• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife(Toktz-xil-ek) = Abyssal Whip + Amulet of Fury

Berserker Necklace(190K) + Obby Knife(90K) = 280K

Abyssal Whip(1,500K) + Amulet of Fury(2,800K) = 4,300K

Speed: Same

Max Hit: Same (Although slightly less I believe by 1).

Cost Difference: Berserker Necklace + Obby Knife is 4,020K Cheaper. (Now that's alot) :o

Ony problem is whip and fury can be used separately but obby knife and berserker necklace are quite useless if you do not equip both.

So Berserker Necklace and Obby Knife is almost the same as whip and fury, so if on a tight budget I suggest going for them.

(I was not the one to discover this. It is quite well known but not used very often).

Its more along the lines of dragon scimitar and fury not whip. Whip has higher max hit of 5.

Assassin1357.png

[hide=]

Underrated:

-Bronze armour(ppl with 1 defence always choose iron)

-steel

-all metal(not dragon) short-swords, claws, warhammers, daggers, maces

-all crossbows, except runite( d'oh)

-blurite items

-hastas, spears

-normal capes in f2p (since team capes appeared)

-team capes in p2p (since there are so many to choose from)

-studded leather armour

-the emerald neckless(E) - no one combines runes anymore

-onyx bracelet

-amulet of defence

-snakeskin and yak armour

-longbows

-defenders (except rune)

-metal boots (except rune and dragon)

-bone weapons

-mjolnirs

-pirate weapons (didn;t ever knew they existed :lol: )

-fremmerik helms , since the master-helm of neitz appered =D>

-white armour

-rock-shell, skeletal and spinned armours

-granite helm and granite legs

-magic staff

-iban staff

-javelins

-frog-leather armour (why did ever bring it in the game?)FAIL :wall:

and some other... :roll:

[/hide]

I think you didn't get the point of this thread, or the definition of underrated.

Underrated items, are items not used often enough, or at all, even though they're USEFUL, 1 example from some posts here is the berserker necklace, combined with some weapons, which makes a nice Strength bonus, although not used much.

Most of the items you had in your post are not used much for the simple reason that they're not worth using, for example longbows, these are not underrated, they're not used much for the simple reason that they're slow!

Waaaay better.

And to be on-topic: Power Amulet in p2p PvP :)

Dragon SQ Shield

Magic Skill :D

Which attack style is it? I have heard that all metal dragons are weak to stab, is that true?

OT: Dragon Mace, as a spec weapon, can hit a bit higher.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

I know it isn't an item, but the lvl 66 spell vulnerability is underrated. It costs less than 300gp to cast, and works a treat against metal dragons. The runes only take 2 inventory slots if you use mud runes or staff, and since metal dragons are weak against magic it ususally hits if you take off a couple of pieces of armour (for mage bonus)

I don't know good examples, but:

-f2p food

-explorer ring, yes

-herb seeds

-battlestaves (making air battlestaves)

-crystal bow

-barrows

-magic shortbow

-warrior/archer/seers/berserk rings (kinda)

-crystal shield

-whip+rune def (people prefer gs too much)

P.S. granite maul is overrated

Cornucopia for most levels f2p and low-mid levels p2p (and maybe high levels too :P).

-Good for sos training (can hold an extra trout).

-*Can* cost 60 gp or less for 14 hp.

-Tied for the highest 1-click healer in f2p.

But this is only for people who did the thanksgiving event.

Still gettable from chickens, my pure got one while training there.

weiyao5.png

Cornucopia for most levels f2p and low-mid levels p2p (and maybe high levels too :P).

-Good for sos training (can hold an extra trout).

-*Can* cost 60 gp or less for 14 hp.

-Tied for the highest 1-click healer in f2p.

But this is only for people who did the thanksgiving event.

Still gettable from chickens, my pure got one while training there.

the cornucopia is ok but it is a bit rubbish becoz u can only get 1 of it ... if u got more then 1 then it is pretty useful

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

Baskets of strawberries

If you're just training and only need hp restoring slowly, they're great. As far as I'm aware one basket of strawberries is the biggest hp restorer in the game (might have changed, I'm not a member any more so I've given up following what new releases there are :P )

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Some items which are underrated imo:

-Broad bolts: Not a lot of players use these, but they have the same strength as adamant bolts and their price is somewhere between steel and mithril bolts. 60gp mid if i'm not wrong. Do i need to say more?

-Jug of wine: costs 70gp, heals 11hp, cuts 1 attack. Ideal food for rangers during easier slayer tasks.

Leonxb.png

Baskets of strawberries

If you're just training and only need hp restoring slowly, they're great. As far as I'm aware one basket of strawberries is the biggest hp restorer in the game (might have changed, I'm not a member any more so I've given up following what new releases there are :P )

They still heal 6hp each strawberry. :thumbup:

OT:Sacred clay armour, gives nice defence bonuses AND doubles experience. It's also free. Helpful magic attack bonus in magic form when combined with staff and god cape.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Baskets of strawberries

Sara brews (4) are better, but baskets of strawberries are way cheaper, you don't need herblore to make and you dont need a restore/super restore to go with.

PLUS, strawberries and baskets buy for min/mid in the G.E.

16185_s.gif

C.Morrigans throwing axe.

Tested some out at duel arena, huge waste of cash but hit 35-40s every other hit with void :thumbup: (87 range, potted, pray)

It's not underrated...

Really?

I was able to buy many for lowest price. So I was assuming:

. No one wanted to buy them

. The people that had them didn't want them.

They aren't that high in price.

sotw7bar.png

The Lunar Spellbook is severely under-rated at higher Magic levels.

Personally, it's been my primary spellbook since Dream Mentor--I've found it to be far more useful than either of the other two in everyday Magic applications.

Here are a few benefits to using the Lunar Magicks:

*Farming/Herblore Assistance ~ Fertile Soil, Cure Plant, Humidify

*Crafting Assistance ("Battlestaving") ~ Superglass Make, NPC Contact

*Construction Assistance ~ Plank Make

*Slayer Assistance ~ NPC Contact

*Runecrafting Assistance ~ Ourania Teleport

*Magic Assistance (For Training Purposes) ~ String Jewellery

*Combat Assstance (Supporting-Mage) ~ Tele-Group's, Cure Group/Other/Me, Stat Restore Potion/Boost Potion Share, Energy Transfer, Heal Group/Other, Vengeance Other/Vengeance

In addition to all of this, the crown jewel of the Lunar Spellbook--Spellbook Swap--allows for a Lunar Mage to make use of the other Spellbooks at will. 'Throw in a few Lunar Tablets for good measure, and, making use of Spellbook Swap/Moonclan Teleport, the conveniences of the Standard Spellbook will easily be at hand.

I've always wondered at the relatively low number of Lunar Mages. That anyone would still train Magic ineffectively through High Alching when String Jewelley is available, that virtually no one considers the Lunar Spellbook to have any offensive potential, and that so few seem to realize what the masses are missing out on--it almost makes me want to laugh. :lol:

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

For me:

BarrelChest Anchor: its practically a 230k AGS with a bit less power.

Crystal Bow: at 180k per charge obliterates in terms of player killing and monster hunting, take it from me, its the ONLY range weapon (besides Rune c'bow for dragons) i use. ::'

Popoto.~<3

For me:

BarrelChest Anchor: its practically a 230k AGS with a bit less power.

I made a thread about that a few weeks ago, and most people thought it was [cabbage].

Glad you agree with me.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Pineapple pizzas - only like 500gp and heal 22hp in two bites (no eating delay between bites either)

Phoenix necklace - makes me immune to KO's in PvP :)

phoenix necklace is awesome, saved me in a couple of places like you say from a ags blitz, (i still got darkbowed out though #-o)

i think someone mentioned broad bolts , these are awesome only bolt i use, even for non ko bolt pvp.

the obby shield, not used since the release of defenders and the dfs, if your on a low budget and cant use a dfs, the obby shield gives defense bonuses and doesnt take 3 hours to get like the defender

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

combat bracelet, skills necklace, forinthry bracelet, slayer ring, the fairy ring network (after starting fairy tale part II and getting to a certain point to use) are all super underrated.

many quest items are underrated when they are in fact very useful. such as proselyte armour, the holy wrench, Etc. and doing quests in general is underrated.

the kb is underrated also; it's a great resource but i rarely hear of people referencing it but oh well.

farming is underrated. construction is underrated. probably a lot more things but i'll leave it at that.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]