85 Mining Worth it?

MiniMiner

:lol:

You need excel to time worlds?

I never said it wasn't an advantage to be level 3. I just said that travel method isn't the most efficient for people with higher levels, mainly because of revenants, and that the travel method for a level 3 is slower than you need it to be. I do significantly better than that most of the time, although I overestimated the threat of revenants to a level 3, since you rarely seem to encounter them.

How do you manage to get all of your times ending in 0? Why not just grab the time from the system?

After a few days of recon, you can figure out which worlds typically are empty. All you need to do is find up to 10 worlds which have rune rocks spawned, and note how many players there are on each world. Rune rocks respawn in 25 minutes on an empty world, 18.25 minutes on a world with 1000 players, and 12.5 minutes on a full world. Then all you need to do is take the # of players on each server you mine on, and figure out based on that how long it will take the rune rocks to respawn. Hop to each world around the time you have calculated for the respawn, and mine the rocks again.

Use the formula T = 12.5 + (2000-x)/160 to determine respawn time, where x is the number of people on a given world, and time is expressed in decimal form. To convert from decimal form to minutes and seconds, take the portion after the decimal that you get for T and multiply by 3/5. Mathematically, this is 0.6(T - INT(T)) + INT(T). What you have will be a decimal number that expresses the time to respawn in minutes & seconds.

also take note the u could actually begin mining the rune rocks not at level 85 but at 83 thanks to the dwarven stouts. make sure u bring a bunch though. Im not a rune miner, but i think it would be worth it. I hear from expert miners that getting the ores in wildy all depends on where u hop and there r like strategies and stuff but i dont know them... ur close anyways and it is a good longterm goal to have... keep mining but u will become bored so make sure u vary ur activities.

also take note the u could actually begin mining the rune rocks not at level 85 but at 83 thanks to the dwarven stouts. make sure u bring a bunch though. Im not a rune miner, but i think it would be worth it. I hear from expert miners that getting the ores in wildy all depends on where u hop and there r like strategies and stuff but i dont know them... ur close anyways and it is a good longterm goal to have... keep mining but u will become bored so make sure u vary ur activities.

sorry but thats a horrible idea

stouts raise only 1 mature ones raise 2 but they cost a lot

2nd you would stop mining the rune once the bonus is gone

foukouei.png

You need excel to time worlds?

I never said it wasn't an advantage to be level 3. I just said that travel method isn't the most efficient for people with higher levels, mainly because of revenants, and that the travel method for a level 3 is slower than you need it to be. I do significantly better than that most of the time, although I overestimated the threat of revenants to a level 3, since you rarely seem to encounter them.

How do you manage to get all of your times ending in 0? Why not just grab the time from the system?

You said that there is no way I get what I said I got because I am level 3.

Sounds to me like you are saying being a level 3 is disadvantageous, no? :roll:

You do significantly better than what? My ores per hour? If so, define significantly, because there is only a very small amount more you got per hour before it was PHYSICALLY impossible (note also, I said I was doing work when those times were recorded) to get any more per 1 hour.

I do grab the time from the system. When you grab the time from the system, it does not take seconds.

Ignore the times that end in :00, those are just extra data from excel that is only used behind-the-scenes

Here's what I do:

I go to excel

I type in how many ores I mined in that world, I enter the world number, then I enter time by pressing: Control + Shift + ; ....... then I enter the population of that world.

Then I do nothing else and I have it set so that excel does the formula to find time to next spawn and it automatically adds it to the current time and tells me what time to go back and mine the rune ore. I get there within 20 seconds of the spawn every time

Sounds like my way is a lot easier considering I do no math at all :)

I guess that's why you think I'm exaggerating, but I am not - I am just more skilled at mining rune then you

GF

oversized.jpg[/bads]

sorry but thats a horrible idea

stouts raise only 1 mature ones raise 2 but they cost a lot

2nd you would stop mining the rune once the bonus is gone

I agree that mining rune ore at level 83 is a bad idea, but it isn't really that bad of an idea at level 84. I mined almost all of the way from 84-85 on rune ore alone. It got very tedious, but it really wasn't that bad, especially if you needed money quickly.

Just bring like 5 food, sara brew, pickaxe, and then rest of the inventory stouts. Sometimes a stout will run out before you finish mining one ore, but it will usually last at least 2, sometimes 4-6+

The only problem is the last ores you are mining because if you run out of brew bonus, you are stuck with nothing :)

And it sucks dropping them all the time (glasses)

TIP: To get quick stouts, buy a games necklace and a ring of dueling. Teleport to Burthope Games Room, buy stouts from the bar right by teleport spot, then teleport to CW with duelling ring. Then repeat. They add up very fast (a lot faster then buying 1 at a time in falador!)

oversized.jpg[/bads]

You said that there is no way I get what I said I got because I am level 3.

Sounds to me like you are saying being a level 3 is disadvantageous, no? :roll:

Um, no, what I said was it puts you at a disadvantage time-wise because of how you have to travel there. I didn't once say you were exaggerating because of your level, I'm saying you are exaggerating because A. rune ores have only recently gotten to around 18k (now 17.8k), so unless you hung on to all of those ores this whole time, you didn't get nearly that much, and B. even at 17.8k, that's 49 ores per hour. I didn't look at your data THAT closely, but I don't think your MINIMUM per hour is 870k. You might top that some times, but I doubt that is your minimum.

Meanwhile, I can probably do as well as you using the Hero's guild, if I was so inclined, although admittedly it is harder to get going initially.

You do significantly better than what? My ores per hour? If so, define significantly, because there is only a very small amount more you got per hour before it was PHYSICALLY impossible (note also, I said I was doing work when those times were recorded) to get any more per 1 hour.

By your method, perhaps, but the method I use can get over 60 somewhat frequently. Not a whole lot over 60, mind you, but more than an ore per minute is easily doable, unless you get stuck a few times taking 2 minutes or more to mine an ore.

Sounds like my way is a lot easier considering I do no math at all :)

I guess that's why you think I'm exaggerating, but I am not - I am just more skilled at mining rune then you

I do it all in my head. It's instant. No checking Excel, no switching programs to type things in, or anything like that. I was simply giving out the formula to inform someone else who asked the question.

YES. I must say, I love my 87 mining. It's even better at the Light Temple with a Tortoise.

Don't think rune is worth it.

If you want to make money then merchanting is certainly best...(only applies if you have stagnant money in bank)

Otherwise, get to 91 rc and double nature away...it's even faster xp, and I think rc is faster to train than mining. Well, if you are a member. The ZMI altar works so well...*licks, then lamenting at lack of credit card*

Or, if you don't want to put in so much time for rc-ing, then go fletching or woodcutting. Nice money for far less effort.

Fishing I do not recommend as it's less money.

peter_lo_666.png

peter_lo_666.png

The DK Ent prepares for a massive punch!

heres my advice for you, and everyone else here who thinks rune mining is overrated, its actually underrated, rune mining with price of rune ores being at 12k was EQUAL to natures at 91 rc, now that rune ores are 18k each, your profit with rune ore mining should be a minimum of 1mil an hour, always, no luck involved, you have to know what you are doing.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

From a less money based standpoint, mining rune is definitely not worth it. Yes, you're going to look at my sig and say "Hey, you only have 59 mining, you can't say anything about this!" But trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Most of the time when mining rune, you are world hopping. This causes a lot of afking, and can be very boring. Sure, you can have a movie or something in the background, but it really doesn't work like that. The small time frame lets little time for other forms of entertainment, however, these times are frequent and you have nothing to do during that. Meanwhile with runecrafting, you have to be on constant alert when going through the abyss, constantly looking for an area through which you can proceed through. There are monsters constantly attacking, unlike rune mining. And although the threat of revs is there for rune mining, that is more of an annoyance than thrill. Runecrafting has lots of movement, however the only movement for rune mining is banking.

Overall, rune mining is faster money, perhaps much more so, however it is a lot less entertaining, and perhaps not wise for someone planning to make it their primary money source.

However, those who do it for extended periods of time, my hat is off to you. =D> =D>

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?