Runescape Banner with the "Sailing Cape"

Kietaro1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a trimmed def cape if anything. Didn't jagex mods already say that sailing isn't gonna happen?

They also said a Dragon Platebody wasn't going to happen. Guess what? It did anyway.

No they didn't.

"Lol, thats not a Dragon Plate, its a chain."

"Its just a blurry chain."

I remember them going on, and there were people who denied that a Dragon Plate was coming. :P

Anyway, thats a different story.

Il keep to my logic and wait untill something is announced before getting excited over it. ;)

Looks like a trimmed def cape if anything. Didn't jagex mods already say that sailing isn't gonna happen?

They also said a Dragon Platebody wasn't going to happen. Guess what? It did anyway.

No they didn't.

I remember them going on, and there were people who denied that a Dragon Plate was coming. :P

Il keep to my logic and wait untill something is announced before getting excited over it. ;)

Lol, back when those threads were around it was very funny to see it.

From what I've seen, "noobs" are waiting for a new skill. Because they can't come up with something original as a skill (Nor can I, so I won't suggest one) they go along with the crowd that are already pushing for a [developmentally delayed]ed skill.

How stupid would sailing possibly be. "Yar! We be Pirates" No, no we're not.

Thanks for going through the trouble to get us the picture anyway, Op (although, it was alot clearer in the actual banner to see there was no sailing icon.)

If anything, "Horse Riding" as suggested by alot of people would probably be alot more interesting than sailing. (maybe not, but who am I to say? They're both ridiculous.)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I would like to go on record and say that I have never had the inclination that sailing was going to be a skill. Further more after repeated comments about sailing being a skill I felt it necessary to buy the card to see if it truly had anything on the back of it to shut those that feel sailing to be a skill possibility up. There is absolutely no reason for a sailing skill and it would progress the game very little if it was in fact in development. My post was to mirror that all of the 'evidence' towards this stupidity has be debunked and needs to be done away with. Talk of sailing has not diminished and to be honest is just as bad as people referring to the 150th quest as something other than While Guthix Sleeps. Jagex never said a word about sailing nor the Grandmaster quest being the 150th. It would do these boards well to remember that.

And I like how this community is quick to jump on those that post in the wrong section and berate those that troll but, looking over this thread... I wonder what kind of double standard you guys are living by.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

What seems more logical.

A skill about driving boats.

A piece of armor that goes along with a set, and has had similar pieces come out recently. (Full helm, boots, gauntlets)

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

No they didn't.

Mmmm, I agree with Dragondanro. Sailing is a still a possibility. It could be something like Hunting where yougo around capturing ships instead of animals? I think if people open their minds, Sailing could somehow have a use in Runescape.

As for the dragon platebody: Jagex did mock the idea many times such as having Diango sell his "Dragon Plates". You never know so keep an open mind. Don't just be the one that rejects all ideas because you can't think of a good way to put a skill to use or just to spam these forums.

I get very tired of the many people on RSOF who decide to invent something like the Sailing skill with no evidence. Sure, Jagex puts hints all over their website for future updates (BTS September banner is a good example), but a blank cape is not a hint at all.

Some things I saw on RSOF:

sledding skill!! evidence!

hi everyone!!! so jagex put up the new banner! its all ice related so the new skill has to be sledding lets hope so!! the guy there is prolly wearin sledding cape! wooot ty jagex!!!

rofl...

Pretty sure this was a hacked account:

milking skill

so i just found a wallpaper on the rs site with cows and yaks and stuff and so i got thinking so theres probably going to be a milking skill think about that it would be like lvl 1 milk small cows lvl 20 big cows lvl 30 giant cows lvl 50 cow titans lvl 70 abby demons lvl 99 corporal best

what u think?

I laughed irl at that thread.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Yeah im going to have to agree with everyone here. I cant see a thing.

By the way. You spelled ad wrong. ::'

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

To be quite honest - any new skill released usually demands an inconcievable amount of time and money spent on it just to get anywhere in the Rankings. Both of which I refuse to commit to a new skill. I have neither the time, nor the sheer amount of GP a new skill demands.

Plus; any skill apart from Fishing that focuses on water simply wouldn't interest me.

"Check dis, I spent 150m on dis cruize ship thing nd i cn go frm varrock to fally by sailin it yo!"

"Yeh, I spent 320gp on these Runes and I teleported from Varrock to Fally"

'Nuff said.

To be quite honest - any new skill released usually demands an inconcievable amount of time and money spent on it just to get anywhere in the Rankings. Both of which I refuse to commit to a new skill. I have neither the time, nor the sheer amount of GP a new skill demands.

Plus; any skill apart from Fishing that focuses on water simply wouldn't interest me.

"Check dis, I spent 150m on dis cruize ship thing nd i cn go frm varrock to fally by sailin it yo!"

'Nuff said.

That's a very bold assumption. I think Sailing has a lot of potential. What makes you think that Jagex won't be adding in new islands to complement the Sailing skill? That's like saying, "If Hunting came out it would be stupid because you can only catch squirrels."

'Nuff said.

That's a very bold assumption. I think Sailing has a lot of potential. What makes you think that Jagex won't be adding in new islands to complement the Sailing skill? That's like saying, "If Hunting came out it would be stupid because you can only catch squirrels."

Hunter can be used to contribute to other skills (like ranged and agility). What would sailing be usefull for? Lets see... um, like,... travel. And oh... Travel!

priest_wiz.png

Hunter can be used to contribute to other skills (like ranged and agility). What would sailing be usefull for? Lets see... um, like,... travel. And oh... Travel!

Wow, you really need to change your name... :roll:

Anyways... you are also assuming the worst. You want compatibility with the other skills? Here you go:

Sailing to an island with...

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

All it takes is a little more creativity and a little less pessimism. I mean come on now.

no offense, but that pic is terrible quality. It can be anything on the cape. From ur picture it looks like it can be any sort of blueish cape.

But its clear enough to see that there is NO SYMBOL on the back of it, correct?

Correct.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Anyways... you are also assuming the worst. You want compatibility with the other skills? Here you go:

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

All it takes is a little more creativity and a little less pessimism. I mean come on now.

you wouldn't need sailing to get to those islands.

priest_wiz.png

well one part of the skill can be battling other ships for loot ...

something like player versus player minigame where you battle the opposite team. every player will have a part (some of them loading the cannons , some of them attacking the other ship) ... higher the lvl - better the items you can use , dealing more damage .. better loot (well it can be done as a mini game , but so is thieving imo ..)

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

Yay! =D>

But to agree with Misterknowitall, I kinda want a wc guild even though every forest is kinda a guild :lol:

Sailing could have its uses, but I think it was only an idea because it was one of Andrew Gower's favorite activities (read it somewhere on the forums recently). But still I think it's a cool idea and possibly fun.

Sailing could also be used to take down bad old pirate sips and steal their loot :lol:

'Nuff said.

And how would you travel, by a boat right? You could use woodcutting for logs, construction to make the logs into a boat, crafting to make sails, fishing while youre sailing, did you even spend more than one minute thinking about anything other than only being able to travel?

Anyways, I dont support summoning being a skill, but its pretty amusing how many people only looked at the picture and not the text under it saying that there's nothing on the cape. :thumbup:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

'Nuff said.

And how would you travel, by a boat right? You could use woodcutting for logs, construction to make the logs into a boat, crafting to make sails, fishing while youre sailing, did you even spend more than one minute thinking about anything other than only being able to travel?

Anyways, I dont support summoning being a skill, but its pretty amusing how many people only looked at the picture and not the text under it saying that there's nothing on the cape. :thumbup:

Congratulations!

You just advanced a Sailing level!

You are now level 85 Sailing!

You can now make Yew Boats and Ruby tipped sails.

Seriously, once you build 1 boat you don't have to build a second one, so there are no repeatable options as in other skills. Except if you sell all yr boats ufcourse, but that would be lame in my opinion.

priest_wiz.png

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

Yes you would. Jagex would make them inaccessible except when you try to sail there - think of Agility shortcuts and areas. Without high enough Agility, you can't even cross some of the logs.

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

Yes you would. Jagex would make them inaccessible except when you try to sail there - think of Agility shortcuts and areas. Without high enough Agility, you can't even cross some of the logs.

You just can't seem to get the point, can you now?

IF THEY DON'T MAKE A SAILING SKILL YOU CAN JUST ACCES THOSE ISLANDS THROUGH TRAVELLING (LIKE WITH CHARTER SHIPS)

wich is way much better than building an oak boat and doing it yourself.

silly

priest_wiz.png