Runescape Banner with the "Sailing Cape"

Kietaro1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off you cant see anything because your photo skills are horrible. all i see is a blob of colors. blurry much. you must use a 1 mega pixel camera from the stone age to get those results

Look at my picture then. No blur.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

It hasn't even been a year since summoning. Jagex said it takes an extremely long time to create and tinker with a skill to get it just perfect.

It was only 6 months between the construction and hunter skills, and barely over a year between hunter and summoning. It really wouldn't surprise me if a new skill comes out in the next few months.

crazykiwi - http://www.rsdrop.com

a new dragon-fireshooting skill ?

yeey , I have waited so long for this one .. imagine it ... at lvl 1 you make your dragon .. shot fire ... and lvl 10 you make your dragon shoot a bigger fire , at lvl 20 you make your dragon shoot a bigger and long ranged fire (see where I'm going with this ? imagine the armageddon at lvl 99 ...)

since I know 50% of the ppl here wont get it - it was a sarcasm (check the dictionary for this one)

This could bring back the wilderness? Making the sea a pvp area. There could be 100-200 of mini islands avaible, more runecrafting altars, monsters, trees. Players could fight one another when meeting on the sea. Higher sailing levels could mean bigger ships with better armour/defence/crew and could travel deeper into the sea.

I don't see why Sailing would be a bad skill, all of you just look for the bad side of it:

FM: Woo! I light a log! what now?

Theiving: Zomg 1 gp frm men!@ i r rich lul

Hunter: zomg i r catch a pikachuuu

Runecrafting: i r crefted 2 fire ruenz lol, free 1 fire streke

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My thoughts:

justacapeyf2.jpg

I think sailing is coming. This image is too convincing.

I fail to see how thats convincing. Its most definatly something to do with the dragon slayer quest, and you ride on a boat to get to the island right? Its a blue cape forgoodness sake, if the cape had a boat on it and/or he was stearing the ship then maybe il think diferently. If you come to think of it tho sailing (like in windwaker/Phantom hourglass) would be cool. And having dogfights on PVP worlds would be great.

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

My thoughts:

justacapeyf2.jpg

I think sailing is coming. This image is too convincing.

I fail to see how thats convincing. Its most definatly something to do with the dragon slayer quest, and you ride on a boat to get to the island right? Its a blue cape forgoodness sake, if the cape had a boat on it and/or he was stearing the ship then maybe il think diferently. If you come to think of it tho sailing (like in windwaker/Phantom hourglass) would be cool. And having dogfights on PVP worlds would be great.

justacapeyf2jv9.jpg

What's that he's holding onto? Certainly it can't be the boat?!

To everyone else:

We all thought hunter was a stupid skill to, because we instantly assumed it would be about catching a pig or something. Jagex turned it into a skill people love and have fun with. It's foolish to say it won't come because it's stupid or has nothing to add to the game, because that's what the developers are for.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I never nticed that, you never know sailing might come out after all. Still tho im not convinced.

Oh and i never said sailing would be stupid.

EDIT:

That might just be something to keep him balanced so he doesnt fall in on big waves (they held rope attached to boats back then i think) or he might be steering the boat with it

tipit_grid1.png

I never nticed that, you never know sailing might come out after all. Still tho im not convinced.

EDIT:

That might just be something to keep him balanced so he doesnt fall in on big waves (they held rope attached to boats back then i think) or he might be steering the boat with it

Oh sorry, in that part of my post I wasn't directly referring to you. :oops:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

EDIT:

Oh sorry, in that part of my post I wasn't directly referring to you. :oops:

dont worry, oh and the more i look at it, the more it seems hes just holding that rope to keep himself balanced.

tipit_grid1.png

It's foolish to say it won't come because it's stupid or has nothing to add to the game, because that's what the developers are for.

Exactly. For some reason, people just can't seem to get past that. Most of the assumptions on here about how the skill would be are far too negative.

Personally.. It just looks like a hood to the cape, folded and creased a bit. Or the ripples or something on it.

He's on a boat because he's travelling across water? Simple.

Doesn't seem to be anything more to it to me, just like the Christmas made it seemed like those mamooth & yeti outlands were coming, when all we got was some crappy christmas yeti.

Agreed with "me," just a cape.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Sailing lol? That would be such a waste of a skill.

If you look at it that way, every skill could be an waste. What is the point of slaying? Killing monsters otherwise killable without the skill? Farming, plant a bunch of trees? I don't think many of us thought of the possibility of growing herbs to make a profit. There's nothing in Runescape at the moment that make sailing a god send, but that certainly doesn't mean things can't be added.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

If you look at it that way, every skill could be an waste. What is the point of slaying? Killing monsters otherwise killable without the skill? Farming, plant a bunch of trees? I don't think many of us thought of the possibility of growing herbs to make a profit. There's nothing in Runescape at the moment that make sailing a god send, but that certainly doesn't mean things can't be added.

a few more points to back up laura:

It could be a great way to:

Introduce new minigames/quests and style of gameplay.

Also, at one point in time im sure i saw sailing in the highscores, and then jagex removed like 5 mins later.

tipit_grid1.png

Also, at one point in time im sure i saw sailing in the highscores, and then jagex removed like 5 mins later,then i woke up.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Also, at one point in time im sure i saw sailing in the highscores, and then jagex removed like 5 mins later,then i woke up.

No it definatly happend.

tipit_grid1.png

[hide=rumors, rumors, rumors]

No it definatly happend.

[/rumors]

This reminds me of a few months ago when someone faked an image of a new prayer on the KB prayer guide, calling it "Crystal of Seren" with an image of a crystal shield on it, and it was basically all 3 protect prayers combined. This prayer was supposedly a reward from MEP3 and that it was an accidental leak and was removed quickly. Prices of several types of bones actually went up a bit, rumors spread like wildfire, and several j mods had to step in to cool everything off.

The last thing I'd trust over the web is an image. Editing is far too easy these days to take an image as truth.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.