What's your Runescape story?

Zibl

1.6 - Naming Names

Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted. That person is not able to defend themselves or their actions and what seems like an inappropriate action, which can often be a simple misunderstanding, can lead to a negative reaction against that person.

First post edited to remove content which breaks this rule.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

well hello, this is my first post on tip.it, i dont reallt know if someone is going to read this but here go my story:

All stars at 2005 i dont have very good memory so i dont remember very well :(

One day a friend said, me: "do you want to play runescape" i said him: "what a [bleep] is that" he show me the game, i said "this is a game for freaks" but i play it anyway, i think i only play the first 6 second (after tutorial) and i love it, so i continue playing, i start at mage,m i think a mage will owns,

but i reallyse maging wasnt mine, so i start training combat, well i train 2 year only melee, i get lvl 112 on f2p (kardinal x) i quit a year and now i continue playing for get non melee skills, better than 50 rang, can u beleve it?? a lvl 112 with 50 ranged!!!! omg. x D

I have tried to remember when I really started playing Runescape but for the life of me I cannot nail the exact time down. I know it was in my Visual Basic class I took the first semester of my junior year which would put it late '01. My first account was Skiwee which is the name that I use in everything from Warcraft 3 to Pokemon. It is my online alias I guess you could say. But I digress. I started playing in the free time that I had during class because VB has always been ridiculously easy to code for me. I made my character an adventurer and set out from Lumbridge. I cannot remember much but I know I picked up both the Cooks assistent and the quest where you make the wool balls. I fought goblins for hours and never really got my bearings in Lumbridge. Shortly after I came to tip.it (while trying to figure Vampire Slayer out).

I am a skiller and skiwee was no different. A friend of mine and I would alternate mining and smithing as we worked our way into some cash. We worked hours upon hours mining, smelting, watching our characters dream of bars until we finally reached the point where we could make full mith. This during a time whem mith was still worth something. We were foolish and never sold to other players. We liked the constant ability to sell to vendors and did not like wasting time trying to sell to other players (a habit that still sticks with me though the GE has made things much easier). I spent much of my senior year and freshman year of college in Varrock southeastern mine or the crafting guild once I found out how well Gold sold in the Port Sarim shop.

During my freshman year of college I got members and pushed for my goal of all quests done. I still crafted and crested the level 70 mark to be able to make Amulets of Power which sold for 10k each at the time. Glories of course were my next stop and 99 has always been my dream. I made my first million and failed my first class ever. It was then that I quit Runescape. I knew it took too much of my time and I needed to keep my GPA high enough to keep my scholarship. I continued school and learned to balance my time better. One day as I sat before my computer after a long night of Warcraft 3 I remembered my old Runescape account and wondered how things had changed. Dark Age of Camelot was growing old and I needed something to fill my time. I went to log in and found that my password no longer worked... I went to retrieve my account using the automated system but found that requests for my account were "no longer being taken" as they had had too many problems with it. I am not sure what happened but I do know that Skiwee is no longer in the highscores and the name is still taken... I sadly remade a character and started my long trek to where I find myself these days. I completed all the quests after Swan Song came out and have kept my log complete since, usually finishing quests on the day of their releases. I have a couple of 99s but that crafting 99 is something I still long to have. After starting over I felt like it was too hard a challenge to get it to 99 but I soon found that it was much easier to level these days. I achieved my 99s this year after taking a year break and now enjoy farming and crafting while talking to my good friends in ventrilo. If it were not for them I probably would not play as they make the monotony much more bearable. All in all I have enjoyed my time playing with few regrets. It has been good.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Lets see...

My Runescape career began somewhere during Spring 2001, I believe in April. I was in Middle School computer class (8th grade) and one of my buddies tapped me on the shoulder to come check out "this awesome game". I obliged, and it changed my life. At the time Runescape consisted of only a couple of servers (no more than 3) with only around 300 players on each. I got into the game hardcore, as did many of my friends. In fact, the rest of our 8th grade computer class was spent playing together during class, along with about half of the other students. During the following Summer much of that group faded and stopped playing, save me and one other friend (I Am Brian). We both persevered and played endlessly for the next 2 years, until he quit. My claim to fame may not be readily visible by glancing at my stats, but I was one of the original high-level characters. Somewhere floating on the internet is an "Original Level 100s" list from back in 2002, I am on that list. I was hacked sometime in 2004, losing several party hats, easter eggs, and a pumpkin. This discouraged me greatly and I found trouble regaining momentum in the game. It wasn't until late 2005 that I found traction and began focusing on balancing my then combat-specific character out. That continues to this day...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

In 2001, I discovered this game through Miniclip. I made an account(Hirokim[some forgotten numbers, I think 93]) but soon got bored of playing. In March of 2003, I was re-introduced by a girl I had taken a liking to. At this time, I was living in a poor part of my city, as my parents were jobless.

I was soon addicted to the game merely because this one girl played it. I was introduced to Tip.It in mid 2004, by the same girl. At first I had only used this site for the guides, but talked in the chat occasionally as well. I then made a forum account in 2006.

The girl that had introduced me to RuneScape and Tip.It eventually got bored of the game in 2006 and quit. I remained playing. In 2008, I had gotten 99 agility, 99 defence, a quest cape, my first 100m cash and much much more than I had ever dreamed of!

It's only now that I have quit RuneScape that I have thought about pursuing something more than a friendship with the girl who changed my life. With something as small as introducing me to a game, I had developed a photographic memory, learned more about, well, everything, than school could ever teach me.

I've quit RuneScape finally after so many years, because of school - and an amazing girl.

That's my story shortened down(I'm using my grandparents' laptop in Japan -.- ).

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I've written up my story a few times but can't find it right now. I doubt too many people will bother reading something lengthy so I'll try to keep it short.

edit: Not short, having finished. But I hope you read it, because I feel I offer a pretty unique and interesting perspective. :)

I started playing around 2002-2003 shortly after tutorial island came out. I had the usual fun times leveling as a newb stage, then found my calling as a merchant. Back then, merchanting was really different. The way I did it was pretty mundane to begin with. I mass bought arrows switching worlds for a few gp each, and sold thousands at a time for like 30gp each. Once I had a few hundred thousand gp (keep in mind, back then, that was a considerable amount of money), I bought a green mask. Compare the 250k it cost me then to whatever green masks are worth now for a relative comparison. Granted they were less rare, but money was valued completely differently. I then merchanted masks until I had a set. I merchanted santa hats and masks for awhile, but became bored.

Then I shifted gears yet again. I borrowed a party hat from a friend and merchanted that. Then I could afford my own party hat, and used the two to make a lot of money fast. One morning I felt like logging on before school and in a drowsy state got scammed in a trade for a huge half my net worth loss. I had to work awhile to regain the worth of my friends party hat, gave him it back, and then gave up merchanting for awhile.

Then something interesting happened. Party hats got duplicated. Initially I was hesitant to buy some until I heard they probably wouldn't get deleted. I traded a drag medium (worth 2.1mil) for a purple party hat which I still have to this day. I also got a green and blue party hat pretty cheap. I merchanted a lot during this time and owned 3 party hats. To this day I have 4, so to people who wonder why I have such a high networth, it's a pretty simple story. That and I won a green party hat in a drawing on my birthday one year. :)

Anyway, merchanting got boring again. I didn't want to sell my party hats because they kept gaining more and more worth. By this time other things had caught my interest in runescape. I had founded my own clan I co-lead (the elite fellowship), and got involved with the scapeboard/tip it community. After my clan disbanded, I joined Corruption. That was fun for awhile, and I made a lot of friends through it. However, they raised requirements up too high, and I lost interest in pk'ing eventually so I left. Wanting to feel a sense of community again, I created along with Duke Freedom a forum called RGE - the runescape goods exchange. This board was meant for runescape merchanters to post their merchanting tricks and to trade rares primarily. I never lost interest in the economy throughout this time, and Duke and I became great friends discussing the economy.

Once rs2 came along, party hats hit rock bottom. Both of us were really interested in the economy at this time, and made some interesting moves because really the market was devoid of other merchanters. Duke seized this moment and took his claim to fame as runescape's first billionaire. We both launched a new site, the runescape monopoly, meant as a 'clan' of merchanters to talk about the runescape economy and offer tips.

By this time I had been playing for quite some time. I did all the quests and got my skills up to around 60-70, the highest I could tolerate. I had joined the TET awhile back, and was enjoying that. However, our boards we made were becoming inactive. We both at this point got accepted as tip it staff here. I worked on the site crew, mostly with misplacedme where he transferred the bestiary to me. I had worked under Eeeeediot for awhile, then he transferred leadership to Kiara Kat. Shortly after that because of college and a combination of other things, I left the crew, and a year later, left TET.

I had enjoyed working on the bestiary, but wanted to do something different. Again talking with Duke Freedom, I had the idea of a site similar to Digg but runescape related. This became the editorial section of runehead. We ended up recruiting some of the best minds the community of runescape had to offer. Eeeeediot and KS Jeppe headed this project, working closely with Duke and I. Eventually after looking at traffic statistics, it turned out the work we were doing was just too much. The project became too much like the tip it times Eeeeediot had created earlier, and we all became too busy to really transform it into the initial vision we shared. I didn't want the team Duke and I helped assemble to dissipate, so I helped transfer it over to the editorial team we have now. I helped lead this for a few weeks, but realized after my initial leadership there was only so much more I could do in shaping the project. I decided to leave because I didn't play enough to write much up anymore.

At this point I had just left the TET and editorial board on TIF. I still frequently posted on the boards, but because of college, gradually stopped playing runescape. After additions such as the GE and trade restrictions, runescape just was no longer the same game to me. Everything I had enjoyed about the game in it's early stages had been removed. One of the things that tied runescape together for me as an interesting game was the free economy. From predicting and discussing economic trends, managing TET funds, slave auctions, and drop parties as TET treasurer, trading and lending rares, a core of the game was removed. I enjoyed the free market, and once jagex took control, I no longer felt like runescape was the same game I enjoyed. The economy wasn't the only thing the game offered for me, but the small core that initially drew me in was removed. Sure, the graphics are great now, the skills have become more fun and fast to level, but this removal of what the game used to be in combination with my lack of time attending the University of Michigan caused me to abandon runescape save for holiday events and random logins. I still post on TIF and enjoy this community. I still follow runescape's news. I still keep in touch with a lot of the amazing friends I wish I could list and talk about. But that chapter in my life's closed.

1.6 - Naming Names

Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted. That person is not able to defend themselves or their actions and what seems like an inappropriate action, which can often be a simple misunderstanding, can lead to a negative reaction against that person.

First post edited to remove content which breaks this rule.

Ugh. My bad. But you basically removed the best/most important part of my "Merchant History" story :wall: . Is there ay way I can put it back up and instead of using the person's actually RS name use some random name like "Jimmy"?

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

I have read every single post. And the more I read, the more dissapointed I have become. Why? Because I started 2 months before summer vacation started in 2004 (did RS2 come out yet?), and I am still a level 73 combat on my main.

Epic fail, no?

But, to just make myself feel better, I did quit RS for a better part of a year.

I started RS when a friend of mine showed me it in class one day in 5th grade. I never got past it Tutorial Island with my first account of grim reap### (forgot them). I was just a little bit interested at the time, because Tutorial Island was just boring! I couldn't find that fishing spot for like at least half an hour!

So after leaving RS, I found it on Miniclips, as the #1 game on the list. I was like "Wait, I've heard of that before...". I decided to make an account again, and named it grim reap437, partially because of my first account, partially because of my friend that showed me the game back in fifth grade, and because I try to use "Grim Reaper" or any parts of it in all games and anything that has you sign up and have an account of some sort. Since I finished part of Tutorial Island the first time, I remembered parts of it, I was still pretty confused when I got 'ported to Lumbridge. I stayed there, killing Goblins until I was a level 20 something. Yeah, that's how long I stayed there. I didn't even know what a General Store did, I had to drop my chicken feathers and colored beads, to make room for all the Goblin Armour I was picking up, oh what a hard decision it was...

I got lucky. I moved after fifth grade so I was the new kid in school, but apparently, someone played RS in that class and had quit a while ago. I asked him if I could have his account, and he gave me his account; bballer007, and this is where I got hooked. Bballer007 was a level 71, and to a RS player with a level 20 character experience in the game, he was like a God.

The first time I logged on with Bballer, he was in the Hill Giants Cave, I was basically killing them with my bare hands. I basically quit grim reap, because now I had this super ultra mega uber character! I basically discovered most of the things that made RS tick on this account, because he was such a higher level, I could explore more, with less worry of dieing and other things.

I stayed in that cave for quite a while and decided to explore, just a wee bit, and found that the door was locked, so I climbed back downstairs and saw a mine! I knew how to mine! But I had no pickaxe, so I decided to buy the cool blue looking one from a level 50 ish.

And here is where the term "Noob" was coined: I tried buying the cool looking blue pickaxe with 200 some GP and feathers and a normal staff. Yeah. If that didn't invent the word "Noob", I really want to know what did.

I think someone or I just found the key to the door, but somehow, I eventually got out, and found Varrock. I had no clue that another city existed outside of Lumbridge. I eventually got to exploring every city that was f2p, and basically learning mediocre knowledge about all the skills and combat and whatnot.

Then I got hacked. I think it was in RL, some guy sitting next to me must have seen my slow typing in the library, and so I lost Bballer007. But I was not sad. I had learned enough from Bballer, and I decided to go back to Grim Reap437, and I made swift progress. I went through every armor set, finished all the quests, and just having fun doing anything and everything.

The thing I learned from this is that the prize is still what matters, but how you get there is a major factor. I had no clue what to do with a level 71 then, but now, I actually spent a lot of time getting my character to level 73, and I had fun doing it, instead of everyone calling me a noob because I tried to buy a rune pickaxe with feathers.

Ok, and back to the story. I basically played like 1 - 2 hours for every 2 weeks for the past half year. But just like 2 days ago. I woke up at 1:00 AM, and decided I wanted RS. So I played until 7:00, because then I was super sleepy and because I had work, so I was thinking I should get some sleep. I finally mangaed to get to level 60 woodcutting, and attack to 60, strength to 61, and defense to 55. And that was on my main! What a saga!

Where do I begin? I found out about runescape whilst in school suring 2002. I was only 10 at the time but I didn't play it there. I went home and played it. I created many accounts initially before settling on what I could truly call my first account. His name was terror13.

I can't remember much other than having him stolen from me in 2003 due to some password scam. I created terror13 2. This went bad and followed by terror13x. He was a pure but got stolen too.

Then came deaddragon1. I created him and did my usual plan which was to smith armour to make money. A kind high level player gave me full iron minus the shield and an iron 2-hander. ( This was still Runescape Classic). Then I got bored and quit. He was also the one which I experienced my first runescpae holiday.

When the RS2 Beta came round, I didn't go back since my computer could not handle the grpahics and only around June 2004 did I return. He was highest leveled account at lvl 61 before he was stolen again, I completed all the f2p quests and raised my cooking and fishing into the 60's on that one. Heart broken, I went to my current one.

Lordmshorts was born in 2005 but became my main in 2006. With him I did the same things with deaddragon1 but I tried to become an allrounder in f2p( I can't afford membership since my parents won't pay for me.) I raised my stats until I could go into every guild in f2p, did all the quest plus Swept Away and Myths of the White Lands. I am now trying to become a rich player by selling lobbies and entering the mining guild, the only guild I still can't access. Thats all I can recall at the moment.

Readded the "Bob" section of my story that was removed for using an actual in-game name. Great stories everyone, keep em coming.

I joined in early (or late, idk) 2005. Early enough to get the yo-yo from Santa that year... Wait 2005 was scarf/hat year... So it was 2004. I pretty much attempt to collect every untradeable holiday item. (have all except for scythe, bunny ears, and zombie head. Not sure how I missed zombie head but I did)

Currently hawk0078 is the only account I've made and played regularly on. He's got all the holiday items (save those mentioned about) but only combat 51.

He appears in the Tip Pic 2008 although not in 2007/2006 because I joined tip.it in late 2007 I think.

EDIT; not really sure how I managed to miss both... joined in august 2006

I decided I'd log in just to post this once ;)

Well, I remember I was looking randomly round on the internet, and I found miniclip, where the number 1 game was RuneScape. I decided, hey, lets take a look, and started playing. My first account, Jasclay1992, made it through tutorial island without much of a glitch, but got lost in Lumbridge soon after. A few weeks later, I came back, and managed to navigate my way to the chicken farm, where I got 20+ attack before I learnt how to switch combat styles and train str and def. There I stayed for a while, but eventually started working on skills. I got a fair couple of levels on the account, before I lost interest in the game.

Some time around late 2005-early 2006, my cousin introduced me to a game I hadn't seen or heard of in a while. I tried logging in on Jasclay1992, but for some reason, couldn't, so I made my new account Dragonkng198. With the knowledge I had gleaned from my time on Jasclay1992, and the knowledge of my cousin, his friends, and a friend of my dads that had started playing, I powered through levels. Combat has always been, and shall always be my love, and I exceled at that in f2p, although I was the first person I knew to enter the cooking guild, and complete dragon slayer. Me and my cousin brought p2p at the same time, when I was around 60-70 combat, and I remember the first thing I did was theive from the men in lumbridge until level 5, then camped the tea stall in varrock till about level 33. I wish I had known about the cake stall :( At about 43 theiving, I gave up for the time, and worked on making money. Like most noobs, I picked flax, spun it into bowstrings and sold it, getting me a few crafting levels at the time. I loved doing quests, but had trouble getting money. I don't know why, but the most I had at that moment was a net worth of 500k. After I learnt about it, I brought water filled vials from the general store in Ardy, and sold them on the forums for 200gp ea. Spending 13k to get 200k, was great money for me at the time, and I got me full rune (200k), a glory (100k), rune boots(200k), and a dragon scimmy (100k from the stall). I powered through combat and quests, skilling from time to time, but mostly on my own.

I think it was around this point I met Paulin50. I didn't have any friends on RuneScape, as my cousin had been banned (he hacked his best friend and traded 3m to me, and I not knowing, thought he was trading money from his pure to his main, and I passed it onto him)and my dad's friend had quit. Other people I added in Runescape were deleted almost as soon as they had logged out, and if they pm'ed me after, went on the ignore list, which I have maxed out numerous times. Paulin50 was different though, he was funny, he was a good friend, and in my opinion, too trusting :P Two days after knowing me, we talked and decided to death match in full rune in the wildy, even though my combat was A LOT higher. He asked me to hold some things as we were both f2p at the time, and his bank was full. He handed over about 500k worth, and my head was like :o at the sight of it. I'll admit, the thought crossed my mind to take it (sorry paul! <3:), but it was a fleeting feeling, and we went and had our fun (I won ;)) and I handed him the items back. He introduced me to two of his friends, Zzzuperman, and Stilly1, and then we both found the Blogscape chat from the blogscape forums of tip.it, of which I had been a user of since I started RuneScape again, and from there, we both made lots of friends, friends I have to this day :P I'll admit I was a noob at the time, having a few months back at the time posted a bank sale in the marketplace forums of a [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] bank. I was immediatly called a noob, which I deserved, as I didn't have the sense to stand in a bank :P A bank picture in the middle of Lumbridge courtyard looks kind of fake.

I eventually grew to a high level, passing the 100 cb mark, and the 1000 total mark, and made money pretty easily. I think it was around this point I was hacked for the first of many times. I have NEVER had a keylogger on my computer, and never gave out my password, but somehow, my account was hacked and all my money gone. However, by that time, I had some fun slaying green dragons, and made the money back easily. This happened a lot of times in that way, me getting hacked, making money back, and getting combat up. I grew a love of slayer, and trained combat through that only, and made me lots of money. I was then asked by a friend, Xcrunner772, to suicide in waterbirth dungeon for him and a friend. I met Corncorn2, and they showed me how to suicide, promising me 10% of any large drop. They got a d axe, and I got 300k for doing something I enjoyed. This carried on a few times, with me lending out my services as a suicider to friends, and eventually, I made enough money to DK. Stilly said she would teach me, but we got down to the ladder, and she had to go :P I entered the lair with Xcrunner, and lured Rex according to what he told. It took maybe 3 kills to get my technique right, but I managed it. 5 kills in, BOOM! Zerker ring lying on the floor, and me wetting myself in real life. I pranced around every chat, bragging to every friend, in happiness, and because I wasn't paying attention, the spinos slaughtered me, but my loyal ring of life saved me. I danced around, logging out before selling it. When I tried to log in after, I found my password was invalid. I paniced and changed it quickly, and apart from finding myself in lumbridge, my zerker was in my inv, my armour was on my back, and my bank was untouched. That zerker payed for many dk trips, in which I developed a love of maging, and a familiarity of hybriding. My best trips were two solo back to back d axes while hybriding, and two zerkers, two warrior rings, and a dragon left half from a solo mage trip. Another note worthy drop was a tasset drop from a bandos lootshare mass, in which I made about 3m in normal drops, and 11m from that. At the highest point in my runescape money career, 27m, I of course, got hacked. Again, I have never had any virus, or gave my password to anyone. I was niave enough to not have a bank pin, but after I logged on with nothing, I set one, and have taken the habit of changing my password, recoveries and pin every 2 months.

I've made lots of money, but deaths and hackings have lost me a lot, including a 10m death in barrows from disconecting, an 11m death solo maging because of spinos. I must have had bad luck that day, they hit for 9-9-7-8 with the range spell in less than half a second. I had tried to stay and finish off a kill, but it was foolish, losing among other things, guthans spear, inf boots, fury, 5k bloods and guthans helm.

Scamming and lurings have been minimal. Once I got scammed for the rune plate/iron plate scam, and once I was lured down to the mole caves, but I managed to make it back up with around 8hp.

I have never had the patience for a 99 that I TRY to get, so I just train my attack through slayer, slowly getting that and hp to 99, although once I finish with attack, I'm training def (str FAILS :P)

I've tried making pures, skillers and new mains, but I always come back to Dragonkng198. My attempts to quit have always resulted in failure, except for the most recent one, where I managed to stay away for a while, fixing things in real life.

Due to the mentioned DK death among other things, I now have a net worth of 1m, and I'm working on making money back, and once I do, I'll happily start slaying again.

My acheivements I'm most proud of is my first zerker drop, 80 slayer, 90 attack and hp, 85 mage, and my quest cape.

Happy TIF'ing, I'm going back to RuneScape :P

EDIT: On a side note, I recovered Jasclay1992 not long ago, but Dragon has passed him in too many ways for me to ever go back :P

sheysigvv9.png

Don't view my posts based on my post count, I'm a Tip.It lurker ;)

Me and a friend just came back from a field trip in early April, 2002, and he was drawing something. I asked what it was, he said Runescape, told me about it, and I joined that day. I've taken about 2 seperate year long hiatuses and he's went through plenty of accounts and what not but we still play to this day.

sig3bh7.png

Aah memories...

Let's see, back in October 04, I was hanging out with my friend at the library and he showed me Runescape. I was told that Runescape would give my computer AIDS so I didn't want to play it at home. I basically only ever played Runescape that one day in the library and then I quit, although I'm not sure if you consider it quitting if you never really played. About 1 year later, I actually think it was 364 days, I came back and started playing Runescape. I was Non-member for a little while and then sometime around 6 years later, in Spring 06, I got members. A little bit later, November 13th 2006, I joined SoDB. At this point, I was a level 98 combat who wanted to slay some dangerous beasts. At this point, SoDB was closing down for a bit, so I wasn't an active SoDB'er yet. In 2007 though, SoDB was back open. In early 2007, I started my goal to 85 slayer, and I went from 67 to 68 before giving up on that. In late March 2007, I started Dk'ing a bit. I made a fair bit of money but then I didn't do that again for a while, got doing other stuff, it wasn't until later that year that I got really hooked on Dk'ing. In May, I achieved a goal I had been working on for a little while, 60+ all skills. A little bit later on that year, August 2007, I became an Event Organizer for SoDB. I finally continued my earlier goal and in November 2007, I finally got 70+ all. I planned to have 75+ within a few months but I still haven't achieved that, although I'm working on it. Nothing that I can really remember for a little while, atleast nothing too important, but then in July '08, I finally finished another long term goal, 85 slayer, and then a few months later, in November '08, after being within 200k exp, I finally got 90 slayer, haven't done a slayer task since. Then just a few weeks ago, December 15th, 2008, I became an admin for SoDB.

And... that's my story.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

[it's about 3 am and for some reason I saw this thread and the next thing you know I've written all this. I thought considering I took the time to write it I may as well show it to you all for your entertainment, sorry if there are any mistakes and such but I hope you enjoy it anyway. *yawns*]

It all began four or five years ago in the summer holidays, I went up to a place near my old secondary school to meet up with a few friends. It was there that my best friend told me how Miniclip had now got this new game on it called Runescape. When I got home that evening I rushed onto my computer and found it as my friend had said. I was curious and starting filling in all the details for a new account. When it was time to choose a name I had planned on using Megasonic but it was already taken. I thought about it for a minute and then simply decided to add 99 on the end of it (I didnt know anything about the game of course such as the fact that 99 was the maximum number for a skill level). Finally it was done, Megasonic99 was born.

When I first arrived on Tutorial Island, I was in shock, the graphics amazed me and the music was breathtaking. I felt like I had entered a whole new world of fantasy and danger. Excited, I proceeded and got through the tutorial as normal, for some reason I didnt actually seem to run into many problems until I got to Lumbridge, where the real adventure began.

The tales of my low level days are still a bit of a blur to me, although I remember small memories like when I was getting ready to do The Restless Ghost with a friend, I remember thinking that me and my friend would have to team up against a boss in the form of a huge ghost, the idea of working together to defeat something seemed so thrilling back then. I also remember doing the quest Vampire slayer by switching to long distance magic when my melee just wasnt enough to defeat the vampire, it was the first time I really used some form of tactic to beat something and won.

Megasonic99 grew into a young and eager warrior along with my best friend, who seemed to be a ranger even back then. Everything seemed perfect for a while until I met my first scammer; she was level 50 or so at the time and found me and my friend training. She seemed like a nice person and even gave me a rune chain body for free (although I couldnt even wear it at the time). She claimed that she worked for Jagex and set out to prove to us that she was telling the truth by lying to us, one of these lies included the house outside of Varrok (where you kill Lucien), according to her it was actually a secret meeting place for Jagex staff.

Eventually after a night of following this trickster she told us that she could make us members for free, all she needed was our passwords. Being the naïve young fool that I was back then, I did give her my passwordand of course, I paid for it. All of my hard earnt items were now gone, my bank was empty; I nearly gave up on that day.

But even with this major drawback I kept going and eventually became a paying member at level 78, it was around this time that I met my other best friend who joined us as we travelled the members world in search of quests and money. Back then, I loved quests and when the achievement capes were finally introduced I came up with my first major goal, to get a quest cape. I worked for months getting the necessary requirements as well as worrying about every boss monster I had to face. My work paid at off at level 94 when I got my quest cape, I wore it with pride and spent my days with it equipped along with my favorite white knight armor and white beret.

The quest cape brought months of joy but after my friend got 99 cooking and was working towards getting a strength cape I realized that I needed to master a skill myself. At level 119 I finally became a master of Defence, on that day me and my friends marched to Lumbridge. The town where my adventure began all those years ago would become the place in which I would be given my first achievement cape. Ill never forget that day.

I'm currently level 124 with plans on getting my next achievement cape. Now you may think my character is quite terrible considering the amount of years Ive had him and yet it doesnt bother me, Im happy with how hes turned out and after all, the adventure isnt quite over yet.

megasiguz2.png

99 Defence | 99 Strength | 99 Constitution | 85+ Slayer | 1900+ Skill total

"Do not judge me by the cape on my back or the weapon I wield, my choice of armour or the skills at my disposal. One day you shall learn that my actions and qualities determine my true character."

I love threads like these. Thanks for making it. \'

1. The Forgotton Ones

The Forgotten Ones (cool name :D ) are a series of noob accounts that I made when I first started RuneScape, which was back in 2004. I can't remember the exact names, but I can remember T-Rex & Tricon bieng a few of them. There were about 4 to 6 of them, each one of them died & I never played on them again.

My first experience was following the grey brick road to death. I had no idea how to play, as my friend did the tutorial for me. There I was, walking through the crossroads at Draynor, somehow the Highway man there did not get me. As I went on I strayed off the track, & found the Rimmington Mine. I had no idea what the hoard of people down there were doing.. I thought they were attacking eachother! I ran away to the farm outside Falador where I met my mortal enemy; The Highway Man that guards the corner turn to Falador!

I had no idea what an NPC was at the time, so I assumed he was another player.

"Stand & Deliver!". Uh oh, didn't see that one coming. He started to attack, while I asked "Y r u ataking me". That was my first death.

Many similar ones followed. some by the same highway man, others I brought upon myself (I thought the Gaurds had cool armour, but I confused total level with combat level..). One death was due to a scammer, who promised me of riches in the wilderness. Once we got to level 42 & we hadn't found anything, he decided my life's usefullness had expired.

After a while I quit, & so ended the legacy of The Forgotten Ones.

2. Ghost

A year later I returned, this time I made my account after I was hyped up watching an episode of "Danny Phantom" (that used to entertain me as a kid.). That particular episode was about the main character getting hooked onto an MMORPG, which brought back memories of RuneScape. I decided to make an F2P account called Ghosterboy (the same name the main character used in the cartoon), but it was taken, so I did the most original thing I could think of: add numbers to the end.

So began the start of Ghosterboy20's journey. Unlike The Forgotten Ones, Ghost (as people called me) was ready for those pesky highway men & scammers. I decided to take up mining, which, in time, would reach 67 before I decided to call it quits once again.

I spent a year on Ghost, & during this time I advanced 64 combat levels & had even found a counterpart. My friend decided to make a girl version of Ghost, christened Ghostergirl0, which was never successful.

During my year on Ghost, & had two short months of membership, but nothing much happened then, apart from me try to get the quest reqs for Monkey Madness (me & my friend though we could get a Dragon Scimitar with 30 combat).

Ghost's legacy ended after I realised I would never realise my dream of obtaining Full Saradomin just by mining coal in the Mining guild, competition was fierce, coal prices were low & Saradomin was just out of reach.

3. F03 - F0rerunn3r

Two years after I made a new account to do the Halloween event (for fun). What turned into an annual trip to RuneScape became the start of a new beginning. The name F0rerunn3r derived from the name Forerunner (Duh), which were a race of ancient biengs who are discussed the Halo videogames. I had recently got an XBox360, & I was playing Halo like a freak on steroids, but my brother started to hog it, so I came on to do the H'Ween event.

F0rerunn3r advanced very quickly through levels. Within a week I had got him to 30 combat, & in one & in 2 & a half months I was level 60. My friends from my new high school were quick to lend a hand, so by the time I was level 65, I already had 3M. I have no idea what happened to the money, as I have only recently gained it back.

I've been stuck in the level 90's for a couple of months now, & I am currently aiming for a 99 in cooking.

My story is still bieng written, & I hope that it will be written for many years to come. & I hope every chapter will stick with F0rerunn3r.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I love threads like these. Thanks for making it. \'

Haha no problem. I love threads like this, too. I don't know what it is, but whenever I think back about my Runescape story it gets me so "pumped up" I almost want to log on and start playing again! Of course that feeling is immediatly followed by the pure hatred I have towards Runescape for what is has become today (yes... I hate 99.9% of everything Runescape related these days... for no particular reason other than it isn't like the golden days such as those within my story).

Great stories everyone. Keep 'em coming!

I just read your story Zibl, and it sounds pretty similar to mine. Granted you got really unlucky a lot of the time, whereas I got lucky (I grew my networth about tenfold because of the dupe, and it sounds like yours shrunk tenfold), it sounds like we had a lot in common. I'm really surprised we never ran into each other, since most people in f2p Varrock 1 and p2p Fally 2 could be recognizable to other merchants. I'm sure we traded with each other once or twice though years ago, just because items were changing hands all the time. The game from the perspective we both described is entirely different from what it is now. I think this is the main difference. When we played, we made our own experience. We found a niche (merchanting) that wasn't meant to be much of the game, and loved it. Now, jagex spoonfeeds the experience to you. There isn't that same entrepreneurial feeling that we loved so much. Instead, jagex has taken control of every economic freedom and replaced it with spiffed up graphics and new gameplay options. But for us, it was never about the gameplay. It was about trading and interacting with cool people. As much as I try to find that in the game now, it just isn't there. The game isn't bad now - it's a lot better in most regards. It just destroyed the niche that our minority loved. Too bad we never met - we probably would have made good friends.

I just read your story Zibl, and it sounds pretty similar to mine. Granted you got really unlucky a lot of the time, whereas I got lucky (I grew my networth about tenfold because of the dupe, and it sounds like yours shrunk tenfold), it sounds like we had a lot in common. I'm really surprised we never ran into each other, since most people in f2p Varrock 1 and p2p Fally 2 could be recognizable to other merchants. I'm sure we traded with each other once or twice though years ago, just because items were changing hands all the time. The game from the perspective we both described is entirely different from what it is now. I think this is the main difference. When we played, we made our own experience. We found a niche (merchanting) that wasn't meant to be much of the game, and loved it. Now, jagex spoonfeeds the experience to you. There isn't that same entrepreneurial feeling that we loved so much. Instead, jagex has taken control of every economic freedom and replaced it with spiffed up graphics and new gameplay options. But for us, it was never about the gameplay. It was about trading and interacting with cool people. As much as I try to find that in the game now, it just isn't there. The game isn't bad now - it's a lot better in most regards. It just destroyed the niche that our minority loved. Too bad we never met - we probably would have made good friends.

You know, I think you put it perfectly. Although the only difference is I was so much into the old RSC days that I can barely stand the thought of the Runescape today. Not even so much as the graphics. I loved the way RSC looked and functioned! But I realize that these days the old RSC wouldn't be able to have as many functions, features, and popularity so I get why they changed everything.

Adam007... you're name sounds farmiliar. But I don't ever remember dealing with you or anything. Then again, I never made any other merchanting friends other than "Bob" (from the story) because I honestly didn't know there were other people out there like us. Putting rares aside and focusing on the r2h business Bob and I had, there were times in the beginning of the business that I really thought we were/could be considered pioneers in the "destruction" of the rune 2 hander market. I realize that those with 99 smithing were the overall reason. Obviously. But I never considered the fact that other people could have been doing what Bob and I were doing. The reason I thought this was simple. According to my calculations and information, I would have to say Bob and I both introduced 800-1,100 rune 2 handers onto the market (this is including AFTER the Bob hacking when I continued the business by myself before I got into rares).

Not to mention the fact that throughout the entire time I was involved in the r2h market I never once ran into anyone who was doing it on the same level as me (or Bob for that matter). It was kind of a rare occasion to see someone selling more than a couple of rune 2 handers at a time in Summer 2002, and after a couple of months into the business I was heading off to varrok world 1 castle grounds with an inventory full. In a conversation with Whitemagem (while he was superheating the 2handers), he made a comment to Bob and I that went something along the lines of, "You guys sure do make a lot of rune2handers. I don't think all of my friends list combined have asked me to make them as many swords as you 2 have." I'll never forget that ::' .

Eh, I don't know. I guess I was just in my own little world back then. Although looking back on it I wish I had met a lot of other merchants like Bob and yourself Adam007... probably would have been easier and had better gains having people I could work with :thumbsup: .

Years ago, I had a friend who did nothing but play RS. I thought of RS as a "Nerd" game and did not want to touch it. He showed it to me and wanted me to play it. In my sophomore year, back in 05' during the school spring break, I was bored out of my head, and eventually he got me to play it. By that summer I had already been banned for scamming, so I started all over again.

For a very long time I did nothing but grind slayer. It came out around the time I started playing, and I loved it. In the Winter of 2005 I hit 85 slay. After a about a year of slaying I got bored with it, and during the next summer I started a clan with several of my friends. This started probably the most productive period of my time on RS and from that time to the time the Ditch Of Stupidity was installed(During the spring of 2007) I was in the Wilderness, luring(Oh Noes!!!!!one111111!!!!!) and PKing. Very good times.Then the ditch was installed, and my clan began to fall apart, but we reorganized that summer, and It was almost as good as before the Great Ditch Of Stupidity.

After the removal PKing, Trading, Merchanting, and just about everything else that mattered, I went into "Semi" retirement, and most of the members of the clan me and my friends had formed quit altogether.

Almost as if I have come full circle again, I now spend most of my time on slayer. Somtimes if any of my friends are on, we go to the duel arena just for fun. Occasionally I will pop into PVP worlds too. I expect Jag will have more "Great" updates soon (we are banning pvp bc it's just too insensitive) and I will completely quit.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Somewhere in April of 2005 when I started, I met a guy who re-introduced me to mage (I was actually a rubbish combatant at the time) and claimed "it was the ultimate PKing and most useful skill". At first I lol'd at him, but he gave me some hundred runes to start with. By the time I had 30 mage (and exhaused all those runes), I asked him how he got them, and all he said was "mining ess, crafting your own." Then I crafted to about 30 runecrafting and trained mage again.

Had it not been for him, I wouldn't have loved Magic :D

Then when RS updated graphics years later, I hated how dirty my Legends cape looked, so I decided to go for a 99 just because a 99 was awesome. I got 99 Fletch no-lifing, then 99 mage. :D

RS chapter 1, 2, and 3 closed.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Somewhere in April of 2005 when I started, I met a guy who re-introduced me to mage (I was actually a rubbish combatant at the time) and claimed "it was the ultimate PKing and most useful skill". At first I lol'd at him, but he gave me some hundred runes to start with. By the time I had 30 mage (and exhaused all those runes), I asked him how he got them, and all he said was "mining ess, crafting your own." Then I crafted to about 30 runecrafting and trained mage again.

Had it not been for him, I wouldn't have loved Magic :D

Then when RS updated graphics years later, I hated how dirty my Legends cape looked, so I decided to go for a 99 just because a 99 was awesome. I got 99 Fletch no-lifing, then 99 mage. :D

RS chapter 1, 2, and 3 closed.

Woah that was quick :ohnoes: . Wow all these stories are great but I just wish some of them were a bit longer and more detailed. A couple I've read and thought, "man I bet that'd be a lot better if it had more to it."

Haha. But not all of you can have a boring life and a drive for writing a 4 page story on Runescape... I need a job :wall: .

[hide=bad phooeybads story]

I'm pretty sure that I started in late 2004, I found RuneScape on Miniclip. :thumbsup: My first account was badphoeybad with 1 o. I remember not knowing how to train other combat skills other than attack. This is were I met my first friend. Although our friend ship didn't last long.. He was still the first, we played together for awhile, then one day he never logged back on... Anways, I was killing goblins by Lumbridge castle, and a he walked up and I asked him how to train strength and defense. He quickly told me and I think I got to around 5 attack, 4 strength, and 1 defense. I thought I was getting pretty strong, so I attempted to kill the level 15 unicorn that wonders around Lumbridge... I was wrong about the strong part. Of course I died, lost my bronze sword and wooden shield, and thought.. what the heck, I'll just restart and get a brand new shield and sword.

This gave birth to my 2nd account, badphooeybad with 2 o's. ::' Upon creating this account, I had a better knowledge of things to do in RuneScape and started raising combat, doing quests, and skilling. The 2nd disaster of my RuneScape career came around this time. I managed to gather up a full set of steel armor, and was very proud of it. I still never really roamed from Lumbridge at this point, and a new player wondered over to me asking where the wizards tower was, so me being a nice person led him to it. I really don't remember how but I ended up dieing to a wizard and losing my set of steel. This might have been the first time I cried over RuneScape..(haha...) This time I didn't make a new account though, and continued on my way to raising my total.

My next memory was moving up through the armor sets. I remember getting a full set of mithril, and then wanting to move up to adamant. I had never seen much adamant out, so I thought it was an expensive armor. I came upon a deal in Falador West bank. A player by the name of Psychogambit offered to sell me an adamant kite for the price of 100 big bones. Of course I agreed not knowing the price of the kite or the price of big bones. Me not knowing where they were found, he kindly offered me the way probably laughing the whole time about how he was selling me a kite worth probably 6k for a total of 100 big bones which added up to about 30k at the time. After getting my 100 big bones from the Hill Giants, he sold me the adamant shield, and I guess I wanted to be friends with him after he ripped me off because he was my 2nd RuneScape friend.

With Psychogambit showing me a new source of income coming from big bones, I managed make some more money and being able to buy a full set of adamant. Going from shop to shop, ( I didn't think of buying it from other players at the time ), I bought a full set of adamant. Still hitting the big bones hard, I made enough money to buy full rune. With me acquiring full rune, I moved on to bigger and better things, rares. My first big step towards a rare was in world 1 at Varrock West, someone mistakenly bought a mere 60 big bones for 200k! Me of course still being quite nooby, ran out of the bank with the money and got lost in the crowed. :oops: With that sale I think i doubled my net worth from 200k to 400k. With this new amount of money I made my way to the back of the bank and joined the richboys of RuneScape. I saw santa hats going for 500k a piece, and with only 400k, I knew I had to hit the hill giants up again. I spent the whole next day killing giants and gathering bones for enough money to buy a santa hat. Little did I know, rares were rising at a pretty fast pace. When I managed to get 500k, they were already 600k! I was alittle disappointed but went back to hill giants and made 100k more. This time I had enough for my Santa Hat. <3:

I'm pretty sure by this point it was nearing late 2006 meaning I've played for around 2 years. I never really had any trouble with scammers... up until this day. A player with the name of Jagex(random numbers here) walked up to me and told me to follow him. Me thinking I was in trouble or something of course followed. He continued to tell me that he worked for Jagex and my "Account" had a virus on it that could endanger all of RuneScape. ( Ya... I know... :wall: ) At first I questioned him, then he came up with an excuse about going to the site and checking his identification. That sounded like to much trouble for me and I said ok, so I gave him my password and logged out so he could "fix" the virus. That being said I lost my santa hat...

The story after all that isn't very exciting, I managed to get another santa hat, and finally buy members at around level 100. This is when the last trouble on this account happened. After buying members for a month, I of course wanted more but my mom wouldn't let me, so I found an alternate course of action... I'm not proud of it but it happened, I started buying membership for 500k a month. This is what led to the end of badphooeybad. It ended up getting banned for RWT, and I started a brand new account named Baracudda006 from scratch. I slowely leveled this new account up through these last two years and I still play on it now with a combat level of 125 and a total of 1805. :)

Sorry if some of you will hate my for RWTing but I really wanted that membership. :| I swear I haven't broke any rules since. :lol:

Whew.... that was the most I think I've ever wrote on Tip.it in the 3 years I've been here... :roll: I hope someone actually reads it. -.-

[/hide]

i read it! :thumbup:

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Started in January 2003 just after santa hats were dropped. I remember my real life friend (who was around level 38) giving me one and telling me they were dropped last christmas. I actually remember saying what kind of nerd would play this game for a whole year. Fast forward six years and i'm still here. The same friend told me to keep my defence, magic and prayer low. I did good at staying pure for my first account but when I got dual 40s in attack and strength with like 6 defence (your first hit in combat was always in controlled mode when you logged in) I decided it was taking too long to get my combat level up so I raised defence anyways. Couple of low defence accounts down the line and I found a rune 2h in the wilderness (my account had like 43 attack 50 strength and 14 defence at the time, used adamant 2h). I was so happy until the next day I got killed pking. After quitting for a month because of the rune2h incident I started pking with rune mace (fun times) and I eventually got another rune 2h. I've Had a lot of ups and downs in good old gielinor, for the most part i've enjoyed the ride. I wish I had as much knowledge about runescape when I started as I do now. My first account started pure and I have no doubt my last account will end pure.

Zerker_jane.png