Hardest Skills To Master - List

Howdydee2003

I wouldn't say that there are actually 400,000 cape owners out there, but rather that's the amount of people who actually got the 99. Remember that there are people who dislike buying capes and that a large portion of that number are F2Pers.

Exactly. Doubt people will actually buy all the capes once they get more 99's. Personally I wouldn't know why I'd want a rubbish fletch or cook cape.

I have 16 99's but only one cape (mining). You can only wear one, so I don't need more.

You can wear 1 and stick the rest in ur house, which is what i do

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only wear one, so I don't need more.
True but when you operate it you get a +1 bonus for a while which is usefull when woodcutting or fishing for example.

Ever heard about fishing potion? admiral pie? the fish cape gives a rubbish bonus. As for woodcutting, I'm pretty sure ava's accumulator would give you more profit creating arrows than the +1 bonus. The only thing going for any skill cape is the prayer bonus (over fire cape) when trimmed and the thing people call "internet pride" for having a 99.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

#4 Herblore - 1,557

-A 99 I would LOVE to have, Just Really Pricey.

#3 Runecraft - 1,224

-I do not think anyone has mastered this by themselves and without runners, I might be wrong but I doubt it. If you have runners, quite easy but very tedious.

#2 Construction - 970

-Cool when it was first introduced. Watched many people spend millions Maxing this out, another waste of time in my book.

#1 Summoning - 812

-Very tough to collect charms and have all the Cash. But, it is the latest skill added

One thing - exactly when was runecrafting released?

Here's my entire deal with this, f2p has a much larger base than members. I'm betting that around 3% of all accounts created are member, or have been member. If you consider that runecrafting is a f2p skill too, and of 100 million accounts, only 1,224 people have it.... that's about a thousandth of a percent of all accounts have 99 runecrafting.

As for construction, let's be generous and say that there are 30 million members. That would mean that 3 hundredths of a percent have it - and 30 million was x10 more generous than my initial estimate. There's a similar number for summoning. Also, both of these skills have been out for less time, and in that less amount of time they've collected so many more skill capes.

If no new skills are released, in the next 2 years, I expect that runecrafting will be #1 on the list, hands down.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

#4 Herblore - 1,557

-A 99 I would LOVE to have, Just Really Pricey.

#3 Runecraft - 1,224

-I do not think anyone has mastered this by themselves and without runners, I might be wrong but I doubt it. If you have runners, quite easy but very tedious.

#2 Construction - 970

-Cool when it was first introduced. Watched many people spend millions Maxing this out, another waste of time in my book.

#1 Summoning - 812

-Very tough to collect charms and have all the Cash. But, it is the latest skill added

One thing - exactly when was runecrafting released?

Here's my entire deal with this, f2p has a much larger base than members. I'm betting that around 3% of all accounts created are member, or have been member. If you consider that runecrafting is a f2p skill too, and of 100 million accounts, only 1,224 people have it.... that's about a thousandth of a percent of all accounts have 99 runecrafting.

As for construction, let's be generous and say that there are 30 million members. That would mean that 3 hundredths of a percent have it - and 30 million was x10 more generous than my initial estimate. There's a similar number for summoning. Also, both of these skills have been out for less time, and in that less amount of time they've collected so many more skill capes.

If no new skills are released, in the next 2 years, I expect that runecrafting will be #1 on the list, hands down.

rc came with rs2

v49y88.png

Quite frankly, the only useful thing that came of this thread was being able to see how many 99s there are. Now, your opinions are your own opinions, but you pass around the word pointless like it's candy. I'm sorry, but how is 99 Prayer pointless? On monsters, slayer tasks and boss hunting 99 prayer is superior when you need prayer to defeat something. Allows you to stay longer and you get more out of the cash you spend on prayer potions. Many people have maxed Runecrafting and THEN some without runners or even the ZMI. Don't act like you know for a fact no one has because I have 3 very close friends on Runescape I watched go from level 1 to 99 completely by themselves, earning phats and such in the process.

Again, your opinion, but while I say mining is definitely one of the most difficult skills to get to 99, it doesn't mean it is. I mean...the reason so few have 99 though it's been out since rsc is because it's mainly a skill used by free to play players and new players to members. Once you get involved in other skills members has to offer you lose the glimmer that mining once had. Also, it is very monotonous and is one of the most limited skills in the game. It's exactly like woodcutting because of the limited amount of resources you can use it to gather, only woodcutting is trained more because you only have to click once to get many, many logs AND they give far more exp than mining does.

I don't know. I just hate it when players have such strong opinions on things they seem to really know nothing about.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

A lot of this really depends on your perspective while leveling. For powerleveling, the slowest skill is probably slayer: it's very difficult to get more than 15-20k slayer experience per hour with any reliability.

That said, I really have enjoyed training slayer, and don't find it a bore at all, since there is loads of variety.

Mining is also likely the hardest skill to level honestly, but I shudder to think how many high leveled-miners reached unprecedented levels while mining pure essence / iron / coal through nefarious / illegal means (automining, etc.). That said, I hesitate to offer too much awe when I come across someone with a mining cape, which is really sad because if done honestly is an amazing achievement.

stormveritas.png

I really wish they would rework mining so its more in line with fishing and woodcutting. They clearly cant because it would ruin the capes of all the people who actually did the one click one rock rout. I hate mining and ill only get that cape when i hate myself....

Fools_Taco.png

The reason why some skills may seem easier to others is because of personal preference. To me, Firemaking is extremely easy as I love the skill. But for those who dislike clicking or having to pay attention all the time, it's a terrible skill to train, nevermind Carpal tunnel. For me, I find melee training difficult. Why? I am not one of those people who can just sit back and train on monsters that barely hit. For me, I'd like monsters that I can get proper rewards from and that hit frequently enough that I have to pay attention.

j0xPu5R.png

this is all based on opinion and what skills you like to do because for me firemaking and fletching would be some of the hardest because i hate those skills.

Haha! You have to be kidding.

Firemaking and Fletching is basically:

Click. Click. Click.

Bank.

Click. Click. Click

Bank.

RSI

RSI

Click. Click. Click.

RSI

Bank.

Click. Click. Click.

Cape.

Skills where you need to go out and make an effort and takes more then two weeks to get, such as Slayer, Summoning, Runecrafting and Mining are actually worth being placed on the Hardest Skills list.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Runecrafting is so hard... I've been at it all night and I'm almost at tears and I've still got 43 more levels to go before 99. The FoG visits to get the tokens for more earth gloves breaks it up a bit but it's turning into a nightmare :ohnoes:

Easiest skill is probably fletching, cooking and woodcutting for me tbh.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Nice lists here, and I can say I learned something with these. I was surprised to see only 11K people had 99 fishing, I thought it was more than that. Anyway I might be wrong, but in my opinion the hardest skill to master is Farming, "mad props" to anyone with 99 in that.

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

When you divide each number by the time it has been out for, you get a better idea of how often someone gets that skill to 99. By the way, your list is missing out number 17, you forgot the Woodcutting skill.

Strength - 61,746

Cooking - 56,298

Fletching - 54,591

Attack - 47,582

Hitpoints - 38,415

Defence - 31,958

Ranged - 24,737

Woodcutting - 22,806

Magic - 22,107

Firemaking - 17,552

Fishing - 11,177

Thieving - 6,761

Prayer - 6,693

Crafting - 3,741

Smithing - 2,490

Mining - 1,718

Herblore - 1,557

10th July 2002 I think, I got from earliest update in news archive.

Hunter - 6,211

21st November 2006

Slayer - 2,732

26th January 2005

Farming - 2,503

11th July 2005

Agility - 1,927

12th December 2002

Runecraft - 1,224

Unsure, around 17th February 2004 I think

Construction - 970

31st May 2006

Summoning - 812

15th January 2008

When these are divided by the amount of years the skill has been out for, you get:

24)Strength - 9664.361063

23)Cooking - 8827.302744

22)Fletching - 8544.4747

21)Attack - 7447.439966

20)Hitpoints - 6012.639365

19)Defence - 5002.002573

18)Ranged - 3871.786021

17)Woodcutting - 3569.549743

16)Magic - 3460.143654

15)Hunter - 3006.651194

14)Firemaking - 2747.204117

13)Fishing - 1749.401801

12)Thieving - 1058.218268

11)Prayer - 1047.575043

10)Summoning - 846.8

9)Farming - 729.7084665

8)Slayer - 703.2299013

7)Crafting - 585.5338765

6)Smithing - 389.7298456

5)Construction - 381.5193966

4)Agility - 320.7273142

3)Mining - 268.8979417

2)Runecrafting - 253.6967632

1)Herblore - 243.698542

Now the numbers are not exact, as more people will have gotten them to 99 recently and I didn't bother to include the extra day from the leap year/s. However, this guives a very good indiction regardless. Keep in mind, this doesn't show how hard the skill is, instead it shows the average players per year who get it to 99. That can be influenced by many factors including time it would take to get 99, cost and liking of this skill.

The numbers that played back in early RS is alot lower as well, so really to be more accurate you'd have to factor in the number of people who played, if its a member of a f2p skill etc...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

there are quick ways to level all skills runecrafting included yeah you can do it without runners but its also doable with runners meaning that its not that difficult you just didnt choose to level it fastest way.

summoning cant be very easy because collecting the charms for 99 with bursting takes ages let alone the training of the skill afterwards to 99 and the money gathering of 250m which some people have not reached in 5 years of playing...#

if you consider all the factors for training skills, time for the money to raise that skill, how quick it is etc the list would be very different.

I haven't even hit 30m cash value in 4 years :lol:.

sculpin_ipa.png

there are quick ways to level all skills runecrafting included yeah you can do it without runners but its also doable with runners meaning that its not that difficult you just didnt choose to level it fastest way.

summoning cant be very easy because collecting the charms for 99 with bursting takes ages let alone the training of the skill afterwards to 99 and the money gathering of 250m which some people have not reached in 5 years of playing...#

if you consider all the factors for training skills, time for the money to raise that skill, how quick it is etc the list would be very different.

I haven't even hit 30m cash value in 4 years :lol:.

I've been playing for 8 years (i think) (since the halloween mask drop whenever that was) and the max i made my first mill last year and right now i chill at around 2 mill. (max i've had is 3 mill).

So yeah as you can guess i don't have any 99s (and i'm not close lol)

The numbers that played back in early RS is alot lower as well, so really to be more accurate you'd have to factor in the number of people who played, if its a member of a f2p skill etc...

That is true, but I have no idea how to change the numbers to accurately reflect this. While in the early years the amount of people getting say 99 Strength would be less than 1,000 (not based on any facts though), and in the past year up to maybe 14k. The amount of players getting 99 in a skill will increase exponentially. Also if you take into account about it being members or not, is also a factor but one that cannot be accounted for. At a rough guess, were the f2p/p2p part be added in, it would make the number 1 skill either Runecrafting or Mining. You would immediately think it is Runecrafting, however the difference between f2p and p2p isn't only number of players, but also the difference in training. Also, mining has been out for a longer period of time (not that much longer, but still longer).

So just because a skill is members only, doesn't change how difficult it is, only changing the amount of players able to get it. That was the point of my list, it wasn't to show difficulty, but the least earned capes over timed. That will usually have some reflection to 'hardness' also. Another vital factor that i've not seen anyone bring up, is the definition of hard. Different people find different things hard. Someone may find Construction hard, simply because it is expensive and they cannot afford it. Someone may find Runecrafting hard as it is a very precise skill and requires attention. Someone may find Fishing hard because there is little to keep you entertained (boredom).

ydrasil.png

Sorry but basing your facts on numbers is wrong because there are many factors that go hand in hand with why skills aren't as popular as others.

summoning - hasn't been around longer than most skills but it is easier than slayer because, for example, all you have to do is kill 40K waterfiends (no assigned monsters, less bank trips for special equipment, less teleporting, basically less time) and spend up large on the shards to get the exp.

slayer - there are more people training slayer just for the shear fact that everyone wants a free abyssal whip at level 85, not to mention a l33t black with red trim cape at 99 (that was one of the reasons why I wanted the cape, just coz it was a black with red trim cape LOL)

farming - if you're rich it can take much less time, but not all of us are, which is why it obviously shows up harder on the hiscores.

You see basing your facts on numbers isn't always correct, there are other factors why more/less people train the skill to 99, whether it's money (main reason), time, experience you can get, or just because it has way more benefits than other skills (whips at 85 slayer for example, look how many players have high slayer now - surprise, that's probably the reason!)

I'd say slayer would be 1st or 2nd (I know from experience, it took me roughly a whole year without doing any other skills to get it to 99), runecraft could be #1 though because it is a pain in the cabbage to train mainly due to the fact that the exp is pathetic to say the least, but other skills could also be #1 so in reality we will never know.

2vuhgcn.png