No! My Runescape Site is better!

Zapados153

I googled Runescape help years ago and found the tip.it guides. I fell in love. <3: Didn't even consider the possibility that there were other Runescape fan sites or that there would be better ones (which there isn't :P)

I only recently-ish I joined the forum after reading the PK or not to PK thread (or whatever it was called) (the one where it was basically raging and chatting on about pures and 1 itemers ect) which was featured on the front page. I read the whole thread and just had to join ::'

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I love TIF. I think I joined Zybez forums first but if you check my account there I think I have just over 100 posts while here I have much more because I love it here. It's just a good time. :lol: Community wins.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I checked out the RuneHQ forums, and felt like they had a gun to my head. I didn't even need to post anything to know my place in their community wasn't worthwhile.

Tip.It is like a clan without the Clan Title.

The rest of the site is fair in my opinion. There are things it has and things it doesn't. In the end, when I am doing a quest I use RHQ. If I am doing a Treasure Trail I use Tip.It.

Stellactic.gif

First off when I joined Runescape Tip.it was right below it on google. Second it's easy to get around and isn't an eyesore to look at it for to long(RuneHQ :thumbdown: ). Third it's very extensive in its guides. Fourth it doesn't have any sketchy adds or other bad things on it. Fifth there is a weekly article which I usually enjoy. Sixth there is great community inside and outside the forums.

Merry Christmas Tip it here's to another great year. :thumbsup:

Lord_Cool_LV.png

Lord_Cool_LV.png

Quest Cape originally achieved 4/14/09

99 Cooking achieved 1/1/09

5/6 Achievement Diaries completed

I always used it for the calaculators then one day I saw the forums and joined. Not much besides it has epic calaculators!

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I love using TIF for the forum. It has a nice community, The help section is great, and everyone is allowed to feel welcome (Providing they live up to a few members grammar expectations :P)

But yeah, it is great here, and this is the only forum I have used.

I must admit though... I use ZybeZ a lot for the guides. I just prefer the look and layout of it, as its more sleek/compact IMO. The content however is questionable... I have had to send in corrections for a numerous number of quests :P

And, I guess I also use Zybez for price checking, and the monster database. The reason for this being that I use SwiftKit. (And the content you search for comes from them) But as far as forums go, TIF all the way; it is unquestionable.

Merry Christmas All :)

How I came here... well, I started at HQ. It was all really confusing, I thought I had to pay to be a member (do I???). Their forum is still a bit confusing, and the color-design is bad in my opinion. Then naturally I went to Sals, and I stayed there for ~10 posts. Then I just came here to see a few blogs/guides, and I was surprised. The people here were MUCH higher leveled than the average of those at Sals. But that's how I came here. I stay because it's my home now :thumbsup: and I like the design of the website, the people and the posts here are high quality.

I am a half-member at Truthscape. They must have the highest quality of all RSForums, but their community is pretty small. TIF is my Runescape fansite forever. <3:

Edit: I love it enough to write guides exclusively for here. Also, HQ lags...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Most of the Zybez-PK topics, PK topics being the only reason I go there, are just totally crazy.

Same way I use rsc. Except I do sometimes look at the guides.

But I'm so used to tif, I don't think I could feel right posting all of the time on another runescape forum :P.

Shaniqua.png

First impressions last you know, the layout's awesome and the site looked safe. I'm also a member of Rhq (an ex-friend's a mod there) but the layout's just...ugh.

Also, Jagex said that sites which deliberately advertise for cheats/selling gold/RWT are classified as "cheat sites." So far I haven't seen any ad like that here (that or I haven't been paying attention). We keep it clean, they don't. I'm not going to support a cheat site so Tip.it ftw :thumbsup:

_edit_

I swear there was a topic like this not too long ago, because I think I typed the exact same answer :lol: Oh well, probably got lost 'cos of the rollback.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I first discovered RuneHQ which admittedly has way more information than Tip.It does on the left column. But then I realized it took forever to load a majority of the screens there (even with Comcast) so I came to Tip.It and have stayed here ever since.

Also, Zapados quick making so many garbage topics...

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Forum interface is nice put up and good and detailed+alot calculators. But i personally like Sal Realm too, that's from my view 2nd best Runescape helpsite.

Tip.it is number one. But if Sal realm were updated more, easy interface etc then it would beat Tip.it very easily at some things. To bad it don't :thumbup:

Because of the community, like most others. I can't believe RuneHQ has a way you can pay to get more, I would never pay even if Tip.it had it. It's just so elitist, lots of people are short on money anyway. Zybez seems to me as a community for rulebreakers. When you register there it says "Zybez is not a place to enforce the rules of RuneScape", which of course takes any hope of gaining any respect from Jagex away. Tip.it respects the rules of RS, which I approve of.

My second choice would be RuneVillage. They also use phpBB3 as forum software (I tend to hate everything else especially paid crap software like vBulletin or IPB) and the community seems like a friendly one to me.

C2b6gs7.png

The community here is just plain great, most people now everyone/most people :lol: . Our Homeworld (World 99, for most) is full of Tip.Iters and wherever you go, you're likely to meet someone nice.

It's not full of people whining people/annoyances.

It's just, Tip.It? We are Tip.It . Who would chose a fansite to go to because they won a war (obliterated the others, in fact). That'd be stupid.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Nice memorable name! TIP....IT!!! Bam! (I like being bossed around) :lol:

Its always had everything I have ever needed know about Runescape, and I prefer the quest guides over any other site hands down. (Although I wont need one ever again =D )

The calculators were always easy to use, and told me what I wanted (or didnt want) to hear.

The theme is also quite simple instead of snotty spammy trash like some other websites.... *cough* Runehq *cough*

The forums are always packed with useful and helpful guides, and most of the people here you can actually hold a conversation with for a few hours, without it dissolving into trash talk!

The only things to pick at TIP...IT!!! , is

1) The Champions Challenge guide, I mean come on lets get some drop rates and advice on where to kill it? So barren....

2) RuneHq's construction guide whoops TIP...IT 's behind! :wall: =;

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

I use the tip.it forums because it has the best people of any runescape forum out there. Alot of the other forums I've visited tend to have lots of snobs.

I use alot of tip.it's utilities as well but I also use them from other sites as well, sometimes zybez has a guide that is more clear that tip.it and vise versa. Normally I stick with tip.it, zybez, and recently runescape wikia

I like tip.it a lot better. They seem to have more definitive guides, or at least their guides are easier to understand. There's the plus side of having great forums that are 'unrestricted' so to speak... I think at Sal's or RHQ you have to have certain post counts and other crap before you can post in areas... :roll:

PLUS WE HAVE THE GALLERY, THE VARROCK LIBRARY, AND THE FALADOR LIBRARY!!!