Skillcapes

TheDayRsDied

Peh, its all about looks and trying to one-up others anyway. Most skills outside of combat realistically don't need to be grinded to 99. Now I'm not saying that having a 99 in a skill is bad, but grinding it to 99 and buying your way to the milestone really doesn't earn you much respect from me.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I've had an untrimmed herb cape for over a year now. It amazes me how shocked people are that it's *still* untrimmed and people bug me constantly about getting another 99.

I love herblore. It's the only skill I could ever imagine getting to 99 and I have no desire to get another one anytime soon. I don't wear it because I want respect, I wear it because it was something I accomplished in the game. I actually think I get less respect wearing it because it is untrimmed but I really don't care what others think. :)

My only complaint about the cape is the constant questions "How much did you spend on herblore? How long did it take?". That can be easily solved by not wearing the cape when I'm not interested in explaining to people that it cost me NOTHING (traded pots for herbs, collected my own seconds, made too many vials to count) and I have never purchased a herb... ever. It also took FOREVER because I did everything myself (instead of buying levels).

Every sc needs to be respected,even tho they werent made for respect, even cooking or fletching(No offense to the cook and fletch cape owners as im one :D)( Yes, not fm, because it takes a long time doing it the cheap way + the clicking and waiting just bores ppl to death )uhh..wheres my point :D..ah..nvm..

gavid_duetta.png

I do 99 fletch because

1. I really like the green and the cape is green.

2. Get a littel profit to spend on other skills

3. I don't planed it, one day I trained fletch to 80, then I trained to 85, then I told to me "Ok i'm going to get 90 fletch and stop" Got 90 and trained more, I don't know why but I trained and get 99.

And if someone call me a noob for my cape because is simple to get I say "Then go and get your own".

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

I do 99 fletch because

1. I really like the green and the cape is green.

2. Get a littel profit to spend on other skills

3. I don't planed it, one day I trained fletch to 80, then I trained to 85, then I told to me "Ok i'm going to get 90 fletch and stop" Got 90 and trained more, I don't know why but I trained and get 99.

And if someone call me a noob for my cape because is simple to get I say "Then go and get your own".

How can anyone, under any circumstances, call someone with a skill cape a noob? The word has lost its meaning entirely.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• 2 weeks later...

yet another whiner who has no skillcape complaining about skillcapes

blah blah blah, it gets old

if you dont like em dont get em

i happen to love them and think they are a great thing to get for a milestone

i also think they deserve respect

agent_earl.png

agent_earl.png

ANAHEIM DUCKS

I've noticed a number of people around the game and around this board complaining that they dont recive respect for their skillcapes. Not so long ago we had no skill capes. If you were a 99, you just either proved it with high scores or just shut up about it. The skill capes, like so many other changes Jagex has made, were a big mistake. They have turned this game into a race to level 99, by a bunch of wieners who want "Respect". Who cares about "Respect"? Why cant you just play the game?

People have less respect for the Feltching and Cooking skill capes, because they just aren't as hard to get as the others. You must understand that it is harder to get a Slayer or Construction Skillcape. You can't just sit down one day, and write up a neat little plan on how you are going to get 99 Slayer or Construction in a few days, or even a week. Practically all I do in Runescape is Slayer, to train and make money, and Pvp. I have been doing this for nearly 4 years now, and I am nowhere near a 99 level in slayer.

You whiny moaners can't expect respect for having 99 in a skill that well over 50,000 people have level 99 in. If you get a skill cape for the stats that is fine, but if you go around demanding respect for a cape that takes maybe 4 days to get, you are wrong.

Feltching Nub!!!! LAWLZZ!!

Trimmed skill capes are good for pking in. Oh wait ...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

It's not about respect. It's about the journey: having a goal to strive for; having direction. My thought was, I could spend my next two months of gameplay training a variety of skills to medium levels, or I could train my fishing to 99, and have a skillcape. Nothing was holding me back at all, and I liked training fishing as much as I liked training any other skill. Furthermore, the skillcape is second only to the fire cape for combat training. Obsidian capes are ugly; skillcapes are the coolest-looking capes in the game. And while I don't necessarily have respect for skillcapes, I do have some degree of envy. Now I don't, except for summoning, which I plan on getting to 99 sometime in the distant future.

i have 3 reasons why i like skillcapes

1: they look cool

2: emotes

3: good stats

When i see skillcape, i just think: "A man with cape" And i continue to do the things that im doing atm.

P.S going for 99 thieving

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Skill capes are so overrated.

Before, everybody trained more or less what he liked. Now it's a rat race to 99. I must adimt even I have fallen for it. However, now when I finally got a few 99s, I know it's all not worth it to race after it. Let it come naturally.

I've noticed a number of people around the game and around this board complaining that they dont recive respect for their skillcapes. Not so long ago we had no skill capes. If you were a 99, you just either proved it with high scores or just shut up about it. The skill capes, like so many other changes Jagex has made, were a big mistake. They have turned this game into a race to level 99, by a bunch of wieners who want "Respect". Who cares about "Respect"? Why cant you just play the game?

People have less respect for the Feltching and Cooking skill capes, because they just aren't as hard to get as the others. You must understand that it is harder to get a Slayer or Construction Skillcape. You can't just sit down one day, and write up a neat little plan on how you are going to get 99 Slayer or Construction in a few days, or even a week. Practically all I do in Runescape is Slayer, to train and make money, and Pvp. I have been doing this for nearly 4 years now, and I am nowhere near a 99 level in slayer.

You whiny moaners can't expect respect for having 99 in a skill that well over 50,000 people have level 99 in. If you get a skill cape for the stats that is fine, but if you go around demanding respect for a cape that takes maybe 4 days to get, you are wrong.

Reading Comprehension. I never said skillcapes are bad stats. I said that you cant demand respect for a cape that took 4 days to get. I bolded the text for you. If you need help understanding the the bolded scentence, just ask, and ill walk you through it.

I have a strength cape(untrimmed), but since I actually pvp instead of playing one of those little whimpy safe games where you get to keep ur stuff, I prefer to use a legend's cape. It is a major cut to costs, especially since the drop rewards are so poor in the new pvp worlds that you can barley cover the cost of a legends cape with them.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Reading Comprehension. I never said skillcapes are bad stats. I said that you cant demand respect for a cape that took 4 days to get. I bolded the text for you. If you need help understanding the the bolded scentence, just ask, and ill walk you through it.

I have a strength cape(untrimmed), but since I actually pvp instead of playing one of those little whimpy safe games where you get to keep ur stuff, I prefer to use a legend's cape. It is a major cut to costs, especially since the drop rewards are so poor in the new pvp worlds that you can barley cover the cost of a legends cape with them.

Weird i got like 2m in 2 kills.

[hide=]Runescape before skillcapes: "I need a way to show i have 99 in a skill."

After skillcapes "Zomg people are power training just for a cape."[/hide]

Last I saw people would work for weeks to get a cape with good stats.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I've only got 1 skillcape, and my next one is 99 defence. First off, I got the 99 fm because my rsn is Burn All and a bunch of ex-clanmates and irl friends were bugging me to get 99 fm. I wanted 99 defence because it has huge potential for saving money, and its useful at gwd for tanking and clanwars.

I don't intend to train any other skills for getting 99, but to train them to reach achievement levels. Say 74 construction for oak doors. Right now, I'm 70, but 74 is just the next achievement. To me, Achieving certain milestones is far more self-gratifying than getting to 99. If anything, getting 99 in a skill (not a combat stat) is depressing, seeing as how there won't be the next thing on the notch to achieve.

Burn_All.png

None of my skills are even near level 99 and my highest skill is Strength at level 73 with attack and magic both being at level 69, but can't remember which one has more xp.

Even if I do get my 1st skill cape I don't want to demand respect from anyone just cause I got one.

Rather I want to show players that once you hit Lv. 99 in any skill and that you're a member that they can get a skill cape too.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not about respect. It's about the journey: having a goal to strive for; having direction. My thought was, I could spend my next two months of gameplay training a variety of skills to medium levels, or I could train my fishing to 99, and have a skillcape. Nothing was holding me back at all, and I liked training fishing as much as I liked training any other skill. Furthermore, the skillcape is second only to the fire cape for combat training. Obsidian capes are ugly; skillcapes are the coolest-looking capes in the game. And while I don't necessarily have respect for skillcapes, I do have some degree of envy. Now I don't, except for summoning, which I plan on getting to 99 sometime in the distant future.

How could I say it better? Oh wait, I can't.

By the way, hi pie.

I actually agree with the author on this. Why would anyone want to get a 99 skill for respect? Who cares what some kid behind a computer thinks of you? I have 2 99 skills, but I don't expect respect from anyone. If anything, wearing the dang cape is annoying as hell. People go "nice cape", "how long did it take you to get it", "how long would it take me to get 99 from __", and let's not forget this jewel: "what's your (skillcape skill) level". Now instead of wearing my skill cape with my skilling outfit, I usually just wear my regular old green cape from the MSSW3 just to avoid having to answer the mindless questions. It's just about as annoying as when people insist you tell them what your level is in whatever it happens you are doing. I do wear it for fighting though, as stats and prayer bonus are good.

Lol! You are hilarious! You know, you are obviously unable to interact and communicate with other players online. You are incensed when someone strikes up a conversation with you? I really dont want to know how you deal with real people and actual situations!

OT: Skillcape holders rarely ask for respect, and for those that do openly appeal for respect....I have no time for them! I do not care why a player strives for a certain cape eg. looks, money, as long as it is not hoping for respect, then I have no problem with it. Even if it is say 99 cooking! I would say, "nice cape" or "gratz on 99 ...." But asking/ "EXPECTING" respect is damn right pathetic!

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips