4 Years of Castle Wars

Danqazmlp

Crazy. Best minigame there is no doubt for sheer longevity. I remember when it came out. 4 years already oh my days.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember being htere the day it was released and it was a very very fun minigame but i definately preferr clan wars now, the best mini game would simply be a combination of the 2. The biggest downside to castle wars in the lack of being able to use a cape and hat :cry:

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Simplicity + Versatility = Elegance

The appeal of Castle Wars is simple: you can just charge away and play the first time you step into the game, or you can work in complex team strategies and tactics as an advanced player.

Moreover, the game features combat, the most popular element of the game, without the risk of loss, so players needn't worry about losing the stuff they're showing off.

Can't replicate this minigame without redundancy; variations from the Gold Standard make other minigames pale. There's a simple reason that Castle Wars has lousy rewards:

It doesn't need them.

stormveritas.png

It is funny to me that Jagex gets so much praise for this mini-game when in fact, they had little to do with the birth of the idea. Do not get me wrong, it was implemented very well and has stood the test of time but Jagex did not create this game. I remember becoming a member in the closing months of '03 after the addition of the Official Forums. Having not ventured much from the game into helpsites (other than tip.it occassionally to get little bits of help for quests or a calculator here and there, I even remember when it had a dark age of camelot side... at least I think it was DAoC, I digress). I was excited about the forums as it was finally a way to talk to many players about the game, creating the community that I thought was missing. And I must say, the official forums were great at the begginning and that is exactly where the idea for castle wars was created. Of course it did not have a name then, nor did we really have any ideas on how it would work but the ideas of a capture the flag type game were the ideas of one gamer and not the Jagex company. I remember reading through this month + old thread and seeing the thread starter posting comments saying things along the line of "Lets keep this going, I love these ideas", "sounds great, would this be better", or "I hope this happens". It was a thread where the topic started listened to everyone and really wanted the best to come of his idea. Eventually it was pinned and the thread became huge, with ideas ranging from moat monsters to burning oil, battering rams to seige weapons. The thread starter continued his energetic approach to the idea and pushed on with the idea.

Long story short, Castle Wars was born and the thread eventually died... I just wish I could remember that guys name, he was a great idea man and made sure that everyone felt like they were involved. It is people like that that make a community enjoyable. The RSOF definitely could have used more players like that. To this day I find it hilarious that the best minigame that Jagex has created was through the ideas of its' players, I wonder why they have not gotten the hint.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I prefer pest control, its even simpler and has rewards which match time invested.

but how can you tell if you have one 100 games or 10,000,000 because after full void it gets sorta pointless

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Due to it being exactly 4 years on Saturday the 13th, the Castle wars community (a testiment to how popular cw is) is having an open event for any tipit'ers to attend if wished. Lets all wish CW a happy birthday?

Details:

Saturday, December 13th:

Time: 5pm eastern/10pm gmt

World: 157

Place: Castle Wars

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I find it fun when I'm not going for tickets.

Playing it for rewards isn't the point. Other minigames are reward based and less popular. Clearly the playerbase isn't as shallow as some say...

I still like FoG more... probably because I enjoy pwning it in F2P for easy tokens.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Why touch something that's already sucessful.

To make it more successful. But then again, it can backfire. How many times do you think Britney Spears has been touched?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Why touch something that's already sucessful.

To make it more successful. But then again, it can backfire. How many times do you think Britney Spears has been touched?

:lol: Good point, but I don't think that putting in some better rewards will touch it that much. They should be more of a thank you present to die-hard fans than a purpose to the minigame, so they should cost a lot of tickets but be very useful.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Due to it being exactly 4 years on Saturday the 13th, the Castle wars community (a testiment to how popular cw is) is having an open event for any tipit'ers to attend if wished. Lets all wish CW a happy birthday?

Details:

Saturday, December 13th:

Time: 5pm eastern/10pm gmt

World: 157

Place: Castle Wars

^

fail im leaving at 4pm -.-

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Personally, I hate the game.

Waste of time, and its never any fun, because there are usually clans of 138s with ahrim/bandos/ags/cbow combos that no matter what you wear or pray, always seem to pile you and kill you instantly.

Not to mention the rewards are junk. Untradeable armor with a protection level of rune? And dont you dare die with it...

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

It has its moments, I will admit. About two years ago, I was obsessed with the game. Still love it too. It's great fun going on a non-CW world and playing with a handful of your friends. Even after they came out with ancients and godswords (all of which, I could not use), I still liked it.

Simple and fun for the whole family (aka nearly everyone can find something to do).

The only thing that made me quit playing was the jerks that played the game. It's a game, get over yourself and your cool stats. But, you'll have that anywhere. :roll:

I only care about cabbage.

Personally, I hate the game.

Waste of time, and its never any fun, because there are usually clans of 138s with ahrim/bandos/ags/cbow combos that no matter what you wear or pray, always seem to pile you and kill you instantly.

Not to mention the rewards are junk. Untradeable armor with a protection level of rune? And dont you dare die with it...

:thumbup:

Gotta love the decorative armor though.

Kuja_Cocoa.png

what i hate more about cw is that the team is always unbalanced. you'd have one side full of barragers, GSers, barrows, and the other team is full of rune armor and lower lvls. i stopped playing cw a while ago. it's a complete waste of time, and so are the rewards IMO.

Castle wars is a pretty cool guy I guess

I usually win when I actually try, but most of the time I get distracted and just run around killing people.

Me too lol, I just can't resist killing that level 37 just standing there having no idea whats going on. I mean come on, he is asking for it. :D

Big_Stingman.png

Greatest minigame jagex has EVER created!

I spent my time there instead of skilling during my two months of member, haahaa.

I think the best part about it is that you can't really be called a noob (unless you collapse a cave on your own team) and there is no risk. Even though ancient magic costs a lot, lots of people still use it. I had to limite the amount of runes I would use per game because the first time i had ancients, I used up all my deaths in one game :lol:

When I could play, Castle Wars was something I did weekly.

I enjoy the game because of it's simplicity. It's just something very fun that passes the time.

After a few games though, I get bored.

I prefared it prior to the Graphical changes that they made, though.

It's a mini-game alot of the RS population enjoy because simply, anyone can play it.

That's what I love about it, there's no "you need X level to enter this portal".

RIP Michaelangelopolous