What funny craze have you been through?

Wot

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gogos and Pokemon, RuneScape, Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever (I didn't get involved), Beyblades, yeah that's pretty much it.

Oh yeah and the only year I was in an American elementary school, beanie babies.

I'm glad the '90s are over.

C2b6gs7.png

Bayblades are one I remember. That was interesting. I still have a Dronzer V2 or something like that(highest level Dronzer; V2 or V5 or something I can't remember).

Next was Yu-gi-oh. I managed to complete an Exodia set with another friend and so we paired up alot because of that.

RuneScape was a craze for a couple of years. It died down fast.

That's all, I think.

Helicopter game is addictive. My highest score was around 3,030.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Those existed (some with the same names) when I was in school, I'm pretty sure you didn't make them up.

ffs, we thought we made them up. :cry:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

runescape, yugio cards, everyhting thing else that came in chip packets, and the most recent of all:

The Helicopter Game

its such a dam simple game but so addictive. everyone (including some teachers) were playing it.

That games great, i play it every now and again

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

Marbles and pogs were the biggest, and definitely the more worthwhile ones that I can remember. There was also a small M:TG fad and I bought myself some of those decks (black & green) but I never really got into it that much. We also had a tamagotchi phase waay back, I remember having a sumo-wrestler one... which you trained and fed to get bigger, and if you had a friend who also had one, you could connect them and have sumo fights. I never really got into the Pokemon cards though, I think I was too old then.

2009rb9.jpg

Pokemon cards and Pokemon stickers.

These weird squidgy ball things (Called a yucky yo ball apparently) that you bought off the market for a quid.

product-5332659.gif

You used them to beat the [cabbage] out of everybody in a metre radius in the playground ^_^ Then they would pop and squirt weird sinister looking liquid over everybody. Good times. :thumbsup:

We had a short phase where we had this game girls against boys that I was the creator of \' , the boys had to catch the girls and pin us up against the railings and we had to escape the prison and get back to base :ohnoes:.

We used to play British bulldog too (BB), but it got banned... so we played BBB, Banned british bulldog. Completely different... honest!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Beyblades (still have a whole box of mostly functioning ones... I have at least 15...) - We battled in this metal circular sandbox thing at school during recess.

Yu-Gi-Oh! (STILL LOVE THE MANGA) have about 200 or so cards? Play occasionally with my brother, except the new cards all suck so I haven't bought any in about a year. -To whoever said only new ones are worth anything: dang you're right... I have a holographic XYZ DRAGON CANNON... can't sell it. Stupid.

Magic the Gathering. I hate it. But I'm really good at it. I beat my brother with his own deck.

Also RuneScape. Everyone played it at school. Then they blocked it 'because it uses too much bandwith'. Our tech support people suck beyond anything you could say... I could do a better job then them.

And:

41KKB6CWBPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sock'em Boppers. Never bought a pair myself, but the commercial got stuck in my head. "Sock'em Boppers! It's more fun than a pillow fight!"

I had forgotten that song since they stopped production at the end of the last century. Now after 10 years that song is back in my head.......

i was trying to play the song in my head, but all im hearing is the mousetrap song.

now it wont go away.

the only crazes i can remember (other than pokemon and yugioh cards), were marbles in sixth grade, i brought marbles to school one day and was playing with them, and then everybody else started playing with marbles. and last year i brought a yo yo to school, and a couple days later other people started bringing them, and then a bunch of people were playing with yo yos. It really sucks, because when multiple people have yo-yos teachers are more likely to take them away. I lost my fancy yo yo because of that.

OH! and beyblades, but we still play with those.

Let me think: CrazyBones, Power Rangers, Barney, Pokemon Games/ Cards, Beyblades (I remembered playing these things at recess, where a guy would bring the 'arena' and we would all do it), Wallball (that was an actual game), Yugioh, Bionicles, Legos, Hot Wheels, Runescape, Naruto, Anime/ Manga (where I basically read through a whole series in like two weeks), Sparkly Pens, Halo Series, Dinosaurs, Nerf Guns, Harry Potter (when the movie came out), Gameboys (who remembers the one WITHOUT color!?), Star Wars (when I saw the first movie of the second trilogy, I was so confused, now like 6 years later, I finally got to watch the whole two trilogies, and I feel like I was the dumbest guy ever), Lord of the Ring (with all the toys and everything), board games, and 20 questions! Holy Crap! That was the most addicting thing. EVER.

Pokémon -> Yo-Yo's -> Skipping Ropes (Yeah wtf) -> Pokémon Again -> Boneheads -> Yu-Gi-Oh -> Beyblades -> RuneScape (Everyone played this for like 3 months, only the select few MMO players stayed)

Something like this.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Those existed (some with the same names) when I was in school, I'm pretty sure you didn't make them up.

ffs, we thought we made them up. :cry:

Yeah back when I was in school we played "the game" and I thought some friends of mine made it up, but with how much it is spread now they probably got it from somewhere else. We played it long before it was big though, that's something at least.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I believe there's still a table in my school who plays Yu-Gay-[garden tool] before, during lunch, and after school. 4-5 kids. :roll: -.-

WHITE LIGHTNING ATTACK!!@(@&*^@!

You lose 3000 lifepoints. I win.

--

Yeah back when I was in school we played "the game" and I thought some friends of mine made it up, but with how much it is spread now they probably got it from somewhere else. We played it long before it was big though, that's something at least.

Whell, we're kind of secluded to the rest of the world and we pretty much made up some of them on the spot so I guess that's something also.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

tamagotchi, about 12 years ago, my parents never gave me one though. It's a trauma. Pokemon. Power Rangers (VR troopers are for [kitties]!) and of course flippos (pogs, you got them with lays chips, looney tunes pogs, they had like 10 series or something, I had them all 8-) I was pretty good at the game too, if I may say so)! Nike Air Max Classics (yes, I even bought a pair this year, because of nostalgia).

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Ooh what about MIGHTY BEANZ? I still have like a hundred of them in my closet. :D

Also I forgot the Yo Momma crap and the YOUR FACE crap. And my friends went through a phase where they had to end everyone's sentances with your mom, if you know what I mean, or in your pants. Was super annoying. :wall:

Yugioh. From what i saw online, i could've sold my deck for 400 euros (which is epic profit btw...)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Ooh what about MIGHTY BEANZ? I still have like a hundred of them in my closet. :D

Also I forgot the Yo Momma crap and the YOUR FACE crap. And my friends went through a phase where they had to end everyone's sentances with your mom, if you know what I mean, or in your pants. Was super annoying. :wall:

Your moms annoying..

Yeah, my friend's brother does that. He says it so much that it has stuck and become a habit. He got in trouble one time from a teacher for it. From what I hear it went:

*boy is talking*

Teacher: BOY! Stop talking or go to the deputy principal. You're disrupting the class and stopping the ones that want to learn

Boy: Your mom!

*class laughs* ....or something like that.

Baaaaaaah, I think he got suspended, not really sure. But he still does it, awesome. :thumbup:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Pokemon cards, yo-yo's... Those are the two main ones I always remember.

Those two for sure. Also those stacking cups. They were such a big deal when I was in like 4th grade.

Oh god, we had that in 5th grade when our teachers introduced it to us. I still have my 2 sets (1 regular and 1 mini) and my timer pad >.<.

But some of the other things were:

-Furbies

-Pokemans

-Slip n slide (it broke within 1 hour of use)

-Runescape (6th grade)

-Your mom jokes

Amazingly didn't get into yu-gi-oh though.

Shaniqua.png

We all hated those damn cups in fourth grade. I was amazing at it, and my teachers tried to get me to go to the city championship, but I didn't want to. Stupid cups.

Now that I want to go to bartending school, though, it's kinda sounding like a useful idea.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream