Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Skill Capes vs. Quest Skill Cape

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

Panzerlord
[ Display Name History ]

Panzerlord

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Quest Cape is more impressive.

Fm'ing skillcape: "wewt, I can click logs \:D/"

Quest Cape: requires a variety of skills and mindsets to complete :thumbsup:

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Quest Cape is more impressive.

Fm'ing skillcape: "wewt, I can click logs \:D/"

Quest Cape: requires a variety of skills and mindsets to complete :thumbsup:

Same could be said.

Skillcape: Woot I work hard for my skill.

Quest Cape: I read guides all day long.

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.
I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.
PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.
My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Lord_Shalaj
[ Display Name History ]

Lord_Shalaj

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 285 posts
So the old debates start again..

To be completely honest, not so long ago, I used to believe Quest Cape is one of easiest capes and not worth any respect. (Note, it was long ago). Now when I have actually acquired it, I think differently.

As I see it, Quest Cape and Skill Capes shouldn't be compared at all. Just because they belong to the category of capes doesn't make them comparable. Quest Cape is entirely different, it relies on skills to get all quests done. Few skills rely on quests to get started (though of course, if you want the most efficient route the necessary quests are a must).

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj
[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

Posted Image

"What will come, will come..
..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide
A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
True.

Its like comparing oranges and orange juice.(Juice ftw)

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.
I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.
PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.
My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
my friend that was a high level player with alot of 99s got a quest cape today it took him about a month from 80 quest left all the hard ones dt, rfd, and me2 and wgs, so like 92-99 in a skill he told me it was one of the easier capes to him.

but 92-99 in a month thats comparable to 50k/hr skills like agil, fish, mining it was easier because it didnt have the grind of those but it still took a month!

so that would kinda rank quest cape with woodcutting cape but not with cooking/fletching

but they really cannot be compared.

10 99s and no quest cape here i personally hate quest ...

DThreeYMEForFree
[ Display Name History ]

DThreeYMEForFree

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
i am not going to quote anyone this time...even tho many ppl have the same veiws as me on this subject :) i myself have a questcape....which i love btw....and its not like skillcape ...its easier but yet its juss as hard as skillcape in a few ways because like someone said....quests are always changing and the adventure is different every quest..that's one of the reasons its easier ...its not repetitive and its not as boring as using a knife on a log to fletch forever.....thats one one of the reasons i got questcape...for one i loved questin and secondly i liked how the adventure is different all the time..i think skillcape is more respectable tho because i give major props to someone who can click tinderbox on logs till 99 fm.....so sum skills i think are more respectable but others not quite as much.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

We Don't Choose Our Birth, And We Don't Choose Our Death......

Posted Image
Posted Image

ObigynKenobi
[ Display Name History ]

ObigynKenobi

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Clan:1manclan
neither are very impressive, really... anyone can quest as long as they can follow a quest guide. and skilling just involves mindless clicking for the most part, which is more patience, focus and time, rather than any sort of real-life talent. still, i have quest cape and work towards certain skillcapes.... :roll:
my sig is cooler than ur sig

Evaluate
[ Display Name History ]

Evaluate

Game, Set, Match

• Members
  • 365 posts

This is a game designed for those -10 years old.

That's not entirely true, as Runescape is rated for 13+ players. Sure, the puzzles may not be rubix cube difficulty, but they do tease your mind. As an owner of the quest cape, I have to say the only time I have a great amount of pride in my cape is the day or two after a new quest comes out, before any written guide has been released.

OT: I view the quest cape as a separate achievement from skillcapes. As A Local Guy was saying, it's difficult to compare them, as they require two very different objectives. Skillcapes show your dedication to a skill, whereas the quest cape shows your dedication to delve deeper into the game than most ever do. They all deserve the same amount of respect, regardless of what cape it is.
7 years 'scape knowledge and counting
Posted Image
99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

kudos6969
[ Display Name History ]

kudos6969

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 556 posts
  • RSN:69er is best
level 70 is 5% of 99 and if you look at the total stats needed there far from all being 70+ which meaining its alot easier to get a skill cape than quite a few of the 99's, obviously ones like cooking and fletching are easier than the quest cape but most of the capes imo are harder to get.
Posted Image

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

platinum1004
[ Display Name History ]

platinum1004

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Location:wandering around aimlessly not sure what to do next
  • RSN:platinum1004
i view the quest cape as comparable with a skill cape, easier than some and harder than others. getting a skill is not necessarily just grinding away (i appreciate some are at various stages) but skills can have other dependencies to make the achievement more efficient - eg quest rewards boosting exp rates or supporting skills.

for the quest cape you need reasonably high level in a multitude of skills and the same is true for efficient skilling.

is the slayer cape equal to the quest cape or fletching cape in awesomeness - not in my book i rank slayer first and fletching last in this example

i recognise you can buy some skills just like you can read and follow a guide blindly - but that doesnt mean the person you are demeaning has. for the majority of my fletching (to 96 then got bored and left it for 18 months until completed) I cut logs, picked flax, spun bow string and fletched - does that make my fletch cape nooby, not to me it doesnt . i did pretty much buy my cooking cape although i also managed to make an awesome profit on it so i feel i have the experience of a bought skill, several worked hard for skills and my quest cape to base my comments upon.

i actually rank my 81 herblore achievement above my cooking cape as its taken me longer to get and i did more of the growing herbs & collecting seconds myself.

i know you wanted a debate for and against but im personally sick of the arguement

its equal, get over it and respect people rather than dis them

Ilufyou
[ Display Name History ]

Ilufyou

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Star x ice
  • Clan:/
I have the Answer on All problems :thumbsup:

Don't wear any cape at all :lol:

Be proud and wear the tip.it-cape <3:

Posted Image
65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64
Posted Image
82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

Posted Image
CLICK ME.
If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

Posted ImageThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

DMJUGGALO
[ Display Name History ]

DMJUGGALO

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
To be honest skill capes take alot longer to get and much harder i believe. Not to mention costly in some areas in that category. Quests are there to help us break the dreaded repetition to get xp for that elusive 99..becuase if every1 really thinks down deep and looks. We all want 99s in some sort of skill and in most cases 2 at least ..for that trim and extra splash of color. Plus skill capes can prove to the whole community that this character is a dedicated player. So what my goal is in Geilinor is to keep doing quests the day they come out and continually get more 99's. In the long run I will have more capes than those that do not do either or. And hopefully have more respect in the world I live there.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

mr42
[ Display Name History ]

mr42

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts
I will have to say quest cape ....... BUT ....... That depends on how you got it.

People like me that have done every quest without a guide. no hints or tricks. worked it all out for myself. that is more impressive than most skill capes (allthough i still think prayer/smithing(/that UN-trimmed HP cape i once saw) are more impressive)

But as the majority of ppl seem to do nowerdays is just follow guides. tick the boxes not even pay atention to the "story" of the quest. that is even worse then the (no offence :? ) COOKING CAPE!!!

so it depends really.

EDIT + ADDITIONAL below

Posted Image

mrdoctorsir
[ Display Name History ]

mrdoctorsir

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 59 posts
I don't think we're discussing someone who hasn't finished every quest when we talk about quest capes, the same goes for skill capes so i say there's no reason to compare them as partially done

I say the quest cape is more impressive, it never really seemed like this before i realized how high you actually have to get your skills to finish every quest, and the exp combined can equal more than any skillcape, also once you get a skill cape you have a skill cape, unlike with quests where if Jagex decides to come out with another quest you have to do it to get you cape back

I really have to say the skill cape is more impressive
As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

Posted Image
yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

wab
[ Display Name History ]

wab

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 251 posts
first off all i'm questcape owner.

on the day jagex released the things called "achievement capes" rs got ruined in my opinion. 99% of it's players, low&high, got the 99 sickness.

alot buying alot of materials to see number as 99, nicely cape. togheter with pk change (old wildy...) and this, prices of our items are changed forever. and players continue to get ingame by only targets of 99, or even worse, 200m xp.

anyways, same things accured for quests too, there still people who need that "obby cheaper cape" that'll read guides to do it cause it's easier for them, and that's really sad (well maybe not after wgs).

^^ biggest problem in rs, for all the ranters. anyways, still theres guys who quest in the fun and deserve way without guides. theres still guides that wc for fletch, rc for mage, mine for smith, and making their own things instead of "buying a skill". these guys do need respect, sadly, these days almost every cape anyone wearing not saying me anything =/

p.s. someone said summoning skill is same as con - just alot of money. well i would wanna say that jagex saved that skill and made it one that'll require both time&cash: you must get all the charms first...heres one of the only lvls no way how you get it, you deserve it 8-)

Tribbleman
[ Display Name History ]

Tribbleman

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • RSN:Tribbleman
Being a quest cape owner I will be biased... :P

I say the quest cape is better than those skills that you just do countless clicking just to reach 99 (firemaking, fletching, cooking, etc. you get the point). Otherwise, skills such as, well, I dont know, combat capes or SLAYER for instance, are a slap in the face to the quest cape :lol:

Posted Image
PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09
Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1
Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

TheXxzlx2
[ Display Name History ]

TheXxzlx2

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 68 posts
All Skillcapes are above the quest cape, but that doesn't mean the quest cape is worthless, it takes much time and effort too.

warren211
[ Display Name History ]

warren211

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Epic Warren
  • Clan:Lady Heinous cc
There are a few capes that I think are better than quest cape and a few that are just plain overused. Firemaking, woodcutting, fletching, fishing, and cooking are all capes that no longer have that "omg 99" appeal to other players. There are just too many of em. No skill is involved with those capes, just money and patience. And you don't even need a combat requirement, so you see a lot of level 3s with those capes that just kill the glory of owning the capes.

The quest cape requires some pretty high stats in a lot of skills to meet requirements of the higher level quests. By the time you have a quest cape, you're likely to have most skills 60+ and high combat stats. Plus, skills like cooking and fletching don't involve defeating lv 150+ monsters and solving gigantic puzzles and running amuk around Runescape.

But then there are some more respectable skillcapes. I personally think the slayer cape is one of them. Slayer is an incredibly long skill to train especially if none of your combat stats are maxed, and there's no way a level 3 is going to get it unless they have 2 years to spend killing crawling hands with rings of recoil. Summoning is also a good cape because the charms almost require combat to get unless you theive them from some certain chest I hear about, but their charm rate was nerfed. The combat skillcapes like attack, str, mage, and range are ok except there are a lot of pures with them.

But all of this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of players who worked hard for some of those capes that the level 3s have ruined the name of and thus deserve more recognition. I've seen players with the audacity to walk up to a level 120 with a cooking cape and say "lmao noob skillcape" which I think is just stupid. Any 99 is good and takes incredible patience and possibly loads of money to get, but it's just that some capes have been overused and lose their appeal to other players.

Posted Image
Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

yuyu1234567
[ Display Name History ]

yuyu1234567

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
Well, to be honest I find the the Quest Cape from impressive than most 99 skill capes. But, for me it's different, I'm proud of my Wc and Fletching cape. Hell, they both took me 5 months since I cut the yews and then used them to get 99 fletching. Sure, most people do willows and just buy fletching, which is the reason there are so many of them, but I got it the hard way and that's why I think that 99 Wc\fletch is way harder.

Also, last time I checked I could do 7 quests in 1 day. There are only a handful of 'hard' quests to be honest. Not trying to say quest cape is easy, but it's really not that hard.

Yuyu_1234567

oake
[ Display Name History ]

oake

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 256 posts
Zomg! there will be a tresure trail cape! :^o the clues that you solve will get you exp. :ohnoes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users