Tried a sprite

lit0ua

Ok. Looks epic as jpg-bombed. The effects are tacky. Especially the repeating. There is no flow and the canvas is way too big.

When using splatter effects try to use clipping masks. Search that in tutorials on dA. Smudge them and blend them.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Try making whole image smaller (lower high) and add some frames.

here is how it turned of by me (whole art is your so you can use it):

sampellr6.png

I am not spec in signatures and sprites but I think its not too bad.

mysig2.png

----TheLair Game!----

"Game isn't dead... You wish!"

Ok. Looks epic as jpg-bombed. The effects are tacky. Especially the repeating. There is no flow and the canvas is way too big.

When using splatter effects try to use clipping masks. Search that in tutorials on dA. Smudge them and blend them.

Thanks, will try those clipping masks.

helpck3.png

The bits I highlighted are bad, you need to smooth them out and make it flow better.

Overall I'd say splatters aren't great, work on smudging and C4D's instead.

By moving some parts up and down I wanted to give the image a different look, though I see it didn't turn out well. Thanks for the C/C.

Try making whole image smaller (lower high) and add some frames.

here is how it turned of by me (whole art is your so you can use it):

sampellr6.png

I am not spec in signatures and sprites but I think its not too bad.

The canvas size was not meant to be for a signature, it was just to try something and see how it turned. I liked it and kept adding effects, but it wasn't meant to be a sig or anything. Thanks for the comment.

Those cut-off splatters are the main problem at the moment, other than that it's not too bad (it does seem quite LQ though). The colours are decent and the concept (flames in the middle of a kind of explosion of splatteriness) seems pretty good too. Keep at it and don't be afraid to try some new things. :thumbup:

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

But don't save as jpeg/png 8. png 24/png are highest quality.

Crit:

Looks great, though the colour of the orange splatters should be less saturated, they keep drawing my attention away from the sprite which should be the focus. The rest of the background looks fine to me :thumbup:

Keep it up.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Try giving your tag a general direction, especially with sprites. In this case, the 'flow' is a curve that starts from the sprite's booty and goes along the line of the leg.

I see you're using PDN. Splatter with smoothing is generally useless, but without smoothing, it gives neat vectory shapes. Try it out. ;)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!