Full Dragon owns People are just dumb

Fusionxx

Not every player is maxed or near maxed in combat, though. I personally would gladly trade a bit of strength to not get hit as much. I don't have an SGS or Guthans, a unicorn, etc., so defence would be quite valuable to me.

So torag's is perfect for you. 3.5k repair costs < 13m and falling price

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon isn't practical armor. It is for show, while providing decent defense bonuses.

3rd Age is only better in crush, so the same statement goes for it.

I will always stand by the statement that Barrows was released far too early and that it is too easily gotten; it has essentially crippled and shriveled the evolution process for armor, and releasing 3rd Age didn't help and probably wouldn't have helped even if we had never gotten Barrows at 3rd Age's current rarity. Later releases [than Barrows] like Granite and Waterbirth sets didn't help at all. I wish JaGEx would listen to the statement, "We have nowhere to go but up," rather than taking a step forward and two steps back, so to speak, with useless or overpriced armor.

As for the whole DFS Vs. Rune Defender debate, holding a DFS actually causes me to get hit more often than when holding something else.

2dgucz6.png

Dragon isn't practical armor. It is for show, while providing decent defense bonuses.

3rd Age is only better in crush, so the same statement goes for it.

I will always stand by the statement that Barrows was released far too early and that it is too easily gotten; it has essentially crippled and shriveled the evolution process for armor, and releasing 3rd Age didn't help and probably wouldn't have helped even if we had never gotten Barrows at 3rd Age's current rarity. Later releases [than Barrows] like Granite and Waterbirth sets didn't help at all. I wish JaGEx would listen to the statement, "We have nowhere to go but up," rather than taking a step forward and two steps back, so to speak, with useless or overpriced armor.

As for the whole DFS Vs. Rune Defender debate, holding a DFS actually causes me to get hit more often than when holding something else.

Last line: imaginary.

Previous paragraph: EXACTLY! I posted this in the general discussion a while back, but my point is that BARROWS should be that ubier-rare 100m+ armor with the amazing stats, not the other way around. Perhaps making them 100x rarer in barrows and converting all the current armor to its market worth in GP would solve the problem.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

There are already to many barrows sets in circulation, but I do agree. I was hoping that Dragon would have bonuses to trump Barrows, but, alas. I can understand why Barrows was released when it was, but atleast make 3rd Age Amazing armor, aswell as it's beauty. There does need to be show-off armor, but there also needs to be practical armor beside the 3-4 year old Barrow sets.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

what would it solve? i dont think barrows was ever meant to cost a lot but rather to give good bonuses to pll for a low cost.

also 3th age is simply nice and barrows isnt(personaly i find all barrow sets exept matbe verac ugly) so the price u pay for 3th age isnt the price for bonusses but more like a p hat, u pay to look good and to show of...

but about the dplate, i gotta agree with allmost very1 in this post, it is soooo bad: the stats arent good enough regarding the price and the good replacements and it isnt even nice...

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

what would it solve? i dont think barrows was ever meant to cost a lot but rather to give good bonuses to pll for a low cost.

also 3th age is simply nice and barrows isnt(personaly i find all barrow sets exept matbe verac ugly) so the price u pay for 3th age isnt the price for bonusses but more like a p hat, u pay to look good and to show of...

but about the dplate, i gotta agree with allmost very1 in this post, it is soooo bad: the stats arent good enough regarding the price and the good replacements and it isnt even nice...

IMO barrows looks WAY better then 3rd age, and I'm sure that if 3rd age was common it would be the same way. It doesn't make sense - 3rd age is simply expensive because it's rare, and I don't think that's what Jagex meant for. By releasing barrows, they invalidated EVERY single other piece of armor in the game for years - barrows is just plain the best for EVERYTHING, period. And yet it's a super common armor, incredibly easy and cheap to get, even for 100- players.

DeviledEgg24.png

That's probably where the DFS came in. It's quite rare, and very good. Unfortunately, if it's good, expensive, etc., and accessible, People are going to camp at whatever drops it until it does flood the market.

Then there are things like the Spirit Shields. Very expensive, quite powerful, but the monster that drops them is hardly possible to kill in any way unless you're a team of 10 maxed players.

That's probably where the DFS came in. It's quite rare, and very good. Unfortunately, if it's good, expensive, etc., and accessible, People are going to camp at whatever drops it until it does flood the market.

Then there are things like the Spirit Shields. Very expensive, quite powerful, but the monster that drops them is hardly possible to kill in any way unless you're a team of 10 maxed players.

About that...

Why are Arcane and Spectral Spirit Shields considered junk? Surely they must also be considered rare, and I'm sure that most would agree they look fairly nice. Their Defensive stats aren't bad and crush is even slightly higher than the DFS. They give no negative bonuses, a Prayer bonus, and the AS² is also the best for Magic Attack bonus and the S³ the best for Magic Defense bonus. I thought people would pay anything to get the best. For example: People who are extremely devoted to Castle Wars buy Armadyl just for Magic Defense bonus. The 3rd Age Amulet gives +5 more Magic Attack than a much, much cheaper Amulet of Fury, but is trumped in everything else. It's rarer, obviously, but then the same concept could/should be applied to these shields...

2dgucz6.png

actually until about 2 weeks ago the corp beast could be duoed almost without taking damage and get reasonably fast kills for something with 2000 hp :P but not many people knew about that

I agree that it's odd the 2 cheaper shields are considered to be junk since they are the best in their category and near as rare as third age amulets. I guess it's just more of the illogic of the players of rs. Once an item as junky as the shields have become it takes a lot to change it.

In regard to what this topic is actually about, full dragon is a pretty good armor in defense but it's much more expensive than bandos and is worse for training (offensive bonuses are without a doubt more important than defensive when training, and the defense of bandos really isn't that much worse). I don't know why anyone would use dragon armor outside of training since barrows is so obviously superior to it in any contest where every last point really matters. I will confess that it is more practical than third age though.

Well you can buy the dplate use it for some time than sell it if you dont like it or need it for the time being to get your money back.

Say you bought it for 10.8m, you can sell it for around the same price at no repair cost. If you understand how the price changes (study the grand exchange graphs on the main page game guide section) you can even make a profit out of it.

Of course this is assuming that you guys have 11m excess lying in your bank

and that the price of the dplate remains relatively stable.

I see how this topic is becoming more of a dragons/bandos vs barrows debate but it isn't :P . So the better defence bonus of dragons compared to bandos shd give it the 2nd best armour most of the time -depending who you train on.

true full dragondoes not have a DFS it has a dragon square sheild so redo your def and you will see that bandos will be alot closer to dragon's def and still have higher str and prayer.

And what about the slayer helm on the bandos guy? Slayer helm is bad for stats (good for slayer)

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

put a Nietiznot helmet on the bandos instead of slayer helm, and the gap closes a little more.

Personally, I'll take the loss of a few defense points for the extra strength and prayer bonuses of the Niet helm and bandos armor. Oh, and the fact that it's heaps cheaper.

Attack:Stab

Defense:Stab

Attack:Slash

Defense:Slash

Attack:Crush

Defense:Crush

Attack:Magic

Defense:Magic

Attack:Range

Defense:Range

Defense:Summoning

Stats on full torags

Cost on Torags: 7.7m

Dragon: 30m

Bandos: 20m

(these prices dont include dfs but in the stats dfs is included)

Cost/h

Torags: 22k

Dragon: 0k

Bandos: 0k

For torags to cost 20m you will earn 55.9m combat xp not including the money you save on food or saving money by being able to use a combat familiar.

Other:

Strength

Prayer

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

• 2 weeks later...

no it's not that dragon owns, it's that bandos is [cabbage]

also- dharoks actually owns all. best stats for the cheapest cost. less than 600k for legs and plate and i'm in. if you get the helmet then you sir are stupid.

how about cost comparison? i think dfull is like all bandos armor put together.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

put a Nietiznot helmet on the bandos instead of slayer helm, and the gap closes a little more.

Personally, I'll take the loss of a few defense points for the extra strength and prayer bonuses of the Niet helm and bandos armor. Oh, and the fact that it's heaps cheaper.

or put on a barrows helm for defence

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Its the 2k/h you have to make when training that scares people from barrows helms.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

• 2 weeks later...

Its the 2k/h you have to make when training that scares people from barrows helms.

Lol wut? Kill a few greens when it hits 25 and use an armour stand, POOF, it's cheap for it's stats.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Lol wut? Kill a few greens when it hits 25 and use an armour stand, POOF, it's cheap for it's stats.

You sir, need a sarcasm detector.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Attack:Stab

Defense:Stab

Attack:Slash

Defense:Slash

Attack:Crush

Defense:Crush

Attack:Magic

Defense:Magic

Attack:Range

Defense:Range

Defense:Summoning

Stats on full torags

Cost on Torags: 7.7m

Dragon: 30m

Bandos: 20m

(these prices dont include dfs but in the stats dfs is included)

Cost/h

Torags: 22k

Dragon: 0k

Bandos: 0k

For torags to cost 20m you will earn 55.9m combat xp not including the money you save on food or saving money by being able to use a combat familiar.

Other:

Strength

Prayer

This math isn't really correct because you can always sell the stuff once you use them. However, the food and potions itself will make up for the losses, especially because nobody uses Torag's legs/helmet, which was included in your math.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

This thread is comparing apples with oranges.

This is how it should be compared.

There are the bandos armours: top, legs and boots

The three dragon armours comparable to it: plate, plateges and dboots.

All the other items, eg slayer helm vs dragon full are not part of the equasion.

Here is my opinion:

barrows armour: great for mid-high level players (80-110) it is great bang for buck and players will find they will be saving more in food if they were wearing eg. rooonnn

dragon armour:this is prehistoric junk from rsc. This armour is the domain of the player who does not care about defence bonus, but cares more about looks- however dragon skirts are faily good value.

Bandos armour: This amrour is great at 110+, at this stage of runescape you will have probably done some quests/minigames unlocking higher end content.. eg barrows gloves, skill capes, fire capes...

with these better items in mind you will find yourself being hit far far less during slayer tasks.

i am level 136, this is my current settup:

Helm: Slayer Helm- has the defence of a rune large and the 15% atk and str and scroll abilty makes it clear no1

Amulet: Fury- King of the Amulets, I do all my slayer tasks using mele so it is very good

Weapon:Whip- Since getting hacked 22 Sept 2008, I do not have the finances for my old SGS. Whip will have to do

Shield: Rune Defender- I personally prefer rune defender over DFS as I value killing monesters faster

PLatebody: Bandos PLate- Offers high defence bonus, the str bonus is great

Legs: Bandos Legs- Same as plate. I only just bought the legs, prior i was wearing dharok legs

Boots: Dragon Boots- Far better than bandos boots cause of the str bonus. also bandos boots are very heavy

Ring: Slayer Ring- Even though it has no str bonus i have 1 more inventory space, and i cant afford anything better

Cape: Fire Cape- atk,str,madssive defence bonus... what else could i want... i like it more than my 14 acheviment capes.

*So thats my current slayer gear, after strating from my hacked account late December. (not bad riches if you ask me)

Sure if I had 500m+ I would use a SGS or a whip/elysian shield combo.

I would probably still stick with the slayer ring other than a beserker/warrior due to conveniance.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D