Closed.

Veritas94

I cast a water blast. It fails to connect. I cast bind, and run for two steps before he is on me. I repeatedly fail to get away and die from a level sixty five who still had his adamant armor on. My magic level is level sixty eight. In free to play, magic is so absurdly underpowered that I don't even bother buying even one hundred death runes, knowing that I'll probably die in the tenth cast. The only spell that is used by the bulk who even trains magic is teleporting, which to me defeats the triangle. I agree with elusefier that magic is underpowered.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cast a water blast. It fails to connect. I cast bind, and run for two steps before he is on me. I repeatedly fail to get away and die from a level sixty five who still had his adamant armor on. My magic level is level sixty eight. In free to play, magic is so absurdly underpowered that I don't even bother buying even one hundred death runes, knowing that I'll probably die in the tenth cast. The only spell that is used by the bulk who even trains magic is teleporting, which to me defeats the triangle. I agree with elusefier that magic is underpowered.

Hint: try fighting people your own level. Yes, a 35 mage will probably lose to a 65 meleer. And believe it or not, a 130 mage (if such a thing was possible) will probably beat a 65 meleer. Also, you must be experiencing a bug with your bind spells; the time is 5 seconds, and at the standard 4 squares per minute run rate, you should be able to run 20 squares instead of two. I would report it so they can get that fixed and you can experience the full power of FTP mage :thumbsup:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Compfreak, I'm actually 6 levels above the level 65, and it was a crowded day there at Lumbridge. I was actually clicking on the people instead of the ground. I always forget that the map is a way to move too. If this has been updated than please forgive me, but the receiver of the bind spell is frozen before I finish casting. Even with that disadvantage and my ineptitude, shouldn't I win?

Compfreak, I'm actually 6 levels above the level 65, and it was a crowded day there at Lumbridge. I was actually clicking on the people instead of the ground. I always forget that the map is a way to move too. If this has been updated than please forgive me, but the receiver of the bind spell is frozen before I finish casting. Even with that disadvantage and my ineptitude, shouldn't I win?

Nope. With 59 mage, you will be 34-35 combat. Compare apples to apples, not apples to a hydrogen bomb.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My attack is 58, my strength is 65, and my defense is 50

That's nice to know. Thanks for sharing.

Now, as I was saying, a level 59 mage should be under 35 combat, and should be compared to meleers as such.

DeviledEgg24.png

Why should they be compared to meleers as such? I'm pretty sure that this particular fighter didn't train only his strength. He trained some other skills as well. Probably Attack and defense, and maybe prayer.

Because none of those skills, with the semi-exception of defense, are going to help him as a mager. It's like saying a level 136 with 14 range can't defeat a 136 meleer with maxed melees, and therefore range is inferior.

DeviledEgg24.png

To rephrase what compfreak is trying to say, if you are going to mage someone and you have 59 mage, your combat level (if you were pure mage with maybe some defense and prayer) would be around 35-40 (depending on the prayer and defense levels). A level 35-40 combat that only trains mage would be able to own a level 35-40 combat only melee trainer.

I.e. the two stats would be

you

59 Mage

1 Attack

1 Strength

1 Def

32 Hp

the other guy

1 Mage

32 Attack

32 Str

32 Def

32 Hp

Hope that clears up your little dispute.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Look at range. Range is a huge boost to low leveled magic. At 82 magic, 82 range will get you alot of hitpoints xp. This way mages can have high hp.

But magers want low HP...

DeviledEgg24.png

Look at range. Range is a huge boost to low leveled magic. At 82 magic, 82 range will get you alot of hitpoints xp. This way mages can have high hp.

High hp puts their combat higher, which pits them against meleers that are above their mage combat level. Having high hp is a huge disadvantage to mages. The goal is to have a low combat and high mage so as to be able to kill people within that combat bracket in 3-4 hits.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Locked by request.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]