What's your Runescape story?

Zibl

I'll keep this part brief. What's your Runescape story? OUt of sheer bordem I typed up what turned out to be a 5 page story of my Runescape "life". It's all about merchanting, though, and has nothing to do with any situations other than that. But still... thought I would shareit with you guys and also ask what ya'lls stories were. If this topic does not belong here or has already been posted then you'll have to forgive me. I VERY briefly scanned the first 2 pages of general discussion and didn't notice any topic related. I've also been gone from the forums for a long time and am unaware of any other place this topic would best be suited.

BIG EDIT: Due to the using of an actual players name, I had to change part of my story. I didn't change the story at all, just the Runescape players name. Instead of his actual name I've used the name "Bob".

[hide=This is the greatest and best story ever told....]Zibls Merchanting History

DISCLAIMER: The dates, times, and prices used within this brief history are not all 100% correct. You have to understand that these experiences and situations were never recorded in stone and all of which are years old. I am human. I can, however, assure you that the stories and situations are 100% true and are in no way exaggerated or diluted. Enjoy.

Part #1 - In the Beginning

I joined Runescape in very late December 2001. When I first joined I was both confused and excited about runescape. The character class that I chose was an adventurer. I didn't know what in the heck to do first. The first two days ended up being pretty boring because I had no idea what to do and how to do it. On the 3rd day, I was collecting bones that were laying around when I noticed a guy in bright blue armor. I immediately approached the guy, asking what kind of armor he had. The guys name was Rubbermaid (whom I later found out years down the road was one of the 1st 1,000 people to ever join runescape) and it turned out the armor he was wearing was called runite. He was very friendly considering his higher level and me being such a newbie. I asked him how I could quickly earn some money so I could get started. The next day, Rubbermaid came back to Lumbridge and presented me with a free set of full bronze armor + bronze long sword + bronze square shield. I went nuts. I thought I was the best thing on runescape! He showed me the cows that were not far from Lumbridge castle and told me that if I gathered lots of cow hides, that he would buy them off of me for 20 gp a piece. I began slaying the cows. When my inventory got full, Rubbermaid would kindly come get them. The old RSC inventorys held 30 items. Since I had yet to discover a bank, I could only hold 24 cow hides (24 hides + all armor/weapons + coins = 30 slots) at a time. While at the cow pin I noticed something: other people there were trying to sell their cow hides. I thought to myself, why kill my own cows when I could just buy their hides? I began buying everyone elses hides that I could find for 10 gp each. Fast forward to the end of the week. I have accumulated just over 10,000 gp! And for near 2001 for a level 5 whos never been out of Lumbridge 10,000 gp is a lot.

Part 2: Bob, Dopen, and a Betrayal.

Dopen - Lets fast forward a loooong time. Ive been doing merchanting for months now and have obviously moved on from the cow pins of Lumbridge. Ive learned pretty much all there is to know about the game thus far, but am still not even slightly interested in raising my skill levels. It is nearing the middle of 2002. My skills were pretty crappy. If I had to ball park it, I would put my skill total around 450 and my combat level around 35? I was mining south of Falador when a guy who was passing thru stopped and asked if I had any iron. I told him I had only a few. He begged if he could have it. Reluctantly, I handed over my few iron ores. He thanked me and left. Less than 15 minutes later I received a message from the same guy (Dopen). He asked me to come to Falador bank for a surprise. Out of curiosity I went just to see what he wanted. He sent a trade request and threw up 200 cooked lobster certs!! I just about fell out of my chair. Cooked lobster certificates were worth 1,000 gp each and this was serious money in RSC in April 2002. Especially for someone of my level. He gladly gave them to me and left. I never seen him or spoke to him again, even though I added him to my friends list (he must have blocked me). I immediately went and sold those certs for 200,000 gp. Out of sheer excitement I turned around and bought a rune square shield (which at the time was worth a whopping 200,000 gp). After I bought it I sold it the same day for 215,000 gp. This put my total bank worth up to around 500,000 gp.

Bob -- Lets go forward another couple of months. Its summer time! While mining south of Falador, I began a conversation with a guy by the name of Bob. It was simple hey whats up? at first, but the convo quickly geared towards money making. I told Bob of my experiences and methods, along with the random 200 lobster certs that Dopen had given me a couple of months prior. There was an instant click between me and Bob. I understood him and his personality, as he did me and my personality. Whats even more is that he was a big merchant [bleep] like I was. After a couple of days he approached me in game and asked if I had instant messenger, that he had something important to discuss and it would be easier if we did it through AIM. We began talking. Although I obviously cant remember what exactly was said, I do know basically what Bob told me:

Bob: Okay so Ive got a friend who is in tight with a couple of high leveled people. Two of them have 99 smithing! Im trying to see if he will hook us up so we can really make some serious money.

I was excited. Why? Because unlike the runescape that exists today, there were only a handful of 99 smiths. I dont remember exactly how many, but I know for a fact it was around 7 or 8 (that included Bluerose13x, Musashi22, Yankeeyank1, Whitemagem to name a few). Over the next week or so, I constantly pestered Bob about the situation to see if his friend would come through for us. After a couple of weeks, I got news from Bob that we were good to go. We would each separately buy as many rune ores/coal/nature runes as we could afford, and get Bob friend to get one of his 99 smith friends to make us rune 2-handers. The only downfall about this is that I never once got to go with them or see any of the smiths. I would always just have to wait for Bob to bring me my share of r2hs. It was sketchy, but I trusted Bob so I was never too worried. Rune ores were NOT easy to come by. Unlike the thousands of rune miners in this day and age, there were not as many back in the day. Not to mention it was the old RSC mining method where you couldnt tell whether or not there was any ore in the rock. All these factors, plus the OUTRAGIOUSLY more dangerous pking system of RSC made rune mining difficult. Eventually I met and added a handful of rune miners so my rune ore supply was pretty steady. What I would do is buy coal certs (5 coal per cert) for 1,000 gp each and rune ores for about 50,000 gp each. Counting the natures (for superheat item) it was costing roughly 155,000 gp for the raw materials to produce 1 single rune 2 hander. As you can imagine, the gains werent huge in the beginning. I only had a little over 500,000 gp so was only able to get 3 r2hs made on the first go. As I said in the disclaimer, I cant remember exact prices, but I believe r2hs were easily selling 350k-450k. I was doubling my money on each smithing session! My first 3 r2hs sold for about 1.1 million gp. I took that gold, bought more raw materials, and would get more rune 2 handers smithed. Me and Bob were absolutely rolling in the wealth. Eventually Bob had earned the trust of the 99 smithers. This made things A LOT quicker. Instead of having to go through Bob friend, me and Bob could now deal with the 99 smiths directly. This made the money REALLY come flowing in. We went from being able to have only 1 smithing session a week, to 2. Doubling our income per week (depending on how quickly the swords were sold). It was nearing the end of summer and my bank had reached heights I could have never imagined. For fun, me and Bob decided to send each other a picture of our bank accounts through AIM. This, ultimately, was my downfall. The day after trading pictures with Bob, I logged in to find my character in Lumbridge with its friend list completely deleted. I frantically made it to a bank only to find everything valuable gone. Coins, ores, rune 2 handers all of it. I downloaded a virus scanner, and found a key logger on my system. The only logical explanation was that Bob sent it attached to his picture while we were direct connected through instant messenger. Conveniently, Bob never signed back onto AIM nor did he appear online in-game.

Part 3: The Comeback.

I was down, but not out. Thankfully I made it in good with the 99 smiths during my time with Bob. I added my 2 smithers (musashi22 and yankeeyank1), a couple of rune ore suppliers that I could remember, and about 10 or 15 good friends that I could remember. Through the graciousness of some friends, I managed to get my rune 2 hander business started again. It was wonderful! Even though I had became friends with the 99 smiths, I had very rarely delt with them 1-on-1 because Britches handled that. I kicked in to over drive with the shipments, sometimes getting as much as 3 sessions per week. Lets skip ahead a couple more months. Its now mid September. My bank account was bursting. I had managed to do more in 2 months than I had ever done COMBINED. By the end of September 2002, I was sitting on a bank account of just over 40 million! If I had to guess I would say 40 million gold in those days would be comparable to 500 million in todays time. However, I was getting extremely frustrated with my rune 2 hander business. 40 million gp worth of raw materials would get me roughly 250 rune 2 handers. The smiths that I had were naturally very busy with their own lives, and were not about to sit down and pound out 250 r2hs in a single sitting just for me. Even if they had, selling 250 rune 2 handers was not an easy task. I literally had TOO much money for a quick increase in gold. The shipment that put me at 40+ million gp (235 r2hs) was the last rune 2 hander shipment I ever did throughout my entire runescape career. I took a good break from merchanting, focusing more on my skills for the first time. It was the end of October. This meant Halloween! That year, Halloween masks were dropped. Within the first couple of days, a set of Halloween masks was selling for 50,000 (quite a bit of difference from todays prices wouldnt you say?). But thats not where the money was. I decided to plunge full force into the party hat market. 1 full set of party hats would run you about 20 million exactly in November 2002. So on November 4th, I struck a deal with a good friend that got me 2 full party hat sets for 39 million exactly. Pink, being the rarest back in those days, was the hat of choice that people wore if you were lucky enough to afford. I donned myself with my bronze plate, bronze legs, staff, and pink party hat (along with the rest of my hats) to do some merchanting.

Part 4: Party Hats, Sexy Money, and a Dupe

Party hats continued their steady climb. Things were going good. Great even. But things were very predictable. I logged on, I did some merchanting for a couple of hours in the back (rare) crowd of world 1 varrock castle, and eventually I would wander off for a little bit doing some random skilling. I had met some good friends along the way (most notably Wizardgir, who for the remainder of my runescape career would be my best in-game friend). But it wasnt the exciting golden days of Britches and the rune 2 hander business. Lets fast forward. As I said above, party hats continued their climb in price. At the beginning of January 2003 you could find a party hat set for around 22 million gp. By summer time (June), you were looking at 34 million gp a set. In fact, by the end of summer (august 1st), a party hat set had grown 9 million gp in worth. Lets fast forward to November 2003. I remember almost exactly what I had accumulated. 3 full hat sets, 1 extra green hat, 1 extra pink hat, and 9 million raw gp. If what little records I can find are correct, my total bank account was worth a staggering 185 million gp. Lets go forward exactly 1 week. November 7th, 2003... The dupe. I log on to a runescape in chaos. I see people selling party hats for under 1 million a piece. Sets for under 5. Im freaking out. I knew it wasnt just a couple of newbs trying to be funny, because EVERYONE was selling their rares at dirt cheap prices. Because of all the panic and confusion, all that was going through my head was get as much out of this bad situation as you can. I sold off every hat that I had. By the end of the day, my bank worth 185 million was sitting at a pathetic 25 million or so. I was crushed. I know tons of other people were crushed that day too, but I had no time to worry about others. I, along with most people, thought that the runescape market would never be the same. Eventually, I noticed that party hats began to rise gradually again. I took the remaining money I had (25 million) and purchased as many pink party hats as I could (which ended up being a stupid thing to do). My thought process was pink party hats were the rarest they will be again once party hats become more popular again. Wrong. Because pink party hats were the rarest (peaking at 17 million a piece prior to the duping), that was the rare that was most duplicated. Thus, the pink party hat became the most common of the party hats.

I eventually noticed that pinks were not doing so well, and quickly sold them off. I made a guess that pinks would no longer be the prize party hat they once were, so I turned my focus on the other colored hats. If I remember correctly, within 1 week of the dupe I had re-purchased as many party hats as I could afford (leaving out pink of course), which left me with 1 blue, 2 green, 1 white, 1 red, 1 yellow, and about 2 million gp left over. It was a time for rest and recuperation. The devastating effects of the dupe had sent the rare market plummeting but in various expensive items as well. Rune 2 handers were down to a record low of about 100k-150k a piece, and I hadnt contacted my 99 smiths in months. So that route was out of the question. I was tired and burnt out. I tucked my party hats in the corner of my bank, and forgot about them.

Part 5: The End of an Era

2003 had come and gone. What a year. Not only had I neared the 200 million mark (as far as net worth goes), but runescape had also witnessed its biggest chaos in history thanks to the duping. I didnt do any merchanting through the rest of 2003. For almost 2 whole months I had focused on skills and friends rather than the market. 2004 came with new hopes. Rumors of runescape 2 were billowing through the streets, and the best news of all: rares kept rising. Although I had not done any merchanting throughout the end of 2003, I still kept an eye on it and recorded the rises and falls of party hats. It was almost February 2004 when I decided it was time to get to merchanting again. My party hats were up to a total of about 33 million which was a lot better. Blue hats had sky rocketed past the rest, being worth 8 million at this point in time. I wont go in to very much detail because there isnt any. Nothing exciting happened throughout 2004 thats worth noting. No new friends that helped me grow leaps and bounds, no major events in runescape that affected me in any way.

Lets fast forward A LOOOONG time. It is the end of September 2005. Runescape 2 had come out by then, and I had also purchased members for the first time. I had managed for the first time ever to create a good balance between skilling and merchanting. I had found a new love in fletching and magic (getting my fletching level to 86 and magic to 75 prior to the fletch X and string X options). But one thing that bothered me was the way runescape had become. It was no longer exciting and fun. On top of that, it seemed like everyone and their mom was rich as hell! I hated it. Back in mid 2002, most people would near crap their pants if you threw up 1 or 2 million gp in a trade screen (or for that matter, a trade screen full of r2hs!). It seemed like with the release of runescape 2, 1 million gp became the new 100k gp. People were also hateful and terribly childish. I was sitting on a bank account of 3 blue party hats, 2 green, 1 white, 1 red, a couple of mask sets, and 20 to 25 million raw gp. All in all I know for a fact my bank account was worth around 420 million gp. Give or take.

October 5th, 2005. It was a Tuesday. After getting home from football practice, I brought up runescape to log in. I couldnt. I shrugged it off, thinking I typed my password wrong. Still couldnt. The best way to describe the feeling was an entire wave of sadness and disappointment over my body. I wasnt even mad. After resetting my password, I logged in to find my character stripped of everything. I had no idea what had happened. My Norton antivirus was up and running strong, and hadnt detected anything. Nor had I downloaded any questionable material or directly connected (through instant messenger) with any in-game friends. My password wasnt impossible to guess just extraordinarily unlikely. But I suppose if one of my in-game friends knew me really well (which some of them did), they could have gotten lucky and guessed it. I thought about trying to merchant my way back up the ladder again but I just couldnt. The rune 2 hander business had been long dead, and any really big jumps in money were through party hats and the cheapest one was pink selling at 27 million. I was tired, bored, and hatful for what the game had become. Reluctantly I hung up my hat, and graciously bowed out from runescape that very same day.

Part 6: Total Losses from 12/20/01 - 10/5/05

Bob hacking = 27,000,000 gp

The 2003 Duping = 185,000,000 gp

Oct. 5th hacking = 420,000,000 gp

Total Losses in 5 years = 632,000,000 gp (roughly)[/hide]

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

I always wanted to tell my story, but I doubt anyone would care.

Anyways I started at the end of 2004, a bit over 4 years ago. My very first account name was named Risen Jesus. I never got past the tutorial island, but I created another account called Skatepank. Playing on it was amazing, I remember saving up enough money to get full rune and I must've took like 50 pictures of it. Then I quit for half a year, and a bunch of other accounts follows:

Boerseun3 - Got to level 80 combat and about 1100 total level. My friend took it, when he was moving.

Killer GM - One day got locked for me swearing at jagex (it was supposed to be kind of a joke). Needless to say I never got it unlocked. 85 combat and 1350ish combat

And finally Mrlostman was born. This is the best account I've ever had, got it to 117 combat and 1750 total but I quit about half a year ago and haven't been able to really get back into the game, even though I want to. I will never forget RuneScape, it still and forever will hold a special place in my heart, but I can't stand the game anymore. I hope that changes.

I could tell countless stories, about how I "discovered" Torag Merchanting, making around 100m 2 years ago, of which I still own 25m. Maybe the game got boring after that, after I could buy and get anything? Not even having to try to get a deal or anything like that.

I never had many friends, I wish I did maybe it would've made my gameplay more fun...

See now, what had happend was, my friend came over before school (dec '05) and said "check out this cool new game" so I was like sure. I named myself after my hockey team name, which is actually a sponser (TBF graphics) and added my number. My brother also joined. I went on tutorial island but didn't log back on for a month because I was bored and thought Runescape was stupid. My brother and friend who introduced me to Runescape had recently got members, so I decided to take up the game again. A month later I got members. I played a lot during that summer and into the next school year and my grades were slumping. I stopped playing so much and my grades the next year were far better. That is really the only thing I regret from Runescape. Later on my friend that introduced me to RS was banned because he traded with an autoer. :| Well, Runescape was fun. ::'

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I created my first account in... early 2003 I think, but I don't remember exactly. Like Skatepank, I never made it off Tutorial Island. I created an account because the guy I had a crush on (who is now my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years ;)) was playing the game and talked about it from time to time. About a year and a half later (in 2004), I decided to try RuneScape again, and this time it stuck. I played for about two years straight, before going on my first break. During that time, I played around with almost every skill but eventually lost interest in combat and fell in love with certain skills, the first being woodcutting. I lost interest in the low 80s and my next obsession became runecrafting. I made quite a bit of GP off of runecrafting and ended up buying a few "prized possessions," including various party hats and dragon armour. I then took a few months off of RuneScape and came back about a month after construction was released. Runecrafting then funded my next interests including construction, herblore and prayer. A few months after finishing herblore, I took my first serious break from RuneScape. Over the next year, I alternated between breaks and half-heartedly playing RuneScape, before finally retiring in December of 2006.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I created my first account in... early 2003 I think, but I don't remember exactly. Like Skatepank, I never made it off Tutorial Island. I created an account because the guy I had a crush on (who is now my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years ;)) was playing the game and talked about it from time to time. About a year and a half later (in 2004), I decided to try RuneScape again, and this time it stuck. I played for about two years straight, before going on my first break. During that time, I played around with almost every skill but eventually lost interest in combat and fell in love with certain skills, the first being woodcutting. I lost interest in the low 80s and my next obsession became runecrafting. I made quite a bit of GP off of runecrafting and ended up buying a few "prized possessions," including various party hats and dragon armour. I then took a few months off of RuneScape and came back about a month after construction was released. Runecrafting then funded my next interests including construction, herblore and prayer. A few months after finishing herblore, I took my first serious break from RuneScape. Over the next year, I alternated between breaks and half-heartedly playing RuneScape, before finally retiring in December of 2006.

Tripsis I followed your blog closely, when you were going for 99 Construction and Runecrafting goals. Even though I spend all of my computer time on these forums, I rarely ever post but I always thought you were an interesting person and respected you for sticking to your goals. Well Done.

My biggest regret with RuneScape is letting my friends play on my account which led to countless bank robberies or stupid deaths... Never again. Or not yet :lol:

started in November 2004. couple of friends invited me and i thought it was ok if i played along. i first competed with my brother who was a lvl 22 that time, and his friend was already a 41... so i vigorously trained hard to catch up. and after that, a bunch of new friends started playing and trained to becoming higher lvls. at lvl 80+ i had a total of around 533. all my other friends were lvl 60-70s and had total lvls of 800+. i was dubbed the combat noob. after lvl 82, an online friend managed to hack me since i trusted him (i knew him since i was like lvl 50.) after that, i started a new account, and trained that account to around lvl 77. then it was hacked AGAIN and now i started over...out of sympathy, my friend gave me a green mask to start me off. he was already lvl 100+ and i felt really behind. i was his "noobcake" and constantly begged him for more items. few months later, his partyhat got scammed and quitted. then all my other friends started quitting and sold their accounts, including my brother who got his account hacked at lvl 69...so after that, i was the only one playing runescape. and joined tip.it around a year later.

Tripsis I followed your blog closely, when you were going for 99 Construction and Runecrafting goals. Even though I spend all of my computer time on these forums, I rarely ever post but I always thought you were an interesting person and respected you for sticking to your goals. Well Done.

My biggest regret with RuneScape is letting my friends play on my account which led to countless bank robberies or stupid deaths... Never again. Or not yet :lol:

Thank you very much Skatepank :) I really appreciate it! My blog meant a lot to me. The hardest part about quitting RuneScape was leaving my blog and knowing that I would be letting down all of my loyal posters/readers!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Haha I love these stories! Keep em coming.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

I first saw the game when I was watching my brother playing and fighting cows/goblins. He said "You can also do other stuff aswell..." -Scrolls skills- I decided to give it a try and then I was obsessed. I loved killing things and skilling and eventually I forced my mum to give me membership. I decided that my favourite skill was Thieving. As I saw the skillcape update come out I desperately wanted a skillcape so I got Fletching. Easy and can talk to friends when training.

I then wanted to trim my cape as fast as possible and I found out that willows were extremely cheap in the general store from 63-99 it would only cost me 1.4m so I got it.

Then I got Pyramid Plunder obsessed to my third cape Thieving.

Then I wanted Agility badly and went to World 46 Ape Atoll and made some friends so Agility was fine.

Then it was Hunter because I wanted a lot of money and a 5th cape. :D

I created my first account back around February 14(ish) 2002 because my friend told me I should. I didn't do much on this account, other than walk aimlessly around, using the library computers and talk with my brother. I remember when my brother got a brown shield and I was jealous and a lot of my friends had santa hats. Haha. Well, nothing much happened on this account. I quit for a couple years, then returned for Christmas in 2004 to claim a yo yo from santa in Varrock. Then I quit for another year and came back in 2005. My friend had long since given up so I asked him for his account and he let me have it. I log on to find a lvl 55 cb char with a r2h. Wow I thought, this is crazy! Well, my family decided to get faster internet other than dial up at home so then I started to play RS a lot more. I always thought guthix armor was cool so for about a week i coal mined every day and right after 6 days or so I got the 1.2m worth of coal and bought it, that was a good day! Ever since I first started I always had wanted a Santa Hat. When they were around 5m, I always tried to get up there, but never could. Eventually, I learned some decent merchanting methods because I knew that mining coal wouldn't be able to get me there... So I get members, and by this time the Santa hat is around 19m (2 summers ago). I work all summer and finally near the end of it, I have enough to buy a santa hat. YAY. that was a great day. I keep this santa for awhile, and last december, after the trade updates, I log on to see people selling santas for way cheaper due to the trade updates. I just thought, ok, i'll hold onto it, because they will rise very fast right after christmas. wrong. I sold after christmas for about 14m, a 5m loss. Due to the instability of the rares markets, I haven't purchased one since... Well, i didn't play much until the summer when I got membership again, and I managed to go from 14m to 23m during that summer. Since then, not much has happened, and I have since quit membership and continue my everyday life.

Losses of Money

1. Pro__Farme Scam - i get a random pm from some Pro__Farme saying he will give me a santa, full dragon, and a red phat, if i managed to find an eye of gnome and trade it to him. He said it was urgent and he needed it RIGHT now. I thought, wow, i better get this fast i don't wanna pass up this deal! So i'm in the bank and i quickly see someone yelling "selling eye of gnome!" i quickly trade him and I say how much, he says what you got, stupidly, i say that I have full guthix and 1m... So he insists that I must give him all of it. I make the deal and trade, thinking, i can buy all this stuff back once i trade the other guy for my phat. I make the deal, and pm the pro__farme on where to meet. He says edgeville. I quickly run to edgeville, only to find no green dots. Dismayed and hurt and dissapointed, i pace around in circles in the edgeville bank, hoping somehow he would come. He never did, I think i cried that day, I had worked so hard for it...

2. lost about 4m because of a big bone/regular bone scam.

Favorite merchanting methods.

-I would buy air runes at the air altar on world 16 for for 15 gp each, and then sell in world 1 varrock for 20 gp each. I went from 1m to 5m that way.

-Got members, and merched everything in world 2. mage books, wands, furies, robins, rangers, d chains, d longs, glories, infinity, (lil bit of barrows), d legs.

I started this game a couple of years back when I played another game called Dofus. My friends played this one so I thought of giving it a buzz. I made a character called Bartimaus56 and on my first day got lead into the Wilderness by two level 11 and 29 wizards who promptly killed me. Without my items or any knowledge of the game and having met these two bullies in the Jolly Boar inn; I thought this game sucks! and hung up my boots.

I was, a few months later visiting a friend who I did not know very well. His brother and him had discovered Runescape and at there house I created "Eragonrools". With the befit of hindsight I may see that addiction to a book back then has not helped my cyberstreet-cred particularly as it is spelled wrong incorrectly!

I pottered as a non-member for about 15 months completing the quests and skilling my limited skills. I started buckling down to work a few school terms back in the run up to Common Entrance in order to get into my first choice public school. My school report said that I was such a good student that my mother said I may become a full member on Runescape. I keep my status to today and boast some very agreeable stats.

I joined these forums a couple of days ago and had a very big confidence boost which resulted in me killing a level 120 Black Knight Titan during Holy Grail quest, a level 101 Tree Spirit without weapons in Lost City quest as well as Elvarg of Crandor plus the odd Lesser Demon in Dragon Slayer quest!

I must go now as I have to complete Fairy Tale I quest!

See you all on Runescape!

I registered my first and only account, Cup Lion, in February of this year. On the same day, I registered on these forums and made a blog, through which I met a few nice people.

I applied for the very large nonmember skilling clan, The Total F2P Skillers April 27, 2008, and was accepted a few weeks later after meeting the requirements.

No really big events have happened so far in my career.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

I might go a tad bit off-topic, but I relish my chance to tell my story.

So, I started on my first account, somewhere around the release of RS2. The name was "Supermacqan", and it was really fun to level on him, and I still remember the pride I felt when I wore my first piece of armour. Anyhow, my friend wanted to borrow it. So I let him. GF Supermacqan.

So I beat on, and formed another account, which had Black (g), but no, the password is long forgotten.

And now here I am, on this account, and still going strong...

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

july of 2003 - my friend told me of a game that i could kill time with and i might enjoy and linked me to it

never one to doubt a friend i created my first account kengo noxrio

it didnt stick .. i got to about 13 cb and quit

on to dec 05

i heard rs got a graphical improvment .. i also found my orig account had been deleted so i made a new one

kembool was born

i spent weeks leveling him and questing so i could wear rune .. along the way i met josh .. who helped me finish shield of arrav .. were still irl friends to this day however hes since quit runescape

in feb 06 i joined runescape and spent 48 hours straight playing .. i quickly found myself with my first million gold and a relevant level in the slaying skill .. i was hooked

months of slaying followed

sep 07 months of rounding my combat out .. getting 50 prayer 70 attack and defense .. and decidng then and there my first 99 would be strength

slayer netted me an additional 3 million gold by then and i was happy about my account regardless of those with more gold

i took a break till jan of 08 and attempted to log in but found i couldnt , i quickly used my recoveries and set a new pass .. thank god for my pin all i lost was my rune armor and my weapon which i could replace with minimal effort

i finished monkey madness this year , got my neitzinot helm as well as 95 str .. well along my way to my goal .. i hope to find another friend like josh but even alone i stand here .. and will continue to

Tis' now a work in progress cause I'm inspired by your story to write my own.

Basically:

- Started 2001-02 (don't remember lol) with newbie player Crasher69, due to mates from school intro'ing me to the game. Then stopped for a couple months.

- Mates got back into the game but by this time I didn't remember my player password. One of my friend's name was "girl power45" thus I named my new player "boy power45". PLayed for abit, and early the next year, I never found out who, but a friend hacked and stole my player, thus me stopping for a little while.

- Then a started a newer player, J Co Zar, my favourite of all time, played on her for about a year.

- Then a friend got back BP45 for me somehow when I forgot Jco's pass and blah blah.

- 2006, started 99 fishing goal

- 2007, completed goal.

- have been involved in a clan known as the ges and have been a member of the tet au previously.

Thats basically it i think.

Missed some details but i gtg so im rushing lol.

Cheers

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

I first find out about runescape at Late Nov 2004 with the first ever runescape account i made ... sir_bobalot, then after about 1 month of playing rs i find that it was rather boring so i quit and gave my account away to my friend who introduce me to rs... right after i gave it to him i know it was a bad mistake ... Then about a year or 2, i introduced it to my bro and created sir_dricula. From then on i started to train up my new account and begining to pwned at rs... i m still playing runescape, thanks to tip it help and advice + kind tip iter which allowed me to continute on my account, found new friends and target to prevent myself from getting too bored of runescape. ty tip it for all those wonderful help you have given me ;) thanks you ;)

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I'm pretty sure that I started in late 2004, I found RuneScape on Miniclip. :thumbsup: My first account was badphoeybad with 1 o. I remember not knowing how to train other combat skills other than attack. This is were I met my first friend. Although our friend ship didn't last long.. He was still the first, we played together for awhile, then one day he never logged back on... Anways, I was killing goblins by Lumbridge castle, and a he walked up and I asked him how to train strength and defense. He quickly told me and I think I got to around 5 attack, 4 strength, and 1 defense. I thought I was getting pretty strong, so I attempted to kill the level 15 unicorn that wonders around Lumbridge... I was wrong about the strong part. Of course I died, lost my bronze sword and wooden shield, and thought.. what the heck, I'll just restart and get a brand new shield and sword.

This gave birth to my 2nd account, badphooeybad with 2 o's. ::' Upon creating this account, I had a better knowledge of things to do in RuneScape and started raising combat, doing quests, and skilling. The 2nd disaster of my RuneScape career came around this time. I managed to gather up a full set of steel armor, and was very proud of it. I still never really roamed from Lumbridge at this point, and a new player wondered over to me asking where the wizards tower was, so me being a nice person led him to it. I really don't remember how but I ended up dieing to a wizard and losing my set of steel. This might have been the first time I cried over RuneScape..(haha...) This time I didn't make a new account though, and continued on my way to raising my total.

My next memory was moving up through the armor sets. I remember getting a full set of mithril, and then wanting to move up to adamant. I had never seen much adamant out, so I thought it was an expensive armor. I came upon a deal in Falador West bank. A player by the name of Psychogambit offered to sell me an adamant kite for the price of 100 big bones. Of course I agreed not knowing the price of the kite or the price of big bones. Me not knowing where they were found, he kindly offered me the way probably laughing the whole time about how he was selling me a kite worth probably 6k for a total of 100 big bones which added up to about 30k at the time. After getting my 100 big bones from the Hill Giants, he sold me the adamant shield, and I guess I wanted to be friends with him after he ripped me off because he was my 2nd RuneScape friend.

With Psychogambit showing me a new source of income coming from big bones, I managed make some more money and being able to buy a full set of adamant. Going from shop to shop, ( I didn't think of buying it from other players at the time ), I bought a full set of adamant. Still hitting the big bones hard, I made enough money to buy full rune. With me acquiring full rune, I moved on to bigger and better things, rares. My first big step towards a rare was in world 1 at Varrock West, someone mistakenly bought a mere 60 big bones for 200k! Me of course still being quite nooby, ran out of the bank with the money and got lost in the crowed. :oops: With that sale I think i doubled my net worth from 200k to 400k. With this new amount of money I made my way to the back of the bank and joined the richboys of RuneScape. I saw santa hats going for 500k a piece, and with only 400k, I knew I had to hit the hill giants up again. I spent the whole next day killing giants and gathering bones for enough money to buy a santa hat. Little did I know, rares were rising at a pretty fast pace. When I managed to get 500k, they were already 600k! I was alittle disappointed but went back to hill giants and made 100k more. This time I had enough for my Santa Hat. <3:

I'm pretty sure by this point it was nearing late 2006 meaning I've played for around 2 years. I never really had any trouble with scammers... up until this day. A player with the name of Jagex(random numbers here) walked up to me and told me to follow him. Me thinking I was in trouble or something of course followed. He continued to tell me that he worked for Jagex and my "Account" had a virus on it that could endanger all of RuneScape. ( Ya... I know... :wall: ) At first I questioned him, then he came up with an excuse about going to the site and checking his identification. That sounded like to much trouble for me and I said ok, so I gave him my password and logged out so he could "fix" the virus. That being said I lost my santa hat...

The story after all that isn't very exciting, I managed to get another santa hat, and finally buy members at around level 100. This is when the last trouble on this account happened. After buying members for a month, I of course wanted more but my mom wouldn't let me, so I found an alternate course of action... I'm not proud of it but it happened, I started buying membership for 500k a month. This is what led to the end of badphooeybad. It ended up getting banned for RWT, and I started a brand new account named Baracudda006 from scratch. I slowely leveled this new account up through these last two years and I still play on it now with a combat level of 125 and a total of 1805. :)

Sorry if some of you will hate my for RWTing but I really wanted that membership. :| I swear I haven't broke any rules since. :lol:

Whew.... that was the most I think I've ever wrote on Tip.it in the 3 years I've been here... :roll: I hope someone actually reads it. -.-

pongr.png

[hide=]I'm pretty sure that I started in late 2004, I found RuneScape on Miniclip. :thumbsup: My first account was badphoeybad with 1 o. I remember not knowing how to train other combat skills other than attack. This is were I met my first friend. Although our friend ship didn't last long.. He was still the first, we played together for awhile, then one day he never logged back on... Anways, I was killing goblins by Lumbridge castle, and a he walked up and I asked him how to train strength and defense. He quickly told me and I think I got to around 5 attack, 4 strength, and 1 defense. I thought I was getting pretty strong, so I attempted to kill the level 15 unicorn that wonders around Lumbridge... I was wrong about the strong part. Of course I died, lost my bronze sword and wooden shield, and thought.. what the heck, I'll just restart and get a brand new shield and sword.

This gave birth to my 2nd account, badphooeybad with 2 o's. ::' Upon creating this account, I had a better knowledge of things to do in RuneScape and started raising combat, doing quests, and skilling. The 2nd disaster of my RuneScape career came around this time. I managed to gather up a full set of steel armor, and was very proud of it. I still never really roamed from Lumbridge at this point, and a new player wondered over to me asking where the wizards tower was, so me being a nice person led him to it. I really don't remember how but I ended up dieing to a wizard and losing my set of steel. This might have been the first time I cried over RuneScape..(haha...) This time I didn't make a new account though, and continued on my way to raising my total.

My next memory was moving up through the armor sets. I remember getting a full set of mithril, and then wanting to move up to adamant. I had never seen much adamant out, so I thought it was an expensive armor. I came upon a deal in Falador West bank. A player by the name of Psychogambit offered to sell me an adamant kite for the price of 100 big bones. Of course I agreed not knowing the price of the kite or the price of big bones. Me not knowing where they were found, he kindly offered me the way probably laughing the whole time about how he was selling me a kite worth probably 6k for a total of 100 big bones which added up to about 30k at the time. After getting my 100 big bones from the Hill Giants, he sold me the adamant shield, and I guess I wanted to be friends with him after he ripped me off because he was my 2nd RuneScape friend.

With Psychogambit showing me a new source of income coming from big bones, I managed make some more money and being able to buy a full set of adamant. Going from shop to shop, ( I didn't think of buying it from other players at the time ), I bought a full set of adamant. Still hitting the big bones hard, I made enough money to buy full rune. With me acquiring full rune, I moved on to bigger and better things, rares. My first big step towards a rare was in world 1 at Varrock West, someone mistakenly bought a mere 60 big bones for 200k! Me of course still being quite nooby, ran out of the bank with the money and got lost in the crowed. :oops: With that sale I think i doubled my net worth from 200k to 400k. With this new amount of money I made my way to the back of the bank and joined the richboys of RuneScape. I saw santa hats going for 500k a piece, and with only 400k, I knew I had to hit the hill giants up again. I spent the whole next day killing giants and gathering bones for enough money to buy a santa hat. Little did I know, rares were rising at a pretty fast pace. When I managed to get 500k, they were already 600k! I was alittle disappointed but went back to hill giants and made 100k more. This time I had enough for my Santa Hat. <3:

I'm pretty sure by this point it was nearing late 2006 meaning I've played for around 2 years. I never really had any trouble with scammers... up until this day. A player with the name of Jagex(random numbers here) walked up to me and told me to follow him. Me thinking I was in trouble or something of course followed. He continued to tell me that he worked for Jagex and my "Account" had a virus on it that could endanger all of RuneScape. ( Ya... I know... :wall: ) At first I questioned him, then he came up with an excuse about going to the site and checking his identification. That sounded like to much trouble for me and I said ok, so I gave him my password and logged out so he could "fix" the virus. That being said I lost my santa hat...

The story after all that isn't very exciting, I managed to get another santa hat, and finally buy members at around level 100. This is when the last trouble on this account happened. After buying members for a month, I of course wanted more but my mom wouldn't let me, so I found an alternate course of action... I'm not proud of it but it happened, I started buying membership for 500k a month. This is what led to the end of badphooeybad. It ended up getting banned for RWT, and I started a brand new account named Baracudda006 from scratch. I slowely leveled this new account up through these last two years and I still play on it now with a combat level of 125 and a total of 1805. :)

Sorry if some of you will hate my for RWTing but I really wanted that membership. :| I swear I haven't broke any rules since. :lol:

Whew.... that was the most I think I've ever wrote on Tip.it in the 3 years I've been here... :roll: I hope someone actually reads it. -.-[/hide]

i enjoyed reading it ::'

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

[hide=]I'm pretty sure that I started in late 2004, I found RuneScape on Miniclip. :thumbsup: My first account was badphoeybad with 1 o. I remember not knowing how to train other combat skills other than attack. This is were I met my first friend. Although our friend ship didn't last long.. He was still the first, we played together for awhile, then one day he never logged back on... Anways, I was killing goblins by Lumbridge castle, and a he walked up and I asked him how to train strength and defense. He quickly told me and I think I got to around 5 attack, 4 strength, and 1 defense. I thought I was getting pretty strong, so I attempted to kill the level 15 unicorn that wonders around Lumbridge... I was wrong about the strong part. Of course I died, lost my bronze sword and wooden shield, and thought.. what the heck, I'll just restart and get a brand new shield and sword.

Whew.... that was the most I think I've ever wrote on Tip.it in the 3 years I've been here... :roll: I hope someone actually reads it. -.-[/hide]

i enjoyed reading it ::'

Yay, 1 loyal fan. \'

pongr.png

I started in late 05. Sorry for any mid stakes in spelling am on my itouch lol. But yeah I started in late 05 and I remember because one day I'd come home from school and threw the school newspaper on the table and my step dad started to read it. He said to me why don't you try this game in here called runescape. Later I went to my friend reeces house. We were bored on the computer. I said why don't we try that runescape that was in the school paper. We went on it and I created my account called animaslayer. I called it that because anyone who has played ffx knows anima. And because it's so strong I thought it would be a good name animaslayer. I made him call his account reeko06 and I remember my words being call it 06 so when you have high levels they will think you only made it in. 2006 not 2005.

I played for a little bit at home but I got stuck on tutorial island at the bank cause I couldn't get the right angle to open the door. I came back a few days later got off the island and I was addicted

I went on a school holiday to lledr hall in Wales. I came back and found out we didn't have Internet. I had to live for 6 months without runescape and for me as a 10 year old at the time it was hell. Now I think about it it may have been deliberate to cut my computer time down

Earlier this year I lost interest alot of interest. I'd write more about friends and scams but it would be really hard and annoying to write all of it out on an itouch lol

::'

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P