Underrated Items

Brawleyman19

i like the castle war bracelet quite a lot...not sure about this but i don't think many people use it...very useful for getting back your flag and the bandages u use will heal 50% more which is very significant...

another item is the granite shield...although it is heavy you wouldn't be running about too much during combat and it gives the exact same def bonus as an obby shield just no strength bonus but the good thing is that it cost so much less than an obby shield...like 1/3 or 1/4 the price even :roll:

other items include crystal shield and dragon square. crystal bow is not that underrated actually...i always buy like 3-4 each time i get members and bring it along whenever i castlewar...although i admit it is an expensive way to train range but good for dishing out high damage =)

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another item is the granite shield...although it is heavy you wouldn't be running about too much during combat and it gives the exact same def bonus as an obby shield just no strength bonus but the good thing is that it cost so much less than an obby shield...like 1/3 or 1/4 the price even :roll:

I bolded the reason why people don't use it. All those strength obsessed PKers these days have a real impact on the economy.

Alex_Lei1993.png

Forinthry Bracelet

eliminates rev teleblocks good on treasure trails

Not always. But yes, it helps a lot.

Slayer Ring anyone? For just 20gp per charge you can get a house tele, closest teleport to a fairy ring, or Canafis teleport. Not to mention it'll cut off a good 20 minutes or so getting the Salve Ammy (E) back.

Some items which are underrated imo:

-Broad bolts: Not a lot of players use these, but they have the same strength as adamant bolts and their price is somewhere between steel and mithril bolts. 60gp mid if i'm not wrong. Do i need to say more?

I'm sorry but broad bolts aren't underrated at ALL. Since they came out they have been extremely popular. I see them everywhere, Aviansies, on slayer task, even barrows and Tormented Demon.

For me an underrated item would be... well none new everyone said the ones I had :c

ib7rVm.png

But you do need to have bought the ability to make them, and have the skills to.

The 400 points is worth it, and it is assistable.

If you go to Green Dragons, assuming you bring 8 monks, you should just bring trouts instead.

8*16 = 108 hp

16*7 = 112 hp

8 monks = 8*352 = 2816 gp per trip

15 trouts = 15*31 = 465 gp per trip.

It's kind of like having room for one extra dragon bone per invent.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Dunno, but that also stands for lobsters or tunas.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

But you do need to have bought the ability to make them, and have the skills to.

Its actually 300 points, and it will only teleport you to Tarn's Lair if you've already done it once before.

Leaf bladed sword, owns metal dragons.

Really? I'm on an iron task right now. Is it better than a whip for metals?

Waaaay better.

And to be on-topic: Power Amulet in p2p PvP :)

Dragon SQ Shield

Magic Skill :D

power amulet is great for f2p, i have a lvl 50 range 2her. when i got lvl 40 ranged i kept using str amulet because i thought i could 2h higher and get a better ko. This wasn't the best choice. It's better to have better range accuracy so you can land more annoying 12s (at my 70 ranged lvl) and cancel people's lobsters so you can 2h a good 20 on them :thumbup: .

I also learned to not wear leather bodies while pking on my range 2her, it's better to wear iron chainbodies because they don't have a negative range bonus and they provide added defense.

and... 2 defense :lol: , one time i was at 20 hp and my opponent at 24...

He ranges a 10 and i range a 12 .. i have 10 hp and he has 12 hp..

i decide to go for a ko because the fight was going on for a while.. he 2hs a 0 on me and i ko him =DD

bgs, some people underrate this, it can quickly end a fight with a special of 50. but lots of times it can slap a 0....

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

Its actually 300 points, and it will only teleport you to Tarn's Lair if you've already done it once before.

Honestly, All I did was the quest and said "Hey, why not try it?" And I was able to tele right next to the boss fight. 8-)

What980.png

voicefb2.png

Ugthanki Kebabs. They heal 19hp, and they're 100gp less than sharks, ugthankis are just lvl 42 and 45hp; their meat is a 100% drop, and just requires onion and tomato., and lvl 1 cooking

This is a good meal if you have low farm lvl and/or can't fish sharks (or afford them).

Plus, Dust Devils drop'em :shock:

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

Ugthanki Kebabs. They heal 19hp, and they're 100gp less than sharks, ugthankis are just lvl 42 and 45hp; their meat is a 100% drop, and just requires onion and tomato., and lvl 1 cooking

This is a good meal if you have low farm lvl and/or can't fish sharks (or afford them).

Plus, Dust Devils drop'em :shock:

curry would be a better option

same healing and costs are the same

foukouei.png

Jester boots from the fremmenick ilses quest. They give +2 mage def , which makes them a great alternative to infinity boots when you need mage def , i.e. castle wars.

Also a zammy kite is great for armadyl , it cuts out the need for a zammy item and has less negative range and mage defence than a granite shield. :thumbup:

s652yx.jpg

Jester boots from the fremmenick ilses quest. They give +2 mage def , which makes them a great alternative to infinity boots when you need mage def , i.e. castle wars.

Also a zammy kite is great for armadyl , it cuts out the need for a zammy item and has less negative range and mage defence than a granite shield. :thumbup:

but costs like 10X more

zammy skirt would be a better option

foukouei.png

Pineapple pizzas - only like 500gp and heal 22hp in two bites (no eating delay between bites either)

Phoenix necklace - makes me immune to KO's in PvP :)

Was tempted to say these, but thought you'd hunt me down :roll:

The Seercull is a great weapon FOR magicians, as it lowers opponent's magic defense.

God cape's from Mage Arena aswell, as they are the best thing in cape slot of magician's, not Fire Cape.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Honestly, All I did was the quest and said "Hey, why not try it?" And I was able to tele right next to the boss fight. 8-)

1) Is it 300? I thought it was 400, but I'm most likely confusing my Slayer rewards

2) I know that, but if you lose members like I did and need the enchanted ammy back its better to use 20gp and 2 clicks of the mouse than go past the entire maze again, correct? That's why I said getting the ammy BACK.

3) To What, They updated it shortly after to make it so you gotta do the miniquest first.

i find the granite maul to be one of the most underrated items. i see them frequently at the duel arena and its good if you want to get the hits in before d clawers'

The granite maul is overrated among new members. People who get members seem to think that it's better than the rune scimitar because it has a higher level requirement.

Cheap food is highly underrated in F2P. For some reason lobsters are the most popular (or among the most popular) training food. The crystal bow is also underrated, it's incredibly powerful for how much it costs to use (which is a lot, but that just says something about its power), if you use the glitch.

The glitch?

It's where you shoot 249 shots with one bow and 1 shot with a second. The second will degrade, which will allow you to use the first bow at 10/10 for the full 2500 shots.

What's the point then?

which will allow you to use the first bow at 10/10 for the full 2500 shots.

Actually it's 2490 (assuming that you shoot exactly 249 shots with the first bow, and it's hard to keep track), but whatever.

Some items which are underrated imo:

-Broad bolts: Not a lot of players use these, but they have the same strength as adamant bolts and their price is somewhere between steel and mithril bolts. 60gp mid if i'm not wrong. Do i need to say more?

9.2 million broad bolts were exchanged today, which is the most of any bolt in the game.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Hmm.. I have a whip but I can't afford a fury. Would I be better off buying Obby Knife and Necklace(I'll keep whip for monsters that hit harder) for everything else? At least until I can afford to spend the money for a fury.

Edit: This would be for strength training of course, I love my whip for attack/defense.

I feel like the Dragon Halberd is a bit underrated nowadays. I simply just don't see as many around as I used to although I use mine from time to time as a nice alternative for meleeing tasks that I would have otherwise ranged from a safespot.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Your attack is high enough to make the Zerker combo worth using, I recommend it until you can buy a fury or simply want to dump the d scimmy for strength.

i find the granite maul to be one of the most underrated items. i see them frequently at the duel arena and its good if you want to get the hits in before d clawers'

The granite maul is overrated among new members. People who get members seem to think that it's better than the rune scimitar because it has a higher level requirement.

Cheap food is highly underrated in F2P. For some reason lobsters are the most popular (or among the most popular) training food. The crystal bow is also underrated, it's incredibly powerful for how much it costs to use (which is a lot, but that just says something about its power), if you use the glitch.

The glitch?

It's where you shoot 249 shots with one bow and 1 shot with a second. The second will degrade, which will allow you to use the first bow at 10/10 for the full 2500 shots.

What's the point then?

which will allow you to use the first bow at 10/10 for the full 2500 shots.

Actually it's 2490 (assuming that you shoot exactly 249 shots with the first bow, and it's hard to keep track), but whatever.

I keep track by xp. So I first time how much xp I get in 250 shots. Then I switch to the full bow until I almost (3-5k away) earn that much xp, in which case I switch to the old bow again for a few minutes.

Actually that's a lie, I do that with the Crystal Shield when I RC. Same concept.