4 Years of Castle Wars

Danqazmlp

[hide=]The Castle Wars arena has opened south of Ardougne!

Saradomin and Zamorak have taken an interest and are urging their chosen teams towards victory. Who will you choose to fight for? Or will you follow the way of Guthix and help keep the balance?

Castle Wars is a combat based team game. A single game lasts 20 minutes. The Zamorakians and the Saradominists try to infiltrate each others castles, capture each others standards and take them back through enemy lines to their own base and claim a victory point for their chosen deity.

Speak to Lanthus in the Castle Wars waiting area for more information on how to play. Buy a manual off him for more information about the features and tactics you can use whilst playing.

There are no requirements to join in (apart from being a RuneScape Member), just turn up and join a side!

Additionally, the Ring of Duelling now has a new teleport option so players have to do less walking to get to the Castle Wars area.[/hide]

Yes, it's been 4 years since the arguably most successful minigame Jagex have added into runescape was brought to us live. It has Been voted #1 in Polls in various places, but what has made it so liked?

I Still remember playing cw for the first time the day it came out, i had never seen so many people in one place before, Its a shame i don't have any pictures from back then (any of you got pics from the first few days of cw?). It was an amazing addition to Runescape.

After 4 years the Mini-game (if you can still call it mini?) thousands still play it each day, some people choose to spend millions of their hard earned money playing the game for no reward except fun (but heck that is the best way to spend money isn't it ::' ) Some will play for the thrill, some to hang with friends, some just to kill people with no risk.

Castle wars has stayed appealing to many people wether they pop in to the game from time to time, or wether it's thier main activity while palying rs. There is just something about it don't you think.

Castle wars has had many minor changes over the years, but it is still the same fundimental game of capture the flag, a simple game but one that seems to have an almost endless amount of ways to play. Castle wars has almost been unrivaled as the most played minigame For so long, but why? Why don't Jagex seem to be able to bring the same ideas that made CW so successful into other games. Simple, with little restrictions. Most mini-gamescreated now take long tutorials just to try and play them, but you can just jump straight into castle wars.

Heck, what other minigames have whole communities and numerous clans based around them (not incl. Pest control because well, there just lists of people not clans).

So well done Jagex, hats off to you, you really made a cracker of a Mini-game, But i hope you can make something just as good soon, you have to have a hit sooner or later.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, castle wars is definitely awesome. I think it is possibly the most well liked update Jagex has had, and if not darn close.

I do have a few complaints with it though

[hide=]Those hoods kill barrows sets which would be fun to use and it is a pain using mage or range because you lose so much money! Catapult got the friendly fire update but it is still pretty lame and those towers in the middle can't even be used to range/mage out of![/hide]

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

It's a great minigame and it is where I spend most of my minigame playing time. Even though I have 2706 tickets I don't claim to be a pro like half of the people wearing armadyl is world 24 do :roll: It is extremely fun and a test of your abilities in combat and how skilled you are at the game. I am one of those people who waste millions there but thats because I enjoy it and I guess thats what counts.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Castle Wars is currently my fourth favorite minigame and is the biggest reason why came out of my year long break from '04 to '05.

People don't realize that minigames with relatively simplistic principles are always the best. I'm glad that Jagex realizes this and has not desecrated Castle Wars with these "improvements" that many people think are needed. I for one, hope that Castle Wars remains as it should be; a game of capture the flag.

Yeah, it's been pretty much unchanged. Only stuff I can think of is getting rid of the animal glitch, reward update, changing it to combat items only (no more of those free loading alchers!!), graphic update, going up the side of the stairs, moving the healing table too the respawn room, and changing the friendly fire on the catapolt. I don't see how any of those could be viewed as negatives. Overall an awsome game, and my biggest time (and money) sink other than training. Ironicly, I can't stand playing on the castlewars worlds, because I hate the crowded teams.

The only complaints is when I get team mates who can't play, or when I can't find a world without a long wait, or when the teams are unfair. Why not make a 'pool server'; everyone who wants to play cw regardless of world is 'pooled' into a dedicated server and teams are formed based on people's closest combat level? That way games start near instantly.

quit

I would love to try it, looks fun. :P

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I've only got 24 tickets. I've played more than 24 games, I'm just really terrible at choosing the right team. :lol: I think I've pretty much given up on it - it's terrible exp, and unless you're winning more than one in every four games, it isn't fun. In my opinion.

It's a great minigame for the reasons you said, specially the part that it takes no tutorials and you can just jump right in, easy to learn and play. There are clans made just for CW but it's a great minigame that friends can play together and have fun. I think it would be interesting if Jagex released different "maps" for CW, where you could choose to always play in the same map or go into a different map every game to add even more variety and change up your strategies.

Played it so much I had to make a sig about it :mrgreen:

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

WOW 4 years???nooooo way!

But yeah i don't like CW. All i do is man the catapolt lol it's pretty fun there's some deep strategy with it (i usually get at least 5 kills per game lol).

I vaguely remember writing a short guide on it a few years ago i wonder where it is haha

Bleah. Castle wars, give me my 50m in barrage runes back!

Yeah, it's pretty good. I really wish they would make some updates to it, though. Just a few simple things would make it so much better. Graphic update was the best thing to happen to it in years. Now we need REAL rewards.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It is fun. Some people forget that RuneScape is a GAME, and not a way of life...

It can be both ;) .

OT: Wow, 4 years. Every once in a blue moon, I would play CW for 6 hours non-stop. Then leave it alone for a long time. I always liked killing people with mage, mainly because I would not lose all my expensve things when I died.

Don't ask me for what I do for fun.

Anyways, what I do for fun (besides RS) is to tear up assignments I get and then try to re-create them. It's so much fun =D.

(I also like differrent things.(and purple ))

Hasaple2.png

Hasaple2.png

I used to play quite a bit, but I've stopped because I couldn't find a world without stacking anymore. (And I don't have enough tix/skills for those picking clans.)

But the minigame itself is awesome. Good Job Jagex! =D> =D>

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif