, it just means I buy my food.

23) Not answering your question because I am muted does not make me a noob.

24) Being muted does not make me a noob, it just means I was unfairly hit by the mutehammer.

25) Not selling you some random item does not make me a noob, it just means you need to visit the GE.

----------

I'ld also like to clarify that the fact I'm being called a noob/nerd doesn't bother me at all because I'm not the person whos upset that somebody is playing the game how it was meant to be played. This is more of a commentary on the sad state of the average runescape player now. I started playing this game when I was 12 in august 2001 and back then I saw nothing but respect between players, unless it was a clan rivalry or a deathmatch, and then naturally insults and taunts were bound to be thrown. Now it seems that every single action is worthy of being insulted for, whats next? "You're a noob for logging in!!!!!!1111111111111!!!!!!elevenelevenoneoneononeoneone!111111111111!!1!!!"

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I told somebody that they act like they have the maturity of a 12 year old and got 10 black marks for it and my appeal denied, hence unfairly, but thats not the point of this rant and I deal with it hoping that in a year it will be removed.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

The fact that you need to explain that you're not a noob makes you a noob.

No seriously, people who call you a noob most likely deserve that title themselves. Some people just abuse the word for everyone they don't like. Apparently I'm still a noob to this game because I don't want to do an emote, or help someone out with a quest. They will always find some kind of moronic reason to call you a noob, so therefore their qualification is a useless judgement, which says more about the person that calls you a noob.

Yep, people say those things when they can't think of a good insult. Here's a great idea that I use - insult them back in like manner! They call you a defence noob, call them an armor noob or a weapon noob or strength noob or some other such thing. It seems to work very well at confusing them.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

In my opinion, you don't have to list all these things. Just put down one:

1. Playing the game using features within the game does not make me a noob, it just means you don't know how to play as well as I do.

:lol:

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

24) Being muted does not make me a noob, it just means I was unfairly hit by the mutehammer.

MUTE MALLET!!!!

And yeah, I agree with you. Except for maybe the silver bolts bit. ;)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

yea, silver bolts bit was a bit odd. cannon, red chins, and.... silver bolts? wha-?

I've got 30,000 of my 40,000 I made left, so for tasks where a cannon and melee aren't really useful I use them.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

11) Having played for 7 years and not being max combat doesnt make me a noob, it just means I have more focuses in life.

Exactly.

Still, if you are muted, it's probably best if you just turn off public chat. If you can't reply to them, what's the point of being able to see what they're saying? That's just my two cents. Whenever I strike an area full of 12 year olds (judging from their language), I just switch the chat off and go about my business.

yea, silver bolts bit was a bit odd. cannon, red chins, and.... silver bolts? wha-?

I've got 30,000 of my 40,000 I made left, so for tasks where a cannon and melee aren't really useful I use them.

aren't they the same as bronze bolts though?

why are you so paranoid about being called a nub? Does it really get under your skin like that?

Lawlz omg nublet.

It doesn't actually bother me at all, this was more a commentary on the sad state of the average RS player. I started the game when I was 12 and I never went around calling everyone in site a noob for no reason, so I don't see why everyone insists on doing it now.

aren't they the same as bronze bolts though?

No idea, but it was good crafting and fletching xp.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Though I believe someone ranting about being called a noob is a little immature, you are absolutely right. There's really no reason to call someone a noob at all.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

99 Cooking

91 Fletching (with materials for 99)

70 Firemaking (with materials for 99)

Lawlnub

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

^ A) That's exactly what rants are about, most people don't care.

B) That's the exact kind of response people hate, and mods crack down on.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

Here, have some self-esteem; the people who are usually upset by being called a noob are usually running quite low on it so they can't just brush off the comments and be above it all.

I was muted for this last week by a WBM in the clan chat, though, so I agree with the ridiculousness of people calling you a noob when you're muted and CAN'T FREAKIN' TALK BACK TO THEM. I would spam random responses at them with quick chat until it finally sunk in that I couldn't tell them.

I also enjoyed reading your point-by-point list. We should have a sticky at the top of the forum for "I was called a noob."

And yeah, don't expect a ton of sympathy here. Most of the trolls at tip.it tend to hang out in the rants area.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Having (or materials to) 99 cooking, fletching and firemaking does not make you a noob.

But doesn't mean the achievement should be respected either. I find it more often people cry out in lack of attention as opposed to people calling them a noob. When they do, is normally when they cry.

And all permanent mutes are unfair. Just as all drivers think they are better than the average headless nut on the road. =P~

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Wow. Thank you for this post. I was just about to post something very similar. I have been playing on and off since RSC, and last night was the first time I have ever turned public off. The community has degraded into a horrific state. I, too, get harrassed unrelentingly because I decide to use a cannon, because I have to eat while fighting someone 10 levels higher than me PVP, that I steal runes in Stealing Creation. Last night I argued from a fog cloud with another player for 5 minutes about how thieving was a legitimate way to play the minigame, and that I wasn't a noob or nerd for using that tactic. That's another thing, how am I a "nerd" for my play style? I could be dealing out 100 points of damage every .2 seconds and I'd still be called a "noob." Maybe the people who are just throwing around these words, don't mean it offensively. Maybe they are too young and immature to have an actual conversation, so they resort to what has become a meme within their community. I don't know, but I share your frustration.

Odesa_Tahra.png

the word noob has no meaning anymore. i actually get people looking at me wearing a prayer cape and calling me a prayer noob. id like to see that lvl 70 in dmed and g plate try to grow wings outta his back and fly while golden light is shining on your head =p

120dgl.jpg

1) High defense does not make me a noob, it just means you need to train your attack better.

2) Using a cannon on an unpopulated world does not make me a noob just because you decided you decided to come train on the world after I was already there.

3) Using a cannon to train slayer does not make me a noob, it just means I want fast exp.

4) Using a cannon to train range does not make me a noob, it just means that unlike you and your iron arrows I don't want to wait a year.

5) Using red chinchompas to train range does not make me a noob, it just means I have money.

6) Using prayers does not make me a noob, it just means you need to bury some more ones to even the playing field.

7) Killing you when you are collecting spirit shards does not make me a noob, it just means I want to win and play the game like it was meant to be played.

8) Using ice barrage and then stepping away and using my dark bow does not make me a noob, it just means you should have better armor and a ranged weapon.

9) Using protect item does not make me a noob, it just means I value my equipment.

10) Having low strength and attack does not make me a noob, it just means I'm not melee-oriented.

12) Having a party hat does not make me a noob that has no life, it just means I have played a long time.

13) Merchanting does not make me a noob, it just means I have a good head for economics.

14) Freezing you and not letting you get a high score in Fist of Guthix does not make me a noob, it just means I'm playing the game how its meant to be.

15) Eating food does not make me a noob, it just means my inventory isn't empty.

16) I'm not a noob for using silver bolts instead of a better metal, it just means thats how I trained my crafting.

17) Using a cannon with ammo I smithed doesn't make me a noob, it just means I don't mind taking a while to get ammo and gaining smithing exp.

18) Ranging with my dark bow + dragon arrows (p++) while in my infinity robes and casting blood barrage does not make me a noob, it just means you should've been better prepared.

19) Not wanting to duel you in a dds-only match does not make me a noob, it means I don't want my fate left to a RNG.

20) Buying my way to a fast 99 does not make me a noob, it means I spent time earning gp instead of training that skill the inexpensive and slower way.

21) Not having done Heroes Quest, Legends Quest, and even Shield of Arrav doesn't make me a noob, it just means I don't quest much.

22) Having a low fishing level doesn't make me a noob, it just means I buy my food.

23) Not answering your question because I am muted does not make me a noob.

25) Not selling you some random item does not make me a noob, it just means you need to visit the GE.

If I weren't already committed to a religion, I'd say this is the Bible :thumbup:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg