Wakka's Mousekeys Guide! LEARN TO DROP TWICE AS FAST!

wakka102

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know why my laptop has mousekeys, it doesn't have a keypad. Is it just there in case you get a USB keypad? IBM thinkpad btw.

It probably has a function numberpad.

If some keys have smaller characters in one of the corners, then that's the function of that key. Hold down the Fn button, and you can use them like a numberpad.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

great guide 10/10 going help me alot when i finally shoot for 99 woodcutting =D>

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

[hide=Quote]

This is the single greatest guide I've ever read.

Ever.

Although, when I hit 2 - 5, then I try and do it again when my cursor lands on the item below it, it goes to examine on that second item. Strange.

Try turning mouse precision off.

For those that don't have programmable keyboards, I have a way to get around that through registry editing. Just a sec, I'll edit my post and add it in in a second.

Well I don't have a programmable keyboard like Wakka102 does, but I know of a way to get around that. It involves remapping the keyboard to change keys to do other keys instead.

I decided that I wanted to remap my numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively. That is wakka's setup, and though I prefer the 2 and 5 keys to be switched so I can roll index-middle, that is what I am going to explain.

You can do this with pretty much any keys on the computer, even on some keys that aren't specific to regular keyboards (a My Pictures key can be changed). However, some of the scancodes were missing, and it was easier to just do what I was doing.

On with the method of doing this... Basically, all you do is open up notepad and put this in.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,Y1,Y1,X1,X1,Y2,Y2,X2,X2,Y3,Y3,X3,X3,00,00,00,00

This is not the completed version, this is an example. The 04 there represents how many keys are being changed, which is 3. (2 would be 03, 1 is 02). X# parts is the key you want to replace, and the respective Y# is the key you replace it with. These come in scan codes. For example, if I wanted to change the F1 key to be F10 for god knows what reason, the scan code for F1 is 3B 00 and the scan code for F2 is 44 00. So that would be 44,00,3b,00 in place of a Y#,Y#,X#,X# to make the F1 key do F10. A good list is here: http://www.usnetizen.com/fix_capslock.php

Anyways, after finishing my key remappings, it looks like this.

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,1d,e0,47,00,50,00,48,00,4c,00,49,00,00,00,00,00

THE EXTRA LINE AT THE END IS IMPORTANT!

This is what you would type to remap the numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively for each key.

Go to Save As... and click the Type of File to make it All Files (*.*). Save the file somewhere you can find it (My Documents, Desktop, whatever) as "remap.reg" without quotes. Find the file, right-click it, and choose Merge. Reboot your computer, and there you go, your keys have been remapped.

Now, say you want to delete this remapping of the keys.

• Go to Start -> Run, type in regedit

Expand these in order: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control

Click on the folder Keyboard Layout (not Layouts)

Delete the thing that says "Scancode Map"

Reboot your computer.

There you go, your keyboard is back to normal!

Also, these do not work in both ways -- if you remap f1 to f10 for example, f10 will still do f10.

[/hide]

This is so epic. Wakka, if you read this, add the quoted post to the main guide :D

I wasn't able to get my programmable keys to act like they're on my numpad, so I just changed my f8 and f9 keys to 2 and 5. I just hold down ctrl (I stick a folded paper thing between ctrl and the side of the keyboard, easy to remove) and it works perfectly :P

2dvjurb.png

[hide=Quote]
This is the single greatest guide I've ever read.

Ever.

Although, when I hit 2 - 5, then I try and do it again when my cursor lands on the item below it, it goes to examine on that second item. Strange.

Try turning mouse precision off.

For those that don't have programmable keyboards, I have a way to get around that through registry editing. Just a sec, I'll edit my post and add it in in a second.

Well I don't have a programmable keyboard like Wakka102 does, but I know of a way to get around that. It involves remapping the keyboard to change keys to do other keys instead.

I decided that I wanted to remap my numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively. That is wakka's setup, and though I prefer the 2 and 5 keys to be switched so I can roll index-middle, that is what I am going to explain.

You can do this with pretty much any keys on the computer, even on some keys that aren't specific to regular keyboards (a My Pictures key can be changed). However, some of the scancodes were missing, and it was easier to just do what I was doing.

On with the method of doing this... Basically, all you do is open up notepad and put this in.

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,Y1,Y1,X1,X1,Y2,Y2,X2,X2,Y3,Y3,X3,X3,00,00,00,00

This is not the completed version, this is an example. The 04 there represents how many keys are being changed, which is 3. (2 would be 03, 1 is 02). X# parts is the key you want to replace, and the respective Y# is the key you replace it with. These come in scan codes. For example, if I wanted to change the F1 key to be F10 for god knows what reason, the scan code for F1 is 3B 00 and the scan code for F2 is 44 00. So that would be 44,00,3b,00 in place of a Y#,Y#,X#,X# to make the F1 key do F10. A good list is here: http://www.usnetizen.com/fix_capslock.php

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,1d,e0,47,00,50,00,48,00,4c,00,49,00,00,00,00,00

This is what you would type to remap the numpad 7, 8, and 9 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively for each key.

Go to Save As... and click the Type of File to make it All Files (*.*). Save the file somewhere you can find it (My Documents, Desktop, whatever) as "remap.reg" without quotes. Find the file, right-click it, and choose Merge. Reboot your computer, and there you go, your keys have been remapped.

Reboot your computer.

Also, these do not work in both ways -- if you remap f1 to f10 for example, f10 will still do f10.

[/hide]

This is so epic. Wakka, if you read this, add the quoted post to the main guide :D

I wasn't able to get my programmable keys to act like they're on my numpad, so I just changed my f8 and f9 keys to 2 and 5. I just hold down ctrl (I stick a folded paper thing between ctrl and the side of the keyboard, easy to remove) and it works perfectly :P

Yeah, I need to change that... to some other three keys I can use that rarely anyone uses. It doesn't seem to work with the numpad keys :\

I decided that I wanted to remap my F10, F11, and F12 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively. That is wakka's setup, and though I prefer the 2 and 5 keys to be switched so I can roll index-middle, Wakka's setup is what I am going to explain.

This is not the completed version, this is an example. The 04 there represents how many keys are being changed, which is 3. (if you wanted to change 2 it would be 03, change 1 is 02, etcetera). X# parts is the key you want to replace, and the respective Y# is the key you replace it with. These come in scan codes. For example, if I wanted to change the F1 key to be F10 for god knows what reason, the scan code for F1 is 3B 00 and the scan code for F10 is 44 00. So that would be 44,00,3b,00 in place of a Y#,Y#,X#,X# to make the F1 key do F10. A good list is here: http://www.usnetizen.com/fix_capslock.php

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,1d,e0,44,00,50,00,57,00,4c,00,58,00,00,00,00,00

This is what you would type to remap F10, F11, and F12 to do Ctrl, 2, 5, respectively for each key.

Reboot your computer.

^^ fixed.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Wow, thanks so much. This is so useful.

After some use, I found the following combo for dropping to be faster:

Right click

Left click

Right click

Left click, etc.

It's like rapidly emptying pouches for rc, just backwards.

lalalasig2.png

Just a tip here for what to use mousekeys for: I did pineapple pizzas from pineapple rings and plain pizzas yesterday with mousekeys at the Lumby bank chest. I managed to do 3600 in two hours with decent concetration and no randoms that would have taken a long time. I've done it before without timing it so I had good technique. So that was 338400 gp per hour and 81k cooking exp per hour if everything had been bougth and sold at med. I think 1900 pizzas/hour is possible. Try it if you want to make a little money while cooking.

Rao.png

are there mouse keys for mac?

t7mq9v.png

dragon drops: 2 legs, 3 skirts

dag kings: 9 zerker 3 axe , 1 seers , 4 warrior

bandos:hilt x4 tasset x 3 chest x 7 boots x 2

arma: hilt x1 chest x1 skirt x2 helm x1

+ much more :d

hey im having some toubles while using the mouse keys, im playing runescape on swiftkit and lets say im banking at cw while graahking and the timer on the bottom left side freezes and if i drag my mouse down there the runescape screen moves to the top left corner of my screen and i start getting all glitchy, im on windows xp btw.

so is there anything i can do to stop this from happening?

dragonmfmcape,majin%20buu139.gif

majin%20buu139.gif

majin%20buu139.gif

hey im having some toubles while using the mouse keys, im playing runescape on swiftkit and lets say im banking at cw while graahking and the timer on the bottom left side freezes and if i drag my mouse down there the runescape screen moves to the top left corner of my screen and i start getting all glitchy, im on windows xp btw.

so is there anything i can do to stop this from happening?

Happened to me too, when I still had xp. Only cure I found was restarting the computer. On vista there is a similar problem that [bleep]s up my task bar so I can't click on it anymore, same thing, only restarting helps. Only annoying part about mouse keys. :-#

2dvjurb.png

Here's a tip. Instead of having to hold down control in order to speed it up:

Control Panel > Accessibility Options > StickyKeys > Use StickyKeys

Then, in StickeyKeys settings enable "press modifier key twice to lock".

This will allow you to double-tap your CTRL key and not have to press it again to speed it up(to unlock the locked key just press it one more time).

I use it for dropping inventories of logs... one less hand stretch.

Also, something else I do when dropping logs via Mousekeys... Turn mouse button toggle setting to "one button", and press 5-5-2 on the number pad to quickly drop, select, move (in that order. there's an initial 5-2, but it's 5-5-2 for the rest of the column). This gets your hands off the mouse, and makes dropping that much faster, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Yes, I did make an account just to reply to this, lol.

Oh yeah, just a tip... turn off the icon for mousekeys.

Control Panel, make sure you're in classic view so you see the next icon you need to click lol.

Accessibility Options

Mouse tab, click Settings for Mousekeys

Uncheck "show mousekeys status on screen"

It caused a lot of bugs for me but after that it fixed everything.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Hey, nice guide but i have one question. Im a mac user and i have problems with using the mouse keys. I can put them on but the key ctrl isn't working on mac. So I would want to know what the key is on macs or am I just doing something wrong.

A few little problems.... How do I do a left click when pressing '5'? And also, it jumps to examine on the second jump, somehow... >.>

Someone pm me or post the answer for me thnx. Might actually get 99 fish....

/ and * symbols switch between left and right click(the symbols are from the numerical keyboard).About the jump, you have to go in the mousekeys options and adjust the speed.