Underrated Items

Brawleyman19

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat potions can be useful when you would rather have food than a super set.

They're really useful when fighting a monster where regular attack and strength potions would suffice and you can save inventory space. I personally use combat potions when I'm killing cyclops' for extra defenders rather than attack and strength potions.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Combat potions can be useful when you would rather have food than a super set.

Same can be said of Zammy Brews

Hmm.. I have a whip but I can't afford a fury. Would I be better off buying Obby Knife and Necklace(I'll keep whip for monsters that hit harder) for everything else? At least until I can afford to spend the money for a fury.

Edit: This would be for strength training of course, I love my whip for attack/defense.

I feel like the Dragon Halberd is a bit underrated nowadays. I simply just don't see as many around as I used to although I use mine from time to time as a nice alternative for meleeing tasks that I would have otherwise ranged from a safespot.

glory is just as good offensively. Keep whip.

But you do need to have bought the ability to make them, and have the skills to.

The 400 points is worth it, and it is assistable.

Its actually 300 points, and it will only teleport you to Tarn's Lair if you've already done it once before.

Honestly, All I did was the quest and said "Hey, why not try it?" And I was able to tele right next to the boss fight. 8-)

1) Is it 300? I thought it was 400, but I'm most likely confusing my Slayer rewards

2) I know that, but if you lose members like I did and need the enchanted ammy back its better to use 20gp and 2 clicks of the mouse than go past the entire maze again, correct? That's why I said getting the ammy BACK.

3) To What, They updated it shortly after to make it so you gotta do the miniquest first.

I did this about 4 weeks ago, not when slayer ring was made.

What980.png

voicefb2.png

But you do need to have bought the ability to make them, and have the skills to.

Its actually 300 points, and it will only teleport you to Tarn's Lair if you've already done it once before.

Honestly, All I did was the quest and said "Hey, why not try it?" And I was able to tele right next to the boss fight. 8-)

1) Is it 300? I thought it was 400, but I'm most likely confusing my Slayer rewards

2) I know that, but if you lose members like I did and need the enchanted ammy back its better to use 20gp and 2 clicks of the mouse than go past the entire maze again, correct? That's why I said getting the ammy BACK.

3) To What, They updated it shortly after to make it so you gotta do the miniquest first.

Really? That's interesting...

[hide=]

Really? That's interesting...

[/hide]

I think what I did was go into the first door of tarns liar and then teled. Don't think the game knew the difference. :D

What980.png

voicefb2.png

I use the ancient mace a lot.

It's like a free 15 prayer points ever couple mins or so. Really nice actually!

Also I use the explorer ring every day...and....yeah i know there's more but i can't think of any atm.

Hmm.. I have a whip but I can't afford a fury. Would I be better off buying Obby Knife and Necklace(I'll keep whip for monsters that hit harder) for everything else? At least until I can afford to spend the money for a fury.

Edit: This would be for strength training of course, I love my whip for attack/defense.

I feel like the Dragon Halberd is a bit underrated nowadays. I simply just don't see as many around as I used to although I use mine from time to time as a nice alternative for meleeing tasks that I would have otherwise ranged from a safespot.

glory is just as good offensively. Keep whip.

I agree i have a fury and i rarely use it because it lacks the tele's of the glory

Fury ftw, just keep a glory in your bank. I have like 20 and just charged them again ;)

But then, fury is only usefull when you really have the money.

A lot of people use the fury, it's not underrated.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Combat Potions are just useless, not underrated. A regular attack and strength potion can NEVER suffice, as you'll always get better training and expierience if you use a Super Attack and Strength Potion.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Imp-in-a-box? I've always seen this close to useless until I found this thread. They could be handy whenever you mine rune ores :? .

actually imp in a box is useful anytime you are dealing with high value stuff

if lootsharing at a boss and get a drop like visage or hilt send it to bank so its safe, during wild clue scrolls send casket back to bank then go retrieve etc.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Imp-in-a-box? I've always seen this close to useless until I found this thread. They could be handy whenever you mine rune ores :? .

actually imp in a box is useful anytime you are dealing with high value stuff

if lootsharing at a boss and get a drop like visage or hilt send it to bank so its safe, during wild clue scrolls send casket back to bank then go retrieve etc.

If I remember correctly, they can not teleport items back to your bank after 20 wild. So mining rune in the wild isn't any help. :cry:

What980.png

voicefb2.png

Zamorak brews, holy wrench, berserker necklace, and dragonfire shield possibly.

explain how the dfs is underrated

Well it's the best shield by far and it was crashing to a very mediocre price until recently. The extra defence is amazing and versatile and creates uses in many places. Ex. Many slayer tasks (black demons w/bandos possibly if you have 99 def w/o pray, scabarites, and any other monsters that don't require the rune defender's attack bonuses because you already hit them so often already), GWD, Boss monsters in general, dueling, and other general uses.

If I remember correctly, they can not teleport items back to your bank after 20 wild. So mining rune in the wild isn't any help. :cry:

True true :roll: . I can't really find other ways of using them other than what Mmmcannibalism said.

hithaiti-1-1.jpg

True true :roll: . I can't really find other ways of using them other than what Mmmcannibalism said.

Although in theory you could run to the Ice Obelisk, go to one of the Obelisks in sub-20 wild, use the imps/pack yak/whatever to bank the ore, then Obelisk back.

Well it's the best shield by far and it was crashing to a very mediocre price until recently. The extra defence is amazing and versatile and creates uses in many places. Ex. Many slayer tasks (black demons w/bandos possibly if you have 99 def w/o pray, scabarites, and any other monsters that don't require the rune defender's attack bonuses because you already hit them so often already), GWD, Boss monsters in general, dueling, and other general uses.

Well, first of all, dfs is NOT the best shield in game.

In fact, it's the 3rd best shield in game, being the first the elysian shield (don't you dare to deny it, it's true and you all know it), and the second is the Divine shield, although ti will only work properly if you have a constant source of prayer, other wise dfs is the second.

Dfs is only the best shield when fighting dragons, and i still dont know if the Elysian shield effect applies to the dragonbreath.

And second, Elysian shield+ 99 defence+ full bandos = Virtually invulnerable.

No arguments

Although in theory you could run to the Ice Obelisk, go to one of the Obelisks in sub-20 wild, use the imps/pack yak/whatever to bank the ore, then Obelisk back.

Uuum, if your talking about the KBD visage drop, the KBD lair is NOT wilderness, so yur free to use the imp there ;)

In fact, it's the 3rd best shield in game, being the first the elysian shield (don't you dare to deny it, it's true and you all know it), and the second is the Divine shield, although ti will only work properly if you have a constant source of prayer, other wise dfs is the second.

Dfs is only the best shield when fighting dragons, and i still dont know if the Elysian shield effect applies to the dragonbreath.

No arguments

torags>bandos in def =D>

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

No arguments

torags>bandos in def =D>

Torags=Bandos in def =D>

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.