Zaaps1's Complete Shooting Star Guide [Update 12 Apr 09]

Zaaps1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like an epic guide to me Zapper. <3:

Unlucky im too lazy to mine stars atm eh? :P

I'm going to put some guides into my signature soon enough, this is one btw. ;)

And grats on the AoW status!

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Added a picture and a quote to kick off the guide :P

Also linked to Warriormonkx's Revenant Guide in the Safety section. Credited as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely deserved AoW completely.

Thanks to this guide, getting 80 mining was easyyyyyy. As a matter of fact... Mining is the only way I can gather level 5 clay now! O.O

I gotta say... If you're soloing stars... you gotta find worlds that Star Find is not using. When even 1 person is in Star Find in that world... it usually means they'll scout it to the channel -- not always, but usually, and it just sucks cause 30 people come and it just dies without getting much exp -.-

The worst ones where you might want to consider hopping (almost definitely should) are the Asgarnia and Misthalin stars. Those almost ALWAYS have tons of people there because they're so easy to get to.

So next stop... 85 mining... eventually? >.> <.<

Still loving the guide :)

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Definitely deserved AoW completely.

Thanks to this guide, getting 80 mining was easyyyyyy. As a matter of fact... Mining is the only way I can gather level 5 clay now! O.O

I gotta say... If you're soloing stars... you gotta find worlds that Star Find is not using. When even 1 person is in Star Find in that world... it usually means they'll scout it to the channel -- not always, but usually, and it just sucks cause 30 people come and it just dies without getting much exp -.-

The worst ones where you might want to consider hopping (almost definitely should) are the Asgarnia and Misthalin stars. Those almost ALWAYS have tons of people there because they're so easy to get to.

So next stop... 85 mining... eventually? >.> <.<

Still loving the guide :)

Yeah Star Clans seem a bit paradoxical at times, although finding an uncrowded stars, particularly those at PGT or Wild, isn't hard.

I'm glad my guide's helped you!

hey i have a question

do u see where the star lands through the telescope?

thanks

You see the approximate area, ex: Misthalian. Then you look in this guide an see which exact places it can land.

Apparently, stars don't land in lumby west mine, well that's what I've heard.

But otherwise, this is an excellent guide lol. Got me addicted to star mining everyday now.

I'm glad it helped you!

As for the Lumby star, I've heard lumby mine stars announced there, so I'm pretty sure it's there. Although I may have mistaken it for the East mine, better safe than sorry, so I'll keep that in.

An interesting guide with a lot of pictures. Thank you very much for writing it. I love to hunt stars myself and have done so several times. Now I will be using this guide next time I go on a hunt :mrgreen:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm glad it helped ::'

I've recently been active in star hunting as a diversion, and your guide is immensly helpful. Today I was all over the wildy looking for a star, traveling to each red dot on your map several times. I was really frustrated not being able to find the star (I ususally solo them) after 3 trips around. Then I read the map locations a little closer. Yes there is a drop spot in the Hobgoblin Mines, but your map does not reflect a red dot.

Thank you for taking the time to create this 10/10 guide, but could you edit the wildy maps to place a red asterick on the hobgolin mines :)

I've recently been active in star hunting as a diversion, and your guide is immensly helpful. Today I was all over the wildy looking for a star, traveling to each red dot on your map several times. I was really frustrated not being able to find the star (I ususally solo them) after 3 trips around. Then I read the map locations a little closer. Yes there is a drop spot in the Hobgoblin Mines, but your map does not reflect a red dot.

Thank you for taking the time to create this 10/10 guide, but could you edit the wildy maps to place a red asterick on the hobgolin mines :)

I've noted that I missed two locations on the wild map, although I should get around to fixing them, sorry.

Ok added Hobgoblin's to the Wild Map, yes it's out of place. That's because I editted it in Photoshop and it was the closest I could find. I did not add in Mage Bank since I have not seen one there to date, or any picture of such.

Pretty good guide 7 out of 10. My only problems were, star find is almost the only clan to make a list like that (theres plenty of others that don't), and star clans hate "leechers"! (sitting in chat and going to mine a star that you didn't help spot for) and that for alot of clans, the star wont be piled high with 15 people from that clan on it. the clan i use for example (star hunters) never has more then 7 people from the clan on a star, we run up to 4 different hunts each round, spreading out. (star find has given all clans a very bad name for piling on stars like they do)

Also, i can tell you that i have hunted stars almost every day since it came out, and have never seen or heard of seeing from someone in my clan, of stars landing in some of the spots u have listed.

For C&k it only lands in the gem mine in shilo, not by the bank.

For misthalin it doesnt land at the mine to the south west of lummy swamp, only south east.

In the M&M area, it only lands at mos'le harmless, by canifis bank, and by burg de rott bank, never at any of those other spots.

In the pgt area, it only lands by gnome stronghold bank, the mine south of piscatoris fishing colony, and south of the elf crystal tele spot in Lletya.

map mistakes:

Nat mine dot should be a little to the south east.

Coal trucks more to the east near the log.

port khazard land in the south end of the mine.

the duel arena dot is all wrong, it lands by the scoreboard, to the west of the hospital.

uzer lands to the east of dot.

rune shop lands a little to the south.

varrok east all wrong, lands by the south eastern edge of the mine (yes on the grass not in the mine)

lummy east actualy lands a little to the north of the mine.

As far as i saw those were the only mistakes.

besides those things great guide! 7/10

Pretty good guide 7 out of 10. My only problems were, star find is almost the only clan to make a list like that (theres plenty of others that don't), and star clans hate "leechers"! (sitting in chat and going to mine a star that you didn't help spot for) and that for alot of clans, the star wont be piled high with 15 people from that clan on it. the clan i use for example (star hunters) never has more then 7 people from the clan on a star, we run up to 4 different hunts each round, spreading out. (star find has given all clans a very bad name for piling on stars like they do)

Also, i can tell you that i have hunted stars almost every day since it came out, and have never seen or heard of seeing from someone in my clan, of stars landing in some of the spots u have listed.

For C&k it only lands in the gem mine in shilo, not by the bank.

For misthalin it doesnt land at the mine to the south west of lummy swamp, only south east.

In the M&M area, it only lands at mos'le harmless, by canifis bank, and by burg de rott bank, never at any of those other spots.

In the pgt area, it only lands by gnome stronghold bank, the mine south of piscatoris fishing colony, and south of the elf crystal tele spot in Lletya.

map mistakes:

Nat mine dot should be a little to the south east.

Coal trucks more to the east near the log.

port khazard land in the south end of the mine.

the duel arena dot is all wrong, it lands by the scoreboard, to the west of the hospital.

uzer lands to the east of dot.

rune shop lands a little to the south.

varrok east all wrong, lands by the south eastern edge of the mine (yes on the grass not in the mine)

lummy east actualy lands a little to the north of the mine.

As far as i saw those were the only mistakes.

besides those things great guide! 7/10

Well certainly sometimes what people announce on the chats aren't always clear. However, as I said in the Guide the reason why some of those spots are there are because I've heard them announce (yes I have) and they're on the Tip.It guide as well.

As far as the maps being wrong, I tried my best. I'll change the ones that are nowhere close, but the ones that are within a screen or so there's really no point. Once you get the general area you've pretty much got it.

Thanks, oh and by the way. With the star chats, I don't think I've encouraged "leeching". I've always helped find a star before I go to mine it (unless it's already been found), and that's what I want to try to encourage. Addressing the fact that no all clans are piled: chances are whoever is reading this is going to use a big chat. In my experience, all the chats I've used are like that. It's true that using a smaller clan with create less piled stars, but that's pretty much common sense.

Thanks again for your comments, I will add whatever I can.

I've never heard of stars there but that's ok.

I also just wanted to note that the clan i use is "star hunters" the second largest star clan next to star find with over 200 members.

Well Star Find isn't really even members who use the clans. Most of the people just pop in a random times to get a star done.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the guide :D Finaly i can get some xp in mining without killing myself at the iron ores #-o

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Thank you very much for the guide :D Finaly i can get some xp in mining without killing myself at the iron ores #-o

Glad to know that it helped you! ::'

Seriously dude, awesome guide. Whenever I feel like star hunting, I check your guide for locations and I recommend it to fellow star hunters. Keep up the good work.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Seriously dude, awesome guide. Whenever I feel like star hunting, I check your guide for locations and I recommend it to fellow star hunters. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I'm glad it helped you ::'