What do F2Pers actually deserve?

sees_all1

There are so many free to play games constantly spewed out from South Korea funded by cash shop systems. In other words, you can play the full game for free, but paying members get better items. Thus, Jagex needs to compete harder for new players.

The only thing worth doing in f2p was pking in the wildy. Members would come to f2p to pk because equipment was equal and the way to win was to be organized. Now with PvP Worlds, noone comes to f2p to pk because it's very hard to kill anyone without them running away or teleporting. Thus, f2p deserves access to teleblock not only for themselves but also so members can enjoy a different style of pking.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex look at it from all angles though. You have to remember they have the players that are already paying to play in which they need to bring updates out for, if not the game would go stale and then subscriptions would come to an end and perhaps not be extended thus losing members. However on the other hand they need to entice players that aren't paying to pay for the game.

I think Jagex should give F2P'ers some updates, like the odd minigame, but they need to consider making the games good enough for F2P to enjoy but limited enough to make them want to pay for membership and get the full potential, then realise how much better P2P is rather than F2P and stay subscribed, which is why I feel Members obviously deserve a LOT more updates than F2P and yes they deserve a few better items for PK'ing, but I don't feel they should get even one update a month, maybe one in every few months at most..

But they could do with a better quest involving a better monster. I saw someone suggest a Dragon Slayer 2, which would be ideal to impliment new dragon-hides into the game for rangers in F2P.

Hudsonl23.png

Hudsonl23.png

I am a f2per and here are my thoughts

i have read through this list and i agree f2p doesnt deserve anything. but i think the adverts will pay for what f2pers use so jagex only thinks of us as future potential profits. But jagex would need more f2p updates ( not alot maybe 1 every 2-3 months and they dont have to be huge) to lure people to get members.

sp here are my thoughts on what what should be done

1 corrupt dragon was the worst update ever. no f2per will pay 5M for something that lasts half an hour.

2. GOP this shouldnt have been f2p update even though i have done it. and i do like the rc robes since they give good bonuses without needing to recharge.

3 FOG was a good update but it made magic free something i always disagreed with. plus all the rewards frim this game are horible.

4 skill capes for f2p would be a good idea. only for f2p skills though. still keeping the 99k to pay for them too

5 crafting chaos would be good but for members it would stop them from making them completely

6 rune arrows and yew bow for f2p. rune arrows are rune and all rune things (cept for claws and spears) are free. and nonmembers can cut yews and burn them so why cant we use one as a bow.

7 also range and mage need better def bonuses. a melee person can just run up and 3 hit any range/mager the 5 second freeze wont do anything considering mages have to rune back then attack again.

8 My thoughts on the combat triangle are simple magic has no def so its on bottom. range is in middle owning mage and doing zero on melee. to even this out give mage some better def bonuses maybe not 100 for everything but more than 20.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

As a F2P'er who has never had membership, I say that F2P'ers deserve absolutely nothing, now and for all time.

Sure, we view ads. But on the other hand, we increase their server load. Since revenue from ads is probably almost nothing per person, I say that Jagex doesn't 'owe' free players any money. Either it balances out, or it's a small difference, and that's nothing compared to 5$ a month.

Some people are saying that new content is necessary to get people to see what the game is like. I doubt that, we don't need new content to see what the game is like. We already get half the game world and 3/4 of the skills- that's the bait. That was enough to captivate a player years ago, and I seriously doubt that adding a new dungeon or quest would appeal that much to a new player now. "36 quests instead of 35? Meh." The only purpose a full chunk of content for F2P would serve would be to stop F2P'ers complaining about updates for a short while.

And when you finish Dragon Slayer, and unlock 'teh 1337 rune pl8body', then you're basically done with the game unless you're interested in doing a lot of grinding and minigames. All the annoying things- lack of bankspace, severely limited minigames, please realize that these aren't design flaws, they're intentional, to get people to become members.

I'm seeing a lot of "I want more content because I'm bored", or "I want X type of equipment since I've been using the best F2P equipment for ages." Both ways to get you to sign up.

Usually the only way F2P will get full content would be for holidays. I guess that proves that Jagex isn't a heartless corporation- first they give F2P tons of content for no charge (more than almost all MMORPGs), and they even give them occasional holiday stuff that probably takes a while to make, though they have no reason to whatsoever. And for the people complaining about bad rewards- the horrible rewards are the entire point. They're watered down so you can sign up to be a member to get the good stuff.

F2P DESERVES skill capes (the ones you can get from f2p area) (or even a second person to buy them from so f2p can get ever skill cape from their skills). If you think about it, its harder to get skills to 99 in f2p. Like fishing goes up to swordfish for f2p. What thats like 120 xp to fish them in? But members have like sharks. What they give like 150+? If a p2p and a f2p were to both go head to head using sf and sharks, the f2p is going to win. They are getting more xp per inventory. Also prayer. F2p get up to big bones (15 xp)? P2p get like dragon bones (72 xp). Comon, skills are harder to get to 99 f2p then p2p. Atleast give them skill capes.

killer9823.png

Killer9823.png

99 Fletch Achieved 1/1/2010

i feel that f2p has it good since its free and whatever jagex decides to give them is what they deserve since it is wat they think will bring more people to p2p without giving them too much. whatever jagex lets them have is what they deserve nothing more nothing less,

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

F2P DESERVES skill capes (the ones you can get from f2p area) (or even a second person to buy them from so f2p can get ever skill cape from their skills). If you think about it, its harder to get skills to 99 in f2p. Like fishing goes up to swordfish for f2p. What thats like 120 xp to fish them in? But members have like sharks. What they give like 150+? If a p2p and a f2p were to both go head to head using sf and sharks, the f2p is going to win. They are getting more xp per inventory. Also prayer. F2p get up to big bones (15 xp)? P2p get like dragon bones (72 xp). Comon, skills are harder to get to 99 f2p then p2p. Atleast give them skill capes.

i have to agre but tbh thats about it, it is a demo after all...

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I'm F2P. I've always been F2P.

And I still feel that we free players get enough. I still see no point in having those holiday quests open to F2P during the span of the holiday.

I think for a demo, there is more than enough in the F2P world. If anything, I think the only thing that could be useful is the "Snare" spell. Other than that, nothing.

Fellsig.jpg

Just want to mention that i have always been f2p and never a member... but all f2p is, is a demo of the membership version. i think we get enough updates tbh and i am thankful for what f2p does have. Tbh a few things would be nice though.

1) a few more bankspaces would sure be nice. i mean jagex needs to rewards us some more for going through all the big rwt updates. for a year they sort of took big fun aspects away from the game and rs is clear from bots. they could reward with a few more right? im not talking about 10. maybe only 4 would help alot.

The Mage Training Arena. Wait, hear me out. If more people gain access to the Mage Arena, more people would do the minigames there for the gear you can get there, and the more people have that gear, the more it will be sold on the GE, and the price lowers so that more people can buy it.

Valten_1.png

Well, F2P deserves nothing. It is free. If you are a begger, you can't say that every X amount of people that walk by, 1 must give you atleats Y amount of money.

They won't make skillcapes F2P. They count on F2Pers going members for a month exclusively for the skillcape.

They won't alow blood runes because that is the top "tier" of runes.

They might give F2P rune arrows, but it would overpower range.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Ok, My point of view is:

All three combat types should have their best stuff at 40 for f2p.

•  
    [*:1no47sy9] We already have Rune armor and weapons at 40, Melee is sufficient in f2p already.

[*:1no47sy9] We have Green D'hide in f2p, but no level 40 bow, the Yew bows could be released to f2p without harming p2p at all, as well as the Rune arrows.

[*:1no47sy9] Magic.... oh no! All magic equipment (except FOG stuff) can be used at magic level 1. They could release Elemental Wands for level 40 mages in f2p, these wands could have +12 magic attack and defence, they could also strengthen the wands from the Mage Training Area to around +15 (beginner) and follow suit with the rest. Now, the robes, Robes with similar stats to the Mystic robes (without the boots) could be released.

This would vastly help f2p, therefore attracting quite a few more people to p2p.

This next part is kind of iffy.

- Maple trees could be added to f2p, possibly around Draynor Manor or something along those lines.

- Green Dragons could be added into the Varrock Sewer, adding a section after the Moss Giants, This would both give a use to the Anti-Dragonfire shield and supply f2p players with green d'hide, then, the crafting skill could allow f2p players to create green d'hide armor.

- A magic spell, at level 40, that enchants Silk into Enchanted Silk, which can then be crafted into the new f2p robes with level 47 - 53 crafting (same as corresponding snake skin parts) (these items would also be tradable).

Thank you for reading this, please critique appropriately.

bflat_minor.png

2zr3l8w.png

Uuuh too lazy to read this thread. Only read the first post.

Anyway yes many many junk items that are p2p should be made f2p. Honestly i got no use for it, maybe make the requirements higher for f2p? Point is high leveled f2per's don't get squat, and now of course ure gona get all these things like "but we pay etc etc etc".

Well having played since the end of classic i can tell u there wouldnt b a membership without f2p players to begin with. And i think jagex should at least reward some of the higher leveled f2p player with something for sticking around for so long, because let's face it getting high levels in f2p is a big accomplishment.

Also the formula for f2p armor/weapons has essentially been the same ever since the release of rs2. Which is kind of sad considering players are getting stronger and stronger. Honestly i think things such as wave spells should be made f2p, honestly there is no use for it when you have far superior magic like ancient and lunar in p2p, maybe some armor like mystic or enchanted from clues?. And ranged haha full void, d bow, xbows, etc etc, f2p should at least get blue if nor red d hide bc those things i usually just drop as they are a waste of space and some arrows or etc. As for melee yes things like granite maul etc etc, or make the corrupt dragon be like barrows for f2p? Honestly lately no use for dragon whatsoever, purely a decorative waste of space.

With this also I think there should be better food to accommodate for the higher hits. Skillcapes should be made f2p with like half the def bonus or something but still require membership to get obviously, this is just for pure convenience when p2p goes to f2p, switching capes is always annoying. I also think there should be stronger p2p armor/weapons...but that's a debate for another day. Oh also as a side note attack and def pots f2p for sure, waste of space in p2p.

Some random ranting etc etc, have fun flamming lol

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png

-I am surprised that the Great Orb Project is F2P. Seems to me that this minigame and it's rewards are pretty hot stuff for F2P.

-I am surprised that Jagex introduces P2P quests through holiday events, and allows F2Pers to participate.

-I am surprised that Fist of Guthix is F2P. The armour rewards are now trash, but the gloves are pretty decent.

Please, Im going to be F2P soon and I plan to get money for my Santa or Hween mask from the Great Orb Project. Dont ruin it and make me furiously make millions in less than a month from Ankous, Aviansies, Dragons, etc. Although I was going to say that Pure Essence should be P2P, since F2Ps cant make any runes that are Pure Essence-only. On the other side, money making from GOP would be tough without P Ess...

As for the holiday quests, theyre pretty pointless anyways and it doesnt matter much. I think they should stay as F2P quests.

And for FoG, the gloves are pretty decent, but should stay F2P. If membs want good gloves they should go do RFD.

Well, F2P deserves nothing. It is free. If you are a begger, you can't say that every X amount of people that walk by, 1 must give you atleats Y amount of money.

They won't make skillcapes F2P. They count on F2Pers going members for a month exclusively for the skillcape.

They won't alow blood runes because that is the top "tier" of runes.

They might give F2P rune arrows, but it would overpower range.

Did you read this first post?

Please, tell me something I don't know. Put some fresh ideas into the thread, instead of repeating the same butt-drool over and over again.

I think the higher range equipment would be appropriate, and I've always thought that the f2p combat triangle is cabbage. Adding to what we could craft is an interesting idea.

I think higher f2p range items would increase demand for current stagnant p2p items, and would bolster p2p money making.

Are maple logs f2p? Woodcutting maples is something else I didn't think of; I'm not sure why we'd need maples though.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

First of all, the F2P Combat Traingle must be improved. F2Ps should be able to use...

Ranged:

• -Yew Longbows

-Rune Arrows

-up to Adamantite Crossbow

-up to Adamantite Bolts

I think F2P should stay limited to Bows and Crossbows for Ranged. Giving F2P these items would level all the weapons to the Level 40 Ranged requirement (46 for Addy Crossbow). Yew Longbows would also help F2Ps make money (high alching).

Magic:

• -Splitbark Armour

-Snare, Teleblock spells (I would also say Stun and Charge but they require Soul and Blood runes, respectively)

-Battlestaves (none of the combination runes battlestaves)

The armour would balance the triangle particularly because of the Level 40 requirements. The Snare spell should be F2P, since members are still left with Entangle. Teleblock should be F2P, and dont worry, probably only high levels will be using it because of the Magic Level requirement itself. If not, a downgraded version of Teleblock should be F2P, maybe stopping teleporting for 1 minute, and taking out the Death Rune required. Battlestaves are a good boost to the Magic corner of the F2P Combat Triangle. Since no combination rune battlestaves would be released to F2P, then the only difference would be the stats.

Melee:

• -Spears up to Rune

-Halbred up to Rune

-[maybe] Initiate armour

-[maybe] Boots up to Rune

Not much to update here. This seems like the strongest corner of the F2P Combat Triangle, but releasing spears and helbreds up to Rune would be great. Neither of these have a Special Attack (which is why I excluded claws), and the attack styles are nothing spectacular. Initiate and Proselyte armour could be released to the F2P, but only if the quest stay within F2P "borders" (not sure, but not Proselyte because of the slug parts). The Barbarian Training smithing requirement for spears can be excluded, since it would still leave hastae with the requirement. As for the boots, it would be nice to have them, but I have a feeling it might be too much.

Making these updates to the F2P would balance the F2P Combat Triangle greatly, still leaving it at half-decent fighting.

Are maple logs f2p? Woodcutting maples is something else I didn't think of; I'm not sure why we'd need maples though.

IIRC, you can burn them, but not chop them, because chopping them is P2P, and there are no maples in F2P areas.

On-topic: Entrena, and glassblowing. Might want to keep the Dramen Tree dungeon P2P, or at least chopping said tree. Or what about Pest Control?

Valten_1.png

On-topic: Entrena, and glassblowing. Might want to keep the Dramen Tree dungeon P2P, or at least chopping said tree. Or what about Pest Control?

I think Pest Control would be unfair to P2Ps, because if F2Ps get Void Knight armour, and the xp rewards from Pest Control, theyd be hitting really high and gaining levels too quick. Therefore, I disagree with Pest Control.

As for Entrana, it would be nice, especially the fishing. Maybe the Balloon Routes quest could be F2P too, leaving P2P destinations P2P.

-I am surprised that Fist of Guthix is F2P. The armour rewards are now trash, but the gloves are pretty decent.
The armour rewards are trashy? What about:

- Berserker Shields of both metals - Highest def bonus + str bonus for a shield in F2P

- Combat robes - highest magic bonus in F2P

- Druidic - The new must-have robes for clan warring

- Green d'hide coif - I'm not much of a ranger, but anything beats the old coif

[hide=huge quote]

First of all, the F2P Combat Traingle must be improved. F2Ps should be able to use...

Ranged:

-Yew Longbows

-Rune Arrows

-up to Adamantite Crossbow

-up to Adamantite Bolts

I think F2P should stay limited to Bows and Crossbows for Ranged. Giving F2P these items would level all the weapons to the Level 40 Ranged requirement (46 for Addy Crossbow). Yew Longbows would also help F2Ps make money (high alching).

Magic:

-Splitbark Armour

-Snare, Teleblock spells (I would also say Stun and Charge but they require Soul and Blood runes, respectively)

-Battlestaves (none of the combination runes battlestaves)

The armour would balance the triangle particularly because of the Level 40 requirements. The Snare spell should be F2P, since members are still left with Entangle. Teleblock should be F2P, and dont worry, probably only high levels will be using it because of the Magic Level requirement itself. If not, a downgraded version of Teleblock should be F2P, maybe stopping teleporting for 1 minute, and taking out the Death Rune required. Battlestaves are a good boost to the Magic corner of the F2P Combat Triangle. Since no combination rune battlestaves would be released to F2P, then the only difference would be the stats.

Melee:

-Spears up to Rune

-Halbred up to Rune

-[maybe] Initiate armour

Not much to update here. This seems like the strongest corner of the F2P Combat Triangle, but releasing spears and helbreds up to Rune would be great. Neither of these have a Special Attack (which is why I excluded claws), and the attack styles are nothing spectacular. Initiate and Proselyte armour could be released to the F2P, but only if the quest stay within F2P "borders" (not sure, but not Proselyte because of the slug parts). The Barbarian Training smithing requirement for spears can be excluded, since it would still leave hastae with the requirement.

Making these updates to the F2P would balance the F2P Combat Triangle greatly, still leaving it at half-decent fighting.

[/hide]Whoa! Do you have any idea how overpowering that would be? Magic is the only combat style that needs and update, and snare and teleblock would suffice for that in my opinion.

- Green Dragons could be added into the Varrock Sewer, adding a section after the Moss Giants, This would both give a use to the Anti-Dragonfire shield and supply f2p players with green d'hide, then, the crafting skill could allow f2p players to create green d'hide armor.
This would kill green dragons as a money making option in P2P. It would also involve giving F2P dragon bones.
The_Maddest.png

F2Pers deserve....

Drum roll please

Nothing. Yup, it's true. Why pay a team of programmers to work for hours to give items to people who don't pay. Just doesn't make sense for Jagex.

Nothing. Yup, it's true. Why pay a team of programmers to work for hours to give items to people who don't pay. Just doesn't make sense for Jagex.

Have you ever coded before? Ever try programming? Ever look at code?

No?

Oh ok. Then I'm sure you don't realize how easy it would be to switch over existing content from members to free to play. There are probably a few booleans here and there that are called member_only - and if they set it from true to false, viola, f2p happens.

Did you even read the first post? I wish people could contribute to the discussion before being like "OMFG F2PERS NEED TO PAY TO GET ANY CONTENT" or "Jagex won't give f2pers anything, because they don't pay". That is not the point of this thread. If you don't want to suggest something that should be made f2p, how about you talk about something that shouldn't have been f2p? That is actually encouraged in this thread too. Just no more of the redundant butt-drool that every other post is.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪