Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Full Dragon owns People are just dumb

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

the tiny extra amount of food used compared to barrows, is little enough to be outdone by the 90k repair cost of just the barrows chests. im sorry to say, but with 99 def it doesn't matter. also conisder that not everyone needs to hit more often, or the fact that a dfs can be used pretty much everywhere whilst a rune defender cannot i.e. metal dragons.

"not everyone needs to hit more often"? When, perchance, do you not want to hit more often? The one thing DFS can be used for is metal dragons. The 'tiny amount of extra food'? It costs me 3.2k an hour to repair my barrows chest, roughly 2 tuna potatoes. 3.2k an hour is virtually nothing when fighting, and that's for STEADY combat - something monster hunting is not.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

howbadisbad
[ Display Name History ]

howbadisbad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,318 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:teh stew
  • Clan:Mafia City
it would be nice if your barrows only degraded when you took damage insted of everytime you get hit (even with a 0)
Posted Image

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

funnisam
[ Display Name History ]

funnisam

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 268 posts

the tiny extra amount of food used compared to barrows, is little enough to be outdone by the 90k repair cost of just the barrows chests. im sorry to say, but with 99 def it doesn't matter. also conisder that not everyone needs to hit more often, or the fact that a dfs can be used pretty much everywhere whilst a rune defender cannot i.e. metal dragons.

"not everyone needs to hit more often"? When, perchance, do you not want to hit more often? The one thing DFS can be used for is metal dragons. The 'tiny amount of extra food'? It costs me 3.2k an hour to repair my barrows chest, roughly 2 tuna potatoes. 3.2k an hour is virtually nothing when fighting, and that's for STEADY combat - something monster hunting is not.

with piety, 99 attack and a zamorak brew, i think i hit often enough that i don't need a +19 slash bonus to hit.
Posted Image
Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

with piety, 99 attack and a zamorak brew, i think i hit often enough that i don't need a +19 slash bonus to hit.

With piety, 98 attack, a super attack potion, and +20% attack from salve (e), I don't hit 100.00% of the time. Therefore, +19 slash is very helpful to me. Unless you miss less then 1/20th of the time, (which is a massive amount, if you think about it), defender is better - and I don't hit 19 out of 20 times on any monster level 50+, and certainly not any slayer monsters.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Not every player is maxed or near maxed in combat, though. I personally would gladly trade a bit of strength to not get hit as much. I don't have an SGS or Guthans, a unicorn, etc., so defence would be quite valuable to me.

Also, it's worth remembering that full dragon is still new; Prices take time to stabilize. Bandos gear has been here for more than a year, and barrows has been here for more than 3.

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

Not every player is maxed or near maxed in combat, though. I personally would gladly trade a bit of strength to not get hit as much. I don't have an SGS or Guthans, a unicorn, etc., so defence would be quite valuable to me.

So torag's is perfect for you. 3.5k repair costs < 13m and falling price
Posted Image

warrior5024
[ Display Name History ]

warrior5024

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Dragon isn't practical armor. It is for show, while providing decent defense bonuses.
Posted Image
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

Dragon isn't practical armor. It is for show, while providing decent defense bonuses.

3rd Age is only better in crush, so the same statement goes for it.

I will always stand by the statement that Barrows was released far too early and that it is too easily gotten; it has essentially crippled and shriveled the evolution process for armor, and releasing 3rd Age didn't help and probably wouldn't have helped even if we had never gotten Barrows at 3rd Age's current rarity. Later releases [than Barrows] like Granite and Waterbirth sets didn't help at all. I wish JaGEx would listen to the statement, "We have nowhere to go but up," rather than taking a step forward and two steps back, so to speak, with useless or overpriced armor.

As for the whole DFS Vs. Rune Defender debate, holding a DFS actually causes me to get hit more often than when holding something else.

2dgucz6.png

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

3rd Age is only better in crush, so the same statement goes for it.

I will always stand by the statement that Barrows was released far too early and that it is too easily gotten; it has essentially crippled and shriveled the evolution process for armor, and releasing 3rd Age didn't help and probably wouldn't have helped even if we had never gotten Barrows at 3rd Age's current rarity. Later releases [than Barrows] like Granite and Waterbirth sets didn't help at all. I wish JaGEx would listen to the statement, "We have nowhere to go but up," rather than taking a step forward and two steps back, so to speak, with useless or overpriced armor.

As for the whole DFS Vs. Rune Defender debate, holding a DFS actually causes me to get hit more often than when holding something else.

Last line: imaginary.

Previous paragraph: EXACTLY! I posted this in the general discussion a while back, but my point is that BARROWS should be that ubier-rare 100m+ armor with the amazing stats, not the other way around. Perhaps making them 100x rarer in barrows and converting all the current armor to its market worth in GP would solve the problem.
Posted Image

warrior5024
[ Display Name History ]

warrior5024

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 642 posts
There are already to many barrows sets in circulation, but I do agree. I was hoping that Dragon would have bonuses to trump Barrows, but, alas. I can understand why Barrows was released when it was, but atleast make 3rd Age Amazing armor, aswell as it's beauty. There does need to be show-off armor, but there also needs to be practical armor beside the 3-4 year old Barrow sets.
Posted Image
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

homowz
[ Display Name History ]

homowz

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • RSN:pantera160
  • Clan:exer / CE
[quote name="compfreak847Previous paragraph]

what would it solve? i dont think barrows was ever meant to cost a lot but rather to give good bonuses to pll for a low cost.

also 3th age is simply nice and barrows isnt(personaly i find all barrow sets exept matbe verac ugly) so the price u pay for 3th age isnt the price for bonusses but more like a p hat, u pay to look good and to show of...

but about the dplate, i gotta agree with allmost very1 in this post, it is soooo bad: the stats arent good enough regarding the price and the good replacements and it isnt even nice...
Posted Image
Posted Image

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts
[quote name="homowz"]
[quote name="compfreak847Previous paragraph]

what would it solve? i dont think barrows was ever meant to cost a lot but rather to give good bonuses to pll for a low cost.

also 3th age is simply nice and barrows isnt(personaly i find all barrow sets exept matbe verac ugly) so the price u pay for 3th age isnt the price for bonusses but more like a p hat, u pay to look good and to show of...

but about the dplate, i gotta agree with allmost very1 in this post, it is soooo bad: the stats arent good enough regarding the price and the good replacements and it isnt even nice...[/quote]

IMO barrows looks WAY better then 3rd age, and I'm sure that if 3rd age was common it would be the same way. It doesn't make sense - 3rd age is simply expensive because it's rare, and I don't think that's what Jagex meant for. By releasing barrows, they invalidated EVERY single other piece of armor in the game for years - barrows is just plain the best for EVERYTHING, period. And yet it's a super common armor, incredibly easy and cheap to get, even for 100- players.
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
That's probably where the DFS came in. It's quite rare, and very good. Unfortunately, if it's good, expensive, etc., and accessible, People are going to camp at whatever drops it until it does flood the market.

Then there are things like the Spirit Shields. Very expensive, quite powerful, but the monster that drops them is hardly possible to kill in any way unless you're a team of 10 maxed players.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

That's probably where the DFS came in. It's quite rare, and very good. Unfortunately, if it's good, expensive, etc., and accessible, People are going to camp at whatever drops it until it does flood the market.

Then there are things like the Spirit Shields. Very expensive, quite powerful, but the monster that drops them is hardly possible to kill in any way unless you're a team of 10 maxed players.

About that...

Why are Arcane and Spectral Spirit Shields considered junk? Surely they must also be considered rare, and I'm sure that most would agree they look fairly nice. Their Defensive stats aren't bad and crush is even slightly higher than the DFS. They give no negative bonuses, a Prayer bonus, and the AS² is also the best for Magic Attack bonus and the S³ the best for Magic Defense bonus. I thought people would pay anything to get the best. For example: People who are extremely devoted to Castle Wars buy Armadyl just for Magic Defense bonus. The 3rd Age Amulet gives +5 more Magic Attack than a much, much cheaper Amulet of Fury, but is trumped in everything else. It's rarer, obviously, but then the same concept could/should be applied to these shields...

2dgucz6.png

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS
actually until about 2 weeks ago the corp beast could be duoed almost without taking damage and get reasonably fast kills for something with 2000 hp :P but not many people knew about that

I agree that it's odd the 2 cheaper shields are considered to be junk since they are the best in their category and near as rare as third age amulets. I guess it's just more of the illogic of the players of rs. Once an item as junky as the shields have become it takes a lot to change it.

In regard to what this topic is actually about, full dragon is a pretty good armor in defense but it's much more expensive than bandos and is worse for training (offensive bonuses are without a doubt more important than defensive when training, and the defense of bandos really isn't that much worse). I don't know why anyone would use dragon armor outside of training since barrows is so obviously superior to it in any contest where every last point really matters. I will confess that it is more practical than third age though.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
Put into account the price, (absurdly high) and coupled with the fact that barrows armor is better yet cheaper, then, you begin to get the picture ehy?
O.O

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild
This "best non-degradable armour" is all [cabbage]. It's not worth an extra 12,000,000 gp to save yourself 60,000 gp in repairs; how is that not obvious?

daryltoh
[ Display Name History ]

daryltoh

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
Well you can buy the dplate use it for some time than sell it if you dont like it or need it for the time being to get your money back.

Say you bought it for 10.8m, you can sell it for around the same price at no repair cost. If you understand how the price changes (study the grand exchange graphs on the main page game guide section) you can even make a profit out of it.

Of course this is assuming that you guys have 11m excess lying in your bank

and that the price of the dplate remains relatively stable.

I see how this topic is becoming more of a dragons/bandos vs barrows debate but it isn't :P . So the better defence bonus of dragons compared to bandos shd give it the 2nd best armour most of the time -depending who you train on.

pureprayer
[ Display Name History ]

pureprayer

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,968 posts

true full dragondoes not have a DFS it has a dragon square sheild so redo your def and you will see that bandos will be alot closer to dragon's def and still have higher str and prayer.

And what about the slayer helm on the bandos guy? Slayer helm is bad for stats (good for slayer)

Itsjustagame
[ Display Name History ]

Itsjustagame

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  • RSN:DJ Mac
put a Nietiznot helmet on the bandos instead of slayer helm, and the gap closes a little more.

Personally, I'll take the loss of a few defense points for the extra strength and prayer bonuses of the Niet helm and bandos armor. Oh, and the fact that it's heaps cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users