I HATE CONTRUCTION

Shadowspaceike1

Constuction is not about making money (its a fraking money sink designed to remove gold from teh economy to reduce inflation).

Whats the point?

When you build an awsome house, and finaly spend big money put the best stuff in it (eventualy gilded, marble, and magic stone), and fill your gardens up, and put up all the decorations, you can just stand there and think to yourself "wow, this is pretty freaking sweet, I should throw a party so everyone can see how freaking awsome my house is".

I actualy see so much wasted construction levels in some of the high level houses. I see layouts that make my mediocre design look like god designed it itself, or so baren of any kind of decoration, even ones where teh person never bothered to rotate the rooms.

People build multi-million gp houses because at the end of the day, a great big 99 mansion is just totaly awsome. I belive that construction can be one of the most gratifying yet frustrating skills. Leveling is a love-hate scenario, my solution? Penguin points all the way (for now).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To people suggesting tip.it adopt a culling system, or anything like that, because you think a rant is pointless...

Here's a suggestion, if you don't like a thread, think it's stupid, or whatever, do the unthinkable and don't post in it. If no one posts in a thread, then it will go away soon enough. The rants forum is for letting off steam, and someone comes here, and posts that they don't like a skill because it's too much of a money drain, and because you think the rant is pointless, you suggest a perma ban for anyone who makes a stupid thread.

Forum.tip.it is a a forum for a runescape help site. In multiple guides (I don't know if it's still like this, I haven't used the main site in a long time) there are suggestions to join the forums to read a guide, or for more help. Do you really expect everyone to be perfect when this is the forum for a help site? The only thing having a ban system like that would do would be to make people angry, and stop using tip.it altogether. There would still be idiots, first time posters and such, and after they got banned there is always a chance they would get angry, and make another account, and do worse stuff until they got banned again.

I'm not saying that I agree with this rant, but honestly people... This is the rants forum, it's not designed for only insightful, thought provoking threads.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

To people suggesting tip.it adopt a culling system, or anything like that, because you think a rant is pointless...

Here's a suggestion, if you don't like a thread, think it's stupid, or whatever, do the unthinkable and don't post in it. If no one posts in a thread, then it will go away soon enough. The rants forum is for letting off steam, and someone comes here, and posts that they don't like a skill because it's too much of a money drain, and because you think the rant is pointless, you suggest a perma ban for anyone who makes a stupid thread.

Forum.tip.it is a a forum for a runescape help site. In multiple guides (I don't know if it's still like this, I haven't used the main site in a long time) there are suggestions to join the forums to read a guide, or for more help. Do you really expect everyone to be perfect when this is the forum for a help site? The only thing having a ban system like that would do would be to make people angry, and stop using tip.it altogether. There would still be idiots, first time posters and such, and after they got banned there is always a chance they would get angry, and make another account, and do worse stuff until they got banned again.

I'm not saying that I agree with this rant, but honestly people... This is the rants forum, it's not designed for only insightful, thought provoking threads.

A stupid, poorly written thread filled with inaccurate, misleading assumptions does NOT help the community - it merely results in flaming and a less informed public. An IP ban for 'stupid users' would quickly remove them and keep them from filling this forum with garbage.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

A stupid, poorly written thread filled with inaccurate, misleading assumptions does NOT help the community - it merely results in flaming and a less informed public. An IP ban for 'stupid users' would quickly remove them and keep them from filling this forum with garbage.

Garbage is in the eye of the beholder.

Really, the OP has a point in that Construction is very expensive. Whether or not it's useless is opinion. We post on rants to disagree. To say that the OP, and other posters should be banned for 'stupid posts' is a bit elitist, isn't it?

Really, the OP has a point in that Construction is very expensive. Whether or not it's useless is opinion. We post on rants to disagree. To say that the OP, and other posters should be banned for 'stupid posts' is a bit elitist, isn't it?

Yes, plus you can just as easily say posters should be banned for "offensive posts". I think bans should belong to the scammers mostly.

Why i hate it?

A question for you

HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD WASTE MILLIONS OF GOLD FOR A POINTLESS SKILL. You cant even make money off it

For people who have at least level 50 construction for portal, its enough you save you time and money if you do barrows a lot. With the altar in place for quick 1-chest trips.

For level 70 - gilded altar- fastest prayer training method (other than brawlinggloves but they are rare)is enough of reason to train it.

Oh and, w/e the level for armor stand is, you can repair barrows at a discount = smithing level (%)/2. THATS quite a lot after a long run.

*As mentioned earlier by other posters :oops:

In short, construction is about saving time after some investment, the benefits after are far beyond the initial cost.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Like an IP ban really does anything to someone who wants to get back on.

A thread made by someone who did not know some detail of something, and was just wrong does NOT deserve a ban. Giving out bans to "stupid" people would ruin the forum. These forums are supposed to be a more friendly enviorment, not where if you slip up or get something wrong you will be permamentally banned.

Let's look at construction, actually. After a gilded altar, what else is there? You could spend many millions more, and over 10 million more xp without gaining anything of much use. (I might be wrong here, I haven't played other than to talk to friends in a long time, and I haven't used construction since a while after it came out)

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The "If you don't like it, don't post in it" schpiel doesn't work, the stupidity still flows like wine. God forbid we have some sort of standard for Tip.It rants other than "baw I dun liek dat, iz baed".

Facepunch is a Garry's Mod help site, run by Garry, maker of Garry's Mod (See the link?), but posting "should I buy Garrys Mod" will still get you permabanned. Alts immediately get permabanned just because of IP and cookie association.

Also there are no permabans on Facepunch, everyone gets unbanned on Garry's birthday.

Construction is a money sink, it's supposed to be very expensive. Ranting about something for doing what it was intended to is moot.

Elitist? Nein. Setting standards.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Setting standards can be elitist, depending on what standards you set.

As a local guy said, garbage is in the eye of the beholder. I disagree with some arguments on the rants forum, and others, and would consider some to be extremely stupid.

For example in the "is homosexuality right or wrong thread" in OT, I personally think all the arguments that are just "The bible says" are stupid, but to others they are perfectly logical.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

As a local guy said, garbage is in the eye of the beholder. I disagree with some arguments on the rants forum, and others, and would consider some to be extremely stupid.

For example in the "is homosexuality right or wrong thread" in OT, I personally think all the arguments that are just "The bible says" are stupid, but to others they are perfectly logical.

Bad example. This isn't about who is right and who is wrong, it's about whether or not the OP made a discussion worthy thread, and complaining about something being broken when it's doing what it was intended for makes it a nonissue. Construction is supposed to be a huge money sink, and a huge money sink is what it is. Now if the thread was complaining about, say, the flatpack changes, I would understand.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I just think that the point of the rants forum is a place where everything has to be perfect, and someone complaining that they don't like a skill, for whatever reason would merit a ban.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Bad example. This isn't about who is right and who is wrong, it's about whether or not the OP made a discussion worthy thread, and complaining about something being broken when it's doing what it was intended for makes it a nonissue. Construction is supposed to be a huge money sink, and a huge money sink is what it is. Now if the thread was complaining about, say, the flatpack changes, I would understand.

I think the OP did make it discussion-worthy. As you say, he's 'complaining about something being broken' while you disagree. This is where the discussion starts.

I've said it before, I think it's too expensive, though I disagree with the OP that it's useless. Money sink or not, 325k for a block of marble is a bit much. The one thing that turns me off actually sinking my money into construction more than I already have is that: If I wanted to build, say, a fountain, It will cost me at least one block. I've already resigned myself to not building a dungeon entrance because it's another block for that too. Plus, statues for my Chapel cost another, thrones, even Oak...

A question for you

HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD WASTE MILLIONS OF GOLD FOR A POINTLESS SKILL. You cant even make money off it

Me.

I love Construction. If you don't like it, don't do it. Stop complaining.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I think the OP did make it discussion-worthy. As you say, he's 'complaining about something being broken' while you disagree. This is where the discussion starts.

I've said it before, I think it's too expensive, though I disagree with the OP that it's useless. Money sink or not, 325k for a block of marble is a bit much. The one thing that turns me off actually sinking my money into construction more than I already have is that: If I wanted to build, say, a fountain, It will cost me at least one block. I've already resigned myself to not building a dungeon entrance because it's another block for that too. Plus, statues for my Chapel cost another, thrones, even Oak...

The OP's complaint is that the skill is "pointless" and you can't make money off of it.

Going off of the first, that's already been disproven. Infinite teleports, extra bank space, etc. The skill isn't pointless.

Going off of the second, that's intended. You're not supposed to make money off of it, that's why Jagex nerfed the recent update with the achievement diary. If you make any money off of construction, it'll be minimal, if even to cover the costs.

So the OP's argument is based off of invalid points and the skill working as intended. Where's the discussion value? It's not like Jagex is going to revamp the entire skill and remove its place as a money sink just because one person complained.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the Rants board. He's ranting about a skill he feels is useless, and that it also isn't profitable. It being a money sink is the reason it isn't profitable, so he is right there.

The skill also gains most of its value after a lot of money has already been sunk into it. Teleportation room is at 50, so 48 with Tea, and then you have to put 100 of each teleport into it before you can get said unlimited teleports. Additional bankspace is only for a certain few classes of item, and you need the full set to put it in: if you are missing even one part of the set, it's up to 5 spaces until you manage to get it.

It has a limit to how much you add to it as well, with the higher cape racks and magic wardrobes being made of expensive marble, gold leaf, and in one case, magic stone.

So to one who has yet to level it very far, or lacks a wallet big enough to, it is useless.

Well, i seem to be the third who agrees with your opinion about constructing. I agree that construction is a huge money drainer, training it is repetitive and boring and only a few aspects of the skill are useful. Ofcourse, i could not live witout my Canifs portal and the mounted glory is very useful, and with my house in Pollniveach i can get quickly to Sumona for slayer tasks. But aside from that and the altar, there is not much interesting to aim for. For those reasons, i don't like constructing, but i can imagine that a lot of players like it.

Leonxb.png

Construction isn't supposed to be useful; the Gilded Altar, Portal Chambers, Lecturns, Costume Room, everything that's been mentioned is a bonus to the fun that the skill is supposed to bring. That's right, a skill for fun! This is where your endless hours of boringly profiting from repetitively chopping down trees should go. For that matter, you should also buy weapons that have awesome special attacks, and raise Magic high enough for Ice Barrage.

...Or maybe you enjoy chopping trees and just watching your money pile up and stagnate...

_

And, as for the second topic here...

So a person makes one stupid mistake, and gets banned? Guess what. No one wants to bother anymore.

2dgucz6.png

Anyone that can afford a stupid Godsword can afford 99 Construction...with SC Hammers it only costs around 50M. They couldn't afford to make a good house, but they can easily afford 99 Construction. And if anyone asks, "Who the hell would get that many hammers"? More people than you know get a ton of tools, maybe not for Construction but for other skills. I have gotten over 100 already and used them. 65-92 Construction using them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the Rants board. He's ranting about a skill he feels is useless, and that it also isn't profitable. It being a money sink is the reason it isn't profitable, so he is right there.

The skill also gains most of its value after a lot of money has already been sunk into it. Teleportation room is at 50, so 48 with Tea, and then you have to put 100 of each teleport into it before you can get said unlimited teleports. Additional bankspace is only for a certain few classes of item, and you need the full set to put it in: if you are missing even one part of the set, it's up to 5 spaces until you manage to get it.

It has a limit to how much you add to it as well, with the higher cape racks and magic wardrobes being made of expensive marble, gold leaf, and in one case, magic stone.

So to one who has yet to level it very far, or lacks a wallet big enough to, it is useless.

Is is useless because... you have to spend lots of money to level it up (despite the advantages the skill gives)? In that sense, Crafting, Smithing, Herblore, Prayer, Summoning, Farming, Magic, Ranged, Firemaking, Cooking, and Fletching are all "useless", because - despite the advantages they give - they cost you money to train. When you come down to it, every skill is "useless" because Runescape is "useless".

A question for you

I would. Why? For fun. I myself have never had more than 5m at a time, and i have invested probably 4m into my house sheerly for fun (and some usefullnes, I <3 my portal room, chapel, and mounted glory). When you and some friends are bored you can go have fun in each others houses doing whatever.

Is is useless because... you have to spend lots of money to level it up (despite the advantages the skill gives)? In that sense, Crafting, Smithing, Herblore, Prayer, Summoning, Farming, Magic, Ranged, Firemaking, Cooking, and Fletching are all "useless", because - despite the advantages they give - they cost you money to train. When you come down to it, every skill is "useless" because Runescape is "useless".

According to the author. I was just trying to do something similar to giving his opinion.

Personally, I love construction. The fact that I'm pretty much broke isn't important compared to how I turned the empty parlor you buy for 1k into something like a mansion. It's nowhere near practical, but I liked doing it, and I'm not done yet :D