Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Underrated Items

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

Fromfirst2Last1987
[ Display Name History ]

Fromfirst2Last1987

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • RSN2:Original Gum

Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife(Toktz-xil-ek) = Abyssal Whip + Amulet of Fury

Berserker Necklace(190K) + Obby Knife(90K) = 280K

Abyssal Whip(1,500K) + Amulet of Fury(2,800K) = 4,300K

Speed: Same

Max Hit: Same (Although slightly less I believe by 1).

Cost Difference: Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife is 4,020K Cheaper. (Now that's alot) :o

Ony problem is whip and fury can be used separately but obby knife and berserker necklace are quite useless if you do not equip both.

So Berserker Necklace and Obby Knife is almost the same as whip and fury, so if on a tight budget I suggest going for them.

(I was not the one to discover this. It is quite well known but not used very often).

zerker necklace also lowers defense stats if i remember correctly
Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half
Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

Great_one
[ Display Name History ]

Great_one

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Y_z
blood rune, seriously if you are on normal magic spellbook and have the levels you should never be using chaos or death runes, there is no reason for bloods to cost less than deaths(ancient magiks ftl)
Posted Image

Romy
[ Display Name History ]

Romy

[Witty and Meaningful rank]

• Members
  • 3,172 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

i find the granite maul to be one of the most underrated items. i see them frequently at the duel arena and its good if you want to get the hits in before d clawers'

The granite maul is overrated among new members. People who get members seem to think that it's better than the rune scimitar because it has a higher level requirement.

Cheap food is highly underrated in F2P. For some reason lobsters are the most popular (or among the most popular) training food. The crystal bow is also underrated, it's incredibly powerful for how much it costs to use (which is a lot, but that just says something about its power), if you use the glitch.

The glitch?

BloodArgon
[ Display Name History ]

BloodArgon

Banned

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

the magic compersite bow!

i use it in castle wars and its increased range(and power) but with little speed reduction makes it a good weapon, and its specs can do good damage because of the accuracy increase

also the seercull, very rarely used because of better spec weapons but agasnt a mage or a another ranger who is hybridding then at lower levels instead of getting a 10-12 hit you can hit a 15 with seercull and ruin part of his fight plan, and obviously agasint mages stupid enough to take on a ranger this is awesome, while meele pking i take one with me, jsut hitting a 2 can get rid of that teleblock

Periods my friend, periods.
Posted Image
99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

psvstef
[ Display Name History ]

psvstef

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

i use it in castle wars and its increased range(and power) but with little speed reduction makes it a good weapon, and its specs can do good damage because of the accuracy increase

also the seercull, very rarely used because of better spec weapons but agasnt a mage or a another ranger who is hybridding then at lower levels instead of getting a 10-12 hit you can hit a 15 with seercull and ruin part of his fight plan, and obviously agasint mages stupid enough to take on a ranger this is awesome, while meele pking i take one with me, jsut hitting a 2 can get rid of that teleblock

hm i don't think periods are underrated.
Posted Image

Romy
[ Display Name History ]

Romy

[Witty and Meaningful rank]

• Members
  • 3,172 posts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . (<-- notice the periods!-->).

What980
[ Display Name History ]

What980

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • RSN:What980

Or capital letters. ;)

But to un-spam. I like the Obby sword + Berserker necklace for training strength. Works wonders with a higher defense level to make up for the necklace cut down.

Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
Snakeskin Boots because they are well worth the money when compared to Ranger Boots and the boosts aren't even that different.

Erk02
[ Display Name History ]

Erk02

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 725 posts

Snakeskin Boots because they are well worth the money when compared to Ranger Boots and the boosts aren't even that different.

Wouldn't really say they're underrated, because I know a lot of people use this one.

Anyways, the Stealing Creation melee armor. It's rune, but you can get it in all of 40 minutes.
Posted ImageI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Slayer_Jesse
[ Display Name History ]

Slayer_Jesse

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  • RSN:Slayer Jesse

Wouldn't really say they're underrated, because I know a lot of people use this one.

Anyways, the Stealing Creation melee armor. It's rune, but you can get it in all of 40 minutes.

word.insead of blowing cash on my secondary on rune, i can spendf it on extras like glory/cb brace <3:

i think that d darts are underrated, they will decimate any mage, and are good for range staking too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credits

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Yeah, the Zerker Combo (I made a thread exclusively on it a while back) and Dragon Darts are among the best items for high level players.

SirTommy2005
[ Display Name History ]

SirTommy2005

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:AshigaruUlan
  • RSN2:Sirtommy2005
  • Clan:Hell Tonic
Leaf bladed sword, owns metal dragons.

Chained_life
[ Display Name History ]

Chained_life

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • RSN:Chained_Life
  • Clan:The Death Monkeighs
C.Morrigans throwing axe.

Tested some out at duel arena, huge waste of cash but hit 35-40s every other hit with void :thumbup: (87 range, potted, pray)
Posted Image

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS
seercull is fun for making people with exactly 94 magic angry.

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt

true, nothing better than hitting a 15 with someone going out for there first time with barrages :thumbup:
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Llamster

i find the granite maul to be one of the most underrated items. i see them frequently at the duel arena and its good if you want to get the hits in before d clawers'

The granite maul is overrated among new members. People who get members seem to think that it's better than the rune scimitar because it has a higher level requirement.

Cheap food is highly underrated in F2P. For some reason lobsters are the most popular (or among the most popular) training food. The crystal bow is also underrated, it's incredibly powerful for how much it costs to use (which is a lot, but that just says something about its power), if you use the glitch.

The glitch?

It's where you shoot 249 shots with one bow and 1 shot with a second. The second will degrade, which will allow you to use the first bow at 10/10 for the full 2500 shots.

blood rune, seriously if you are on normal magic spellbook and have the levels you should never be using chaos or death runes, there is no reason for bloods to cost less than deaths(ancient magiks ftl)

Deaths are 260 now, I think. But bloods would be about 260 too if it weren't for those damned price restrictions.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

asianboy7o7
[ Display Name History ]

asianboy7o7

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,284 posts

true, nothing better than hitting a 15 with someone going out for there first time with barrages :thumbup:

most mages bring super restores
Posted Image

aguz
[ Display Name History ]

aguz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 295 posts
I love my explorer ring, I haven't taken it off since I got it. I use it to train my construction in rimmington (tele to cabbage go to bank) and then restore my energy to run back. I also alch everything I don't need but find in the ground
Posted Image

Socrates
[ Display Name History ]

Socrates

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Socrates

Leaf bladed sword, owns metal dragons.

:thumbup:
Posted Image
Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.
99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.
Anyone at Manchester University PM me

CowsEatFood
[ Display Name History ]

CowsEatFood

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Clan:T.F.S
Cornucopia for most levels f2p and low-mid levels p2p (and maybe high levels too :P).

-Good for sos training (can hold an extra trout).

-*Can* cost 60 gp or less for 14 hp.

-Tied for the highest 1-click healer in f2p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users